Author Topic: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [World is Saved]  (Read 58239 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
VALIANT HERO Mafia! [World is Saved]
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
It was a good time for this gathering of BRAVE and TRUE HEROES. One of the most famous heroes of their age was set to make a big announcement, and they were all gathering for the event.
As they entered the hall, chattering (mostly VERY LOUDLY) amongst themselves, they were met with a frightful sight. Their guest 'announcer' was found, buried in a sea of kryptonite. With his last gasps, he turned to the crowd, uttering a single word.
"You."
But which? It was up to them to figure that one out. Turning to each other, a wave of suspicion ran through them. They were all heroes, and it was their job to save the day again.

Superman, Town NPC, has been killed!

Only two specific rules apply. I'll ask that everybody unvote before voting again - not necessary, just damn helpful.
Other rule applies to the times: Day One will be 72 hours, every subsequent day will be 48. Night Phases will be a maximum of 48 hours, after which time any night actions not received will just not be used that night.
Setup, as mentioned in the signup topic, contains roles, although few.

(Doing Science and) Still Alive:
1. Almaz von Almadine Adamant [Disgaea 3]
3. Batmanuel [The Tick]
7. Flay Gunnar [Mana Khemia]
8. Gordon [Disgaea]
9. Hazel [Watership Down]
10. Hilda Valentine [Shadow Hearts 3]
16. The Tick [The Tick]

Turned into a Crystal:
Day One - Prinny [Disgaea] (Mafia Silencer)
Night One - Saber [Fate/Stay Night] (Town Citizen)
Day Two - Captain Planet [Captain Planet] (Mafia Rolecop)
Night Two - Hiro [Snow Crash] (Town Citizen)
Day Three - The Middleman [The Middleman] (Town Citizen)
Day Four - Captain James T. Kirk [Star Trek] (Town Citizen)
Day Five - The Comedian [Watchmen] (Mafia Goon)
Night Five - Smax [Alan Moore's Top 10] (Town Doctor)
Day Six - Axel [Disgaea 2] (Mafia Goon)

72 hours remain. With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to kill.
Personal note for tracking the time: Started at midnight.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:10:38 PM by Yoshiken »

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Day One]
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 12:07:27 AM »
(Doing Science and) Still Alive:

... so, our friendly invisible narrator dude references GLaDOS in his very first post - one of the most villainous bugs to ever crash a netizen.

clearly, our friendly invisible narrator dude is treacherous scum, attempting to narrate us into believing that the rest of us are evil.

our course of action here is clear, friends.

##VOTE: Yoshiken

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:08:54 AM »
You... stage hog! Think you can have all the spotlight to yourself, huh?

##Vote: Axel

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:12:15 AM »
Okay chuckleheads, this is a crime scene and that means two things: no messing with the body, and no one leaves the room. Anybody trying to walk out that door has to go through me, got it? And--

--wait, is that a RABBIT in here with us? You've gotta be kidding me. Okay, so I work with a dog, but dogs have, y'know, a history of actually being useful. What's a rabbit gonna do for us? Hey, Flopsy! Don't you have a date to be late for, or some breakfast cereal to steal?

##Vote: Hazel

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:34 AM »
A DARK! Hero? Hero of the Netherworld? Where I come from, we call those villa-- oooooooh look! It's a dime! Must be my lucky day!

##VOTE: Axel

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 12:25:48 AM »
Earth!

Fire!

Wind..Water!

HEART!

Goooo Planet!

By your powers combined, I am Captain planet!!

Hmm, so there are false heroes tainting our council, clearly you kids have summoned the right hero to cleanse us of this mess.

Using my natural powers of deduction, I can only conclude that Captain Kirk here is out of his element.  First, a captain who explores? How is that heroic!  Secondly, we all know that the only person as deserving of the title of captain as myself is Captain Picard.

##Vote: Captain James T. Kirk

For clearly a beguiler of the true hero of his particular series!

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
This city already has a big blue nigh invulnerable hero, and that's me!

SPOOOOOOOON!

##Vote: Planet

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:28:27 AM »
##Vote: Hiro Protagonist

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 12:33:09 AM »
Mwaaaaahahaha. *MWAH* I just loooooooove being the heroine!

Wait... there's ANOTHER HEROINE?!

##VOTE: Saber

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 12:34:41 AM »
##VOTE: Prinny

What kind of a hero can a PENGUIN be!?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:40:42 AM »
Captain's Log
Stardate 1226.56

I have just recently arrived at the council of Big Damn Heros, but have been unable to get myself to care, as it appears to be about someone who is not me.  There also seems to be murder afoot, but that just distracts from the real issue.  How few women there are.  There's that freaky blond chick, a little thin but looks like she'd know a trick or two.  And that other one looks like she knows how to handle a sword.  And that's not even looking at the sidekicks.  That blue fruit especially's got some fine ladies.  I mean, Goddess' are always divine, and that blond one reminds me of Chekov with a tight ass and short shorts.   Of course...  I'm not sure about that Heart one...  Looks like a dude, but my guts says it has to be the team bitch.

Of course, to get their attention I'll have to do something manly and decisive.  And there's a tribble ripe for the booting before it can make so many we're swarmed.

Wait...  that blue fruit just said what?

End Captain's Log.

All right you green haired pansy!  I got a few things to say.  First!  What's it you do?  Save the Earth from fat guys who drown puppies in oil for fun?  Hah!  I've traveled through time to save the whales in order to prevent aliens from wiping out the planet!  Where were you when that happened?  Stopping someone from tipping over a trash can in Johannesburg I'm betting.

Second!  You got it all wrong, it's supposed to be green skin, blue hair, and a space babe!  Not some freaky looking earth dude!

And third?  Never, ever, bring up that smug, sanctimonious tool Picard!

##Manly Pawnch to the Face: Captain Planet

So, now that that's done, to business.  So, hey there blondie.  Want to see my wessel, it's the biggest in the fleet.

##Vote: Captain Planet

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:19 AM »
HUMANS! HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS HUMANS!

You destroyed one warren of mine already! Now you're hunting me down? Leave me alone!

##Vote: Smax

May El-ahraihra pass hraka in your water!

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
What's this?! A murderer in our midst!? Looks like this party just got a lot less inviting!

Time for Captain Gordon, DEFENDER OF EARTH, to spring into action!

And looking around the room, I see - you! The funny guy in the mask! You aren't even a true hero, are you? Moral ambiguity in heroes is completely unacceptable!

##GORDON VOTE!: The Comedian

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 01:02:22 AM »
A vote for your GREAT and HEROIC moderator?! I won't stand for this!

And now, for a jokevote count!

Current Votes:
Yoshiken [1] - Hiro
Axel [2] - Comedian, Almaz
Hazel [1] - Smax
Kirk [1] - Planet
Planet [2] - Tick, Kirk
Hiro [1] - Saber
Saber [1] - Hilda
Prinny [1] - Flay
Smax [1] - Hazel
Comedian [1] - Gordon

No Vote: Axel, Batmanuel, Hiro, Middleman, Prinny

71 hours remain. With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
tch, fine. but don't blame a guy for cuttin' the red tape and getting straight to the admin, ya know?

and... my, there's a bunch of intolerance here. look. the metaverse is a wonderous place where men can be men, women can be women, penguins can be penguins and bunnies can be bunnies. there's no reason to be hating just because you "don't get" what they're doing here.

of course, what some people seem to be doing here is killing people. remember, kids, snow crashin's wrong.

and someone who can lose their string of thought right while accusing someone of being the criminal overmind? yeah. that finds little good purchase with me.

##UNVOTE: Yoshiken (but I have my eye on you, buster)
##VOTE: Almaz

man, where's Y.T. when I need a good backup.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »
Whoa-Ho-hooo! you mean we could get murdered doods? I don't like the sound of this.

In all my years, dood, I've only met one group of people that is more evil than Master Etna, and that's hippies. Those doods have done lots of things you wouldn't even believe to others and themselves just for the sake of trees. There's something wrong with them, doods.

##Vote: Captain Planet

Quote from: Flay Gunnar
What kind of a hero can a PENGUIN be!?
You're one to talk, dood. Don't you become a Super Villain at the end of the first game?
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 01:47:13 AM »
Aww yeah, two votes already. Everyone loves Axel.

Wait, hold on a second, I'm getting a call from the Director...uh huh...wait, votes are bad? It means....

It means they want to KILL ME!?

Woah, just hold on a minute here. You can't kill me off, I'm the Dark Hero! And I've got a contract to play this whole event!

So let's turn the tables here, eenie meenie miney ##Vote: Almaz

BOO-YAH! How you like dem apples?

Anyway, I'm totally off my game now. I'm gonna have to rehearse some more before I can put on my big performance. Way to go, guys. I'm not gonna let any of you clowns be my extras.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 03:29:28 AM »
Well, this situation looks about as serious as a hefty bag full of rottweilers. It's time to get down to business, Gentlemen. And Ladies. And assorted sentients.

There is one thing that I will not allow, aside from the exploitation of genetically engineered gorrillas, and that's not stepping up to the task. It gets good men killed and I won't stand for it.

##Vote Batmanuel

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 03:34:12 AM »
Oh my friends, Batmanuel does not have to step to get up to the task.  Nor does he rush, like some. 

##Vote: Axel

He does succumb to peer pressure and jokevote.  I am afraid I cannot allow competition for dem apples. 

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »
Mr. Middleman, your words are very pretty, but what do you mean?  Are you seriously saying that our words mean anything to those who are not here to hear them?

But, it's Ears that I'm looking at.  Mr. Axel was fairly clear in that he was engaged in the ancient Mafia tradition known as the "Joke Phase".  While it may be our job as explorers to look at such things from an outside perspective and study them, to uncritically judge them diminshes us all.  Ears, your accusation is one I cannot overlook, simply because of its serious response to such a trivial origin.

Ensign Redshirt, please take Mr. Manuel under custody.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Batmanuel

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
Dammit, I step into the can for a minute to collect my thoughts and Captain Space here goes and says everything I had in mind. Well, I'm gonna say it anyway just to have it out, because that eurotrash fruit's vote isn't plainly a joke and it's not substantial enough for a real vote either. It's something in between and I dunno what to make of it.

##Unvote: Hazel
##Vote: Batmanuel

Hey, Bats! You want to explain yourself some? It's almost like you didn't know Axel wasn't being serious, but that can't be right because how could anyone take Axel seriously anyway?

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
Quote from: Kirk
But, it's Ears that I'm looking at.  Mr. Axel was fairly clear in that he was engaged in the ancient Mafia tradition known as the "Joke Phase".  While it may be our job as explorers to look at such things from an outside perspective and study them, to uncritically judge them diminshes us all.  Ears, your accusation is one I cannot overlook, simply because of its serious response to such a trivial origin.

Quote from: Smax
Dammit, I step into the can for a minute to collect my thoughts and Captain Space here goes and says everything I had in mind. Well, I'm gonna say it anyway just to have it out, because that eurotrash fruit's vote isn't plainly a joke and it's not substantial enough for a real vote either. It's something in between and I dunno what to make of it.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Kirk

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »
Mr. Saber, perhaps you could speak, and discribe how you are lost, and why you feel there is some threat in our misunderstanding.  If you ask nicely, I'll be glad to participate in a full debriefing.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 11:35:22 AM »
Hmm...I'm conflicted as to the battiness of this Batmanuel.

On one hand, succumbing to pressure from others does not seem the most heroic of actions, but with so many random votes flying around it was worth starting a real bandwagon to start conversation. The heroic voices inside my head tell me to tread carefully.

Miss Saber, why is Captain Kirk worth your time in light of this? Quoting two posts and posting a humourous image of your boyfriend does not a case make!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
Very well. They do say a picture tells a thousand words, but artistic literacy must no longer be a valued trait in the modern era. I certainly believed that Shirou's ability to quickly reach the essential point of any summation would have served us well.

Captain Kirk, essentially, seems to believe that Batmanuel's case is 'not quite a joke, yet not quite real'. To my eyes, it appears quite cleanly in the realms of humour. Poor humour, perhaps, but there is no accounting for taste. Smax, simultaneously, agrees that it is not a joke at all. Since I cannot reconcile their thoughts with reality, one might say that I have been 'lost' as they attempt to guide me through the rationale that lead them to their votes.

Furthermore, their conduct marks them as oddities and standouts in a competition where a small group of people are special and unique. Thus, they clearly fit the criteria of a 'minority', who do not blend in with those who surround them at this point in time.