Author Topic: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [World is Saved]  (Read 58424 times)

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Day One]
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
My apologies. It was Smax who reached the conclusion over what is false and what is real. This labyrinth is one I shall not be escaping soon, I see.

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:27 PM »
Less a conclusion than me not being sure how serious Batty was with his vote. Lots of people made silly accusations yesterday--hell, that's about all anyone was saying for a while there--but Batty's post talked about "peer pressure" and "jokevoting" as though they were actual offenses. Which I guess they'd be if you could actually prosecute someone for them, but when everyone's still introducing themselves? Nah, I don't think so. Anyway, since Bats was the last person to toss his two cents in, I thought he might have been trying to steer things in a more serious direction and giving a pretty poor reason for doing it. Why single out Axel for doing the same thing as everyone else?

(Alright, so he IS a demon, but you know, I worked with a satanist for a while and he never tried to sacrifice me or nothing. So I don't judge.)

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
It would seem to me that his post is self-referential, and Axel was simply a random target.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
Mr. Saber, it seems clear enough that Ears was referencing Mr. Axel specifically due to the way he named specific traits in relation to himself.  And though I must admit that your pictures may be wordy, unfortunately I presently lack my translator.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
The ways of the English language have truly declined. Let us inspect the good man's posting.

Quote from: Bat
Oh my friends, Batmanuel does not have to step to get up to the task.  Nor does he rush, like some. 

Here, we see he is clearly referring to himself in the third person.

Quote from: Bat

##Vote: Axel

He does succumb to peer pressure and jokevote.  I am afraid I cannot allow competition for dem apples.

It seems likely that the subject of his words, i.e. himself, has remained constant throughout; thus, it can be seen that Batmanuel was relating traits to his own person while voting for Axel.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 01:25:58 PM »
And yet, his discussing the competition says that he was referring to someone who shared those traits with him.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 01:40:38 PM »
His issue appeared to be over fruit.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »
Maybe, or perhaps he's just using slang, street language, local vernacular, to give flavour to his words so he doesn't come off like some soulless Vulcan.  And my tricorder says that these apples seem to be a reference to being the best at those qualities.

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
I see that this is only going to be resolved by the appearance of the man in question.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
Stupid bullet-points. [-] means 0 votes.

Current Votes:
Axel [3] - Comedian, Almaz, Batmanuel
Hazel [-] - Smax
Kirk [2] - Planet, Saber
Planet [2] - Tick, Kirk, Prinny
Hiro [-] - Saber
Saber [1] - Hilda
Prinny [1] - Flay
Smax [1] - Hazel
Comedian [1] - Gordon
Almaz [2] - Hiro, Axel
Batmanuel [3] - Middleman, Kirk, Smax

57 hours remain. With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »
Quote from: Kirk
Words
Quote from: Smax
Words
Quote from: Saber
A Thousand words
Quote from: Gordon
Slightly fewer words
Words

Why does this have to be so complicated, doods? I can barely read all of this, much less understand it.

Quote from: Batdood
He does succumb to peer pressure and jokevote.  I am afraid I cannot allow competition for dem apples. 
That's a pretty weird way of saying "Bandwagoning is bad unless I'm doing it!"

##Unvote
##Vote Batmanuel
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »
Uh, yeah, guys? I kinda read that as Battyboy talking about himself as well.

Anyway, Bats, were those apples I threw at that Almaz kid yours? Sorry about that. Here, I know just how to make it up to you, ##Autograph: Batmanuel. One authentic Dark Hero autograph, probably worth more then everything else you have combined. I know, I know, I'm just too generous for words here, but a guy's gotta keep up with his fanbase somehow.

Now so long as we're on the subject of things getting serious, lets get that joke vote off the table. ##Unvote: Almaz

Now where do I put it instead? Not a big fan of having perfectly good votes just sitting around unused, so let's go with ##Vote: James T. Kirk

Now why Kirk and not Smax? Simple, Smax I can understand just fine. Don't agree with where he's coming from, but I can still see how he got there so whatevs. Kirk's post about slang and stuff just kinda left me scratching my head. It reads to me like a real stretch of a reason to vote for Batmandu there, somehow calling adding flavor to a post scummy. Considering the Captain himself has thrown some flavor into his own posts, I doubt that's what he's going for but that's what it reads like to me.

Want to clarify exactly what you were trying to get at there, Kirk?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
Mr. Axel, the idea of slang came up because of a difference in opinion as to the meaning of Ears' words, and whether you were, or were not, a random target, or if there was some connection to you.  It was not part of my original post, and more an explaination to Mr. Saber as to why there would be a mention of fruit.  If I am incorrect, then Mr. Saber's reasoning is more confusing than a drunken Klingon.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
Quote from: Kirk
Words
Quote from: Smax
Words
A Thousand words
Quote from: Gordon
Slightly fewer words
Words

Why does this have to be so complicated, doods? I can barely read all of this, much less understand it.

this seems the most accurate sumnation of events thus far, though the penguin's forgotten to note Batmanuel's comment that launched a thousand flailing votes.

batmanuel's comment itself... mmm. something akin to that ancient legend that my noble ancestors, many moons ago, would have called "Chrono Cross Plot". initially makes some sense, but as soon as you think about it, it falls apart. this being said, it also fails to fall apart in a way that I believe justifies a vote, at least to my mind. it reads as if he jokevotes to punish a jokevoter, in brief; while this would be inane behavior, it's the jokevote phase and should be taken about as seriously as President Gaga's brief stint. if he continues his cryptic non-statements, however, the votes will be more understandable.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
What it seems we've got here is a classic case of historical figure undergoing temporal displacement- tends to gum up the works when it comes to getting down to brass tacks.

While it seems we're all fishing for something to put our hands on, there's been plenty of words from plenty of talkative people- I'm extremely adverse to putting the kibosh on right-speaking citizens here- at least over the all too quiet ones. Batmanuel over there's stirred a lot of conversation in one vague set of lines, and to be honest, I'm not entirely a fan of his attitude. Still, can't quite bring myself to put him to the noose just yet when he's had no chance to defend himself.

##Unvote Batmanuel

This is just a temporary measure, so don't get overly comfortable, my friend.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »
Aaaah, okay. I just figured that "dem apples" was a catchphrase of his or something like that and I accedantally used it. It's not like I know who the heck Batmanfred over there even is or anything. I guess this leaves me agreeing with Saber on a different point now, the only way we're gonna make heads or tails of this is for Battybat to show up and do some 'splainin. I'll leave my vote where it is for now, and see it needs moving once the Guanomeister appears and clears up his intentions.

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
Ole!  Oh, lay.

Batmanuel is a busy man!  He came to the game, he saw a bunch of jokevotes and no serious movement except a vote on himself for not being there, he shrugged and cast a jokevote himself, referring to no one and nothing serious.  He checked back, hours later, and saw that he was still the last post in the thread, and shrugged and went to Captain Liberty's house.  To sleep.  Ahem.

He also thinks today is hardly better.  There is still no serious movement except a lot of people still trying to make something out of nothing on himself.  Batmanuel thinks Kirk is too much competition for the ladies pushing it the worst, and while Batmanuel does not really like voting on a stupid argument over his own jokevote, he doesn't see anything better at the moment...

##Unvote: Axel
##Vote: El Capitan Jaime T. Kirk

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 07:21:45 PM »
Hah!! You think a mere punch could dilute the willpower of one as dense as stone such as myself?!

I seem to have come back to Mr. Kirk here accusing both the bat and middle man.  While the spark for some discussion is appreciated, the reasoning seems dirty.

Smax seems more interested in an explanation then downright accusing the batman, so I am willing to let that slide.

Kirk however, accuses the bat fellow of besmirching Axel in what strikes me as a post meant to besmear the batman himself.  I do not see the clean logic in attempting to accuse someone so quickly when it is their first post and most likely just a poorly worded joke vote.

I shall now refine my vote on Kirk to be a serious vote instead of a joke.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
Whoah dudes, what happened?  Why're people taking Batmanuel's joke serious?  I agree with Saber here,  it's obvious to me Batmanuel was referencing to himself when he said "he" submitted to peer pressure and jokevote.

Even if Axel's a demon, devil, whatever some kind of evil being anyway or something I'll drop the jokevote.

##UNVOTE: Axel

I can't make heads or tails of the arguments here and I'm just going to vote Smax for the whatthehell vote on Batmanuel.

##VOTE: Smax

It's bad enough one person completely failed to realize Batmanuel was joking, but two?  Smax is worse than Kirk for me because Smax drops a standard "I agree" post and then disappears, leaving Kirk to take the heat.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:14 PM »
Captain, I am a man of action.  You may not like my methods, but as a hundred Starfleet commendations can tell you, they work.

And, the best part of picking a fight, is that people have to talk about it.  Naturally, I'd prefer it if they were talking about how much ass I'm kicking, but any talking is good.  It keeps people from hiding, and as you might notice, honorable Federation captains don't cloak, but those Klingon scum do.

And, as much as Mr. Middleman might like to say it's the officers who haven't shown up to the engagement who are cloaking, I'd think he gives a better impression of it myself.

He talks fast, but says nothing.  His first transmission, while not quite a joke, has no reason and is just a call for absent officers to make their first post.  His second transmission shows him worrying over officers who are silent, but not naming any.  And worse, removing his vote from Ears worrying about his impending execution when not even half the jury's voting for death, and then not even finding another place to put it, even as there's still officers with nothing more than a joke transmission to their name.

Chekov, set phasers to vote!

##Unvote, ##Vote: Mr. Middleman

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
Right, so I didn't stop to think Batty's last words there were still in the third-person (what kind of fruit talks about himself in the third-person, anyway? Oh, right, eurotrash). I saw a vote, figured what followed the vote had to be the reason for it. Which I guess it was, but it was just as damned silly as the rest of what he was saying.

##Unvote: Batmanuel

No point pressing him for something I shouldn't have taken seriously.

I'm not liking the sudden heat on Space Chief there. Sure, him blabbing on about slang didn't make much sense or help much, but it looks to me like we've got people jumping on his case just 'cause it's the only thing going on. And harping on about him reading Bats wrong doesn't really fly either since the penguin made the same call and no one's busting him for it. Looks to me like we've got a simple misunderstanding here and one poor schmuck's paying for the whole thing. Well, you can put that little mob together without my help.

And--hey, what? Almaz! I stuck around long enough to wait for a response and explained myself to Saber when she spoke. Past that, hey, a man's gotta sleep sometime (as you should know since you were out at least as long as I was). If this whole thing being a misunderstanding isn't enough for you, hell, I don't know what else to say.

Frankly damn tired of the whole issue and think it's a waste of time talking about it more, so I'm gonna look at someone else. Hey, Captain Treehugger! What do you say about this?

Kirk however, accuses the bat fellow of besmirching Axel in what strikes me as a post meant to besmear the batman himself.

Smear campaign, huh? Saying Kirk went out of his way to make Bats look bad is a step up from all the other folks calling it bad reasoning. Unless you can back that up with some quotes from Kirk himself that make it plain he's trying to ruin Batty's reputation, I've gotta think you're making something out of nothing here. I'm not seeing the kind of aggression that would make me believe that. Hell, he spent most of the time explaining himself to Saber. It's like you're reading Kirk's posts in the worst light for...well, I don't know what reason, so explain yourself!

##Vote: Captain Planet

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »
Alright, I'm good with both Batsketball and Spaceman Spiff here. Standard poorly worded joke vote, missunderstanding of joke vote, yadda yadda, nothing else to say about this one, moving on. ##Unvote: James T. Kirk

Gotta say I agree with Kirksworth here on the man in the middle, I don't really like someone pulling off one case and not throwing down a vote on another. Even a weak vote with a flimsy reason is better then no vote at all, gives the rest of us something to work with, lets us know where you stand. Call it a me-too vote if you gotta, but a good point is a good point, #Vote: Middleman

And it looks like Smax has a case of his own, may as well comment on it while I'm here. "Smear campaigns", or really any other kind of personal attacks are always a pretty good scum tell in my book, so if the hippie saw something then it might be worth looking at. A quick look back over Kirk's posts don't make anything like that stand out to me, though. I'd like to see what he'll quote as his reasons for that line.

Only other thing I can think of at the moment is that the funnyman needs to show up and maybe pull the rabbit out of a hat while he's at it. Not lurking enough to bother with a vote yet, but it sure would be nice if people would show up before they had to be vote prodded.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07:14 PM »
Fair enough, Captain- I don't mean to seem as if I'm attempting to cloud the crisis at hand. If you'd like names, I can point to five on the first page with witty one-liners, single votes, and not another comment since. The bunny may not be able to reach a communications device, or may be hiding in a burrow, but I don't know about the rest of them. Seeing as this is the very beginning of out arduous task of rooting out the ne'er do wells among us, I'd much prefer to give the what-for to one of those silent folks than to the talkers- the people who are investigating and one way or another, leaving a paper trail.

It's for that reason I won't dilute my praise with a vote, good Captain. Yet.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Heh, Alex, if it's the vote I gave you that worries you, fine.

##Unvote: Axel

All this mess just because of some apples. Looking back at his post, thought it was easy enough to notice that he talked in the third person, or did everyone miss his first line, before his vote?

I wanna hear from the Middleman a bit more. No clue why you want to protect the rabbit like that. I mean, from the looks of it, he talked just fine at the beginning of the day. No clue either why you're holding your vote for now. The day has just begun, you always have time to switch your vote in the long run, no one's in real danger for the time being... And then there's this whole thing with Batmanuel. Joke vote or not? I think you were serious there. Like the Trekkie said, why bother removing your vote before he gets his shot at defending himself?

##Vote: Captain Planet
I hope you have a good excuse against the Trekkie. Smearing? I've been going over the Trekkie's posts, and nothing particular related to that comes up.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 09:32:43 PM »
Things have grown a little more complicated since I last spoke, it seems. I wish I'd been allowed to bring my trusty companion Thursday with me, but there wasn't enough room in the ship for him. The room seems a little quieter without his BEEP BEEP BLIP BEEPing...

Maybe it's because I don't posess the IQ of my sidekick Jennifer, but I understood Manuel's intention with ease. What concerned me was that it was the third vote on Axel, and the closest we had come to a proper wagon - claiming now that it was a jokevote is making me somewhat uncertain. The argument between Saber and Kirk feels a little artificial and unnecessary, especially on the part of Mr. Kirk. For now, though, other suspects have emerged so I will hold back here until the bat in question contributes more. I remember the Overlord telling me once I spoke fluent Moron, so that may be it...

The large blue man with the green hair is also quick to turn suspicion into outright accusation. I'll be watching with a careful eye when he gives a proper explanation.

This Middleman's reasoning for retaining from a vote is fishier than a fresh salmon. If he suspects the players who are speaking, he should throw a vote in that direction. If he suspects those who lurk in the shadows, drop a vote in that area. Performing no vote means that no pressure is placed on anyone, and on Day 1 we should be giving it our all from the get-go.

Here, let a true hero demonstrate for you!

##GORDON UNVOTE!: The Comedian
GORDON VOTE!: The Middleman

As iffy as his action on the case may be, though, I can second his opinion in terms of inactivity. Real heroes face their foes in the open, not cowering in the background!