Author Topic: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [World is Saved]  (Read 58482 times)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: VALIANT HERO Mafia! [Day One]
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
I shall ask this again, in case you skipped over the previous words: Smax, why do you ignore me!?

Geez, I could hardly ignore you when you're so damn loud. Now, partly, I can only say here what I said before: if Gordon didn't notice the three votes on Planet, well, neither did I, and it's hard to hold against someone something I can too easily see as a mistake since I overlooked the same detail, and hey, let's face it--I have some experience in having a little mistake get blown out of proportion. Kirk/Bats discussion, anyone? So I'm just not inclined to read this in as serious a light as you do. Gordon's also been active in keeping track of claims against him and responding, which counts for something. Bottom line, his behavior doesn't strike me as off in the same way as Prinny and he's not something I'm really worrying about today.

Doesn't look like anything's happening with Planet, so I guess I'll have to deal with him tomorrow. This leaves me split between Middleman and Prinny. Prinny case is looking alright--quote-box abuse to pad posts out, jumping someone else's train, not much original material--and it'd be good to know if there was really anything significant about that pileup on Flay. I don't like just pulling off Middleman without any further input from him, though, just 'cause of the message that sends: keep quiet long enough and people will talk about something else. It doesn't sit right with me to just let him slide. I don't want to see us inching towards deadline on a tied vote, though--if we run out of time and we're still at five-to-five for votes, either of the suspects could vote for the other and just claim it was for survival. So...

Hell. Okay, here goes:

##UNVOTE: Middleman
##VOTE: Prinny

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2010, 08:29:06 PM »
Flay: Yes.  Problem?  I didn't vote Middleman but someone else (Gordon) because everyone else was on Middleman!  I don't like narrowing town's choice down to only one person and rather look at other suspicious people, too.  It's not a defence, it's re-affirming my position.  Where others turn a blind eye, it's a hero's task to jump into the fight, ready to guard his beliefs!

I don't think I misunderstand you, Flay, so let me ask you to be certain: do you agree with Gordon that my vote should have gone to Middleman?  Do you stand behind him in that sentiment, that rather than vote on him Saber and my votes should have gone to the Middleman crowd?

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
And to my knowledge, I was the first to pursue Gordon's case!

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »
WHOA! Why is everyone suddenly going after me, dood?

First of all, dood, I don't really see the problem in bandwagoning with good reason. Most of the votes on middleman had intention of getting him to talk, doods! When that Flay dood voted, all he did was apologize for the case on Kirk, and gave one reason for the vote on middleman. The same reason everyone else did before him, too, dood.

...but I guess everyone else on the same wagon could be accused of that, dood. Of that though, dood, only the rabbit and Flay were the ones who didn't talk about anybody else yet.

Also, why that middledood getting off the hook now? His last post was just a vote made on Hazel doing that same thing as your and Hazel's vote for him. There's way too much hypocracy going around to pin this all on me, dood. whoa, dood. That felt good saying something like that out loud for once!

I guess since I read that rabbit's posting again, it really is just one reason covered in flavor, dood. I Should know better than to use the amount of words as a gauge for content, huh doods? Especially since Demons are always lying. Always, dood. I think lynching middleman or the rabbit would be a much better choice than me, doods!

I also don't like the look of Hiro's vote change, dood. How much time did you think we had when you made it? And did you really vote someone because you wanted to ask them about a case they made, dood? Is that really worth a vote?
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »

I have just arrived in time to witness the end of this battle!

Quite frankly, what divides these lynches is quite slim; in my view both culprits have inaction as their predominant guilt. The details differ but the result is essentially the same, making any choice quite difficult. It may be that I am accused of forcing a dichotomy, but honestly, it is quite late in the day and I do not wish to pursue Flay.

I would prefer, at this stage, to vote for the Middleman rather than the Prinny. I cannot say this is based on any particular item they have brought forth; perhaps it is more my warriors instinct, particularly given that everyone who left the Middleman case has sought to join the Prinny case. The uniformity is somewhat astounding.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Middleman

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2010, 08:56:12 PM »
I also don't like the look of Hiro's vote change, dood. How much time did you think we had when you made it? And did you really vote someone because you wanted to ask them about a case they made, dood? Is that really worth a vote?

Y'know, I went back and took a good look at Hiro's post on account of this, and something stood out more this time:

in point of fact middleman has done much the same - many words, light substance - but in examination a few of the points on middleman seem... off, leaning me away from him.

Hoping Hiro can explain what seems "off" if he's still around. We've got a close race here, and if there's something the rest of us might not have noticed, now's the time to share it.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2010, 09:04:05 PM »
Yes and no. Looking back on it, it feels as though Saber did place a vote on someone they seemed to be less suspicious of, while you seemed pretty justified in your vote. You seemed to suspect both of them about as much, and it was a matter of vote count that stayed your hand from Middleman (if I'm not reading that incorrectly) and instead guided it toward Gordon, yes?

My apologies, friend! I seem to have confused your name with Axel at one point, as I had thought you had another post between your vote on him and the one I commented on. I retract my earlier suspicions, and promise to continue my training!

Penguin, can you not see the Blinding Light of Justice!? Or are you too caught up in the Darkness of Hypocrisy? You have used train hopping multiple times as an argument against others, and now you say that it is excusable!? You also cast suspicion upon multiple others, with little to no case, and leave your vote on me when you clearly have other suspicions! Now stop your lies, and face justice by a TRUE HERO'S HANDS!

RAAAAAAAAAAH!!

-----------------------------
Miss Saber, why do you allow this pursuit of justice to come down to whomsoever places their vote first? If the Middleman is not around at the time of a tie, then the penguin will be able to save himself through the simple casting of a ballot!

I would also like to hear what our friend Hiro has to say on the matter, but from the sounds of it, more urgent matters came to his attention. Hopefully he is able to elaborate before the day ends--and in time for something to come of it, should a revelation be had!

Margaret Houlihan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2010, 09:14:40 PM »
What in the blazes?  People are following Batmanuel's cases? 

I mean!  People are following Batmanuel's cases!  Yes.  Uh... okay!  Batmanuel is surprised.  He does not really support a Middleman lynch today and would still prefer Flay to Prinny, but sometimes we cannot have what we want.  Especially on day 1.  Hmm.  Batmanuel suggests if the candidates are here and have any useful claims to make that they should; he is preparado to vote Prinny, not through any particular fault of Prinny's but by looking at the vote patterns and thinking Minuteman is likely town...

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
At the time, it was a matter of who was pressured and who was not, yep!  Gordon took precedence in that there is content but it seems off!  I agree the Middleman looks really really bad and his recent lack of defence is damning!

By my count, we have at least one hour and forty minutes until the deadline!  I will be around at that time!

##UNVOTE: Gordon

Narrowed between Prinny and Middleman, one has at least tried to defend themselves!  As more heroic real heroes have said before me, villains lurk in the dark of night!  And there is only one of the two lurking right now!

##VOTE: Middleman

Inaction and indecision are town's bane.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:29 PM »
I'll be around for deadline as well. Middleman's continued absence means I'm keeping my vote here for now, but rest assured I'll be present at the strike of midnight!

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2010, 09:40:26 PM »
And now things are tied again. Dammit, I don't want to see the deciding vote wind up in the hands of the suspects here.

Bats, want to explain what exactly you noticed in the vote record?

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
he is preparado to vote Prinny, not through any particular fault of Prinny's but by looking at the vote patterns and thinking Minuteman is likely town...

If you believe one side to be more town than the other, then now is the time for a vote! Do you see anybody else (aside from the accursed penguin) holding back their vote!? No! So show yourself to be a hero, and vote!

Although I am curious as to why you still suspect me...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
Current Votes:
Axel [-] - Comedian, Almaz, Batmanuel, Saber
Hazel [1] - Smax, Hiro, Middleman
Kirk [-] - Planet, Saber, Axel, Batmanuel, Flay
Planet [-] - Tick, Kirk, Prinny, Smax, Comedian, Hilda
Hiro [-] - Saber
Saber [-] - Hilda, Hiro
Prinny [6] - Flay, Flay, Tick, Axel, Hilda, Hiro, Smax
Smax [-] - Hazel, Almaz
Comedian [-] - Gordon
Almaz [-] - Hiro, Axel
Batmanuel [-] - Middleman, Kirk, Smax, Prinny
Middleman [6] - Kirk, Axel, Gordon, Hazel, Smax, Flay, Hiro, Comedian, Saber, Almaz
Flay [3] - Hilda, Batmanuel, Planet, Prinny
Gordon [-] - Almaz, Saber

2 hours remain. With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
(Accursed) Penguin, Comedian, Hazel, Middleman! The day draws to a close! Have you nothing to say!?

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »
I'm also curious how Middleman and Prinny's vote patterns tie into this for Batmanuel.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Six and six, and two hours to deadline. Man, why is the end of day one always like this?

I guess Middleman showing up and saying something stupid could pull me back on him, but Prinny's defense there is bad. Really really bad. I'm a little worried that Almaz here seems to think that was good enough. I'm not really down with the idea of "any defense is better then no defense" that he's using. Especially when Prinny's defense basically consists of "Bandwagoning is okay, dood! Just ignore that I was using that as a reason to vote for Flay earlier, dood!"

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »
...Kirk, Captain Planet. You two also need to appear! This a gathering of HEROES, not cowards!

What have you all to say?

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »
back, give me a moment, smax. augh waugh spent too much time on mafia this morning and not enough time working

iow: compiling post, will be up in 20 min at most

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »
what bothers me about the middleman train: (standard disclaimer blah blah i find middleman suspicious but the train bothers me blah blah)

<stuffitypedthreehrsago>
Hazel post here as i've said before is simply jumping onto the train - little is truly said to justify the vote even beyond the RP ("You're not voting! That's silly!") and while I think that the basic reason Hazel possessed makes some sense, it's the padding + no new data (Axel, Gordon and Kirk said the same as Hazel, Kirk was first there, Axel and Gordon didn't add anything to that case but did provide commentary on other happenings). iow it seems simply a tacked-on vote to speed along the process.

Flay's initial two serious bandwagon-hop posts, the second being on Middleman. won't bother linking, not enough of substance there frankly. later posts have had more to process which lessens my worry toward Flay but not my suspicion of the Middleman bandwagon.

Comedian post here in retrospect also bothers me. "not much pression" (sic)? six votes before Comedian's own, and he's worried about pressure and the Flay train (which, mind, got to 4 at its peak around that time). this one. this really rubs me wrong, in retrospective. as a result i find myself slightly more comfortable with the prinny lynch.
</stuff>

the fact that saber's vote only lands on middleman now is also curious, though the breakdown on it, i can get. mmm. odd that weight shifts away from the prinny now, though, and by the two in the gordon voting group. something worth noting.

to the prinny: votes carry pressure, and if such pressure is not acted on, it will be noted and more can be brought to bear. and in truth my suspicion still lies on that gordon-voting group, but for now my hand is forced away. and yes, flay did bandwagon hopping, which i suspect will not be forgotten (i'd hope not, that looked really bloody strange).

Seconding Flay: noticed in reread Kirk's absence and CP's prolonged absence. too many people I'd support lynching at this point. not good.

looking over CP before end of day, but there's the breakdown of why i'm on the prinny. in retrospect, little new content, though Comedian's awkward post is something that hasn't been fully discussed yet afaik/can recall.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »
No change to votes from last update!

Just under 1 hour remains. With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.

Chiaki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »
(Stepping out of character entirely for now, M'afraid. I genuinely believed I'd have the time to devote to this game- I think clinching my own bandwagon at this point actually provides more info for Town than me limping on another day.
##Unvote Hazel
##Vote The Middle Man

Good luck, go town!)

Tohsaka Rin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:13 PM »
Hiro: I put out a call for thoughts on Comedian somewhere 'bout the middle of page four, got nothing in response. Guess that's something that'll have to wait for tomorrow since we're bearing down on deadline here.

...Well, look at that. I...guess it settles the tied vote. Not really the way I expected or wanted.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2010, 11:26:29 PM »
...ngsdfgalfkg

augh. middleman. please. if you are town, realize that the chance of killing scum should take priority over info learned by lynching you (this comes from the person who harps on and on about "information", mind). killing yourself, if you are town, does not aid town. yes, voting for prinny would maintain the confusion over your own actions, but if you have the chance to kill someone that has arguments to be scum, TAKE IT.

yes, you're concerned about time commitment, but if you really are town you owe it to the rest of us to try for scum instead of hammering nails in town. is this logic clear?

i don't know if this will convince but i hope it does.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
smax: yes, and i apologize for the delayed response there. been rather busy myself and i decided to belay on that until later. on initial read i simply pegged him as a lurker, but after reading the post in more detail i realized it seemed off.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
30 minutes remaining!