imageRegister

Author Topic: Cthulu Mafia - TOWN (drunk) WIN, MADNESS SOMEWHAT AVERTED  (Read 81610 times)

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulu Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »
((OOC:  More clarification:  There's also a difference between a healthy suspicion of joke votes and blowing one so out of proportion that we may have wasted an entire day because of the bickering generated by one.))
* Jack Daniels collapses onto a stool, grabbin' for a table to keep hisself upright.  In the process, he knocks over his almost-empty whiskey jug, but it's so empty that fortunately none of it pours out.

He picks up the jug and waves it at Pietro. "Hooo-ey.  Damn, what the hell ya'll put in this shit? 'Sallmost enough to make me forget you ain't said shit either.  An' the last vote you made was well after the fire was to Callahan's feet.  If I thought I might get enough out of you before sundown to do some reckonin'... all's I'll say is, start diggin' a trench."

"As I was pontificatin', I ain't so assured o' yer guilt now, to be honest.  I think yer guilty, shit, but this all being chalked up to a series o' misunderstandins could make a lotta sense t'me, an' may be pretty possible.  But I reckon that's a bit too convenient. So I ain't a hunner percent no more, is the point.  If'n this had got dealt with sooner I reckon I'da gotten a closer look at HellSpade an' Moses, since they seem to be the other... w'as the French fer it?  Soup doo-jew?"

"So Moses seems to be the one comin' under fire from the most people, Tyrone aside.  An' aside from the two votin' for him fer bein' too willin' to provide onna 'em ah-li-byes, we got Hellsnek and Seamus.  As fer what he's been sayin'... t's not a lot.  Calls on people to vote, and arguin' with Callahan and Hellsnake.  Ain't scoutin' as well as I had thought--buncha quiet people slippin' under the radar.  T'ain't tellin', I just reckon I need to give the ol' feller less credit than I tend t'.  Most worryin' thing I see here is accusin' Helsinki of not havin' a vote when he did, an' frankly I don't know what t'make o' it.

"Hellspade, nah. Frankly I find not having a vote down at all more sespicius n' havin' a vote of passion, but that don't tell me much.  Specially since Moses callin' him out on not havin' one after he had made like a good American chafes me all the more.  But the defense of 'I admit yer right but there t'wern't a way to do it in character' don't hold much neither.  Mostly stirrin' up shit wit' Moses and Seamu--"

"HEY, SEAMUS.  Buy me a drink?"  The drunkard's pontificating kinda trails off since it won't matter too much til the morrow.

((OOC: Ugh where did the last 3 hours go?  I need sleep, and while ShameyExcal's the next player's posts I have to go through to get a read on the day I can't help but think that can be put off for right now.  Might help me shed some light on my opinion of David Hellspade, though.

I'll be at work when the deadline hits, but I'll check back tomorrow to see if there's anything incriminating/revealing enough to get me to hop on one of the Hellsnake/Moses bandwagons before I do.))

Ninja'd. 

Okay we're at hammertime people.  We still got... 10? some hours though and I'd like to see if Tyrone has any shocking revelation that will get the zeitgeist to shift before the end of the day.  But, y'know.  Up to you folks.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2010, 08:24:51 AM »
Callahan's botherin me with his outcry of "Fine, kill me, see if I care!" I ain't never seen an innocent man say this

I guess you ain't never played much Mafia football before then cause I seen this happen like once every game or two when a rookie gets trained on! >_>  Not really a point in his defense but I don't think it's a point against him either.

Buuut it looks like he ain't around to claim anything so... yeah.  Not much else to be sayin.  Guess I've gotta get myself to bed on time now.  Dunno if I'll be around for deadline but will try.  I ain't a huge fan of takin down Mr. Callahan but I ain't got anything that's gonna dissuade it either and I guess he's a better suspect than the other big trains.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2010, 08:25:42 AM »
Jus' a quick wor' 'ere I get out tos t' 'orses; I hav'nae t' time f'r a real closelike look a' wha' folks'a bin sayin', 'spec'ly since another'n pops up every time I tries t'open m' mouth, bit I cin make a few tiny... corrections t' those 'as 'as mayhap misun'erst'd me.

Greaves tells us Callahan 'ain' in no mort'l peril. Now tha' be truth, but only on account of my own name's not'n 'is lis'. Dear ol' Callahan 'isself shows we 'ave some folks'ere 'as don' quite unnerstan' our peculiar Marbury ways. Now I's got's t' admit, t'sun's lower in 't sky'n I rem'mb'r'd, but I stills thinks 'ere shoul' b' mor'n one name 'twixt him'n almighty f'ra few hours yet, an I'll be back 'ere sundown t' look again, don' ye fret.

((Handley: I though I was clear enough, so I'd better go OOC: when I said O'Malley hadn't got any better, he hadn't posted at all since my last (he has now), and my original reason for voting him (that his attack on Hellsnake was wrong) stood))

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »
((Don't have any time for flavor right now, or even much content, literally running out the door in about 30 seconds. Hopefully will in an hour. Just reiterating the truth of what I said earlier: I don't have any real information. My role just makes me out to be the town bulletproof; can't prove that I'm not a mafia bulletproof (vig immune) with the information given in my PM. Sounds like other PMs were much more informative; maybe that's part of why I've been so distrustful of Moses' usage of his PM -- gotta run

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
"And Callahan gives up? And tells us all that we're being fooled by an old man telling a story that's pretty irrelevant compared to the murder that's just happened here? Well, I think I'm satisfied with keeping my vote where it is."

Quote from: Hargreaves
Greaves tells us Callahan 'ain' in no mort'l peril. Now tha' be truth, but only on account of my own name's not'n 'is lis'.
"But you said earlier that you thought the case on Callahan was 'not enough to say he was a murderer'. Though admittedly you said it with a much heavier accent, but that's besides the point. The point is, why have you changed from that point of view to 'the only reason Callahan isn't in danger is because I haven't voted him'?"

((Besides that, I doubt anyone is going to pull out an early hammer.))

((Dim-Sham'd by a last minute BP claim from Callahan. Not convinced, not sure what he means by 'no information' either. The whole 'I can't prove I'm not scum BP because of my lack of info' is trying too hard to press the point, though - when did Bike claim he could prove himself Town with his info? Vote stands.))

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
Bulletproof huh? Like wearing a vest, I see...well if yer tellin' the truth, then that aint gonna help us out 'cos they'll just shoot the rest of us instead. And if you're a liar, then you're a murderer. Either way, you aint much use to us right now 'cos that just puts the rest of us in danger. I'm happy with leavin' my vote where it is.

I'm a simple man of few words Seamus, 'tis a shame you do not like me. I don't like to go on and on like some of these other folks with their tall stories, but it would seem you've taken offence to my verbal efficiency. What would you like me to talk about? I've talked about where my vote is an' why, but if that aint enough for you then tell me how you'd like me to help you. That's my job in this town, getting people what they want.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »
One, the theatrics.  You done a good job of lookin' all fed up 'n shit,  but a bottle that's empty o' whiskey does nothin' but get my hopes up and dash 'em when I find out.  Gettin' all worked up about being in the crosshair's can come from frustration or from falsehood, an' as far's I'm concerned it don't help you none either way.
"Ya'll fin' out enough t'dash yer hopes in a bit, don't ya worry." ((The flavor text was largely just to drop some hints as to the nature of my being bulletproof, cuz I felt like it.))

Second, I just don't get the way you think, specially's bout Moses.  Don't think I's much for Handley's take on it either.  The ol' man goes into too much detail, which gets'im in yer sights, and then ye just don't let go.  And now we're all fallin' for Moses' trap?  Based off a what?  If'n you'll recall, Moses done addressed your concerns while checkin' around the fiel--
"Oh? Now tha's news. All's I've seen's dodgin', an' accusin' Bill to cover't up."

At the risk of entangling myself with someone I haven't read up on too deeply yet (lolxanth also going for speed now) If you're willing to concede that your suspicion of ME was based off of being ignorant of how long the "joke vote" phase tends to last in DL games, then it strikes me as pretty clear that your suspicion of Moses falls into the same trap.
((The reasons for my minor suspicion of you and my significant suspicion of him are very different, not even accounting for the fact that his accusation came a page later.))

Furthermore, when you get an idea like that in your head, you just won't let go of it--assuming you ARE town, it took quite a bit of convincing to even get you to do 5 minutes of browsing other mafia games to get this notion out of your head.  This stubbornness may not be scummy but it's pretty bad town play.
((I do agree I should've looked them up earlier; I just found it unlikely enough that more than one or two random accusations would be necessary to start serious discussion, in any game, that I didn't think it'd be different here. Still doesn't mean I think Bike's vote was a joke vote nor that I'll forgive the appeal to secret canon, just that it's more plausible his vote was a joke vote.))

"[Callahan] did draw my attention when he tried to piggyback onto my first sale of the day, when he clearly didn't in any solid sense upon looking at the official court records. I would still say that what happened between Moses and I was a matter of trust, in which I did not trust the man. Tyrone is attributing Moses' behavior during the day in a much more sinister light than that even, and it doesn't quite pass inspection, maybe even voids the warranty. It's stubborn and argumentative through and through. While Chad might just be right in that it may not help town either way, there isn't much in the way that does that has support at this point.
((I noticed the core of your argument well before you did, as I've already said; I was just in less of a position to be able to argue it since it might've seemed hypocritical coming from me (after what seemed like an asspull earlier), so I was hoping someone else would pick up on it and continue from there. And you did. Wasn't after-the-fact piggybacking, more like premeditated.))

Bulletproof huh? Like wearing a vest, I see...well if yer tellin' the truth, then that aint gonna help us out 'cos they'll just shoot the rest of us instead. And if you're a liar, then you're a murderer. Either way, you aint much use to us right now 'cos that just puts the rest of us in danger. I'm happy with leavin' my vote where it is.
((Yeah, being bulletproof is an advantage for the town when scum _doesn't_ know about it and wastes a night trying to kill the man. Now that I've announced it, it's no help.))

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
Ain' bin no changin', mist'r Greaves. If I'd' voted for Callahan back 'en[1], 'e'd'v been in more peril than' I's comf't'ble with. (Tha's all I were meanin' t'say, an' I 'prec'ate I was'nae 's conc'se as I'd likes t' bees. I fear ye may've took m' fer sayin' there was too many votes already). So's when you's says 'e's not'n mort'l peril, 'e would've bin 'ad I put my own vote on 'is lis'.

[1]I were considerin' votin' Ty, an' still am: be no's mistakin': t' case wasnae an' ain' 'nuff 't'say 'e's surely a murd'rer more'n a fool, but mayhap 't's 't bes' we's got. I'd cert'n'ly see 'im 'ang afore ol' Bike, an' truth be tol' tha's lookin' like t' choice we 'as, t'is late in 't day. I coul' say more when't comes t' O'Malley, but I don' see i' doin' much good, an' 'tis work t'be done.

No, ret'inkin' tat, folks wan' t'know what I's after'im fer, whether they's followin' me 'r no.

((OOC since the whole point here is clarity: as I said back in my second post, Hellsnake made to my eyes the first real insight of the day. So "that's a pretty lot o' words fer precious little gain." seemed rather unfair. I'm talking here about what Hellsnake said about Ty, rather than what he said about Chad, so that he gave little reason for going after Chad is beside the point. O'Malley's second post, I didn't see a lot of sense in; "I understand that ye think yer a fine upstanding member of the establishment fer deigning to take note that these two gents are not on the best of terms." is not what I was getting at all, I didn't see the focus on Ty/Bike to the exclusion of all else (surely the fact that we're talking about what Hellsnake's said about Chad is proof that wasn't happening), and the end, "And tae make matters worse, ye also demand they do so with details that be more the province of the good constable, with the specifics of time and place.", seems to just be attacking for flavour. Which to me was all the "meaningless" phrase O'Malley's third post attacks is, and for a post as early in the game as Hellsnake's quoted post, there's nothing wrong with a little meaningless flavour.))

Hadley, unh'ppy as I'd bes t' b' voted on, I likes wha' you's don' thar e'en les'. Looks like you's bes hedgin' like on'f 'em fancy New Yorkee trad'rs, wait'n t'see whether you wants t'be ser'us orn't. Shoul' we be's seein' tha' 'as a good ol' 'merc'n vote 'ginst me an' Snakey, or no?

((And I've already spent far longer than I should; I think/hope that's everything that needed saying. Will be around briefly before deadline, and willing to hammer given the unlikeliness of an O'Malley train at this stage. Two ninjas unread))

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »
So's when you's says 'e's not'n mort'l peril, 'e would've bin 'ad I put my own vote on 'is lis'.
"In which case I'd have been reluctant to put Callahan at the brink of death so early anyway, so what's the point of this statement beyond trying to claim some ownership on the Callahan case? Sorry if I'm just misreading you, I'm not used to all these weird dialects you Marbury folk seem to have."

((If I'm needing to sit down for a few minutes to decode what Hargreaves is actually saying, am I doing it wrong?))

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Doll Quintet Season
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2010, 04:37:36 PM »
Right, right guys. Here'n I am. No, I wasn't dropping off to sleep there, just closin' my eyes in concentration.

Maybe it's the generation gap, but I'm thinkin' I'm never gonna understood anything Tyrone goes on about. Latest noodles bein' this thing about me not actually voting for his craziness. Well surprise, son, everyone and their duck knows I spearheaded the case on you even without being direct on it. If'n you think back a bit you'd even see that me voting for you would have been the easy way out for me - it'd've put me further from the gallows rather'n pushin' this less popular case on the Hellsquid. But then I guess from your point of view it was all part of my plan that you'd go even more crazy like and draw more of the ole voting fingers your way.

Speakin' of not understanding folk, Samuel here's the only one I'm having a hard time with. Keep on catching myself just drifting over his posts without decoding them.

And let's not be forgetting the Hellbadger, as sure as stone as Tyrone's death may be.

...which I will do momentarily. Hullo there Mr. Greaves, with your timing on Samuel I feel I should register my agreement now.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Watchtower Oboe Sister
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
Oh, and we're not so close to sundown as I thought we were, so I don't need to be rushin' myself. I blame this new-fangled daylight savings malarckey.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
Sun's gettin' mighty low in the sky.  Nuthin' more useful's gettin' said today, I reckon.  I'd not like to make th' day a total waste, so shit, may'swell hammer and be done with it.

((OOC:  Honestly, I don't have a problem readin'---gah---reading anybody other than Hargreaves, myself.  This may be because I don't have to decipher my own Marbury Codetalk.))

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2010, 05:00:26 PM »
((I _did_ say to get on with the lynching, yes. Y'all might as well take the rest of IRL-today to think over the real suspects.))

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Apple Picking Beam
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
Hellferret, you still don't seem to understand why I'm flagging you down, so let me give you a little lecture in the theory round these parts.

Yapping on about who you don't like without troubling yourself to make a choice may sound cautious or summin, but it be a mighty fine ploy for the guilty. Toss out some lines, hang back and see what sticks before following that all clean like, you see? Especially when you were gesturin' over not bein' able to pick between the two opposites who were a fine bet for emerging trains. It's like jumpin' from one wagon to another without the shame of actually jumpin', if'n you see there. 'N if'n you don't like the bites on any of those lines, you still haven't left as much of a trail to follow when you look for finer waters. Lyin' in wait like that and yappin' on right from the get go is what got me all worried like in the first place. I'm sure the innocent can bumble their way into this position by accident, but it's a guilty twitch nonetheless, and better'n most to vote for so early on.

Worse still when you throw out another line and back up yer 'wait and see' position by waiting and seeing some more. Even worse that you didn't even say why you were suspicious of young Chad when you cast that line, just a little bit earlier on cloaked in action (role play). It was at that point that you overstepped the grace I'd given you fer bein' new in town 'n all, which is why I moved my voting finger at that point in all my talkin'.

Now, you complain that you have reason to have screwed up hearin' me, but you say I should be listenin' to you more closely? Boy, you can't be having your fish both ways.

Why is this old man cynical about you votin' for Seamus when he was pointing at you most strongly at the time? Well boy, want to look at the situation now? I point at you more strongly and suddenly yer pointin' my way instead? Funny that. Remind me why yer pointin' at me in the first place? Reeling in that line you left at the start of the day, mayhaps? Because otherwise you've got that 'gotcha' argument that you done gone and stuffed up, and instead of apologisin' for a simple mistake and movin' on with life, you blame it on me that you couldn't hear me right, and keep on voting me for... what? For talking about things in chronological order? Callin' it weak is the understatement of the week, to be true.

Also, let's go back to those lines you tossed out early. One of them was Tyrone, remember? Funny how he's silently slipped out of reach for no reason you've mentioned. See, this is precisely another reason why tossing out all these lines and seeing what bites is a guilty gambit - it lets someone discard unwanted lines just as easily. Easiest guilty ploy here would be if Tyrone here is crazy but not guilty, in which case you could neatly wash your hands of any doin' with his lynching. Yeah, harder to see the two of you chanting together, else I'd have at least expected you to jump on the wagon before now.

(to cover one potential response before it hits, there was one mention of Tyrone between him being the top of Hellanemone's list and suddenly disappearing by his latest speech, and that was here. But if that cloth cuts Tyrone clear from him then so it does for me. Not to mention no reaction on Tyrone's insanity at all)

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Dandy White Undine
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
No one else with anything to say?

I sure ain't opposed to bein' the one bringing down the hammer just before sunset hits.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. Unfortunately, forum ate my Hellsnake post. And I have, literally, no time.

I'm just gonna go through my points as quick as possible.

1. There were much better moves I could've VERY easily made than completely ignoring the ruckus that was going on at the time. Namely, the 'second vote on someone' thing.

2. I'm feeling majourly 'gotcha'd here, as the sensible thing to do would've been to tell me, at the time, that there was something to gain from using votes even while suspicious of more than one person. I even said at one point I thought there was nothing to gain.

<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Free Crane Pasture
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
My arm hurts from all this pointing, but here it goes.

##Unvote: Hellbee
##Vote: Tyrone Callahan

Oh, Helllion. Misuse of 'gotcha' for sure (actually, I think I've misused it as well), but hey. Can't check right now with the day ending right now, but pretty sure I did tell you at the time and thereafter that you really should have been voting and doing what you were doing was guilty twitches. You just weren't picking up on it, hence the full explanation.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:50 PM »
And that would be Hammer. Stop talking, please~
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
Sheriff Hutchinson cleared his throat.  "Well then.  If we can have a show of hands...." 

William Hellsnake [ 0]: Ethan Hayles, Ty Callahan (Eternal Lurker), Chad Hutchins, Seamus O'Malley (Excal), Moses Bike, Kyle Handley (Hunter Sopko)
Nikolai Kolmogorov [ 0]: Sam Hargreaves
Kyle Handley (Hunter Sopko) [2]: Jack Daniels, Chad Hutchins, Ronald Dale (Bardiche)
Seamus O'Malley (Excal) [1]: Bill Hellsnake, Pietro, Bill Hellsnake, Sam Hargreaves
Pietro [1]: Ronald Dale (Bardiche), Seamus O'Malley (Excal)
Ronald Dale (Bardiche) [ 0]: Peyton Hadley, Ethan Hayles
Ty Callahan (Eternal Lurker) [8]: Peyton Hadley, Moses Bike, Jack Daniels, Martin Andrews, Pietro, Nikolai Kolmogorov, Nathan Greaves, Ethan Hayles, Moses Bike
Peyton Hadley [ 0]: Nathan Greaves
Moses Bike [2]: Ty Callahan (Eternal Lurker), Seamus O'Malley (Excal), Kyle Handley (Hunter Sopko), Bill Hellsnake
Chad Hutchins [ 0]: Nathan Greaves
Samuel Hargreaves [ 0]: Kyle Handley (Hunter Sopko)

No vote placed: Kyle Handley (Hunter Sopko)

---

"Well, the lodge of the Order of Unseen Wisdom is some darn rugged territory, but lordy knows it's not uncrossable.  Horses are actually a pretty good way to get there," noted farmer Hayles.

"And we never see you around at night, anyway!  What have you been up to?"  Jeb Cress, proprietor of Rosie's, knew the night habits of the townfolk pretty well.

"Always struttin' by himself, never joining any of our good organizations.  Something positively anti-social about that."  The widow Avil was a firm believer in the power of civic organizations.

"You were just jealous of Mr. Hutchins, weren't you!" shouted the shopkeeper Andrews.

"And nothing out of his mouth has made a damn lick of sense.  Christ."  Jack Daniels could be a persuasive force when the conditions were right, it seemed.

"You've got it all wrong!  This is the problem with humankind," the stablemaster growled.  "Shoulda stayed in the mountains last night, I see."  He paused, seeming to consider his options.  "I'll go quietly.  I could make you pay, but I think you're all idiots, not evil.  Let's just get this over with."  The journalist, Nathan Greaves, stood in the back, taking notes on this town's unusually speedy justice system furiously.

Sherrif Hutchison stood up.  "Someone fetch Dr. Gottlieb from the Sanitarium, and Reverend Jones from Paugus Mill.  Can't have an execution without a priest & a doctor.  It's a shame you don't work with humans, Dr. Hargreaves.  I bet your fee would be less than that quack Gottlieb."  As people began to leave the room, Callahan's head dipped, eyes softly closed as he clutched his leather belt and began mumbling unintelligibly.

---

"Any last words?  Last requests?"  Rev. Jones spoke in his usual monotone.

His muttered... curse?  prayer? finally ceasing, Callahan stood with the rope around his neck.  "Yah.  Cremate my body.  Clothes 'n' possessions, 'specially.  Family tradition 'n' all that."

And there was the usual thud as the latch released, and a sickening crack as Tyrone's neck was broken.

---

"Ja, ja, ist tot.  He's dead, dead, dead!  No problems sir, no problems at all.  I'll be collecting my fee now."  Dr. Gottlieb stepped back from the body.

"Well.  Guess there ain't no reason to deny his request for a cremation."  Sheriff Hutchins put his hands at his hips.  "I'm a practical man.  No need to drag this body all around.  Let's just move it a bit over and burn it on the spot."

Young deputy Webster moved to pick up the body, then pulled back suddenly, with a puzzled look on his face.  He moved closer in to Tyrone's body again, picking up the clothes and taking a closer look at them...  before shrieking hideously.  "No, we'll burn the body here!  NOW!  Give me that!"  Webster took the match pack, lit the entire set on fire, then tossed it onto the body, before scrambling to find more accelerants to toss on the body.

"What...  what?!  What got into that boy!  He might damage the gallows!"  Hutchison had a confused look on his face, before quickly trying to pull the body at least somewhat to the side himself.  As it happened, any kindling or gasoline didn't seem to be needed...  the body caught fire quite impressively, burning with a strange glow.  And kept burning.  For far longer than it should have taken, with a strange flickering light.

Webster just sat to the side, shaking his head.    "That belt...  that belt wasn't no leather.  No sir.  Leather ain't warm to the touch...  it ain't alive."

"Pietro, I need some of your health tonic.  Now."

Tyrone Callahan, Town Bulletproof Shadow, has been lynched!  (Immune to normal nightkills.  Immune to trackers and watchers; trackers and watchers who attempt are informed subject is immune to them.)

----

I have received a request for an all-flavor night post.  So that there isn't alarm in the thread when it happens, this is approved.  The general prohibition remains, though; if you'd like to join in clear it with me first.

It is now Night 1.  You have 24 hours, but due to my work schedule, more like ~28 hours to get your night actions in.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulu Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »
Callahan Goes Up In Smoke
A Special Guest Article By Nathan Greaves

This morning's investigation into the murder of Jon Hutchins has taken a new turn for the disturbing, as the citizens of Marbury made their first public accusation.

Tyrone Callahan, the town's stablemaster, was declared the prime suspect in the crime only hours after Hutchins' body was found in the Order of Unseen Wisdom's lodge this morning. After initially arguing his innocence, Callahan submitted himself to the authorities and accepted his sentencing.

His lynching was quick and clean, overseen by Sheriff Hutchins and Paugus Mill's Reverend Jones. As per the deceased's request, the body was cremated in full after the hanging, but it was here that Callahan left Marbury with his final mystery - when the body was to be taken down from the gallows, Deputy Sheriff Webster reported that even after death the dead man's clothes felt warm enough to be alive in themselves. In panic, Webster immediately lit the body on fire, and Callahan's corpse reacted with a flame far more intense than a human should physically be able to produce.

The reasons for this incredible immolation are as yet unknown, though bystanders report hearing ominous murmurs from Callahan before his execution. His last declaration of his accusations being 'the problem with humankind' has led some to suggest that Callahan wasn't even human at all. Of course, the Sheriff has vehemently denied these claims and promised that the identity of Hutchins' killer will come to light within the coming days, but the rumours continue to spread across the men and women of Marbury. Only time will tell as to whether these rumours hold any weight...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulu Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »
Leopold Brewster, the richest man in town, stood outside the Callahan stables, his frown making plain his current mood.

"No, no, no.  Perhaps Mr. Callahan wanted to burn his possessions.  But "his" possessions are not his.  Out of good Christian mercy, I loaned Mr. Callahan money to keep this stables operation going, and he died in debt to me.  I'll be collecting full ownership of...  well, everything, to pay off his debts.  I doubt that even contacting his family would be feasible...  they apparently live far up in the mountains near Canada."

Sheriff Hutchison shrugged.  "If he were a true Marbury native I'd never let you get away with this.  But you've a point.  And it sounds like the documents are in order.  I guess these stables are yours."

Brewster turned to Seamus, who was also standing nearby.  "Mr. O'Malley.  I understand you're looking for some jobs.  I honestly don't know how much longer these stables will even be open, as I will probably be closing out the business and selling the horses.  Still, I need somebody to man the shop until then; might as well get some value from these nags.  Is that acceptable to you?"

Seamus nodded.  "I've no plans to stay here for long anyway.  Pay me, and I'll be happy to keep these stables in good order for ya.  It'd be a shame for the rooms Callahan used to go to waste; mind if I sleep there as well, and avoid paying Rosie's for more nights?"  Brewster only nodded in disgust before turning and heading back to his car.

--

Back at Rosie's Country Inn, the suspects gathered to celebrate the conviction of the murderer Callahan.  Still, the thought that maybe that wasn't all there was to it kept nagging them.

Dr. Gottlieb stayed in town, as well.  Chatting with Jeb Cress, proprietor, he commented that "seems we had a patient who never arrived at the Sanitarium.  Idioten.  He should have showed up last week.  I doubt a man would stop by here, but they call them mad for a reason.  This ring any bells to you?"  Gottlieb shoved a piece of paper Cress's way.

Cress looked at the paper, and furrowed his brow.  "Nah, don't recall anyone like this.  I wouldn't worry about, Doc."

Meanwhile, Jack Daniels cleared any doubts to his sobriety raised earlier in the day by ingesting Pietro's famed health tonic liberally.  Hellsnake, who also had a few, suddenly grabbed Farmer Hayles roughly.  "Hey, you know where Aorako is?  I gotta find it."  Ethan eased backward, and shrugged.  "I think you 'ad a few too many.  Or per'aps not enough."

Eventually, much later, the travelers went upstairs to their rooms, and the townsmen returned to their homes.

--

Upon rising the next morning, Sheriff Hutchison decided to gather the whole crew up again.  "Got a few unanswered questions about the Hutchins matter.  Callahan coulda had accomplices.  Just got a bad feeling here."  Luckily, it seemed that all the suspects returned to the meeting in good health.

Nothing happened last night!  (Nothing obvious, at least.)

It is now Day 2.  It ends in 72 hours, at 7:00 PM EST April 24th.  With 14 investigators, it still takes 8 to lynch.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »
3. Don't like getting into the middle of things I don't want/have to. Anyone who's played with me before should know I don't like repeating others, and that this behaviour is absolutely nothing new. But I'm leaning townTy rather than scumTy because his (majour) problems were easily solved once he read other topics. Why would his partners not tell him? Plenty of time for it. Either for bussing purposes, or because he has a bad team behind him. WIFOM terriritory I know.

4. I had been 'called out for OMGUS' before I voted you.

5. Yeah, talking in chronological order is why I've got an issue with you.

All of this is just making me more suspicious of you, actually, Moses. Especially since you yourself admitted to spearheading the Ty case. Barring something revolutionary, tomorrow I'm gonna be voting for either Moses or Seamus, most likely Moses.

Ok, wasn't done, here's the rest of what I had to say. Though, uhh... yeah. Very poorly timed, it would seem. Anyway, yeah. Let's start Day 2 off with some oomph.

##Vote: Moses Bike
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulu Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2010, 12:58:25 AM »
If ye be getting so many calls o' OMGUS, then ye might want to be thinkin' as to why ye attract so many, 'stead o just gettin' angry at them for seein' what they see.

As fer what ye said, Mr. Giovanni, ye're words are a weight upon my mind they are.  For while you did finally say something, t'was simply noting that a Bulletproof that's known to God and all about is the same as a man who nae has such a power, and that ye'd be happy tae wring his neck regardless of if he did the deed or not.  Indeed, ye talked more about how he'd be nae help to us lookin' fer the killers than ye e'er did about why ye thought he was a killer 'imself.

As for what I want o' ye.  I'd like ye to actually help look fer the murderers, rather than trying t' look like ye are, and saying arse all.  Especially when yer contributions so far are not liking the arguments behind 'alf a joke vote, and a man we now know wasn't the killer.

##Vote: Pietro Giovanni

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Rainbow Footnote Nation
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
This has come up just as I was about to head to bed, so role play and detail can wait until tomorrow.

Regarding the night phase, I am aware of having being targeted by one player. I am unaware of any effects of this action, but believe it was probably related to dark secrets. Mentioning immediately should the action be claimed later. Also very vaguely paranoid from the flavour that it might be a delayed kill (lots of talk about depression), but no reason outside pure flavour hints to believe it is.

Also, that paranoia aside, to my knowledge no attempt was made on my life last night, unsurprisingly.

5. Yeah, talking in chronological order is why I've got an issue with you.

##Vote: William Hellsnake

For the previously mentioned reasons rather than this. But this is all just great. It's part of a running theme of not actually having a case on me.

Back in character again come morning. Apologies for being so bad at doing the whole role play thing so far, especially when everyone else has been keeping it up.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2010, 04:10:09 AM »
3. Don't like getting into the middle of things I don't want/have to. Anyone who's played with me before should know I don't like repeating others, and that this behaviour is absolutely nothing new. But I'm leaning townTy rather than scumTy because his (majour) problems were easily solved once he read other topics. Why would his partners not tell him? Plenty of time for it. Either for bussing purposes, or because he has a bad team behind him. WIFOM terriritory I know.

"Well well, now here's an oldie that I thought I'd never see on the market again. You see, William, the reason this particular wine was taken off the market was that there's absolutely no way to tell whether or not you're acting the way you are to play on peoples' expectations, or if you are really innocent, so you can't really call it a legitimate defense when you're just saying 'Trust me, I've done this before.' You're also making some dangerous assumptions about scumplay which aren't too helpful either.

That aside... clear something up for the good audience... what exactly do you mean by "talking in chronological order"? It's not... quite clicking to me, even going back over your posts.

Combined with your standoffish behavior yesterday, I'm fine with..."

##Vote: William Hellsnake