Author Topic: Not Ranked 10-4: Light is too depressing to deserve a subtitle.  (Read 2593 times)

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5)
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5)

Heavy
-----
Katsuya Suou(P2) vs Ninja(FF3)
Ash(PB) vs Snorlax(PKMN)

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2)
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM)

Light
-----
Baku(FF9) vs Seifer Almasy(KH2)
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4)
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Not Ranked 10-4: Light is too depressing to deserve a subtitle.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »
Godlike
-------
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5)- No clue.

Ash(PB) vs Snorlax(PKMN)- Ash could be anywhere from a Godlike to a Middle depending on how DL averages end up, so this is a purely speculative vote.  But Ash was always faster than my PC's by a good margin, and he hit hard. Slow fighters don't really handle him well.

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2)- Flame shield+counter flood more than handle Adell.
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM)- Remember Prism Red being completely worthless in the DL format.

Light isn't worth my time.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:40:56 AM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5)- Would likely need some Boomerang Flash specs, but gut says Persephone.
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5)- Elyon. Anima gets scaled against full party damage to me. Not close!

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2)- Adell. Still 3HKOs average with about 45% average evasion. This probably pushes Geomancer to 5-6 hits to kill Adell given Adell's HP.
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM)- No clue, but...Disgaea boss. Both these two should really be in Light, but Cinnamon's bigger issues is against healers, I guess.

Light
-----
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4)- Igglanova, so thought was put in this besides lol Enil beating out lol Igglanova.
...into the nightfall.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:46 AM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5)- Damage, speed, hp are all in Boomerangs favor.
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5)- This is Yuna Anima right? If its Seymour's then....

Heavy
-----
Katsuya Suou(P2) vs Ninja(FF3)
Ash(PB) vs Snorlax(PKMN)

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2)
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM)

Light
-----
Baku(FF9) vs Seifer Almasy(KH2)- Baku is very lucky he has Cinna fighting him. That makes his average damage a 2HKO I believe.
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4)-  *Unnessary thinking ahead*

Why would She bring out a copy of Igglanova? What would its stats be? (Hp 1 yes but everything else?). I'm against making up stats for every match that Enil is in, even if those things don't get a turn anyway. Besides wouldn't she win anyway because a Xanafalgue kills the Igglanova shadow thus killing the orginal?

I'll take her how she is in-game. Four Shadows right from the start and with her being able to summon one per turn. The question of this match is can Igglanova kill two per turn? His support is helpful yes but I don't remember them being very fast while the shadows are at least average speed. If The shadows can take out both Xans with their turns then Iggy loses. If not he wins.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:21:15 AM »
Heavy
-----
Katsuya Suou(P2) vs Ninja(FF3) - I think Katsuya 2HKOs and Ninja 3HKOs?

Light
-----
Baku(FF9) vs Seifer Almasy(KH2) - Uh.
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4) - Yeah.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:45:22 AM »
Godlike
-------
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5): Barely survives 2 hits. With a doubleturn, that buys him enough time to use Karma Circle.

Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:26 AM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5): See Dhyer, except I know Flash was fast and Persephone's not in her element against fast sluggers, so leaning Boomy slightly if anything? Definitely deserves a closer look. o_O at Boomerang Flash HP hype, though, that is one thing he definitely does not have.
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5): Need to take another look at this.

Middle
------
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM): This is Middle? Anyway, Prism Red is Don Joaquim level, I'm pretty sure. Disgaea boss physicals fail at life until Lamington, and that's all he has. Cinnamon... is at least borderline for the division.

Light
-----
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4): ... oh. I see why the previous match was in Middle, now. Good LORD.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:22:06 AM »
My only question is if Ash can eat through Snorlax's hp/durability before his turn limit is exceeded and he de-confines.

Pyro

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 04:51:13 AM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5)
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5): Elyon vs. huge massive damage.

Remind me why this sounds familiar? Yeah, OHKO.

Heavy
-----
Ash(PB) vs Snorlax(PKMN): Kneejerk. Rest hype could win it I guess, but it doesn't strike me as especially likely.

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2): See Dhyer.
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM): Not touching this yet.

Light
-----
Baku(FF9) vs Seifer Almasy(KH2): Doesn't exist.
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4): What the hell is wrong with you people?

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5): I can buy Persephone biting a Shadow Boomerang Maximum and living long enough to Gatling Gun Boomy to death. Since I give Persephone her game HP (85-95k), she's staying in a good while.

(EDIT: So I find out she had 76k. I still see her lasting...though not nearly as clean a win as before.)

Light
-----
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4): Ick.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:16:42 AM by Orson »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
Boomerang Flash > Persephone. Having even just ONE resist puts Boomerang Shadow Maximum into near overkill territory, if you use his WA:F form. With this kind of damage and speed, he definately puts Persephone away.

Adell > Geomancer. Kneejerk, pretty sure this is right.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 06:58:35 AM »
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4) - A match designed to give Enil a win, eh?  Anyway, since the shadows are her own projections and she starts with them in the actual fight, I'm inclined to let her start with an Iggy shadow.  If the Iggy shadow can one-hit KO each Xanalfague as it's made, eventually the turn order will line up such that she can clone a Xanalfague, and then the shadow XF will slowly kill Iggy.

The question is, can this be done?  If the shadows inherited the attack of the real XF/Iggy, almost certainly not.  Luckily for Enil, apparently her Shadows do basically fixed damage and ignore how high level your characters are.  The bad news is that it's still horrible damage- 600 or so, apparently.  That's not enough to take down the XFs unless their HP is scaled...  and I'm not sure I'd be willing to give them the full 1/3 penalty given the nature of the fight.  Even with the full penalty, it's a darn close thing.

This match is evil.

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 01:10:21 PM »
Godlike
-------
Boomerang Flash(WA) vs Persephone(WA5)- I guess?
Anima(FFX) vs Elyon(BoF5)- I generally consider always-on-the-edge-of-killing-my-party a lot more dangerous than always-on-the-edge-of-killing-my-enemies, and Elyon whipped me to hell and back.

Heavy
-----
Katsuya Suou(P2) vs Ninja(FF3)- Kneejerk.
Ash(PB) vs Snorlax(PKMN)- I...don't think Snorlax survives 3 Ash turns, even with that HP.
Ash.... has really solid 2HKO against most fighters, and he's much faster than SNORLAX. I think he doesn't get a turn? If he does, it'll probably go something like this...
Ash goes initiative turn, whacks another due to massive speed difference, Snorlax uses Rest or dies next turn, then another Ash double,which Snorlax survives, but is still asleep.
Then...Solemn Vow turn.

Middle
------
Geomancer(FFT) vs Adell(Dis2)- Kneejerking as well. Feels right here.
Prism Red(Disgaea) vs Cinnamon(MMXCM)- ....The hell?

Light
-----
Baku(FF9) vs Seifer Almasy(KH2)- HOLY.
Enil(WA4) vs Igglanova(PS4)- *KAHBOOM*