Author Topic: Season 43, Week 4 - Lady grinds another bishie. The audience plays Ritapon.  (Read 6081 times)

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Godlike

Lady (SH3) vs. Indalecio (SO2)
Luis Virgil (XS) vs. Loki (VP)

Heavy

Decus (SO2) vs. Edge Eblan (FF4)
Saki Inugami (SH2) vs. Feena (G1) - Time Gate > End of the World + Dragon Zap + Crackling (or just Crackling x2 or Zap Whip) should be enough to end it. With Healer/Tree of Life and Protection (if DZ wasn't used) as insurance.

Middle

Tear Grants (TotA) vs. Tengaar (Suikos)
Hahn Mahlay (PS4) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)

Light

Viktor (Suikos) vs. Jewel (S4)
Stallion (Suikos) vs. Erk (FE7)
When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Tengaar (100%) ->  Attack  (20%)
Tear (80%)  ->  Holy Song -> Tear (100%), Tear takes...  2% less from physicals.  Whoo-hoo.
Tengaar (100%) ->  Attack  (18%)
Tear (82%)  ->  Grand Cross (35%) -> FoF Cancel into Searing Sorrow (Since Tear's PATK is getting a 20% boost from Holy Song...  6060?  6480?  Anywho, ~21%)
Tengaar (44%)  ->  Earthquake (80%)
Tear (2%)  ->  Grand Cross (35%) -> FoF Cancel into Searing Sorrow (~21%), win.

Tear needs one of two things to win:
1.  Be faster than Tengaar, or
2.  Allow FoF Canceling.

Magic, do these numbers include Tear's Pendant?

-Djinn

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile

Even if the Agility stat isn't what governs running speed directly, I found it pretty indicative, and apparently so did a lot of other people. Regardless, I recall Tear being considerably slower than both Guy and Natalia, making her averagish. If you have some running speed tests to prove me wrong, by all means post them for us.

Until then, I can't really see Tear doubling Tengaar ever, especially if she's using her healing spells, which are sluggish if anything.

The... "L4 average" leads to that kill point. I don't even know what that means, but I can tell you this: it's not an average based on DL-legal numbers. Kill point based on DL-legal numbers is 1230, and I strongly disagree with using non-DL-legal things in damage averages; all it does is nerf an entire PC cast.

So Tengaar does about 90% to average.

See Cryo on Nightmare hype; I was under the impression that couldn't be chained very well.

Well, if you see Tales spells as taking action time, I think the double probably won't come along.
Problem is, I just let these kinda spellcasters get off by casting it during their turn without giving them any speed penalty, unless it's atrociously long(Lemina from Lunar makes a really good example here....)
And, as requested, I've done some running speed tests. I'll just copy and paste the averages, look at the stat topic for more information.

Movement speed average = 3.6 s
Guy 2.50
Tear 3.35
Luke 3.50
----------Average--------------
Natalia 3.75
Jade 3.80
Anise 4.70

Oh, and for that L4 average thing.... Could you explain what you mean by non-DL-legal? I'm kinda confused bout that.
I just kinda use that average for when someone has a L4 to use, and use the other averages if they can't. Seems fair to me >_>.
If you mean that he earlier said he'll list several averages, isn't the one in brackets WITH those non-DL legal people?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:37:35 PM by muakaka »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Tengaar (100%) ->  Attack  (20%)
Tear (80%)  ->  Holy Song -> Tear (100%), Tear takes...  2% less from physicals.  Whoo-hoo.
Tengaar (100%) ->  Attack  (18%)
Tear (82%)  ->  Grand Cross (35%) -> FoF Cancel into Searing Sorrow (Since Tear's PATK is getting a 20% boost from Holy Song...  6060?  6480?  Anywho, ~21%)
Tengaar (44%)  ->  Earthquake (80%)
Tear (2%)  ->  Grand Cross (35%) -> FoF Cancel into Searing Sorrow (~21%), win.

Tear needs one of two things to win:
1.  Be faster than Tengaar, or
2.  Allow FoF Canceling.

Magic, do these numbers include Tear's Pendant?

-Djinn

The numbers there include Tear's Pendant, which was the given in muakaka's damage tests for FoF Canceling.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Switching vote to Tengaar, I completely forgot about her physical mattering. That and I have zero respect for Tear speed hype ever soooooooo...
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
I don't use movement rates for ARPG characters myself. Headache. Only time I factor in movement rate is ARPG character vs ARPG character I guess.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"