Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 6  (Read 5040 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 6
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:31:54 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Same things I've been saying the last few rounds, Idola is surprisingly awesome, Divine Identity is boring.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Basically a coinflip, so I'm voting the one I'd be more comfortable with winning it all.  Or at least taking down Divine Identity.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Good match, CC's definitely better to me though.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Ditto the above match.  Shocked these two won, pleasant surprise though.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:54:26 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Brahman is good, but Idola is awesome.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - ARGH, don't want to vote against either. ;_;

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Blah to Souls losing, but Time's Scar is better then Shirach by a long shot.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Dream Will End really needed to lose awhile ago, IMO. I just do not see the appeal of the song at all.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:57:46 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World

Huh.  Exactly the opposite of Alex.  Interesting. >_>

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Eh.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - TONFAMUSIK RULES SUPREME.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Isn't non-PoF CC.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - See above.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »
Divine Identity
Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme
Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach-
Someday the Dream Will End

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Only deserves to lost to Song of Mana.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Champ.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Not boring, uninspired, poorly orchestrated CC music that deserved to lose in the first two rounds.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Ditto

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”
Divine Identity isn't that good, but it's alright.  It's also horribly outclassed.

Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme
This is the final.  And as much as I like Song of Mana, it's pretty cleanly outgunned here.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
The only close match this week, I'm going with the old favourite.

Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World
StDWE just isn't something I find to be that strong, while the CC track is one I always enjoy listening to, making this an easy choice.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: Going with the livelier one after all. Didn't really expect to end up voting this way.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: Tonfamusik. Falcom Punch. Champ. Call it what you will, Genesis is an amazing track that has survived against some incredible opposition.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Way better consistently.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World: Dreams~. Decent fight. I find it amusing that CC is either voted for or against in both its matches by everyone so far. A shame, since only this one deserves to be close.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 03:34:05 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 09:44:20 AM »
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme- I might like Song of Mana without the vocals, but even then it would at best be a mild liking.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- Shirach still strikes me as like Seymour Battle - (----).
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World- Similar feel, but I always think that Someday the Dream Will End fails at what it tries to do.

...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 02:44:32 PM »

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:25 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”: More consistently great, and the best parts rise a tier above Brahman's best bits anyhow. Basically just outclasses all around.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme: Finals, part 2. It took me THREE relistens of each to figure out this one. But the one I can relisten to over and over is...FALCOM PAUNCH!

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Mm...I don't think any of the Big Four would beat Time's Scar, the second half is just too perfect. Certainly not Sherah.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World: Similar, but Dream has more development and Dream has started to bore me lately.

... I mean, FFX > CC. Also I'm the first one to vote 1-1 for CC? Such a rebel I am.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 05:22:17 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”- Mmm.  In the end, Divine Identity just makes me stand up and take notice more.  I'll take it.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme- Gosh, at this rate you'd think I didn't like GENESIS >.>  Weird.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- Hell of a clash between nostalgia and goodness here.  But... I think I'm actually voting against nostalgia this time.  Weird.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:16 PM »

Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - The more I listen to Divine Identity, the less it impresses me.  Idola, on the other hand, continues to rock face.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - Genesis is champ-powered.  Oh yes.

Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Requisite match of meh.  One of these two unimpressive tracks is going to the Semi-Finals?  Lame.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 02:02:25 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Meh.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 04:45:45 AM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits”- The songs feel similar, I just find DI to be superior. Comrades is still better.

Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World: Dreams~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »

Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Ugh... tough. Probably my two favourite songs that have been in this entire competition. I'm happy either way, really.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - More awesome
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - But beauty > awesomeness

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Meh > instantly forgettable
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Awe-inspiring battle of mehishness here to round things off.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Both are good, but thinking I like Idola better today.
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - You people fail.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Needed to be one of the good RSMS tracks.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Weakest match in the group, but both are still solid.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »
Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity v Phantasy Star Online Episode III – “Idola the Strange Fruits” - Kicks ass and takes names.  Both are great songs, and this should be the finals ;_;
Ys Origin - -Bonus track- GENESIS BEYOND THE BEGINNING v Legend of Mana - Song of Mana ~ Ending Theme - ...or this could be the finals too.

Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - ...wow.  FAIL.  FAILURE HERE.  The top 4 own the bottom 4.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Chrono Cross- Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World - Eh...better than the above.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 05:19:18 AM »
Identity- xii v IDOLA- x
GENESIS- xii v Song of Mana- xi
Schirach- xii v CC- xi
FFX- xiii v CC- x