Author Topic: New Suikoden!  (Read 6116 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: New Suikoden!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 12:59:41 AM »
If Konami really wanted to test out whether to continue the series, I think they'd just make it Suikoden 6 since a numbered game would sell better than something with a sidename. Testing out whether they got enough sales to put S6 on the DS would sound more likely, but using a game that would sell less to test out the series' selling power would be a bad idea.
...into the nightfall.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 02:48:57 AM »
Eh if you were to take into account the expected reduced sales then a portable which tends to be cheaper to produce I believe would make sound economical sense.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

PsySlaver

• Denizen
  • Still the best Valkyrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
I think the whole idea of having the 108 stars of destiny not only losing but getting butchered (apparently, only four people survive) is a very interesting idea.

The game has bad graphics though, and the art seems very bland.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »
I don't think the game has bad graphics so much as bad character models. The backgrounds look excellent. Art...yeah, you'd figure by now they'd know who to use and who not to use.

Is it that the stars get butchered or the stars get dispersed? The description says that the hero has to "reassemble" the stars, which would be really odd language to use if they were actually all butchered. Butchered is certainly a lot more interesting, certainly. It does say only survivors...but for some reason I'd except Suikoden to use a cop out on that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:36:06 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 10:32:29 AM »
We can only hope for an army of reconstructed zombie Stars of Destiny.  It would make sense if we got some Night Rune action.

Not that it will happen, but we can dream.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Fire Lord

• New User
  • Roasting marshmallows the fun way.
    • View Profile
    • Academy of Martial Arts
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
The other Suikoden games I've tried couldn't hold my attention for very long, but I think I'll give this game a shot.....  A perk to working at a Game Stop, 3 day game check outs.

PsySlaver

• Denizen
  • Still the best Valkyrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
There is a picture from the opening scene that shows some of the SoD lying around, apparently dead. It seems they were ambushed in their HQ.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
I think the whole idea of having the 108 stars of destiny not only losing but getting butchered (apparently, only four people survive) is a very interesting idea.

As you would expect with DS 3D, it's right-in-your-face bad. But this is DS 3D, we all knew this.

19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:47 AM »

Then it turns out Euram was the one who butchered them and your head explodes from the Lolwut! On a serious note I'll be keeping an eye on the game but proberly won't get it if its DS only.
Game looks Ok but not good enough to make me splash some cash on a DS.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »
Hmm, actually looking at the pics, the graphics don't look offensive, and it looks like the 3-D character design has been scaled back to be closer to what they did in Suikoden 3, which is an immensely good sign.  I can just hope that the designers were as creative as they were with Suikoden 3 as that was easily the best game for character expressiveness in the series, and one of the better games for that period.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 12:24:23 PM »

Then it turns out Euram was the one who butchered them and your head explodes from the Lolwut! On a serious note I'll be keeping an eye on the game but proberly won't get it if its DS only.
Game looks Ok but not good enough to make me splash some cash on a DS.

He'd use a Rune Cannon just to add that little extra touch of "where the fuck did this come from and why do you keep mentioning it even though you had to make an entirely separate game to explain what the hell the deal with them was?"