Author Topic: Legretta > Edwin  (Read 338 times)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Legretta > Edwin
« on: September 26, 2008, 09:37:45 PM »
Legretta had the arena on lockdown. Her fellow God Generals were guarding the entrances, the stands were clear of anyone who didn't pass a background check and had a history of interference, and even the Commandant himself was in attendance, prepared to watch her swift and absolute victory.

She sneered a bit at her opponent, "Are you prepared, mage? I certainly am. I've researched all your tricks, I know every spell you can cast, and I've prepared the perfect response to anything you can do. Why not just admit you're out of your league now and save yourself the violence?"

Edwin just shrugged and didn't respond.

"Fine. I see you'd rather die then admit defeat. I can accept that. Prepare yourself then!" Legretta quickly drew her guns and sent a torrent of bullets towards her opponent...

Who promptly closed the gap between them and hit her in the face with an axe really hard.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Having an elite squad of minions and extreme amounts of preparation are one way to get ahead in life, but it's hard to argue with an axe to the face.

-------

Mewtwo stared at Edwin from the judging table, <i>You do understand I'm going to have to disqualify you for that, yes?</i>

Edwin waved him off, "Of course, of course. That's really of no matter here."

<i>Then aside from random chaos, what praytell was the point of that?</i>

The mage snorted, "Don't you see? I've figured out how the rules work here! Walk into a match, endure a bit of taunting or silent reflection, and then hit your enemy in the face with an axe and they drop! Get a couple of short tempered Godlikes together and Edge WILL interfere! He has to, it's some sort of universal imperative here!"

Mewtwo nodded slowly as he carefully backed away from the ranting Edwin, <i>I see.</i>

Edwin laughed, "Don't you see? With this knowledge, I am INVINCIBLE!!!!"

Mewtwo winced as the Big Owl suddenly landed on Edwin, mid-cackle.

Natalia came dashing into the ring with a horrified look on her face, "Oh no! I'm so sorry, this is entirely my fault! Sync was making faces at us so I tried to shoot him but he dodged and I hit that ship and I had no idea this would..."

Holding up his hand to silence the panicking princess, Mewtwo shook his head, <i>No, no, he brought this on himself. It's not your fault at all. Why don't you just run on and I'll clean up here.</i>

Contemplating the wreckage as Natalia took the opportunity to leave, the psychic cat could only wonder at the painful sense of irony the universe must have for Edwin to get so far along that line of thinking without running into one of the very basic rules of dramatic fiction. Declaring yourself to be invincible is almost always followed by immediate, and instant, death.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist