Author Topic: Season 46 Week 6: A bunch of girls and Zidane. What can possibly go wrong?  (Read 2323 times)

Pyro

Empyrea, Fenril, MOMO, Imoen vs. Zenon, Millenia, Zidane, Chisato.

Pools:

Heavy/Godlike: X-Death, Rashidi, Ness, Rolf, Fenril, Millenia

Middle/Heavy: Sarah (S3), Mary, Menardi, MOMO, Zidane

Light/Middle: Diego, Rassius, Red Wizard, Feraligatr, Imoen, Chisato
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:40:02 PM by Cryo »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Team Empy's my kneejerk.

Pools: H/G- Rolf>Rashidi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Millenia>X-Death>Fenril
M/H- Zidane=Dryst>MOMO>Menardi>Sarah>Mary

Dryst/MOMO is arguble but eh, think his physical's good enough there. This pool is so, so bad.

L/M: RW>Imoen>Diego>>Chisato>Ras
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Bardiche

Think Zenon wins this. Millenia's SBE should take care of Empyrea's speed... Then Zenon smash MOMO and Zidane deals with Fenril (Doom hype and all that). Chisato can add damage against anyone. Think they can pretty much ignore Imoen for now.

Taishyr

Empyrea, Fenril, MOMO, Imoen vs. Zenon, Millenia, Zidane, Chisato.

Gut. Empyrea kills Millenia and it goes downhill from there. Imoen can probably help more by buffing her team as the enemy is status/mages. Zidane tries to disable someone, Chisato deals with Imoen and Zenon goes on the offensive... but whoever Zidane didn't go for and Empyrea get to act at this point and it goes downhill badly from here.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Team Empyrea, I imagine.

Empyrea one-rounds Millenia with ease. MOMO confuses Zidane. After that, Empy seems to have way better help than Zenon despite them being the losers. Go figure.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
I'm not so certain Empyrea kills Millenia in time.  Her first action is likely before Millenia, sure, but there's decent odds that both her actions won't be before Millenia.  (EDIT: Okay my recollection was off on this one.  Oh, well.)  However, it doesn't actually matter, because Empyrea + Fenril can certainly 2HKO Millenia, and Fenril isn't that slow.  As others have noted, once Millenia dies, team Zenon is extremely screwed (not knowing Zenon, but knowing that it lost to Empyrea before in a duel means that things won't go better here.)

Re the pools:

I think Millenia loses to Exdeath?  I have some Exdeath HP respect, so I'm not sure SBE-> 2 Fallen Wings will do the job here (since Claws is bad due to Exdeath being multipart).

Rashidi loses to everybody, even if you have HP respect for him.  Sure, his first action is fast, but he's not OHKOing anyone here, and the other side's first action should seal the deal for everyone else.  (Okay, I guess he might beat Exdeath, depending on how you see OB turns-> normal RPG turns.  I don't have Rashidi HP respect so the point is moot.)  It's especially clear cut for Fenril - a team of 5 Fenrils all mysteriously in the front row vs. Rashidi are going to wipe the floor with him after his first turn even with no Tarot Cards.

I didn't play PS2 endgame so I can't say for sure, but Megid is holy elemental, right?  Fenril has pretty decent Holy Resist (stat topic says .5, and the average of 44.7 sounds a little high to me), so it sounds like she might have a shot of taking down Rolf.

Imoen beats Red Wizard I think?  She doesn't care about Ruse, and her status gets around RW's healing.  Even if RW 2HKOs, she's got a good shot.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:38:44 PM by SnowFire »

Taishyr

Snowfire: Her doubleacts are locked together.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Pools:
H/G- XDeath>Rolf>Ness>Rashidi>Millenia>Fenril

M/H- Menardi>Zidane>Dryst>MOMO>Mary>Sarah
Sarah is a borderline L/M. Mary is also marginally better, I think. Both of them would be beaten by both our Light finalists, I think.

L/M: Imoen beats everyone left thanks to Stoneskin or anti-ST magic. Chisato beats everyone but Rassius, who has like 3+ PC HP Pdur. Rassius then beats everyone. Feralgatr beats the final two, and then Diego beats RW, I think.

Imoen 4-1
Chisato 4-1
Rassius 4-1
Feralgatr 2-3
Diego 1-4
Red Wizard 0-5
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Oh, pools. H/G is... uh... Millenia vs. X-Death for me! Whoever goes first wins. Probably will end up voting Millenia; if people can consider Auto-Haste at all in FF9, which is on some optional accessories and needs to be learned, then it seems like there's a good case to factor in FF5's storebought double-speed-and-blocks-most-status-Ribbon-doesn't equip.

M/H fails so much.

L/M has Diego countering Chisato, everyone beating RW. Need to look up Fera's exact damage and what Chisato can do about water, but guessing he'll sweep the pool.

Worst pools ever.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Need to look up Fera's exact damage and what Chisato can do about water, but guessing he'll sweep the pool.

Chisato can halve Water with storebought equipment, and probably as importantly, can dish out 9500 Thunder damage (And 38000 SO 2 damage should handily 2HKO Feral).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 47 Week 6: A bunch of girls and Zidane. What can possibly go wrong?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »
9500 Thunder damage is a 3HKO, but yeah, with water halving that's certainly good for a win.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 46 Week 6: A bunch of girls and Zidane. What can possibly go wrong?
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 10:44:14 PM »
Well, technically that 9500 is 19000 against Feraligatr!
...into the nightfall.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 46 Week 6: A bunch of girls and Zidane. What can possibly go wrong?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »
Team Zenon > Team Empyrea, because Zenon's hitting the entire opposing team with his damage during the "pick off the support" phase of the fight and no one on team Empyrea is doing the same. (Well, Imoen could in theory with Chaos, but that's hard to do when Zidane has stoned you or when Millenia has SBE'd you, depending on which one lived to see a turn.)

Not touching the pools for now.