Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 34  (Read 4566 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 34
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »
Team Shale | Shale: Rikku, Tidus, Millenia, Rand, Mint
[Floor 6b]
Rikku's Item List
Team Shale vs. Ghaleon
*Full heal
Team Shale vs. Fou-Lu
*Full heal
Team Shale vs. Myria3
*Full heal
Team Shale vs. Sephiroth
*Full heal
Team Shale vs. Zophar- Abstain till I can look up Rikku in depth.

Team Miasmacloud | Terra, VP2 Lenneth, Chemist, PC Seifer
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Miasmacloud vs. Eirika
Team Miasmacloud vs. FFT Time Mage, FFT Wizard and FFT Priest- Mia's entire team is slower than the FFT team. MT motherfucking death ahoy. Edit: And I'm the only person to be voting against them. *Pokes people* How does Team Mia deal with this magic blitz of doom?
Team Miasmacloud vs. Hellion and Luc
Team Miasmacloud vs. Augst and Alakazam
Team Miasmacloud vs. Alma, Ramza and Pikachu

Team Magic | Tir, Riou, Lilka, Lucia, Mint
[Floor 1]
Team Magic vs. Rufus and Reno
Team Magic vs. Shuckle, Fred (S3) and Cecil
Team Magic vs. Alice and FFT Priest
Team Magic vs. Solt, Peppor, Alenia, Zahhak and Miluda
Team Magic vs. Lundgren, Zalmo1 and Graham Clay- Tenative 'earlygame Lucia' vote. She's too good in the format, smash.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:29:35 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
Team Shale wins in a walk thanks to Millenia.  Even if SBE doesn't paralyze Zophar's hands, his hands are going to have trouble dealing with two healers and incoming Fallen Wings.  And Sephiroth isn't going to beat out Hasted Millenia, and even if he did, he'd need a turn to use Supernova anyway.

I'm not sure I can vote on miasma all the way, but the second fight against FFT...  I have to disagree with superaielman.  Even with Short Charge, Meteor takes for freakin' ever to cast (CT of 8->16 IIRC, plus Time Mage needs to have his turn), and while Time Mage is casting it Lenneth beats him up for 150% damage and kills him.  Wizard's big huge radius spells also take a long time to cast IIRC (CT of 10 so?), which is basically right before his next turn (or even worse on/after it).  Flare casts mildly faster but also isn't MT.  The horrible MT death is happening sometime on turn 2, which is way too late.

As for Team Magic, unless I'm mistaken, that's SH2 Lucia which isn't really overpowered on floor 1.  Not sure how the final fight would go, though, so no vote.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 07:24:41 PM »
ST->MT floor Snowfire. Don't act shuts down his team's offense entirely besides for Terra as it is. Lucia has MT buffs at this stage of the duengon, which is more than enough to deal with an improved floor 1.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
Team Miasmacloud | Terra, VP2 Lenneth, Chemist, PC Seifer
[Floor 3b]
Team Miasmacloud vs. FFT Time Mage, FFT Wizard and FFT Priest- Mia's entire team is slower than the FFT team. MT motherfucking death ahoy. Edit: And I'm the only person to be voting against them. *Pokes people* How does Team Mia deal with this magic blitz of doom?

Actually, the entire FFT team is slower than mia, I think? FFT mages are -not- fast. Seifer should be average at worst, and Lenneth+Seifer will handle their hilarious durability. You're overselling their speed, methinks, even if they can use Thief Hats, which just sorta get taken against a speed-twinked average and end up not doing all that much.

GRANTED, if they're actually faster, I agree with your assessment, but my kneejerk is "FFT mages above average speed waitwhat".
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 07:38:41 PM »
FFT mages *are* above average speed with thief hats. Priest also has higher base speed as well, though it's probably the least useful of the three in spite of the revival and Holy. Protect is an option in case they have to survive one Seifer turn as well.
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
FFT mages *are* above average speed with thief hats. Priest also has higher base speed as well, though it's probably the least useful of the three in spite of the revival and Holy. Protect is an option in case they have to survive one Seifer turn as well.

Are they above average against a speed-twinked average? This is what matters here, really. They should be above average with Thief Hats against an average that doesn't use them, but this honestly doesn't count to me. And point about Priest, though. Doesn't help that it's a Seifer+Lenneth turn here, though. And... man, I wish I had a list of Lenneth's starting spells handy here, since Reflect Sorcery would turn this fight into a complete laugher, but I don't know if she starts with it or not.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »
See Snow. Lenneth/Seifer should smack them down without issue, since holding Thief Hats-wearing people to a non-speed focused average seems absurd to me, and Short Charge only compensates for the even longer lag in attack speed, not the actual attack itself. so yeah, Miasma coasts that fight.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 07:52:25 PM by Taishyr »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
Snow: Yes, they're faster with thief hats in the average. Several classes can't use them and thus lower the average.
-------------------

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 12:09:26 AM »
Hmm... I didn't think about Thief Hats. Now I'm not sure anymore about Mia's match. -_-

Shale and Magic still pass, though.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 02:06:42 AM »
Yeah yeah on the ST->MT thing.  Fine, the Wizard uses Flare.  Doesn't matter.  I just did an average of the generics, and unequipped it's 8.05, equipped it's 9.55.  Adjust these upward slightly if you include heroes in the mix, as the equipped uniques average is 10.  Priest has 11 Speed, Wizard & Time Mage have 10 Speed according to the stat topic.  Flare has CT 15, Short-Charged Meteor has CT 16, and Holy has CT 17.  Priest will get his/her turn after 9.09 clicks (let's not be evil and make 11 Speed = 10 Speed by rounding to 10), and Holy fires 5.88 clicks later.  This would be a total of 14.97 clicks, or a Speed of... wait for it...  6.68.  Given an average of 9.55 speed, that would mean that the Priest's Holy will hit the same time as people of 70% Average PC speed take their first turn.  There's no way that Terra/Lenneth/etc. are that slow.

Alternatively, BM casts Frog with CT 20 for 10 (turn) + 5 (Frog) clicks, which is...  15 clicks again.  Still not fast enough.  Priest can try and turtle by casting Wall for the Shell & Protect, but that's CT 25 = 4 clicks casting = 13.09 clicks total, still too slow (~Speed 7.63, or 80% average).  And surprisingly enough, Protect alone doesn't cast any faster.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 06:00:06 AM »
So Tidus doesn't Haste Rikku with his initiative action, delaying her first turn until after Seph's. She's quick enough that she'd be very close to getting a turn by the time Seph goes, so he wouldn't insta-double if slow connects, and confuse is only 25% because of Confuseward.

I can't see anything sephy can do to counter that. He still has a 25% chance to win but thats way to low for me.
Vote changed.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 06:25:40 AM »
Blanket pass to all three.  The points have been made.

Go me!