Author Topic: Not Ranked Season 11 Week 1: Can Sora unlock the Emperor's Heart?  (Read 1998 times)

Taishyr

Godlike

Emperor Mateus Palamecia (FF2) vs. Sora (KH)
X (MMXCM) vs. Elwen (RS)

Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT)
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris)

Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM) vs. Knight (FFT)
Karel (FEs) vs. Carol Anderson (WA5)

Light:

Shiki Misaki (TWEWY) vs. Knoll (FE8)
Leblanc (FFX-2) vs. Chansey (PKMN)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Not Ranked Season 11 Week 1: Can Sora unlock the Emperor's Heart?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 01:34:23 AM »
Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT) - Marino's non-physical damage is entirely lol, and Heckran doesn't suck at HP. She... can even be really annoying by stalling the Quicksilver until she's about to die, but with the 1/6 average damage dealt by each draining, she's sooooooo not outlasting him.

Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM) vs. Knight (FFT) - Kneejerk: Knight breaks Cinnamon's Kitty Gloves on turn two and then her offense fails too much for words. Granted, this match is really weird and Cinnamon could... still manage to win ANYWAY. ._. Open to arguments.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:36:21 AM »
Godlike

X (MMXCM) vs. Elwen (RS)- Different level of Godlike

Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT)- Spoiled.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris)- Kind of a gut reaction. Several statuses help here.

Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM) vs. Knight (FFT)- I didn't check this, but gut check on Cinnamon not being great against a semi competent slugger.

Light:

Leblanc (FFX-2) vs. Chansey (PKMN)- Chansey, I'm thinking, unless Leblanc immunes stat downs. I suppose Silence could win it for her, but unlisted hit rate.
...into the nightfall.

Taishyr

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:02 AM »
Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT) - Spoiled INDEED!

Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM) vs. Knight (FFT) - Gut.

Light:

Shiki Misaki (TWEWY) vs. Knoll (FE8) - Shiki durability. It's the one thing she has going for her, but here, it should be enough. I think. Knoll's below average durability, isn't doubling, and Shiki can get a noticeable damage/durability edge scaled to the time she leaves thanks to 3x Neku's Brave. Damage is likely still below Neku since Neku pins are crack, but defense is notably higher and that should be enough. Allowing her to double Knoll makes this even less pretty. Nosferatu... mmm. That's the one hitch here, but inclination is that Shiki can wear him down before he wears her down - the defense makes this even more likely, as Knoll's parasitic healing isn't that good. Thoughts, Tonfa (since you're like the other person to have played both? >_>) EDIT: Also Tal and Xer and Djinn and like one other but they don't mention it much so whatever.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:55:53 AM by Taishyr »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:44:59 AM »
Chiming in on Shiki!

If you allow partner PCs to use their Fusion attacks, then Shiki has the notable advantage of being the only Partner PC able to start with 7/8 Fusion Stars neccessary for her first-level Fusion attack. This means after her first combo-finisher she should have enough Fusion stars to pull off her Fusion attack on turn 1, Turn 2 at the latest, depending on how you see TWEWY Speed. Her level 1 Fusion does something like 3x her normal damage, so she shouldn't have any trouble killing by Turn 2, maybe even Turn 1.

I generally would allow the Partner PCs to build up to their Fusion attacks since even though they include Neku in-game, the Fusion attacks deal separate damage amounts on the separate sides of the screen and to separate monsters. It's just flavor that they require Neku, the game mechanics don't include him at all, unlike things like the Light Puck.

And if you start making flavor arguments against the Fusion attacks, then by that same token, Neku can't actually use his pins, because they require a partner TO DO ANYTHING according to the game...

Djinn

Taishyr

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 03:55:35 AM »
This is true, but by the point she leaves she's got... maybe +1 star, and can get to her L1 fusion. This still isn't bad, mind - it acts as a limit of sorts at the fourth turn, and that should be enough to finish.

So it depends on if you allow aftergame or not, but that also changes stats around a lot. Your mileage therefore will vary.

Also Djinn proves I have swiss cheese memory on who's actually played TWEWY. Woo.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 03:58:26 AM »
Fortunately I didn't pay attention to that part of TWEWY plot~

Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT) - Richard hates MEGA MAN PLOT? This is not the real Richard.
Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia) vs. Klein (Atelier Iris) - I allow semi-frue Aroma Materials, but those don't get sleep. Fortunately, MK speed only really matters on the first tu- oh wait~

Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM)
vs. Knight (FFT) - The world makes no sense anymore~

Light:

Shiki Misaki (TWEWY) vs. Knoll (FE8) - Uh...huh.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:12 AM »
Another interesting tidbit about TWEWY. Apparently Shiki and Beat are actually using Pins to do their attacks. Shiki's Mr. Mew attacks are all fueled by a psychokinesis-type Pin called Groove Pawn. This gives all of Shiki's attacks a "Neutral" class (not physical/magical or 'positive'/'negative', if you prefer), just like Neku's Psychokinesis-type attacks. Beat's skateboard moves are all fueled by a Shockwave-type Pin and therefore physical (obviously). I still don't know about Joshua, but I'd guess he's the magical one.

SPOILER-Y

As a side note, if you -really- want to go by flavor, then the only Pin Neku can use is the Rhyme Pin (because it comes with a built-in Partner!). This allows him to do incredibly slow (but decent) physical (?) damage. Shiki can't do anything at all, Beat has to use his Reaper form to do anything, and Joshua is God and doesn't change at all because he can do whatever the hell he wants, Partner or no.

SPOILER-Y-NESS OVER.

Also, Tai, I think there's more of us than that who've played TWEWY, just go browse the RPG ratings topic. And FE8 is ranked, so I don't think there's too much trouble -there-...

-Djinn

Taishyr

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 04:25:46 AM »
Beat's attacks are Neutral by gameplay - phys-absorbant monsters do not absorb his attacks. The plot pin thing's interesting, but I'd rather go with gameplay on this one, I think.

Of course, you've also just prodded me to confirm this again. >_> I'll do it tomorrow.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 05:04:14 AM »
Godlike

X (MMXCM) vs. Elwen (RS)- Too much HP offhand.

Heavy

Marino (MMXCM) vs. Heckran (CT)
Middle:

Cinnamon (MMXCM) vs. Knight (FFT)- Cinnamon damage post weapon break is probably that bad.

Light:

Leblanc (FFX-2) vs. Chansey (PKMN)- Not LeBlanc.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
*TWEWY SPOILERS*

To chip in to the Shiki debate, I personally wouldn't asign any real element or affiliation or typing etc. to the partners' attacks. It's really a stretch to claim plot claim here in my opinion. Plus there's Joshua, who doesn't have any plot claim to his powers other than "lol im god". But anyway, I don't think any of that matters since Knoll should not be fail enough to lose this, especially (but not exclusively) under my Brave ignoring interpretation. On that note however, on the whole "taking partners post-game or when they leave your party" thing, they all have the same base stats, so it's not as if it's detrimental to Shiki to take the partners post-game. In fact, she's got better equips by the end-game anyway, so that'd be beneficial for her!

*END TWEWY SPOILERS*

Also I'm disappointed by the lack of Mateus vs Sora debate going on. Personally I think not holding the exploitable growth system against Mateus gives him this pretty safely.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »
And....  absolutely nothing I can vote on.  Well, I suppose Emperor vs.  Sora, but that's a laugher vs. KH1 Sora due to draining physicals.  Unless you see Sora's ARPG roots as allowing him to dodge a decent amount.

And, eh.  Not even the growth system is needed as it's evade that really screws him over.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 04:22:39 PM »
Godlike

Emperor Mateus Palamecia (FF2) vs. Sora (KH) - Easy.

Light:

Leblanc (FFX-2) vs. Chansey (PKMN) - Chansey is terrible from what I remember. Leblanc is semi respectable.