Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 40  (Read 5566 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 40
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
Tai vs Dungeon- I was all set to vote against him, then thought "wait, Rika can nuke everyone's speed and give Crowly and Eiko a chance to actually kill stuff".  Seems effective.

Piggy vs Dungeon- This feels like the point at which Magus' damage should level off a little (as the normal cast would get L1 spells at this time, which in terms of damage are no different from L2 spells), so while still good it's no longer dominant.  And... well.  Piggy's only got Ben for reviving duty and I don't think he can stay alive through the whole floor.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Taishyr

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »
Most people see Saner/Illusion working round 2. I guess you and I are some of the ones that don't. >_>;

Voting pass on my team just to see if I can get to the floors that -really- kill me. <_<

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 10:54:23 AM »
Any particular reason why Eiko can't just short circuit Yuna with Esuna here? Yuna frags Crowley, Eiko Esunas Yuna, Bartz summons Carbuncle ... Galcian can't do anything yay!?

As far as I know for status protection Yuna only has the chance of fully blocking stone or curse. There are wards for lots else yeah but she can only equip one armour and if she goes for silence ward she's going to be stoned, if she goes for stone immunity she's going to be shut down with Silence/Confuse/etc.

Am I missing something here? >_>

I have a question though I forgot exactly what FF5 X Magic does so is it that Bartz gets to use magic even though he has a different job (in this case Summoner)?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:15:08 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure that X Magic just allows you to cast two spells in a row. In this case, it means he can cast two summons in one turn. I don't believe it gives him access to the rest of the "Red Magic" skillset.

Taishyr

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
It does. The entirety of the FF5 Red Mage skillset is available to me.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 12:56:37 PM »
OK ... so can Bartz 2HK0 Galcian with his healing spells on his turn? Maybe Bartz doesn't even need to summon Carbuncle >_>
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"