Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 41  (Read 4011 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 41
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:07:13 PM »
Cmdr gets splattered, see first post.

Piggyman fails. Four person teams on this floor are a bad idea. Ben/Robo aren't fast and Tidus can't take hits. Tia spell+physical blitz probably dooms Tidus, and that's it for them on that floor.

Team Shale | Rikku, Tidus, Millenia, Rand, Mint
[Floor 7c]
Team Shale vs. Empyrea and Marcello- EDIT: Good lord, abstain.
Team Shale vs. Zio, Lashiec and Dark Force 2
Team Shale vs. Lavos and Lynx
Team Shale vs. Garland, Kuja and Lani
Team Shale vs. Zeromus and Exdeath
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 11:19:49 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
I'll be updating this tomorrow, so get any final votes in now, please.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »
Djinn makes a decent point about Cloud's limit helping in the final battle.  In fact, if Cloud has a Blade Beam set to go on Rydia, my original scenario where Cloud one-turns Rydia probably works and Commander wins.  Thing is...  who would be giving Cloud this limit (assuming enemy AI is perfect and knows it's trying to have the dungeon win, not the specific fight)?  S1 Luc might do some damage with an MT attack, I suppose.  Fight 3...  since both Cloud and Yuri have revival, and Yuri is surely blocking paralysis (among his many other status immunities thanks to 3 slots), team FFT's strategy is going to be something like "Arm Aim Cloud, shoot up Yuri and hopefully somehow kill him through the healing, returning to Arm Aim Cloud when/if that runs out, then keep Cloud locked down with Arm Aim and shoot him up too."  If this strategy manages to kill Yuri, then Team Commander has already been horrendously unlucky since Arm Aim Cloud worked first time or something, and Bowser can Terrorize down their damage.  But the only way that Cloud gets a limit is if Cloud got shot down to low health, but then recovered from Arm Aim and healed himself.  Having Yuri simply live, or Cloud die, and things don't work.  Actually an interesting issue, since if you assume Cloud does need a limit, does some kind of taunting strategy where Cmdr intentionally lets Yuri die to lure them into giving Cloud a limit work?  It's fraught with peril, that's for sure.

Anyway that's the last chance, since Cloud is going to get Stop-locked in fight 4, and will only take damage if he's literally the only one left alive and the Gullwings are cleaning up.  So yeah.  I don't think Cloud will be able to limit, alas, but it'd definitely help.

So, thinking more about it, yeah, I don't think Commander can beat the final fight without a limit and without Toad seriously disabling Rydia.  So a dungeon vote there. 

Standing by my vote for Team Shale; Tidus and Millena are cheaty. 

Also going to vote dungeon against Team Piggyman; Tidus's initiative Haste on Benjamin is awesome, but the problem is that both Magus's damage and speed are worse in Floor 4 thanks to Ayla existing (and Lucca getting the Taban Vest). Robo is meanwhile at like 62% average speed.  Magus & Ben need to get the drop everytime and do their magical MT thing, but a lot of the dungeon fighters are really fast, probably faster than Magus.  Anybody who outspeeds them, or survives their magical onslaught, hits Tidus.  And then fight 4, the Suikoden 3 fight, is just a nightmare.  Hallec & Augustine are a lot better than I thought; they have speedy big damage attacks, and Chris's Silent Lake goes off really fast too.  Even if somehow Magus could outspeed Silent Lake, Chris would probably survive their onslaught anyway, know that SL is useless, and Phoenix Rune somebody instead.

Taishyr

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008, 03:39:59 AM »
Final votes:

Shale, CK pass.

Piggyman falls.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
Shale Passes

CK and Pig Fail
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Taishyr

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
Idle side note: This may just be me, but I presume that dungeon "perfect AI" is to have each fight aim to win, and if victory won't come, do as much damage as possible. Thus no suicidng to prevent limit buildup or anything.

This being said, I've perhaps got less Rydia respect than most (yeah, versatile as hell, but she's slow as hell too), so yeah, the pass is there for me. Borderline, though. Next floor will be pain incarnate.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 01:17:07 AM »
Pretty sad when even I think MY own team fails. ;o

Shale passes.

Ck passes, too.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.