Register

Author Topic: Season 48, Week 1 - Emo Jesus gets bitchslapped by Queen Zeal. Malak facepalms.  (Read 5239 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
I had like ten of those just by doing the final dungeon once. They're candy.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
And I had 0 on my file. Not a chance I'm allowing a dropped status blocker for a whole cast, let alone a large one.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
And I had 0 on my file. Not a chance I'm allowing a dropped status blocker for a whole cast, let alone a large one.

Well, technically you should never need more than 4...

But if you had 0, then I can definitely understand the sentiment. Also, not allowing enemy drops at all is a pretty solid stance. I'll bet it's easier to remember, too...

-Djinn

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Rapp / Alicia
Assuming you allow the VP2 ID blocker.

Rapp does roughly average damage with Demon Ball, which he can use 3 times. He does slightly more than average damage with Neo Demon Ball, but can only use it once. Missile is his next best damage, which has a low enough cost that he doesn't have to worry about it. He is average-ish durability, but has cast-best speed (270 to a 231 average).

Alicia doesn't have much in the way of damage, even her Soul Crush isn't particularly useful in overwhelming things. But she can take a hit to her damage to perform 80% Heal every turn she gets for free. You can argue that this slows her down some as it takes some time before the Menu timer resets. Otherwise, she's average A/SRPG speed, and slightly-below average durability.

Rapp would obviously get the first turn, and I would guess that he gets an extra turn after his 3rd turn (I believe the term for this is 4-3s). He doesn't want to open with his best damage as that will drain his SP reserves too low, and Alicia will use her Heal to recover the damage for free.

Rapp: Missile
Alicia (70%HP): Combo chain
Rapp (75%HP): Missile
Alicia (40%): Heal-Combo chain (Alicia at 100%, slowed slightly due to Menu lag)
Rapp (60%): Neo Demon Ball
Rapp (60%): Demon Ball (if you see Rapp as tripling here due to the Menu lag, I guess he wins?)
Alicia (10%): Heal-Combo chain (Alicia at 90%. slowed slightly due to Menu lag)
Rapp (45%): Missile (doesn't have enough SP to perform anything stronger)
Alicia (60%): Combo chain
Rapp (20%): Missile
Alicia (30%): Combo chain
Rapp (0%)

If you think Rapp 3-2s, then Alicia just uses Heal on her first turn. Though arguably if you see Rapp as THAT fast, then he probably triples her if she uses Heal (or any Menu spell) at all...

If you don't allow the VP2 ID blocker, then well... Rapp wins obviously.

-Djinn

Don't forget Rapp is one of the two main characters to get Speedy. Learned at relatively low mag levels as well. It only costs 4 L3-MP and gives a +2 Wit/Action/Agility/Speed boost, (what ever you'd like to call it) which means around a 20% speed boost per casting. Puts him about 140% average speed and 160%-165% with a second casting. (175% or so with a 3rd)

Heal may not be all that good, but it should be more then enough against her damage and speed. Plus it's only a Lv1-Water spell, and costs just 1 L1-MP. Rapp's also one of the three characters who learns Healer. (3 L2-MP, learns at Lv8-Water) She isn't going to be able to kill him before he's done.

WOW, Diggin' a/o Def-Loss seals it. (attack, defense +1/10% and def -1 per casting) The second being another Lv1 spell.

Of course this is all assuming you allow her ID immunity item.

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
And it assumes you allow Grandia 1 spells...

...which as it turns out, I do! At the very least, Rapp would be able to use Speedy and Heal...

It would be a long-as-hell fight, but he MIGHT be able to do this if he saves all of his SP for a triple after he boosts his Speed (probably would need all 3 castings to triple Alicia, maybe only two if you see Menu spells as particularly sluggish).

But it is definitely true that Alicia's incredibly crappy damage is not a threat to Rapp at any point... even -with- her Soul Crush, assuming you allow that (I do, but I'm also using the 3-turn average).

Ugh... math later if anyone cares at this point.

-Djinn

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
On that evidence I'm going to vote for Rapp. I always forget grandia magic.

Anyone know, if griever (unfused) triples himself, the effect carries over into UltiGriever? Griever has no good spells to leverage triple with, while UltiGriever lacks triple but has Ultima. If he can triple ultima... well, heat doesn't like that.

Any word on this? Would be nice to know for future matchs.

Pyro

Rapp will never triple Alicia (i.e. average speed), and even two shots of Neo Demon Ball don't outdamage Alicia's Heal.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Rapp will never triple Alicia (i.e. average speed), and even two shots of Neo Demon Ball don't outdamage Alicia's Heal.

Well even if you don't ever see Rapp tripling, even with full Speedy. (lag with menu spells withstanding) Heal/Healer, along with Diggin or Stram and constant doubles mean Rapp has all the time he needs to finish boosting with WOW and/or Def-Loss.

How long you ask? Rapp has 95 L1-MP, so even if he used the max amount of every useful L1 stat spell here. He'd still have enough MP for about 45 Heals. (not to mention 21 Healers with the L2-MP and a L3 Alhealer+)

WOW (3 L1-MP) x5
Def-Loss (3 L1-MP) x5
Diggin (1 L1-MP) x5
Stram (3 L1-MP) x5
Heal (1 L1-MP) x45

Oh and just to note... WOW x5 (though he only needs x4 to KO with 2 DB, x3 with DB+NDB) means 150% attack power, and Def-Loss x5 means defense -50% for Alicia. Game Over on either.

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Of course, if you allow stat boosters like this, then you also need to take into effect the changes to the average those stat boosters bring.  Remember, stuff like Alex's Atk booster gets counted, and there's no reason why Wow shouldn't be.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Of course, if you allow stat boosters like this, then you also need to take into effect the changes to the average those stat boosters bring.  Remember, stuff like Alex's Atk booster gets counted, and there's no reason why Wow shouldn't be.

Well it would be an issue if you choose to do it that way. But in this case Def-Loss works just as well, and without said issues. Plus, while I'd have to look into it to be sure, WOWx5 may still be enough with DB+NDB. After the new average, without Def-Loss.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

None of this is true.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile

What?

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
It depends.  A sufficently powerful buff often is included in 3-turn averages, and if I'm not mistaken Lunar 1 is an example of this (that is, I'm pretty sure two buffed Sword Dances is more damage over three turns than three unbuffed, so the fomer is included in the average.)  Mind, whether you agree with this (or the concept of a three turn average) is entirely up to the voter, as with all things.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Red Dragon Wrath is better for Alex over 3 turns anyways. Wow wouldn't be potent enough to raise the damage average, because it's only a non-failure over several castings (While Vigor is a great improvement with just one).
...into the nightfall.