Author Topic: AGMT: R4, Pool 2  (Read 2561 times)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R4, Pool 2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:02:28 PM »
Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) vs AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6) - Can't really justify this one. I like them both, but I prefer Death on the Snowfield a bit more.
The Black Mages - Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy XI) vs Ys Perfect Collection - Vocal Version - Endless History (The Morning Grow) (Ys) - Ditto
Midee, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) - Twelfth Commandment is my #1 pick. Save Me is my #10 pick. Yeah.
HAGANEBUSHI - Holy Knight (Kotetsu Reiki: Steeldom) vs Azupiano - End of the World (Chrono Trigger) - Haganebushi continues to impress.

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) - And think...what am I...made of...?
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) - Overdosing Heavenly Bliss vs. Seized With Fury would have been a good fight. This? Not so much. Oh well.
La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) - Honestly, Crazy Pianist feels like the weakest track in this pool. Carmine wins easily.
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) - Violins!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:15:51 PM »
Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) vs AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6)
Just because I don't need to think about it doesn't mean this isn't a superb battle.  However this ends, Pool 9 can hold its head high.

The Black Mages - Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy XI) vs Ys Perfect Collection - Vocal Version - Endless History (The Morning Grow) (Ys)
Another good match, though they're both weaker than Death on the Snowfield.  One of two matches I needed to listen to though.

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO)
Save me from mediocrity, Twelfth Commandment!

HAGANEBUSHI - Holy Knight (Kotetsu Reiki: Steeldom) vs Azupiano - End of the World (Chrono Trigger)
A superb rendition of World End vs. something fairly generic?  Easy pick.

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series)
Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6)
No contest here either.

La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)
Oddly, I find Red Lucifer Rising too repetative. That said, it was the second match I needed to listen to.

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)
STOMP!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 02:47:52 AM »
Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) vs AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6) - This is generally a rocking pool wherein "Personal favorite" sums up the reasoning for all my votes.

The Black Mages - Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy XI) vs Ys Perfect Collection - Vocal Version - Endless History (The Morning Grow) (Ys)

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO)

HAGANEBUSHI - Holy Knight (Kotetsu Reiki: Steeldom) vs Azupiano - End of the World (Chrono Trigger)

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series)

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6)

La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »
Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) vs AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 09:28:43 PM »
Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) vs AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6): Eh.
The Black Mages - Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy XI) vs Ys Perfect Collection - Vocal Version - Endless History (The Morning Grow) (Ys): Both of these are noms. Distant Worlds is just that bit more excellent.
Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) vs SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO): Has the savior arrived at last?
HAGANEBUSHI - Holy Knight (Kotetsu Reiki: Steeldom) vs Azupiano - End of the World (Chrono Trigger): Excellent fight, most of the pool finalists are good choices.
BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) vs S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series): Pool 13 was terrible, let's get a good track out of it.
drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) vs housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6): Mm. Pool 14 was excellent, and this match is still pretty great but would have preferred roughly half the tracks in the pool over this pairing. Oh well, Seized with Fury vote it is.
La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2): What does it take for Crazy Pianist to die?
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6): Falcom punch, etc.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:03 AM »

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:23:09 AM by Talaysen »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 09:48:17 AM »
Etude for Piano in F# Minor vs Death on the Snowfield - Both need to go.
Distant Worlds vs Endless History (The Morning Grow) - Mages need to go.
The Twelfth Commandment vs Save Me - Both of these need to be gone, really.
Holy Knight vs End of the World - Both needed to be able to stay.
Big Shell West Bristol vs Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead - Bristol needs to die.
Ruined Sparkling City vs Seized With Fury - Ruined should be such. For all that Fury shouldn't be far behind it.
Crazy Pianist vs Carmine - Yeah, Pianist probably needs to go.
Silver Will vs Dancing Mad - Both are worth staying, but I'm going to have to vote against inane lengthery here.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:28:24 AM »
Results.

Kevin Stephens, trickwaters - Etude for Piano in F# Minor (Fire Emblem 1) 3
AmIEviL - Final Fantasy 3 Death on the Snowfield OC ReMix (Final Fantasy 6) 6

The Black Mages - Distant Worlds (Final Fantasy XI) 6
Ys Perfect Collection - Vocal Version - Endless History (The Morning Grow) (Ys) 3

Mideez, Prozax - The Twelfth Commandment (Final Fantasy 7) 6
SuperGreenX - Save Me (ICO) 3

HAGANEBUSHI - Holy Knight (Kotetsu Reiki: Steeldom) 4
Azupiano - End of the World (Chrono Trigger) 5

BenCousins - Metal Gear Solid 2 BigShellWestBristol OC ReMix (Metal Gear Solid 2) 4
S.S.H - Holy Orders: Be Just Or Be Dead (Guilty Gear series) 5

drammatica - The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura - Ruined Sparkling City (Legend of Mana) 3
housethegrate - Seized With Fury (Final Fantasy 6) 6

La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) 3
Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) 6

Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) 6
The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) 3
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!