imageRegister

Author Topic: RPGDL Season 48, Week 4 - Seph and Violetta re-enact Bartre vs. Snowe. Again.  (Read 2402 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Godlike

Heat (DDS) vs Chris Lightfellow (S3)
Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7)

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2)
Maya Amano (Pers2) vs Claude Kenni (SO2)

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3)
Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC)

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3)
Bartre (FE7) vs Titania (FE9)
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

Godlike

Heat (DDS) vs Chris Lightfellow (S3) - Gets physicals on the tentacles, I... guess. Failfest.

Heavy

Maya Amano (Pers2) vs Claude Kenni (SO2) - Thinking Maya Invitation To Sleep -> Dance of Protection -> outwalls from there. But unsure.

Note: Rangda, Maya's sure win persona from last time, fails here; he's got both elemental physicals and physicals. This... runs into interp issues; Rangda blocks all physicals, but not elemental weapons. So.

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3) - uuuuh
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:46:10 AM by Taishyr »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Heat (DDS) vs. Chris Lightfellow (S3) - Pure ST against Heat. That'll go over well. Heat takes -years- to kill Chris, but it's a match he essentially can't lose.
Violetta (G3) vs. Sephiroth (FF7) - Violetta is faster, but not quite enough for a 3-2 to me. Seph 2HKOs 'letta. 'letta doesn't quite. That's pretty much it.

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2) - Eh. Alicia can just stall until a Zeal double juuuuuuuust before hitting her Hallation range, then blow past. Zeal durability isn't godly or anything, and Zeal isn't constantly 3-2ing. Past that, Zeal can apply absolutely no pressure to Alicia.

Eileen (S1) vs. Sania (AtLC) - Allowing Sania's status to get a free pass against Eileen's overkill MDef when her status gets mauled by MDef in-game = particularly no. Past that, the only trick of Sania's that doesn't get utterly owned by MDef is XCryte, which gets owned by Copper Flesh instead. Eileen just outspeeds fairly noticeably, 3HKOs at worst and outright spoils Sania's stuff.

Oulan (S2) vs. Mel (S3) - Mel is just a lot less durable than Oulan, and not evasive enough.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7): Same story as before. Shadow Flare hits MEvade in game so I see it being dodged here. That + Burn Wall reduces Seph to a 4HKO, which he really can't salvage anything out of.

Heavy

Middle

Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC): Kneejerk is that she's just too fast and damaging.

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2)- Not enough Alicia damage respect here.
Maya Amano (Pers2) vs Claude Kenni (SO2)- Invitation to sleep is turn two according to the stat topic, Claude can halve status with the silver cross if you allow that kind of thing. Can't vote.

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3)- BoF5 status hits even if the attack itself misses. I think. The match hinges on that one.
Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC)- Unsure. Not really b uying the Eileen MDef hype, but it may be her fight anyway.

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Godlike

Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7)- Violetta and scythe take Sephiroth out/blar to throwing out a multi part that is plot wise the same thing.

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2)- Blar, Zeal interp issues.
Maya Amano (Pers2) vs Claude Kenni (SO2)- If Maya tries Dance of Protection->Sleep turn 1->Sleep turn 2 to get it to hit, she'll be 2HKOed since she's OHKOed without Dance of Protection. Medirama isn't cutting it, and after all that she'll have about 40% of average damage anyways.

Middle

Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC)- Eileen isn't status resistant and such.

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3)
...into the nightfall.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile

Middle

Eileen (S1)
vs Sania (AtLC) - Okay here is where the robbery could happen~

Light

Bartre (FE7) vs Titania (FE9) - Whatever Elfboy says.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Heat (DDS) vs Chris Lightfellow (S3) - Heat vs. ST.  Lulz ensue.  Longest battle since Wugui vs. Zeromus.
Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7) - I hold Sephiroth to pattern.  Violetta likes this.

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2) - Alicia stalls at above half until the double, heals, then kills.

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3) - Yeah, BoF5 status is independent of the attack.  Another match that takes forever and a day.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 04:50:29 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Godlike

Heat (DDS) vs Chris Lightfellow (S3): Regenerate's probably not blocked by SL, and that's Chris' only chance.
Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7): Same as before. Monkey and Dhyer's views that give Vio the win are both very valid, I just don't hold either. So 2HKOs and isn't 2HKOed.

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2): I'll think about this one some more, but expect it's Alicia's. Alicia will heal right before going into limit phase; Zeal needs to first force Alicia to heal then immediately double with Hallation+poke to finish her off. That's going to be tough for her, especially against somebody with a fair deal of ice resistance available.

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3): Think he 2HKOs.

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3): 3HKOs (maybe even 2?), isn't 3HKOed.
Bartre (FE7) vs Titania (FE9): "Doubles lol" was going to be my reaction, then I saw Monkey's vote and rethought: what if Bartre 2HKOs and Titania only 3HKOs? Well, Titania then still wins, because in order for Bartre to 2HKO he'll need both hits to be with a range 1 axe, so Titania is free to double Hand Axe him, not get OHKOed, counter, and kill. Or he starts with a Hand Axe, isn't 2HKOing, and Titania most certainly is 5HKOing.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Am I underrating Bartre's speed? I thought Dorcas was the really slow, doubled-by-average one.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Bartre is five points below average.

Dorcas is nine.

Maybe.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
5 points, huh. By the FE9 stat topic that's not slow enough for Titania to double. I doubt encumbrance is a factor for either dueller, so...

cool easter egg with the post counts hal

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Is if you use 3.5 as the threshold. Though yeah, I'm surprised it's as close as it is; I thought Bartre was a point slower.

Maybe.

Pyro

Godlike

Heat (DDS) vs Chris Lightfellow (S3): No DDS2 Heat yet, so abstain.
Violetta (G3) vs Sephiroth (FF7): See Dhyer.

Heavy

Queen Zeal (CT) vs Alicia (VP2): I suppose this is Alicia's. Just hurt on Zeal until before Hallation, hurt her on a double, and then just Heal up. Doesn't care about MP busting.

Middle

Lin (BoF5) vs Fred Maximilian (S3): I'm guessing his evade was good enough? Did Lin's stuff care?
Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC): FE10 made me rethink the "attacker alone defines stat save for spells" but I'll stick with it here.

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3):
Bartre (FE7) vs Titania (FE9): Not sure.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Godlike

Heavy

Maya Amano (Pers2) vs Claude Kenni (SO2) - 2x+ average damage against Maya's game worst HP and defense. ItS is too late, with or without DoP. (2HKO with, OHKO without)

Middle

Eileen (S1) vs Sania (AtLC)

Light

Oulan (S2) vs Mel (S3)

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Taishyr

Quote from: Multiple people
Tai, Sleep's round 2 you dumbass

...Wow, I'm a ditz. Completely zonked that. So yeah, Maya pretty much drops here. (I disagree with Maya having gameworst durability - Ulala only gets much Vit if she's using Priestess in game, else she's pretty much a one-stat pony. That and lol P2 DEF before buffs; the scores tend to be pretty similar at endgame, with only Ulala/Katsuya being notably away from average).

Even still, Maya can't really manage to both get ItS up, fullheal, and then wear Claude down, especially since he can null most of her good damage.