Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 43!  (Read 4837 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 43!
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »
Hmm... for Shale's match, I'm really undecided on whether or not Rikku makes it. I'd see Wren as being killed by Steal, but I think Worker 8 and Geddoe might be enough to take her out from there... If Rikku does live, though, Tidus, Rikku and Millenia should barely be able to beat the last match. We'll see.

Team Bardiche passes.

Team Djinn fails. I don't see the Miakis hype in the least. 4 points, honestly? Even with better rune twinkage, I wouldn't match her in usefulness to the other 4s.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:13:36 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »
Team Shale | Rikku, Tidus, Millenia, Rand, Mint
[Floor 9]
*Millenia has a Fairy Egg
*Rand has his Holy/Earth fusion.

*If any member loses a battle, they cannot be used in the final fight for this floor, but the rest continue on.

Millenia vs. Zera Valmar - lol zera vs. the person who makes him not get a turn in-game.
Rand and Mint vs. Deathevans and Barubary - The issue isn't so much the pressure as it is the ID. And Rand is so slow that, eventually, the hax will get to them. The damage really sucks, so they just burn out so much time that... yeah.
Tidus vs. Jecht - Um yeah. Remember when Tidus got Yuna sphere grid? That's going to make Jecht soooooooo happy.
Rikku vs. Wren, Worker 8 and Geddoe - So very brutal. W8 just eventually IDs Rikku.
Team Shale vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Kuja - Agreed with super. Shale needs three out of five to stand a chance, and he doesn't get them to me.

Team Djinn | Miakis, Arc, White Rose, Lyn
[Miakis: Fire, Water]
[Floor 2a]
Team Djinn vs. Lorenta, Jelanda, Shiho, Mystina
Team Djinn vs. FF1 Knight, FFT Knight, PC Beatrix
Team Djinn vs. FF1 Black Mage, FFT Wizard, Vivi
Team Djinn vs. Lucius, Serra, Renault and Moulder
Team Djinn vs. Lete River Ultros and Evil Gaia - Main problem: Lete River Ultros is a fucking monster dishing out solidly fast physical OHKO damage to an already somewhat busted party with more frail, non-fast people than it'd like, and EVIL GAIA SLEEP suddenly isn't so worthless when you have that sort of backup. Killing White Rose first thing in the earlier fights will end this charade in a hurry, and the lack of revival once WR drops, above everything else, will do them in.

Team Bardiche | Maxim, Tidus, Songstress, Crowley, Raja
[Floor 2b]
Team Bardiche vs. Justin and Ryudo - Songstress goes before Justin, Ryudo can't OHKO her ever.
Team Bardiche vs. Cloud, Zidane and Tidus (No Sonic Steel / Caladbolg) - Things get sorta complicated here, though. Tidus is faster than Songstress and so is Zidane. Tidus Slowgas, Zidane sleeps Songstress or whichever (still too early for storebought blockers in general, methinks?), and Cloud has Cloud statusblockers. Now, Songstress sorta gets killed next and things will go downhill.
Team Bardiche vs. Stahn, Reid and Luke - Let's assume everybody is average speed on the other side. If Songstress is alive, they scrape past. If not, they sorta burn.
Team Bardiche vs. Ashley, Virginia and Jude - However, no freaking excuses here. If you see the team in mint condition here, Virginia OHKOs Songstress with a tweaked Gatling, no ifs and buts, and Jude Assault Busters Raja into oblivion - if Songstress is dead, by now, Raja probably won't be any better, since Raja in a non-fast party vs. Tales mains tends to be ugly. Now, even assuming Maxim, Tidus and Crowley can handle things well here... well, Ashley and Jude will probably kill Crowley here, they're getting another turn with this offense.  
Team Bardiche vs. Malice Edna and Ricardo - And, of course, with a mangled team, Edna+Ricardo will just be the finishing touch to he trainwreck assuming they miraculously get past this.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:32 PM »
Team Shale | Rikku, Tidus, Millenia, Rand, Mint
[Floor 9]
*Millenia has a Fairy Egg
*Rand has his Holy/Earth fusion.

*If any member loses a battle, they cannot be used in the final fight for this floor, but the rest continue on.
Millenia vs. Zera Valmar - This happens endgame, with an endgame Millenia.  Lols ensue.
Rand and Mint vs. Deathevans and Barubary - WAAAAAAAY too much pressure for a low-offense team (with Rand's epic slowness) already facing BoF bosses (even if BoF2, rather than BoF1).  This is painful.
Tidus vs. Jecht - Yeah, I don't see it.  Even with postgame Tidus, it seems as if he doesn't get anything special on the sphere grid for the Dungeon from what I've read.  This is painful.
Rikku vs. Wren, Worker 8 and Geddoe - If she sets up Reflect, the bots rape her and Geddoe beats her down.  If she hastes, she gets vaporized.  Thus, she HAS to ID a bot.  Assuming she IDs Wren, that leaves W8 smacking with Crush and Geddoe HoR...you know what?  She's just not going to live. 

[EDIT] In light of this news, Geddoe's not magicing, thank god for her.  However...she IS getting hammered pretty damn hard each round anyway: Crush+Geddoe Physical (or Positron+Geddoe Physical) puts her in the red, and I'm not sure which of her items provide any better healing than the reportedly crappy-at-this-point Al Bhed Potions...However, it might not matter because...
Team Shale Millenia (and possibly Rikku) vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Kuja ...Do I -need- to explain at this point?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 01:34:21 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 12:08:11 AM »
TTidus vs. Jecht - Yeah, I don't see it.  Even with postgame Tidus, it seems as if he doesn't get anything special on the sphere grid.  This is painful.

He got Yuna's entire grid a floor before. That's not "doesn't get anything special". Doesn't change the team's outcome, but just pointing things out.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
People.

Rikku gets Lightning immunity. Geddoe's doing nothing more than sword whacks.

This probably doesn't change people's minds, but I'm throwing this out there. (She has issues with W8 to me, and I need to think on that match.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 12:39:57 AM »
Geddoe's sword attacks are pretty bad news combined with any other damage. Yes, they don't win Heavy matches, but 3HKO damage with a small yet significant chance of paralysis adds up quickly if Rikku is busy defending herself from someone else.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 12:47:34 AM »
On Shale, since I still haven't voted on his team yet:

Brutal floor. Millenia hype is well-deserved, so I'll buy that she passes. Rikku likes my half-full Limit meter interp, giving her the chance to stall long enough to Overdrive her way to victory. Tidus... well, I'm not sure about Talk hype, but if there was ever a situation where it would matter, it's here... I think it would really strain his resources even if he DOES manage to get past Jecht, so I'm not sure how helpful he would be in the final fight.

It's iffy, but I'll err on the positive side. Shale passes.

Talk-hype... wow.

-Djinn

Taishyr

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:34 AM »
They managed to pull 3HKO? Huh, coulda sworn they were far lower than that, DL-wise.