Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 46  (Read 1837 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 46
« on: January 22, 2009, 07:37:45 PM »

Congratulations. Let us see if you can continue this winning streak or not, hm...?

Team Bardiche vs. Floor 4
Team Grefter, Nephrite and Consonant vs. Floor 2

-------------------------------------------------------------

Team Bardiche's Matches

Floor 5b: Something Completely Different (After Midgame)

Hoh... you want to try something else? Fine, then. Let's see how you like this.

Battle #21: Xenosaga 3 Junior, MOMO and Shion

Jr: You can't beat us.
MOMO: Let's go!
Shion: A... all right!

Battle #22: FFT Cloud and FFT: LW Argath

Cloud: Uh... this is weird... Either way, I'll defeat you all.
Argath: HA HA HA! YOU CAN'T DEFEAT THE MIGHTY POWER OF ARGATH!!!

Battle #23: VP2 Brahms, VP2 Hrist and VP2 Lenneth

Hrist: Hah... you foolish mortals, I will show you the divine power of the Valkyries.
Brahms: As much as I loathe to fight on your side... just this once!
Lenneth: It shall be engraved upon your soul!

Battle #24: Castle Exdeath

Exdeath: Ha ha ha... you will die here.

Boss Battle #5: Narshe Kefka and Lufia 3 Gades

Kefka: Hahahaha! You cannot even possibly HOPE to defeat me!
Gades: Frue Destruction...? Ha...

Team Grefter's Matches

Floor 3a: Singles (Before Midgame)

Any MT is now ST and can be targetted like normal Single spells or abilities.

Battle #11: Flik

Flik: You all can't even hope to compare to me.

Battle #12: Ryu2 and Deis2

Deis: Hohoho... You wish to delve deeper into the secrets of this place? You may not like what you find...
Ryu: ....

Battle #13: Aeonless Yuna and Rydia

Yuna: I may not be able to summon any longer, but that won't stop us.
Rydia: I can still summon. Don't worry!

Battle #14: Demi and Wren

Demi: I apologize, but I cannot allow you to pass.
Wren: We shall fight you until the bitter end. Do not resist.

Boss Battle #3: Berserk

Berserk: Ha ha ha! You wish to challenge me? Die!

Team Consonant and Nephrite's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiples (Before Midgame)

So you want to try multiple foes? Let's see how you like this, then!

*All ST is MT for this floor. ALL of it.

Battle #11: Eirika

Eirika: I will not give up... not for any reason!

Battle #12: FFT Chemist, Samurai and Mediator

Chemist: Potions!
Samurai: AIYAI!
Mediator: Let's go have a talk...

Battle #13: Tidus and Auron

Tidus: Heh heh, this is still my st--
Auron: Enough!!

Battle #14: Nina4 and Yulie

Lilka: I'm sorry, but you won't pass us.
Yulie: That's correct...

Boss Battle #3: Alma, Ramza and Zalbag

Alma: Brothers... Let us fight.
Ramza: Of course, Alma!!
Zalbag: We won't let them defeat us.

---------------------------------------------

Team Bardiche | Maxim, Tidus, Songstress, Crowley, Raja
[Floor 5b]
Team Bardiche vs. XS3 Jr., XS3 MOMO and XS3 Shion
Team Bardiche vs. FFT Cloud and FFT:LW Argath
Team Bardiche vs. VP2 Brahms, VP2 Hrist and VP2 Lenneth
Team Bardiche vs. Castle Exdeath
Team Bardiche vs. Narshe Kefka and L3 Gades

Team Consonant | Rika, Arc, Lilka, DoS White Wizard, Moulder
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Consonant vs. Eirika
Team Consonant vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Mediator and FFT Samurai
Team Consonant vs. Tidus and Auron
Team Consonant vs. Nina4 and Yulie
Team Consonant vs. Alma, Ramza and Zalbag

Team Grefter | Tir, Yuna, FFT White Wizard, Hellion, Raja
[Floor 3a]
*All MT is ST and targetable
Team Grefter vs. Flik
Team Grefter vs. Ryu2 and Deis2
Team Grefter vs. Aeonless Yuna and Rydia
Team Grefter vs. Demi and Wren
Team Grefter vs. Berserk

Team Nephrite | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Nephrite vs. Eirika
Team Nephrite vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Mediator and FFT Samurai
Team Nephrite vs. Tidus and Auron
Team Nephrite vs. Nina4 and Yulie
Team Nephrite vs. Alma, Ramza and Zalbag

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 46
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
Team Nephrite | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Nephrite vs. Eirika
Team Nephrite vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Mediator and FFT Samurai- TimeLord on this floor is horrifying.
Team Nephrite vs. Tidus and Auron- T and A can't make anything stick here.
Team Nephrite vs. Nina4 and Yulie-  MT Time Twister is pain.
Team Nephrite vs. Alma, Ramza and Zalbag- Overdrive. 

Edit: Grefter passes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:13:23 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:55:34 AM »
Team Consonant | Rika, Arc, Lilka, DoS White Wizard, Moulder
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Consonant vs. Eirika - Weak Enemy'd Eirika isn't much of a threat
Team Consonant vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Mediator and FFT Samurai - Bust the enemy's speed while having Lilka Quick my team as often as possible.  Seems like the best way to prevent my team from being turned into chickens.
Team Consonant vs. Tidus and Auron - Unless I'm mistaken, Tidus can be Elim'd!  Go him.  Undo the damage from the initial whoring, then take care of Auron.
Team Consonant vs. Nina4 and Yulie - Thinking that Weak Enemy, Quick, and having more resources in general gets my team through this.
Team Consonant vs. Alma, Ramza and Zalbag - Rika Illusions the enemy team, Lilka casts Quick as often as possible, Moulder takes advantage of the fact that Mend staves are MT on this floor.

Team Nephrite passes.  TimeLord on the MT floor.

Team Grefter passes easily.

Still chewing on Team Bardiche.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:48:29 AM by Random Consonant »

Taishyr

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
Neph passes in an utter (s)laughter.
Grefter snickers at his floor unless I'm terribly mistaken, nothing has enough offense to down his three revivers fast enough and Tir makes mincemeat of a lot of the floor.

Thinking on Consonant, final fight might get brutal? Or Weak Enemy might just break it. Iunno yet.
Ditto Bardiche, need to know more about Songstress but I'm lazy.

Summary:
Neph, Grefter pass.
Unsure on Random Consonant, Bardiche.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:04:25 AM »
Team Grefter wins in a horrible horrible slaughter.  The main requirement for beating the MT->ST floor is redundant revival, which would win the floor for Grefter anyway, but he also has Tir doing things like IDing Yuna before she can even go anyway.  

Team Consonant wins as well because Rika is still cheaty.  Illusion probably ends most of the fights even ignoring ID.  The only tricky fights look to be the FFT fights, and Arc2 has Weak Enemy by now, right?  Spamming MTed Weak Enemy ensures that any stalling game fails.

Looks like you need to know Saga to vote on team Nephrite.

[Floor 5b]
Team Bardiche vs. XS3 Jr., XS3 MOMO and XS3 Shion - Okay this match is somewhat headachey on character order.  Tidus definitely has Slowga by now, and probably has Hastega as well?  I'm assuming so, and this match has a lot of "Tidus casts some speed spell, the team dispels it," which makes for some confusing turn splits.

Apparently Silence utterly turns off Songstress, and Jr. is extremely fast so even Tidus's initial Hastega won't help that.  Maxim apparently has no status cure-all spell and can only get Poison/Paralyze/Sleep according to super.  Also for some odd reason it's not listed in the stat topic but Shion has Disengage (MT enemy buff dispel) so she can blow away Tidus's Hastega.  She also has Refresh (MT team debuff dispel) for Slowga (Jr. has Refresh too), but Tidus is getting more turns than Shion is, so Tidus still gets some benefit from spamming them (if nothing else denying Shion turns).  So yeah, Tidus Hastegas, Jr. Mistys Songstress, Maxim does something (attack MOMO?), Crowley uses a MT Wind attack, Raja...  checking, okay, XS3 has a storebought Silence-blocker, so team Silence is a no-go.  And it seems Raja has no status healing either for the Songstress?  Guess he just attacks?  Shion Disengages/Reverts, but she probably really needs to heal MOMO too at this point.  MOMO would love to Blood Dancer so she can blow everyone into bloody chunks next round, but has to Abyss Walker instead.  Maxim's magic tended to be wussier than his attacks is my recollection, and Tidus can't do much to her now, though Crowley & Raja are still a threat.  Jr. Mistys Crowley.  Maxim casts attack magic at MOMO.  I'm not sure what exactly MOMO's HP is at, but she's taken a Maxim physical, a Maxim spell, a Crowley spell, and a Raja attack.  This is not great damage, but MOMO's HP and defense are bad (~75% PCHP) or so.  Let's assume that MOMO dies from Maxim's spell (if she lives, she heals herself, Jr. continues Mistying the team out, and Team Bardiche loses).  Shion concedes Tidus's latest speed buff, but uses Phantom Fly for perfect evasion instead.  Raja does whatever.  Jr. uses Phantom Fly as well.  At this point the XS3 team surely has a boost bar built up for emergency use, and Bardiche offense fails hardcore as it's Maxim spells that can only do damage and Shion has good team healing.  Actually maybe the team just does this earlier after Jr. Mistys Crowley.

Note: super says that FFX-2 might be able to block Silence?  If so this battle changes a lot, probably to a Bardiche victory since XS3 doesn't have sleep and the all-status blocker is of extremely questionable legality (it's prohibitively expensive).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:06:32 AM by SnowFire »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:41:42 AM »
I'm not even positive that Silence stops Songtress's dances even if she -is- mute...

Not sure I'd see Jr. as faster than Tidus, but I'm no XS3 expert.

If Bardiche manages to get through the first fight, I think the team might be able to make it. Songstress status-whoring shuts down the PCs fights. Castle Exdeath probably gets owned by Tidus' speed game. Hmm... Kefka/L3 Gades might be worth analyzing deeper. L3 Gades was pretty frightening. Tidus' speed game helps, but I'm not sure Bardiche's team has the damage to take the bosses down before one of his teammates falls. And once he's down one member, his damage output just drops too quickly... If he loses Raja, then Maxim has to go on healing duty, and there's no one left pummelling the bosses... Not sure even Hastega/Slowga combo gets the team enough turns to KO these ridiculously durable guys...

Nephrite destroys worlds. Pass

Grefter's team handles the ST floor with his plentiful revivers. Pass.

Consonant... Hmm... I -do- have high Weak Enemy respect, and it seems to be the key here. Pass.

Bardiche

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 01:44:08 AM »
I randomly selected the floor so I have no idea I set myself up for losing here. Haha.

Tidus got Hastega/Slowga before this floor even, but yeah, he basically has it. Crowley still has Shining Wind for high MT Damage and Healing, which I suppose might help out if the enemy is high on the offensive, but from what I gather from you they're... not? ... eh.

All other teams pass. Not sure on mine yet.

--->

I wonder what kind of Rages Maxim has access to by after-midgame. -completely forgot-

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:44 AM »
EDIT: All pass. As for Bardiche's match, I'm still not convinced on the Hastega/Slowga hype, but the arguments I've been presented with seem to make sense, so he passes as well.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:42:49 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:04 AM »
Well all that turned out to be irrelevant as X-2 does apparently have a storebought Silenceblocker.  Djinn, yes Silence does in fact turn off both Sing and Dance, but it apparently doesn't really matter.  Also in my original writeup, it makes more sense for MOMO to just heal herself in the first round rather than cast Abyss Walker, so unless Maxim physical + Crowley magic KOs MOMO, it's even worse for Bardiche...  assuming no Songstress silence-blocker.  Which isn't actually true.

Anyway I'm not sure there's anyway to stop Songstress from doing something dirty and horrible here.  With Tidus's Initiative Hastega, Songstress will be getting a turn before Shion and MOMO can try and break her, and even if Jr./Shion/MOMO got their turns first, they'd have to abandon everything else to break her turn 1 (killing is no good since she'd just be revived).  This would give Tidus time to get the Hastega/Slowga combo going, and that'd pretty much be game.

Edit: So...
[Floor 5b]
Team Bardiche vs. XS3 Jr., XS3 MOMO and XS3 Shion - See above, no way to really handle Songstress despite theoretically being better stallers.
Team Bardiche vs. FFT Cloud and FFT:LW Argath - Argath only blocks Slow, so he's bait for the Songstress.  However the team absolutely wants to kill Cloud ASAP lest they risk Raja getting permanently stoned (hey, 1/3 chance of that), and I believe he can block Stop/Slow/Sleep at the same time.  I give Cloud a level penalty myself, so Hastega -> Maxim hit + Tidus hit + Crowley damage probably does it.  The team is starting to hurt a bit on damage though now, although they're better if Maxim can work up an IP.
Team Bardiche vs. VP2 Brahms, VP2 Hrist and VP2 Lenneth - The team probably eats Songstress Stop here if you consider VP2 characters average speed and unable to act until their turn.  If you see VP2 characters as starting with 0 AP and just that they generally want to wait for 100 AP, then Lenneth probably casts Reflect Sorcery and makes this somewhat interesting, but as is only boss Hrist remains.  I don't think Bardiche's team can evade her limit, but it doesn't matter as they can kill the Stopped characters, then switch to the HP-doubling dance to survive her Soul Crush.
Team Bardiche vs. Castle Exdeath - Tidus Hastes the team, Songstress does her HP-doubling dance.  It takes forever but I think Bardiche slooooooowly grinds it out here as his healers are just getting too many turns.  Fire3 + Vaccum Wave probably wipes out even an HP-doubled Raja, but Hasted Maxim just keeps on reviving him, and possibly healing them if he already has a double lined up?  I think Maxim's MP reserves were pretty awesome, so he can do this for awhile as Tidus and Crowley chip away.  On the downside the team's MP is probably somewhat drained for the next fight as I'm not sure Raja is really getting turns to use Ataraxia in the second half of the fight.

Team Bardiche vs. Narshe Kefka and L3 Gades - Tidus hastes as usual.  Maxim starts beating on Kefka, as does Tidus.  Crowley casts some magical attack.  I think Songstress goes before Kefka, actually?  This allows her to HP double, which means....  uh Ice2 is doing almost exactly her new HP I think.  ~140% or thereabouts, as she has bad MDef.  Call it a survival check.  Alternatively Kefka could try and confuse someone.

If Songstress survives Ice2, then Raja conveniently heals her immediately afterward.  Gades kills someone who can't immune poison, but Maxim just revives them next round and Kefka tries again to kill Songstress, but it's probably too late at this point.  Once Kefka dies the fight is easily controllable by two revivers (and Raja's Dark-killing spells probably kick in for added humor against Gades).

If Kefka goes for confusion against someone non-Raja, Raja taps them.  If he goes for Raja...  Raja probably does something irrelevant (but might do something neat like heal Kefka).  Maxim can probably block Poison by Floor 5, so Gades kills someone, probably Crowley.  Tidus taps Raja, Maxim revives, most of the team is still Hasted, Bardiche wins.

If Songstress dies to Ice2, things get interesting.  HP-doubling gets turned off.  Raja revives Songstress, who isn't Hasted anymore.  Gades kills Raja.  Tidus attacks Kefka, Maxim revives Raja, Crowley Shining Winds, Kefka flattens a non-HP-doubled Maxim, Tidus is probably sneaking in more attacks on Kefka here and there, Songstress re-institutes HP-doubling, Raja revives Maxim, Gades re-kills Raja...  something like that.  But yeah, while Maxim-Songstress-Raja-Crowley are playing the revive each other and heal dance a Hasted Tidus is cutting away and is backed by Crowley's damage and Maxim's initial hit.  And while Tidus's damage is not great by this point, Narshe Kefka is apparently pretty frail against physicals, so it looks like Team Bardiche gets a pass even in the bad luck case.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:47:15 AM by SnowFire »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »
Teams Grefter and Nephrite pass

Abstain on Consonant and as for Bard ... hrmmm. Songstress HP doubling doesn't heal HP to the new total btw irrc just doubles it and % healing after that. Could be wrong though >.>
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:42:17 PM »
Abstain on Bard. Lac of both XS3 and L3, and too sick/lazy to stat topic things atm.

Weak Enemy respect kicking in, Consonant passes.

Neph and Gref pass without effort.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 08:23:40 PM »
For Team Bard: Can Crowley or Raja cure status?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Bardiche

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »
If Raja has Regen by now, then yes. (I suppose it can also be used on living targets, but I totally picked Raja just for the support hype)

As far as I recall the Cyclone Rune's Healing Wind doesn't cure status. You need Water Runes for that, so bust on Crowley unless someone feels like correcting me. //edit: man, Water Runes only heal full status at max level Flowing, so yeah, I don't think Healing Wind cures status any doozy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:56:47 PM by Bardiche »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 09:40:45 PM »
Regen I'd peg as floor 6. Mmm.

Tenative pass to team Bard. Maxim can restore MP with IPs at this point (Silver Mail), which he definitely wants to be doing. TEam otherwise can just revive swarm the floor, there isn't enough status here to deal with. Snowfire covered why they get past the first fight.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:47:10 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
All pass

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 01:34:49 AM »
Regen is just six levels above Raja's base, so I'd say he has it for Floor 5. Nasar's the only spell of his I'd see as Floor 6.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Taishyr

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
Revising my votes.

All pass; I'm convinced Bardiche manages it if he passes that first fight, Consonant's close but good enough.