Author Topic: Season 49, Week 5  (Read 2354 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Season 49, Week 5
« on: February 21, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »
Godlike
Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT)

Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3)

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3)

Light
Anna (PS 2) vs Cleo (S1)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:14:11 PM by superaielman »
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 49, Week 6
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »
Godlike
Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT)- Damn you Ghaleon. Was hoping FA would be the champ here. Anyways, Lavos throws away his first turn, which really doesn't help him here.

Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3)- 70% Healing isn't so good in this case.

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3)- Kornell+Fist smash. Granted, Kornell may well do it with just the moves the fist gives him thanks to Wow!

Light
Anna (PS 2) vs Cleo (S1)- Probably doesn't even need the rune.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »
Godlike

Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT) - Yep.

Heavy

Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3) - Id fails to OHKO, fails to insta-lap and gets OHKOed himself. He really needed more damage to actually work as a Jeremy-like.

Middle

Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3) - Marle ain't outhealing Kornell with -that- damage.

Light

Anna (PS 2) vs Cleo (S1) - Dhyer... may well be right. Cleo's faster, the evade gives Anna fits and Anna durability is pretty crappy (probably crappy enough for Cleo to average a 3HKO off her physical). Both are 3HKOing each other, in this case, which makes the math simple. With the Fire Rune, this is just a laugher.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:15:01 PM »
Seconding everything Dhyer said because I am lazy and because he is pretty much right.

I also feel it necessary to point out that this is week 5, not week 6.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 49, Week 5
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
Kornell and Anna. Unsure on Godlike, need to look up Lavos in some detail for that.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »
*waves Nel flag* Based on from what I've heard Divine Wrath Nel with max hits should ream Id~ I allow max hits for all SO3 skills so yeah.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »
Godlike
Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT): Open to arguments, but I can't think of many Lavos interps that actually win here.

Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3): Not really sure. Depends on a number of factors. Certainly Nel's easiest path to victory is OHKOing. Tide brought up that Whirlwind could be seeing as disrupting attempts to chain melee attacks, but then Nel would need to avoid a 3HKO from individual deathblows, which... well, average does to me, but I think Nel was a bit below. I'll turn this one over a bit.

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3): Vote on Kornell 1 with no fist. Don't think he has the oomph for this.

Light
Anna (PS 2) vs Cleo (S1): In case there's any doubt, Cleo 3HKOs average with her physical.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:27 PM »
Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO3) Id's faster, to me.  And I'm seeing Nel as getting 2HKOed by that double deathblow.  Nel does not like this.

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3) Yeah.  Marle gets BUSTERed.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »
Godlike
Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT) - My Lavos respect is fairly high, but Ghaleon is mostly area target / multitarget which messes with Lavos pretty well.

Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3) - Sure Id is faster and 2HKOs, but Nel probably just OHKOs Id.  Also general Id disrespect in-game means I'm not likely to tiebreak for him when it's close (as I can see saying Nel doesn't OHKO).

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3) - Flattens Marle before she gets a turn with Buster + Megaton Punch.  Alternately, if you don't let Kornell have his double actions, WOW! then OHKO with Buster.  Marle has game-worst HP and Defense, and mathing it out it's a pretty solid OHKO.

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »
Ghaleon takes the championship with ease. Can someone explain to me how Nel takes out Id in one round.....it just aint happening. Id rapes her in every way possiblem hp, damage, defense....every other category as well.
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
Same thing as always: bosses aren't automatically tanks just because they are bosses. Id has horrible HP - 3000 HP against a damage average that hovers on the 600 area effectively means that, at stat topic figures, he gets 5HKOed by average damage in-game (less than two party turns!), and it only gets worse if you take less generous stances than Dhyer's. Not to mention his defense is below average (although it doesn't seem that relevant), which doesn't help at all.

tl;dr, unless you don't scale boss HP at all, Id is horrendously frail, and a harsher boss HP scaling method can reasonably see him OHKOed by Nel with relative ease.

EDIT: Also, just for giggles, I might want to add that, if you don't scale numbers -at all-, ignoring relativity, Nel crushes Id for raw HP and damage, but that's SO3 curves in general being silly and liking four-five digit values, and in this case, Id would be a Light while Nel would be a shatteringly brutal Godlike. >_> Not to mention the idea would be sorta stupid anyway. <_<
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 01:34:35 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »
I think that Id's evasion probably saves him against the OHKO to me, but he does have about 70% PC HP, which definetely is not good.
...into the nightfall.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »
Ghaleon, Id, and Kornell. None of them are close.

*punts Light*

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »
Not that I can vote on any of these, but I'm rooting for Ghaleon, Nel, and Cleo.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »
Damn it, I really wanted Lavos to champ, but I can't rightly vote against Ghaleon here. -_-

Godlike
Ghaleon (Lunar) vs Lavos (CT)

Heavy
Id (XG) vs Nel (SO 3) - Ehh... not sure, Id respect is high, but I acknowledge that he's pretty damn frail. Probably leaning Nel.

Middle
Marle (CT) vs Kornell (G3) - Buster.

Light
Anna (PS 2) vs Cleo (S1) - Can't vote, but lol @ Cleo winning with physicals.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:02:23 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »
What Jo'ou said. Bosses having more HP and DEF than PCs often doesn't mean squat especially with scaling factored in so Nel doesn't really care about Id's durability (she and other SO3 characters can solo bosses in game and SO3 boss HP grows to obscene levels) As for damage not much crushes Nel in damage, she's one of the top powerhouses in SO3 (Maria, Cliff, Peppita, Nel) *and* she translates that to the DL very well.

Tide brought up that Whirlwind could be seeing as disrupting attempts to chain melee attacks, but then Nel would need to avoid a 3HKO from individual deathblows, which... well, average does to me, but I think Nel was a bit below.

That's a nice idea because an interesting and rather hax thing about Whirlwind is that Nel can attach passives like Increase HP damage, Increase MP damage, Stun, etc to the WW blades with her melee attacks. So if you allow it chances are  WW w/th Stun could keep ID locked. Depends on Stun profiency level - it needs to be high. Incidentally so does WW, it doesn't last long at L1 ;p
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"