Author Topic: In game use week 3: Yuri everywhere in Godlike.  (Read 3588 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: In game use week 3: Yuri everywhere in Godlike.
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 06:14:06 AM »
Shania (SH3) vs Guv (DQ8)- Shania isn't that impressive all things considering and I frown on such things as taking off clothes to transform, as I don't like it and she's fugly. Guv meanwhile has Call team where he can summon the unkillable damage god Mazan. Mazan > Yuri1, Yuri2, Shania and everyone else that exists in SH games.

Just because no one's commented on it, this neither is who is hotter or who is less likely to strip. Although tis madness for you bring up the issue of fugliness in a match with a Toriyama character and direct it at the other one!

Citan Uzuki (XG) vs Revya (SN)- The very structuring of the game is designed to make Revya ridiculous. This carries into things like being an unrankable Bluelike DL wise!

Heavy:

Serge (CC) vs Nina (BoF4)
Shania (SH3) vs Guv (DQ8)- Shania carves out a great niche early (Arc caster before you can get them really. Feels about equal to Yuri 2's main draw, which was the physical buffing->beatdowns), and late game she has that killer accessory, the For Everyone clone, etc...I'd agree that she's overall about equal to Yuri 2, even if I don't think Yuri 2 is a great Godlike (Granted...Shania benefits in this tournament both my being in a harder game, and by much of in game competition feeling notably worse than Yuri 2's, so I do think I'd see her as better).
Flik (S1) vs X (MMXCM)
Hugo (S3) vs Terra Branford (FF6)

Middle:

Albert Serdio (LoD) vs Johnny (SH3)- Yeah, runs around a good 40% of the game with about double the physical damage of basically everyone else.
Guy (TotA) vs Fei Wong Fong (XG)- Fei...does he have below average strength? Without looking at the topic, he may indeed. Pool with a shitty ass spell pool, and foot Fei may be the most lackluster main I can think of in game overall.
Bowser (SMRPG) Vs Marivel Armitage (WA2)
Vitali (SN) vs Lilly (S3)- SN PCs who aren't Pinot tend to be beasts.

Light:

Genis Sage (ToS) vs Goto (MK2)- I'm torn here...but I suppose ToS has some enemies with great defense that make Genis...theoretically good? I don't know, for most of the game, Raine works more than well enough for magic damage if it's really needed (Genis...spikes with 1 or 2 spells. So slow). Goto...is only good because his game has switching and sometimes other characters need to be subbed out. Complete trash on his own merits basically all game, and the only one of 10 characters who has that distinction. If I'd be voting for Goto, I'd only really be voting for MK 2 PCs as a theoretical idea...Nina 3>both these to me.
Claude (SF2) vs Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
Duran (SD3) Vs Hanako (Disgaea 2)- Hell no, Hanako is not better than Nina 3. A wow, a monster with 20% Disgaea buffs that start to wear off quickly with Disgaea stats generally being among the worst in RPGs, with basically no damage or durability!

Onix:

Nina (BoF3) vs  Sneff (CC)- Nina has fast cheap MT. At the least, she makes a good random slayer if you just want the game to end (As...I did in BoF 3).
Malak Galthana (FFT) Vs Taloon (DQ4)
Noel Chandler (SO2) vs Mime (FFT)
Jagen (FE1) vs Maria (On foot, XG)- Can't vote on Jagen, but Maria is a straight up liability with absolutely no steady damage on foot.
...into the nightfall.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 04:56:11 AM »
Heavy:

Hugo (S3) vs Terra Branford (FF6): Tough one that I'll hand to Hugo for standing out more in-game. Er... I mean... uh... Has the better mount!

Light:

Cyan Garamonde (FF6) vs Nidoqueen (RBY): Better English.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
Although tis madness for you bring up the issue of fugliness in a match with a Toriyama character and direct it at the other one!

Then you can imagine how fugly I think Shania is for her to be worse. Anyway my distaste in her colours my view on this slightly but it doesn't matter as Guv is better anyway.
Dishing out massive free damage in a hard game is worth more then being above average in an easy one.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
Updating tomorrow.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
Although tis madness for you bring up the issue of fugliness in a match with a Toriyama character and direct it at the other one!

Then you can imagine how fugly I think Shania is for her to be worse. Anyway my distaste in her colours my view on this slightly but it doesn't matter as Guv is better anyway.
Dishing out massive free damage in a hard game is worth more then being above average in an easy one.

That applies more to Guv than Shania anyway. DQ8 is quite noticeably easier than SH3.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
I found DQ8 to be much harder then SH3 personally. Dhoulmagus and D-lord kicked my arse several times before I beat them. In SH3 no such thing ever happened at any point, even the super boss didn't pose much challange.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »
And I found both Dhouly and Rhappy (can't say for DQ8 aftergame, I had enough of the game for a lifetime after beating the maingame) wusses while suffering a few resets here and there in SH3. Mileage, variance, etc.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....