Register

Author Topic: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the world - SCUM WIN  (Read 14967 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the world - SCUM WIN
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2009, 04:48:03 AM »
Night actions:
Rorschach killed Hooded Justice
Comedian Roleblocked Hollis
Hollis Watched Comedian [fail]
Dan Watched Hollis
Carnage killed Rorschach
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Re: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the beginning of the end
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2009, 05:01:26 AM »
Nite Owl II has been modkilled due to inactivity.
The scoreboard has been reset.

With 5 alive, 3 votes are needed for majority lynch.

21 hours remain.

This is why Nietz and I didn't scumhammer. After the modkill, all votes were reset to 0. Hollis didn't actually need to unvote Ozy when he did.

*victory dance*

Not that it was actually all that hard, what with the insane Town lurkage going on.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2009, 05:15:48 AM »
...oh.

Reading comprehension: Good!

Nice role-playing, though.  You & Alex's Manhattan definitely did a good job there.  Cid had Rorschach nailed pretty well, too.  It was a fun game all-around.

I will say that a Vigilante in a 9-player game...  I suppose good to have very occasionally, just to keep people honest about not making assumptions, but definitely not something to do very often as it speeds things up too much.  And losing our Vig after 1 night was about the worst of all possible outcomes - if Cid had survived, then shot someone else, we'd have had a decent shot of making it to Day 3.  Though maybe not, thanks to the Comedian's roleblocking, if Cid had promptly claimed responsibility for his vig and then gotten roleblocked.

If I hadn't been roleblocked, would I have seen anything on the Comedian?  As in, would I still have gotten nothing, or would I have gotten a "The Comedian isn't around" message to indicate he had some active role?  I was assuming that not-targeted = nothing, and I didn't realize that I was role-blocked anyway.

EDIT: For what it's worth, that was my stupidity for the missing post that Taishyr ate, I'd posted as SnowFire.  Dunno if anyone saw it in time, but it basically pointed out that we were way past hammer and Manhattan hadn't roleclaimed and argh.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:21:03 AM by SnowFire »

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2009, 05:28:10 AM »
Uh.. not sure. I'd have to check the rules for Watcher for that one. If it's as you said it might, it may have been a big town advantage.

Oh yeah Cid's roleplaying was excellent too, forgot about that. Pretty good all round.

Originally the game was for 13 people, but I decided to leave the vig in. It was bad luck for town that he made it even numbers, so kind of good luck that Dan timed out; no idea where that guy went, he's new so.. who knows.

I thought Rat was going to win this day after picking Dan/Carnage, I reckon it came close, and Comedian pulled it through there. WD Strago ^^

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2009, 05:53:14 AM »
I think Rat asked about this in chat, so: killing HJ night one was just a shot in the dark. I knew, objectively, that the best thing to do in a game this small was not use vig power at all (for reasons amply demonstrated when I did actually use it. >.>) However, I hadn't had an active power role in a game for a long time, and had never drawn vig before, so I wanted to do something.

Given that I was already acting against my better judgement, it shouldn't be much surprise that logic also went out the window in choosing a target. It was mostly just a crazy hunch--HJ was extremely terse day one, also helped start up the Manhattan train then disappeared while other people finished it. Pretty much just ran with that. If I'd gone for anyone else, it would've been Dreiberg. Which probably wouldn't have made a lot of difference.

All of this illustrates quite well why I stopped paying attention to hunches/instincts in the first place: mine are always wrong.

Gotta say though, I didn't expect to be nightkilled. Didn't think I'd contributed anything of note day one and I probably had the flimsiest reason for voting Manhattan. Figured scum would keep me around for a mislynch later.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »
Dammit, Fire! I was damn sure you were scum, and I have no real idea why now. XD Your posts really did just seem like the typical arguments scum would make to convince town. I didn't go with that, of course, until you and Rat started sayin' the same sort of things, so I decided to make that case. Before that, I was pretty much ignoring that idea (although I did mention it a few times, just to clarify that it was there but being ignored).

Strago... Congrats. I'm amazed - you were only mildly below Rat in my books, and I was pretty damn convinced that he was town.

I wish I'd been around for the deadline! I majorly misjudged that - thought we had an extra day - and so didn't place a vote on Carnage like I said I would. I'm wondering how things would've played out if I had, though - I'm guessing Rat would've placed the second vote... Fire, would you have followed that up? (Strago probably would've, actually, for the act. Which would have made him even less suspicious for the next day. And probably would've ended in me going anyway. Pah.)

Bardiche

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »
The game sort of slipped my mind the entire time. Then I realised I was playing and was like, "Oh damn, what was HJ's password again?"

Sorry for my major lurkage, town. Guess that wasn't smart of me, since it made our vig waste the one shot he could get on me. :V

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Eh. If not you, Bard, I would've wasted it on someone else. Best thing I could've done was to do nothing (how very appropriate for Watchmen).

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2009, 11:51:51 PM »
Yoshi: Don't feel too bad about that.  Town was barking up the wrong tree in general - I was attacking Ozy, you were attacking me, and Ozy had conceded that he didn't even think Carnage was scum, but rather that we should kill him just to make sure (the "One of Dreiberg, Carnage, and me was probably scum, and I know I'm not scum, so let's lynch Carnage to make sure" argument).  I was falsely thinking that only one of the Ozy / Dreiberg pair was likely scum, and that if Carnage was scum than Dreiberg was his likely partner, thus we we were already safe for Day 3 in that case due to having killed Dreiberg.

But yeah, in retrospect, I cast the killing vote - if I'd gone with the Carnage lynch, the three of us would have lynched Carnage.  No clue what would have happened Day 3 in that case anyway, as Strago's Comedian had played well.  As I noted before, I'd TOTALLY FALSELY cleared the possibility of a Carnage/Comedian scumteam, which is why I felt safe voting for you.  At that point I felt that you and Carnage were equally palatable lynches for "content I don't find helpful," and the false fact that at least one of Carnage/Comedian was town made me feel better about it.

Of course in a sense, we got "lucky" that Dreiberg was modkilled.  If he had showed up, then we would have lynched one of him or Carthrat for sure, and then town would have been done.  So...  yeah, town had trouble, it was only thanks to the modkill we had a shot at all.

Good game.  Scum did a very nice job, and we town can console ourselves that we only had 2 lynches to work with.

Nietz

• Denizen
  • Normal Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2009, 02:07:04 AM »
Well, that was a pretty short game, too bad we couldn't get more people playing. The roleplay was great though, I really felt bad about having to take people off the game because it was so amusing. If knew it would turn out like that I would have tried to pick up a character with a little more background, but then again, I just wanted to be "original".

Strago did a great game, both in RP and scum play. Carth's plan of lynching me was very good, and I was even accepting it and trying to set up my own lynch so it would leave the Comedian in a good position for Day 3.   

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2009, 05:06:35 AM »
Yeah the roleplaying was great fun to read, it was sad to see people get killed off. Maybe we could play this theme again sometime.