Register

Author Topic: Season 56, Week 3 - Where Oswin longingly wishes for a Laggy Emblem hack.  (Read 4386 times)

Drifloon

• Completely broken...in Mystery Dungeon anyway
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 56, Week 3 - Where Oswin longingly wishes for a Laggy Emblem hack.
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
I was under the impression that DL Lyon is based on his PC form, since his boss form isn't technically him. So I would say that any status should work on him.
~Sig is gone because I can't be bothered updating~

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
While I, and I believe most others have been voting on the boss form, that's a legitimate point.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
I suspect the status immunity may be tied to the class, actually. It is certainly not a feature of FE8 bosses in general to be status immune, so Lyon is special there.

Anyway, 3 goes through the ruins qualifies as clearly aftergame to me, so definitely voting on the boss form regardless. It's at least as much him (more, really) as is the case for bosses like Jecht, Dhoulmagus/Leopold, Saki, etc.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 04:22:13 AM »
I still don't get the Kyogre > Royce via insta-double hype.

Royce may be a late game Lunar boss, but she's still around 57% average TB speed at very worst. (unmodified, just PCs, average) She needs only one turn. Kyogre is average TB speed, but needs a least two turns.

1. How is average (~101%) TB speed doubling anything, especially another TB character?

2. How does 57% average (anytype) speed get doubled by average (~101%) speed?

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »
Kyogre isn't 101% average speed. He is 0.75 SDs above average. You can translate that to various different things, but 101% sounds too low. Even if you compare Kyogre's speed of 105 directly against the average of 92, he's 114%.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
Kyogre isn't 101% average speed. He is 0.75 SDs above average. You can translate that to various different things, but 101% sounds too low. Even if you compare Kyogre's speed of 105 directly against the average of 92, he's 114%.

It's 101% against the stat topic's ranked RSE average. Though even at 114%, they're still both TB characters, it's still TB speed. That's at least how I saw it.

Is there even still an RSE topic around anywhere?

---

One other question, about the Mewtwo-FA fight.

Can anyone explain how Mewtwo gets past FA, someone who 2HKOs his durability with both physical and magical attacks, plus is able to get in the first hit with Ray?

Ray does about 150% damage to average. Staff Throw is around ~77%.

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=186.0

Here is the Gen 3 topic, which has the RSE topic merged into it.

I believe Mewtwo beating False Althena is that he'd be faster with False Althena in the averages compared to PCs. Of course, False Althena can't go the magic to physical route because then she'd be auto-doubled (Assuming she's faster at least. Well, the physical isn't fast). 1.5 PC HP damage should 2HKO Mewtwo even through buffing I'd think though.
...into the nightfall.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=186.0

Here is the Gen 3 topic, which has the RSE topic merged into it.

I believe Mewtwo beating False Althena is that he'd be faster with False Althena in the averages compared to PCs. Of course, False Althena can't go the magic to physical route because then she'd be auto-doubled (Assuming she's faster at least. Well, the physical isn't fast). 1.5 PC HP damage should 2HKO Mewtwo even through buffing I'd think though.

Oh, so there is one on these boards. Thanks man.

I didn't (and don't) think FA's physical was that slow though. (also TB vs TB issues) One of her attacks (orbs) does make her go last, but Staff Throw definitely did not. From memory, I'd peg it at around average speed. An estimate backed by the stat topic, which puts her attacks speed (with the exception of Ray and 5 Orbs) at ~average.
"Usually goes after Hiro, Jean, and sometimes Ronfar, but before Lemina and Lucia."

But yeah, this really is all moot because Ray actually 2HKOs right through Amnesia.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:04:41 PM by James_xeno »