Register

Author Topic: Metrocon 10  (Read 1473 times)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Metrocon 10
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:22:35 PM »
METROCON 2010!

METROCON - YEAR 8
FLORIDA'S LARGEST ANIME CONVENTION

July 23 - 25, 2010
Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL
Theme: Ninja vs Samurai

So yeah, I see you all making plans to meet up with each other, but I can't ever seem to find the time to leave my side of the country.

Metrcon is like a huge anime convention or something. Back in the day I used to hit this thing up all the time, but all my friends have seemingly grown out of that phaze so needless to say I haven't been in awhile.

Gauging the interest of you all now. Would this be something of interest for any of you? C'mon, you know you all want to hang out with good ole Scar! Here's yer excuse to do so!

If I see this drop down into the backpages I will have my answer!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: Metrocon 10
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
I went to one of the MetroCons... 2006 I think? I knew the operator Roy Harms at one point, though he always struck me as sort of a sketchy guy. My ex was involved in the con.

I doubt I'd go though. Saving my money for other stuff like DLCon, plus I haven't paid to get into an anime convention in 4 years. Wouldn't want to start now and I'm not volunteering.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 04:49:16 PM »
Might be easier to swing than DLC if I can get friends interested. Too early to really know right now though.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Idun

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »
July?! IN FLORIDA? I'm TOTALLY there. I don't know you though, so it'll be odd, but whatever. Florida is like, 3 hours away. Yaaaaaaa~y. I'm not into anime cons (IE, Dragon Con > AWA) but it'll be fun if other members could make it. If noooot, I probably won't go.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
It's ok, I'm the local sex offender on the site. I'll grow on you. Ask Super!

Thread be made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advanced just to feign interest of the site.

Plus, I have never met any of the DL members in real life, so if I see/hear of anyone making it to the next Metrocon, it's in Tampa and I'd be down to drive by and meet and greet.

Holla~
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:29:39 PM »
:( You are not James's bunk buddy Scar?!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »
Hey, I was at Metrocon in 2006, too!

Good con. I went a few times, probably one of the best Anime conventions ever. It wasn't so big that you couldn't do -everything-, but it wasn't so small that there was nothing to do. The amount of people who show is just right for a large party, but it doesn't feel so much like a mob as larger cons do. Also, the nicest group of gamers I've ever met at a con. Gamers that go to anime cons are usually such sucktacular people. It's weird.

Also, the big 'event' of Metrocon, the human chess match, has always been really fun for an amateur production. It was enough of a highlight that I went back to the con for a total of 3 times.

If I was in the states, I'd totally go again.

Idun

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 05:02:59 AM »
It's ok, I'm the local sex offender on the site. I'll grow on you. Ask Super!
O.O
Holla~

^^;;