Register

Author Topic: List topic Round 1, Week 4- Super Robots and Japanese Goddesses in Godlike!  (Read 3555 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
10. Ernest Raviede (SO2) - Only have any sort of impression on his equips. Besides that, middling durability and 4HKO. Opera at least has the modest healing, which matters more than Ernest's ACCURACY HYPE.

Ernest can immune ID/Paraylze/stone/poison, and for elements he can resist fire, ice, thunder, dark, holy, vacuum (Drain attacks), earth, and I think wind too.  Having access to three attacking elements if he so wants is also useful to have; darkness lets him beat the Norns of the DL down.

He has trouble with healers who aren't Nara and decent fighters, but he still ends up as somewhat competent in light.  At least I think he ends up above average? It's hard to say how much the spoiling covers for Suikoscrub level slugging.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Parry has good defense and isnt slow (only wife and Madchen are faster of the humans). His HP also gets much better once you level him to about 30 or so.  Where are you getting that? Game best damage with zap spells. Sure Parry isnt as tanky as a Golem or something like that, but we arnt including monsters. I'm also very picky about accessories and stuff like that, so Lightning resistance isnt as common to me as most people. (I only allow inital/plot/unique accessories)

Then again, Jowy is more durable than I thought.  To me Parry and Jowy both have massive damage (Kazap and Black sword rune) but I think Parry has more tricks with better armor resistances and a better physical with the zenthenian sword. I could switch them though now that I think about it.

Well my opinions are always unusual. YOu should know that by now Super with my Nara/Meena hype. While my DQ5 play through may not have been DL legal, I do know Parry's equipment is legal since its the Zenthanian stuff. Hes still the second(well maybe third, I never used tuppence) most durable cast member. If he is getting 2 HKOed, then all the other characters except Hero and maybe Tuppence are too.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Godlike:

1   Shu Shirakawa (SRW:OG1)
2   Izanami (Pers4)
3   Kefka (FF6)
4   Empyrea (DQ8)
5   Rubicant (FF4)
6   Yuna (FFX)
7   Lucia (Suikos)
8   Sora (KH)
9   Citan (XG)
10   Terra Branford (FF6)
11   Tibarn (FE9)
12   Gilgamesh (FF5)
13   Ultimecia (FF8)
14   Magus (CT)

Heavy:

1   Ness (EB)
2   Jowy Atreides (S2)
3   Kary (FF1)
4   Geno (SMRPG)
5   Dycedarg Beoulve (FFT)
6   Parry/Son (DQ5)
7   Carlie (SD3)
8   Ephraim (FE8)
9   Hiro (Lunar:EBC)
10   Grahf (XG)
11   Ryu (BoF1)
12   Hilda Valentine (SH3)
13   Kharg (AtL4)

Middle:

1   Joachim Valentine (SH2)
2   Lani (FF9)
3   Wiegraf Folles (FFT)
4   Jr. (XSs)
5   Raven (FE7)
6   Eiko Carol (FF9)
7   Alice Elliot (SH1)
8   Moltres (PKMN)
9   Junpei Iori (Pers3)
10   Mathias (S5)
11   Colm (FE8)
12   Albert Serdio (LoD)
13   Sceptile (PKMN)   

Light:

1   Relm Arrowny (FF6)
2   Thomas (S3)
3   Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
4   Meg (S2)
5   Natan (SH3)
6   Elazul (LoM)
7   Bazba (S3)
8   Seth (FE8)
9   Orcha (CC)
10   Jin Uzuki (XS2)
11   Viktor (Suikos)
12   Ernest Raviede (SO2)
13   Miluda Folles (FFT)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Parry has good defense and isnt slow (only wife and Madchen are faster of the humans).

Good defense numerically, but if DQ 5 defense is divided by 4 like I think it is, then even after two castings of Increase boosting his defense to a crazy high looking number, he's still only cutting the average physical by about 60%.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
10. Ernest Raviede (SO2) - Only have any sort of impression on his equips. Besides that, middling durability and 4HKO. Opera at least has the modest healing, which matters more than Ernest's ACCURACY HYPE.

Ernest can immune ID/Paraylze/stone/poison, and for elements he can resist fire, ice, thunder, dark, holy, vacuum (Drain attacks), earth, and I think wind too.  Having access to three attacking elements if he so wants is also useful to have; darkness lets him beat the Norns of the DL down.

He has trouble with healers who aren't Nara and decent fighters, but he still ends up as somewhat competent in light.  At least I think he ends up above average? It's hard to say how much the spoiling covers for Suikoscrub level slugging.

It mostly makes him quirky - and not too bad, but he's at best a somewhat above average Light, I want to say. But then, I find the general pool in Light decent enough.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Godlike

1. Yuna (FFX) - Aeon parade. Solid PC Godlike on her own to boot.
2. Shu Shirakawa (SRW:OG1) - There's... a reason I generally don't get that Skill Point. I allow boss counters, good durability w/ a barrier and batty damage output.
3. Kefka (FF6) - Goes really fast and smacks you with tons of damage. Can take a hit. Status.
4. Terra Branford (FF6) - Versatility outdoes Rubicant's brute force, if narrowly.
5. Rubicant (FF4) - Kills the fuck out of things and tanks. Fire immunity and enemies with Ice make him cry.
6. Tibarn (FE9) - Decent respect for skills, so he's hard to take down, and has some nice damage.
7. Magus (CT) - BARRIERS. Has issues in Heavy without them, with them can sorta hang in Godlike.
8. Kartikeya (WA5) - Worst Sentinel. A Godlike, but only barely.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Going to try updating this in a few days, so get your votes in now and finish your lists!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

Godlike:

1: Izanami (Pers4) - Unimpressive pool, and Izanami could likely lose to a few of the people here, but.
2: Empyrea (DQ8) - Dangerous slugger, surprisingly competent physical durability and elemental resists, pretty solid speed IIRC. With my HP views she's a threat to a -lot- of Godlike. Fears competent NE magic, though.
3: Terra Branford (FF6) - Ultima allowed still. Even if not, though, brutal damage/good equip options sell her here. Wishes for better status immunity, but frankly status immune PCs are the exception over the norm so.
4: Magus (CT) - Elemental walling and physical tankiness help him score a lot of spoiler wins.
5: Deamoned (BoF5) - Boss Orlandu, trading the speed for more durability and equip breaks for a charge up. Godlike middling phys slugger. Have fun with Absolute Defense, though.
6: Kefka (FF6) - Yeah. Speed respect not found for that first turn, speed respect not found in general, durability really not found. Boss Emma but he can occasionally get turns. When he does something gets fucked up bad.
7: Rubicant (FF4) - The respect just isn't there for me, relatively.
8: Gilgamesh (FF5) - Very, very good at nailing PCs to the wall. Doesn't... have much else.
9: Yuna (FFX) - Holy having a notable recoil time gives her more fits in Godlike than I first anticipated. Huh.
10: Ultimecia (FF8)

Shu Shirakawa (SRW:OG1 only. I am specifiying the form here since I want to see how OG1 does, plus avoiding massive formsplit. Thanks.)  -  Can vote on both versions of this ingame... in theory. I don't remember much other than tanky/durable, and since that's painfully relevant here... he could be from 1st to 10th with no issue so.
Lucia (Suikos) - S3 form. Abstaining due to Arc clause for me.

Heavy:

1: Ness (EB) - Respect the durability, slugging and versatility. Wishes he was faster and walled status better, tho.
2: Levin Brenton (WA:XF) - cancelcancelcancel. Kneejerk around here, as I'm not as sold on its consistent hitting, and he's not too good on durability. I should probably abstain, but I feel I've seen enough to throw him here?
3: Geno (SMRPG) - ...fuck, Iunno. I'm -nowhere- near as nice on timed hits as you guys are. But let's presume I allow them in full for now because that's a headache I don't want to think on for my own individual interps right now. Fast ID, decent durability esp. after Boost.
4: Anastasia Valeria (WA2) - Kneejerk.
5: Hilda Valentine (SH3) - 100% ID, solid defenses, but slower than Geno and kinda quirky outside of that. Iunno, could be convinced to plant her a s lot higher.
6: Kary (FF1) - Damaging, Hold. Solid boss.
7: Hiro (Lunar:EBC) - Great damage off great speed and nothing else in that skillset is worth a damn.
8: Carlie (SD3) - Wow, and I see Carlie as champ potential. Powerful field.
9: Ephraim (FE8) - FE Heavy. Solid but not overwhelming.
10: Ryu (BoF1) - Durable. Very durable. Decently damaging.
11: Dycedarg Beoulve (FFT)
---Drop---
12: Zed (WA1) - Don't particularly remember a form of this that terribly merited this division?

Light: Copied straight from Neph since I don't care enough and my top two are his.

1   Relm Arrowny (FF6)
2   Thomas (S3)
3   Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
4   Meg (S2)
5   Natan (SH3)
6   Elazul (LoM)
7   Bazba (S3)
8   Seth (FE8)
9   Orcha (CC)
10   Jin Uzuki (XS2)
11   Viktor (Suikos)
12   Ernest Raviede (SO2)
13   Miluda Folles (FFT)

Editing rest in after classes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:05:01 AM by Taitoro »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog

Godlike:

1. Izanami (Pers4)
2. Yuna (FFX)
3. Kefka (FF6)
4. Terra Branford (FF6)
5. Empyrea (DQ8)
6. Rubicant (FF4)
7. Sora (KH)
8. Shu Shirakawa (OG1)
9. Gilgamesh (FF5)
10. Citan (XG)
11. Tibarn (FE9)
12. Deamoned (BoF5)
13. Kartikeya (WA5)
14. Magus (CT)
15. Lucia (Suikos)
16. Ultimecia (FF8)

Heavy:

1. Levin Brenton (WA:XF)
2. Kharg (AtL4)
3. Hiro (Lunar:EBC)
4. Geno (SMRPG)
5. Jowy Atreides (S2)
6. Hilda Valentine (SH3)
7. Ryu (BoF1)
8. Anastasia Valeria (WA2)
9. Zed (WA1)
10. Dycedarg Beoulve (FFT)
11. Grahf (XG)
12. Ephraim (FE8)
13. Parry/Son (DQ5) (And think, I consider Parry an alright Heavy.)
14.  Kary (FF1)

Middle:

1. Beatrice (WA3)
2. Jr. (XSs)
3. Colm (FE8)
4. Mathias (S5)
5. Sceptile (PKMN)
6. Moltres (PKMN)
7. Joachim Valentine (SH2)
8. Lani (FF9)
9. Raven (FE7)
10. Wiegraf Folles (FFT)
11. Alice Elliot (SH1)
12. Albert Serdio (LoD)
13. Meru (LoD)
14. Cielo (DDS)
15. Junpei Iori (Pers3)
16. Eiko Carol (FF9)

Light:

1.  Jin Uzuki (XS2) (/XS3)
2. Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2)
3. Thomas (S3)
4. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
5. Chuck Preston (WA5)
6. Orcha (CC)
7. Meg (S2)
8. Seth (FE8)
9. Miluda Folles (FFT)
10. Viktor (Suikos)
11. Relm Arrowny (FF6)
12. Bazba (S3)
13. Natan (SH3)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Godlike:

1. Yuna (FFX) - Yuna
2. Kefka (FF6) - Kefka
3. Izanami (Pers4) - Yeah, the top three are like dead obvious. I want to see Izanami in practice to get a better feel of her though
4. Sora (KH) - Wishes he had some form of status blocking, but great otherwise.
5. Terra Branford (FF6) - Spell selection + element/status blocking are nice. She wishes she was faster, but decent mid tier godlike
6. Rubicant (FF4) - Pretty much HAVE to wall Fire. Semi resists are not good enough to stop him. Weakness bites, but still solid
7. Citan (XG) - Speed. The shields although somewhat impractical. Haste healer with workable offense, which certainly works here
8. Tibarn (FE9) - Needs to be in his FE10 form to do any better. Weaknesses bite and completely one dimensional to boot.
9. Kartikeya (WA5) - Would be suitably more impressed if he had more speed. As such his charge up skill isn't much. And outside of that, he really only has some semblance of durability, which...yeah, puts him down here.
10. Gilgamesh (FF5) - Can at least win against certain PCs even if his damage and durability are just bad in godlike
11. Ultimecia (FF8) - lolultimeciadamage what

Heavy:
1. Geno (SMRPG) - Fast, ID/buff then proceeds to kill things. Yeah.
2. Levin Brenton (WA:XF) - I think I would be more impressed with him if his accuracy wasn't mediocre. Still really strong regardless. Not godlike though
3. Ness (EB) - In Heavy, Ness is pretty damn good. His spell variety actually sees more use. He still cries likes a bitch against status though
4. Dycedarg Beoulve (FFT) - Dyce has always been pretty good. Needs more durability surely though
5. Ephraim (FE8) - FE run of the mill package. Eph's damn good at what he does. One dimensional still, but hey
6. Zed (WA1) - Has a PC form that doesn't suck complete total garbage. ID option is need and has speed to boot, but is otherwise kinda unimpressive.
7. Anastasia Valeria (WA2) - I think Ana needs to not burn FP for certain spells in order to be any better - not garbage, but sorta bad
8. Grahf (XG) - <Tide> Someone remind me what Grahf can do?
[19:43] <Tide> Other than suck
[19:44] <+Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> Grahf 2HKOs things off 6k XG HP post-Shevat deathblow upgrades.
[19:44] <+Hello-DojimathedralWaddleDee> And unimpressive speed.
[19:44] <Tide> Right, so pretty scrubby

Middle:
1. Beatrice (WA3) - Eternally sleeps lock you to death sans OHKO or perfect sleep blocking. Would like more durability, but quite good in Middle
2. Mathias (S5) - Yeah, the Cyclone rune gives him some interesting options - and he's not a horrible slugger by himself
3. Colm (FE8) - Fast, doubling, countering FE stuff
4. Raven (FE7) - I think Colm's speed edge is worth a little more than Raven's additional weapon promotion bonus - for all that they both do what they do pretty well (pretty much game best units in respective games too!)
5. Lani (FF9) - Misrank? Possibly. Durability kinda bites. She certainly has damage though!
6. Jr. (XSs) - XS3 Jr. is probably workable in Heavy. XS2 Jr. doesn't add anything to XS1 Jr. XS1 Jr at least has Misty, which is pretty neat. In short, I have no clue where he goes >_>. Somewhere around here though.
7. Moltres (PKMN) - Good damage, ;_; weaknesses
8. Sceptile (PKMN) - Great speed, ;_; weaknesses
9. Wiegraf Folles (FFT) - Damage! ;_; durability
10. Eiko Carol (FF9) - FF9 equip nonsense. For all that Eiko still needs more of like everything - so it only gets her so far.
11. Alice Elliot (SH1) - Am I missing something? Alice's SP bites her so badly against the people she should be good against
12. Junpei Iori (Pers3) - Was Low Middle when ranked, is still low Middle. I am not surprised he is bottom.

Light:
1. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) - Man, this pool is pretty damn bad. Zhuzhen's not great, but he's got spell variety at least
2. Orcha (CC) - CC damage strength attacks, plus the whole healing thing and some workable damage
3. Seth (FE8) - Seth's decent. That whole FE game shinenagans with countering still works, especially in light.
4. Elazul (LoM) - Can heal while attacking. Although his damage is just...;_;
5. Chuck Preston (WA5) - Gets stronger as he gets weaker! Also, he can Observe people and plan in advance against people's attacks. YEAH!
6. Relm Arrowny (FF6) - Has some equip options which is at least something
7. Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2) - lolVinsfeld. 6HKO damage what
8. Miluda Folles (FFT) - lolMiluda. But 67% counters!
9. Jin Uzuki (XS2) - lolXS2Jin. BUT 10% HEALING. YEAH
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:34:27 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
1. Yuna (FFX)
2. Kefka (FF6)
3. Tibarn (FE9): FE10 form is pretty brutal.
4. Izanami (Pers4)
5. Empyrea (DQ8)
6. Terra Branford (FF6)
7. Sora (KH)
8. Kartikeya (WA5)
9. Rubicant (FF4)
10. Deamoned (BoF5)
11. Gilgamesh (FF5)
12. Citan (XG)
13. Lucia (Suikos)
14. Magus (CT)
15. Ultimecia (FF8)

Heavy:

1. Kharg (AtL4): Big O. Big O Big O Big O.
2. Jowy Atreides (S2)
3. Hilda Valentine (SH3)
4. Levin Brenton (WA:XF)
5. Geno (SMRPG)
6. Ness (EB)
7. Hiro (Lunar:EBC)
8. Kary (FF1)
9. Carlie (SD3)
10. Ryu (BoF1)
11. Ephraim (FE8)
12. Anastasia Valeria (WA2)
13. Grahf (XG)