Author Topic: In game use Week 5- The mighty Adam returns to terrorize the Onix division.  (Read 3338 times)

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
*Checks* It seems I got two characters confused with each other, regardless my vote won't change. Angelo has  delicious healing, Anne's damage is simply not delicious enough.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Medic (EO1) - Souji.
Zemeckis (Brig) vs Knight (FF1NES) - Zemeckis
Yuna (FFX) vs Rena Lanford (SO2) - Yuna
Hero (DQ5) vs Alicia Melchiott (VC) - Alicia

Heavy:

Levin Brenton (WA:XF) vs Cecil Harvey (FF4o/a) - Levin
Alena (DQ4) vs Ike (FE9) - Ike
Claude Kenni (SO2) vs Sharon (LoL2)
Kika (S4) vs Nina (BoF1) - Nina

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2) - Closer match to me than most. Zidane is actually around for most of the game. Since I tended to want to skip battles in FF9 as much as possible, Zidane's Flee command was godly. His Trance also tended to be the most useful, and I wanna say it showed up more frequently than everyone else's, but that's just anecdotal. Lexis, on the other hand, while a Lufia2 mage... is pretty forgettable and half the cast can fill his niche (and do it better). Inclined to give it to Zidane.
Meru (LoD) vs Chie Satonaka (P4) - Chie. Punt/Power Charge > Speed.
Alice Elliot (SH1) vs Crono (CT) - Alice.
Angelo (DQ8) vs Anna (MK1) - Angelo.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Guy (Lufia 2) - Tim
Sue (G1) vs Kain Highwind (FF4) - Sue. The best kind of temps give you their experience levels when they leave. Also, made a great earlygame healer.
Valygar (BG2) vs Natan (SH3)
Jet Enduro (WA3) vs Gala (LoL1) - Best magic damage in your party vs. uh... I'm an item-boy/blank slate.

Onix: -Vote for the worse of the two given fighters, as always.

Roog (S5) vs Adam (SF1) - Roog. I was able to get Adam a kill, and once that happens, he grows quickly. Roog is also useable with some babying, but there's even -more- options in S5 than SF1.
Samson (BtB) vs Karla (FE7) - Karla. Oh Karla.
Luvdisc (RSE) vs Cathe (FE6) - No RSE.
Red Turnip (Saga) vs Sergei (S1) - Sergei. Turnip actually starts with some fairly useful skills for quickly becoming a good monster even.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike:

Souji Seta (P4) vs Medic (EO1): Can't vote.
Zemeckis (Brig) vs Knight (FF1NES): Call this a cheap reason, but Zemekis dying = the entire battle is lost, regardless of whose in it.  Knight dying = pain in the ass, but you can still muscle out...not that either die very often.
Yuna (FFX) vs Rena Lanford (SO2): Yeah, Aeons work for me.
Hero (DQ5) vs Alicia Melchiott (VC): Can't vote.

Heavy:

Levin Brenton (WA:XF) vs Cecil Harvey (FF4o/a): Cecil is a consistent tank the entire way through, and barring one dungeon, a good source of MP-less damage.  Levin is good but never quite as much of a crutch as Cecil was.
Alena (DQ4) vs Ike (FE9): If Ike wasn't forced, he'd be more replacable than Alena, as others can fill his role as well.
Claude Kenni (SO2) vs Sharon (LoL2): Sharon's in a game where Speed matters and she's game best at it, so its basically Claude's worth + the speed thing.
Kika (S4) vs Nina (BoF1): Nina1 is cursed by being in a game with cracked out PCs that make her only the #3 character at best.

Middle:

Zidane Tribal (FF9) vs Lexis Shaia (Lufia 2): Zidane is a consistent good damage dealer from start to finish if you set him up properly, and doing so aint hard (MP Attack + Bird/Beast/Man Slaying abilities, more or less), and Steal does get you some nice things.  I find it hard to give LExis a lot of credit, meanwhile, in a game where you have multiple PCs with a very similar skillset as him, and he wasn't even around for that long.
Meru (LoD) vs Chie Satonaka (P4): Chie is actively awful early in the game where she's slow, inaccurate physicals, and bad magic.  Meru's always got game best speed at least.
Alice Elliot (SH1) vs Crono (CT): Alice serves a purpose beyond "Item Bitch", Crono...see Ike for most of the game, then remove the "is forced" for the last parts.
Angelo (DQ8) vs Anna (MK1): Both are good at what they do, what ANgelo does is more important however.  Angelo should really be in Heavy if you ask me.

Light:

Tim Rhymeless (WA2) vs Guy (Lufia 2): Tim has MT Healing, summon damage that makes a mockery of Lilka, and...ok, we've been over this; Tim really should be in Middle.
Sue (G1) vs Kain Highwind (FF4): Kain really isn't that special; he's at best a warm body with half decent durability and-...oh, wait, Sue is his competition, NEVERMIND!
Valygar (BG2) vs Natan (SH3): Can't vote.
Jet Enduro (WA3) vs Gala (LoL1):  This is a good fight.  However, in the end, Gala has game best MP and HP, making him a good tanky healer, especially since he always goes last.  Jet is always "A worse whoever" no matter what build you give him, and the "Give Gallows/Clive an extra turn!" thing kicks in kind of late, and often doesn't matter on randoms.

Onix: -Vote for the worse of the two given fighters, as always.

Roog (S5) vs Adam (SF1): Adam is that bad.
Samson (BtB) vs Karla (FE7): Samson is a Warmbody for a good part of the game, even if a shitty one.  Karla is completely unavailable most of the game, and she really sucks when she finally is.
Luvdisc (RSE) vs Cathe (FE6): I can't really give Luvdisc credit for Heartscales since technically, you can use Thief to get it from them, without having to throw Pokeballs at them.  Cathe at least gives you more Lockpicks, and has Thief uses in case Chad or Astor dies.
Red Turnip (Saga) vs Sergei (S1): A late game, low powered monster joining in place of a half decent (if generic) PC...yeah...that's really going over well.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Updating this tomorrow, get your votes in now!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...