Register

Author Topic: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)  (Read 117602 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: A memes to an end(Meme Mafia: Game Over)
« Reply #750 on: March 22, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Favorite player was Magey/Excal. =)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 22, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
Alright, here's the roles and players.

Town first:

---------------------------------
2girls1cup, aka Taitoro

Mafia game? Don't mind if you do~

You are a Town Aligned Scarecrow. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Scarecrow, you may at any point during a day phase simply declare yourself to be a scarecrow. You may no longer vote or be voted for and you are removed from the list of active players, but you may continue to talk as much as you like. This lasts for the rest of the game, it's not an "until end of day" thing. You are not immune to night actions, though, so you can still be killed off if anyone has the bright idea.
In Soviet Russia, aka Alexchan

In Soviet Russia, mafia plays YOU!

You are a Town Aligned Power Charger. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Power Charger, you have the ability to increase the weight of your vote by posting in IN ALL CAPS AT 30PT FONT!!!! If you do this, that vote counts double. You may only do this once per day.

POSTING RESTRICTION: You must include one of the following in every post: an In Soviet Russia joke, or something written in Russian characters. If you have neither of these elements in any post you make, well then In Soviet Russia, the Mod will vote YOU! (you'll gain one vote against you from the moderator. This vote can hammer you, this vote can make things very sad during lylo, so be careful. However, I'll only put one vote on you a day, breaking it multiple times in one day will not result in multiple votes.)
--------------------------------
HUEG LIKE XBOX, aka Ciato(and later lmm)

17 players? Yeah, that's pretty hueg. Maybe not as HUEG AS XBOX though~

You are a Town Aligned Purveyor of Fine Leather Jackets. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Purveyor of Fine Leather Jackets, you may chose a target during the night phase and exchange power roles with them. This is a permanent exchange, you will now have their power, whatever it may be, and they will now be a Purveyor of Fine Leather Jackets. Yes, I expect this to cause hilarious chaos.
Demotivational Posters, aka Yoshiken

Mafia...it's kinda like that.

You are a Town Aligned Ninja Trainee. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Ninja Trainee, you gain power from increasing you skills as a ninja. Basically, any time someone accuses you of "ninja-ing" their post, or simply uses "ninja'd" when yours is the post directly before theirs, you increase in rank. At certain ranks, you gain single uses of various night powers. These powers will be revealed to you as you gain them.

POSTING RESTRICTION: You may not claim to be a Ninja, encourage others to say "Ninja'd" in reference to you, or anything along those lines. Basically you can't tell people how to give you power. Unlike normal restrictions, if you break this one, you will not simply gain a vote against you, you will lose your power role. A ninja who is not secret is not a ninja at all.
----------------------------------
Advice Dog, aka Xanth

Play Mafia. Drive yourself insane.

You are a Town Aligned Insomniac. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As an Insomniac, you may talk during the night phase as much as you like, about anything you want, including the game. The only exception to this is if you get night killed, I will not let you post after you receive that notice.
Yo Dawg, aka Dread Thomas

Yo dawg, I heard you like roles so I put a role in your town so you can night act while you scumhunt.

You are a Town Aligned Body Double. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Body Double, every night you may choose another player and pimp their ride cause all night actions that would target them to target you instead. This has the unfortunate side effect of carrying over into the next day phase as well, though. If the person you covered for the previous night is lynched, you will die in their place...
Milhouse Is Not A Meme, Is A Jo'ou Ranbu

You have to wonder why Milhouse wants to be a meme so badly?

You are a Town Aligned Cassandra. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As Cassandra, you are a Fullcop. You can investigate someone every night and get both role and alignment.

POSTING RESTRICTION: You may never claim to be any sort of investigative role, including Cop, Watcher, Tracker, Rolecop, etc. If you do, you will be immediately modkilled and it will end the day. This is more a "spirit of the law" restriction here, so stuff like "hey guys I'm totally not a cop, I didn't investigate x night one and he's totally not a y" will still get you modkilled. If you want to know if a post will get you killed or not, feel free to PM it to me and ask~
------------------------------------
Over 9000!, aka superaielman

What does the scouter say about the insanity level of this mafia? It's...it's...OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

You are a Town Aligned Meddling Kid. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Meddling Kid, you may chose a target during the night phase and unmask them, finding out who the player behind the meme really is!
-----------------------------------
Rick Astley, aka Excal(and later Magetastic)

You're never going to give town up. You're never going to let them down. You're never going to turn around and desert them.

You are a Town Aligned Mad Journalist. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Mad Journalist, you know that somewhere out there is the greatest scoop of all time, the find of the century. But where? And who? Every night you may search for your scoop, picking a player and determining if it's them or not. If you find your scoop, you and the scoop immediately become Masons. You can not, however, confirm the alignment of your scoop/mason partner.

POSTING RESTRICTION: You have one of these as well! Every post you make must contain a link to something. Doesn't matter what, it can be a link to another post, a classic rickroll or something else entirely. If you make a post without a link, you gain one vote against you from the moderator. This vote can hammer you, this vote can make things very sad during lylo, so be careful. However, I'll only put one vote on you a day, breaking it multiple times in one day will not result in multiple votes.
Boxxed Air, aka Glen

It's a little known fact that Boxxy is from West Philidelphia, born and raised. On the playground is where she spent most of her days.

You are a Town Aligned Albino Tomato. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As an Albino Tomato you...um...well, you're not entirely sure what you do. As far as you can figure, it's a whole lot of not much.

(Not in the PM: The Albino Tomato is in fact the mason partner of the Mad Journalist. Unconfirmed Masons, though. Which they have to be, due to the Leather Jackets running around.)
OH GOT CARTHRAT IS HOT!

OH GOD DL MAFIA IS HOT! ...or well, maybe not, but at least it's a fun enough time waster.

You are a Town Aligned Giant Robot. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Giant Robot, you are exceptionally hard to kill. In order to lynch you, it takes one additional vote to secure the hammer, though you can still be plurality lynched at deadline if you have at least 2 votes more then the runner up. If you are one vote ahead it will be considered a tie and if you are tied, they will be the vote leader. Also, any attempts at night killing you have a 50% chance to fail. I'll let you choose which bot you want to trust that fate to should it come up~

POSTING RESTRICTION: You have to make up ridiculous anime style attack names for your votes. Any command with ## in front of it you type will be taken as a vote, so have fun with it. If you ever vote with just plain old ordinary ##Vote then you gain one vote against you from the moderator. This vote can hammer you, this vote can make things very sad during lylo, so be careful. However, I'll only put one vote on you a day, breaking it multiple times in one day will not result in multiple votes. If you end a day by hammering someone and breaking your restriction, the vote against you will count for the following day.
-------------------------------
AndrewRogue, aka Zerg Rusk(kekekekekeke)

Mafia rush kekekekekekekeke~

You are a Town Aligned Skindancer. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Skindancer, you gain power by killing people and wearing their skin as a jacket. Pleasant, huh? If you are ever the hammering vote that kills someone, you may use whatever power role they possessed that night(or the following day if it's a day role). You only get it for that one night/day, though. No keeping the powers for the whole game.

Also, the REALLY FUCKING CREEPY nature of your powers makes you a Miller. You will return as Scum to any cop investigation.
-----------------------------

And now for Scum

----------------------------
TOUHOU HIJACK LOL!, aka Kilgamyon

It's kinda funny that you'd play mafia, pick a Touhou meme and wind up scum. I swear I didn't do it on purpose. I also swear the role was random. Blame Hatbot, not me. <_<

You are a Scum Aligned Kappa Fanthing~. You win when all townies are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Kappa Fanthing~, you may pick one target during the night and spin~ them so that any actions they take effect someone of your choosing instead of who they originally intended. You may not use this ability and perform the nightkill in the same night.
lolcat, aka QuietRain

You can haz mafia? Yes, you can haz!

You are a Scum Aligned Taboo Artist. You win when all townies are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Taboo Artist, you can choose someone every night and give them a posting restriction. You may use each of the following restrictions once:

Keyboard Thiefery: Pick a letter, the target may not use this letter the following day. This cannot stop someone from voting, mind you.

Talk Like A Frog Day: Make the target speak in Ye Olde Faux English, with things like "thee, thou, ye, thy, thine" etc, instead of "you, your, you're" and the like.

13375p34k: Make the target include at least one word of "leetspeak" in every sentence they type.

Make Up Your Own!: Make up your own post restriction, subject to approval.
COMBO BREAKER, aka Sopko

T-T-T-TOWNIE BREAKER!!!!

You are a Scum Aligned Combo Number 5. You win when all townies are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Combo Number 5, you function as both a Rolecop and Roleblocker all rolled into one. You target someone, block them from acting and find out what their role might be at the same time. You may not use this role and perform the nightkill on the same night.

POSTING RESTRICTION: As a combo breaker, you are not allowed to perform combos! You may not make two consecutive posts without someone else in between. If you break this restriction, you get an immediate vote on you from the mod. This can hammer you, and it can make for a very sad lylo, so be careful. However, you can only get one vote for this on you per day. Multiple infractions will not result in multiple votes.
All Your Base, are belong to Alice/bofh

All this role are belong to you. You have no chance to survive, make your time. Ha ha ha ha ha.

You are a Scum Aligned Roflcoptr. You win when all townies are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Roflcoptr, you have the role of Godfather, cop investigations will return you as town.

HOWEVER, you are not entirely scum aligned.

You are also a delayed Jester, with an additional way to win the game. If you make it to Lylo and get yourself lynched there, you win a solo victory. Town and scum can fight over second place. It's conceivable for you to win twice, both with your solo victory and with a remaining scum managing to win through lylo. If you pull that off, you have my sincere admiration, sir. This is a hard role, good luck.

The other scum do not know of your Jester role. They only know that you are a scumbuddy.
----------------------------

And finally, our third party.

------------------------------
The Cake Is A Like, aka Roukanken

Look at me still typing while there's modding to do~

Your role is 3rd Party Landshark. You are a Survivor, you win the game if you are still alive at the end of the game, be it a town or scum victory.

As a Landshark, you have the ability to target another player every night and they will be sent the following message: "Someone has sent you a candygram*, do you accept it?" (*or telegram, or flowers, or something else. You can pick what each time)

If they accept, they will be nightkilled as you eat them as soon as they open their door~

If they do not accept, nothing happens.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:55:26 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #752 on: March 22, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
(Though, thinking on it, had we killed AYB, you would've been pretty much hosed, aside from a lot of convincing everyone that either scum set you up, or you didn't think it worthwhile to pass the jacket along. Which I don't think would've gone over well, either, since you being alive would've completely contradicted scum's night actions since they found out about the jacket. Killing 2g1c might've lead you there, since they made it their death wish that I be lynched, but...)

I was fully prepared to throw in the towel if bofh got lynched before LYLO, because I knew I mathematically couldn't keep the lies coming for long enough, so yes, there was some precarious dancing there for a while. Had he been lynched in LYLO the plan was to claim I Jacketed you and found the redirectional role and hope whoever was still alive took my side.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
Random aside: This is why you lynch all Nitoris. Nitoris are always scum.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 22, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
Yo Dawg, aka Dread Thomas

Yo dawg, I heard you like roles so I put a role in your town so you can night act while you scumhunt.

You are a Town Aligned Body Double. You win when all scum are dead, yadda yadda, you know the drill by now.

As a Body Double, every night you may choose another player and pimp their ride cause all night actions that would target them to target you instead. This has the unfortunate side effect of carrying over into the next day phase as well, though. If the person you covered for the previous night is lynched, you will die in their place...

Ooh, okay, this is more powerful than the basic bodyguard role I thought it was.

Also, the Touhou ability is different from how it was speculated in-game.  Which is to say, not a bus driver but someone who modifies an individual's targets.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 22, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Erm, Met?  It was speculated that if Touhou was scum, he was a hijacker.  It was assumed to be a bus driver because the going suspicion (at least, when I was playing) was that Touhou was not scum.  So good game Touhou.

As for the rest, yeah, I totally dropped out after my big AYB is scum post.  Few different reasons for this, the largest one being I discovered that I couldn't make myself care enough to a) log into annonyaccount and b) hunt down something to link to (I'm more of a quoting kind of guy, so that posting restriction always kind of annoyed me.  Shoulda just accepted that I was going to suck up the penalty a lot and leave it at that).  Main reason I came back in for Day 3 was because I knew Mage was getting pretty pissed off at the game, and figured it'd be better to have swapping players than to have him playing while horribly pissed off at the game itself.

I suppose I could actually check and see what happened after Shiki's breakdown.  But to be honest, I mostly just signed up in spite of hating the theme because hey, Mafia game I can play in while not working 12 hour shifts!  Didn't work out so hot.  >_>  Hated reading most of the flavour when I was playing, and given the new stuff will involve no Advice Dog, I suspect checking out the final days will be no more pleasant.

On a side, note, good job Touhou.  The only reason I wasn't clearing XBox was because I was gutchecking you as town over him.  And AYB, I probably still can't give you a good reason as to why I knew you were scum, but I totally knew you were scum!

Taishyr

« Reply #756 on: March 23, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »
I will take, as my own personal victory, pegging Roucake as third party since day 2, even if it was never relevant.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 23, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »
Random aside: This is why you lynch all Nitoris. Nitoris are always scum.

I kind of figured Touhou was scum, but was third party turned scum or town turned scum since after one night began all the Nitori pic spam. At least you had another 4000 more pics if the game lasted longer

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 05, 2010, 12:17:21 AM »
Question: What the hell is Oh My God Shiki is Hot? I haven't seen any reference to this meme anywhere after going to look up what all of them meant.
...into the nightfall.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »
The meme is supposed to be "OH GOD SHANA IS HOT". I have no idea how the hell Shiki got there, especially since the avatar is clearly one of Shana (from Shakugan no Shana, not Legend of Dragoon obviously).

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 05, 2010, 06:57:34 AM »
Yeah, looking for either variation didn't really help me much.
...into the nightfall.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 05, 2010, 10:26:26 AM »
It's something I remembered seeing quite frequently on 4chan a while back, so it seemed like a meme to me.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:12 PM »
Saw with your own eyes?!
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #763 on: April 05, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
I've run into reference to it on TV Tropes, but not sure where it came from originally.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #764 on: April 06, 2010, 12:03:05 AM »
It was an /a/ meme back in the day, when Shakugan no Shana was still relatively new. Not sure if they still use it. It's largely of the same ilk as "Tama-nee is a healthy girl", though I know that one is still used on occasion.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"