Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 14~  (Read 4207 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 14~
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:43:31 AM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) [the only version of this that exists has the sound effects since it has no OST release]

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?ojwwhizwvdt

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:53:04 AM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 14~
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - Solid once it starts.  Other track is grating.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel - Mmm, good Castlevania music.  Astaroth is generally solid, though.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental - Mmm, yeah.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Mmmm, quality tie break.  SWRs version of Nuclear Fusion would beat Grandia battle theme #3812 handily for me.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - Yep.
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Winter ends up pretty solid but takes time to get there.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - On the one hand, I don't remember Wizard's town theme being one of the better PoL town themes.  On the other, Pain, while solid, doesn't really do it for me.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) [the only version of this that exists has the sound effects since it has no OST release] - PE music that doesn't involve horrible fauxpera vs. CT music tends to go one way with me.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - Sure, let's go with oldschool.
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World - If Salva Nos hasn't grown on me after its stint in the last tourney, I doubt it ever will.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III - Silent palace has too many parts that are just grating, for all that this probably wouldn't be that close to me anyways.
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way - This Force Your Way is worse than the original and I don't care for the original that much.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - URAAAGGGHHHH DIE HATBOT!! DIIEEEE
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - I have to vote against Carl in the name of yaoi.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:24:33 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami: More engaging. The SnR choices continue to be good in general though.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel: Quality matchup.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental: Less good matchup. TtT track leaves no impression at all.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion: Mm...one of Grandia best is enough to top a middling Touhou track, sure.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness: Classics! Feeling YNA more this time.
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme: Nom power.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain: I guess I'm not really a fan of the Xenovocalist in general.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro): Well, I can't very well ignore the SE since this is the only version that exists...would be close without them, I suppose.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe: oldsk00l, indeed.
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World: Now with the OTHER The World in there this would be a match.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III: SIlent Palace is cool and oh look another meandering symphonic FF piece
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way: Both are good, goin' for the rockin'
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:38:05 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami

Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) [the only version of this that exists has the sound effects since it has no OST release]

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 01:42:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - Urf. Can't say I liked either of them.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Yay. More Touhou music. Just what the competition needed.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - Still good even though I've heard it a million times by now.
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Yawn...
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - And again...
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro)

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - Not even old-school cheese can overcome the catchy groove of NightmaRe.
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World - Not a huge fan of Salva Nos, but it's good enough to win this one.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III - Hm. One person's "grating" is another person's "relaxing." The other track is...yep, another Final Fantasy music medley. Wonderful. Lord knows we don't have enough of those.
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way - Oooh. Total number of matches this pool where I really liked both tracks involved: One.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 03:45:53 AM »
...I think.
Both repeats, both quite good.  Hrmm.  Sure whynot.
Not a fan of Mr. Wolf.
Well this is easy.  One of Idaware's better battle themes, very EPIC and all that.  I do not understand the hype Nuclear Fusion gets; it's easily the worst of all the Touhou songs that have been nommed in the tournament so far.  Starts with OH EVIL and then gets repetitive and goes nowhere.  (Though, looking up the alternate SWR version via Google, that one is better, I'll grant.)

Another easy win.
Uh sure.
Wizard Castle isn't one of the better PoL themes but I was in a weird mood when nomming.  Hey, saxophones or something.  Pain meanwhile I'm down for some hype for.
BANG!  ZAP!  POW!  The orchestral version without that is definitely better, but dunno if it's legal.  Omission is kinda meh.

ANIME
Ah, so THIS is the source of a random MIDI file called "yamato" I found ages ago!  The more you know or something.  Catchy tune.  NightmaRe is pretty good too.  I suspect I'd vote for an all-instrumental version of Yamato here, but with the lyrics think I'll lean Nightmare.
. hack The World > Salva Nos >>> Death Note The World. Though in fairness this song is way better than some of the other awful stuff from Death Note, it's actually okay.

ARRANGED
Yeah, Scene III is fine, but a bit too mellow.
This is a cruel matchup.  Both are semi-finalist / finalist quality to me.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:33 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami- are... these... even different songs?  Voting for the shorter one.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion- Suddenly I'm thinking "Huh.  So is this the Best (only?) Reason to play Grandia XTREEEEEEMEEEE?"

Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme- I guess?  Both are okay.

ANIME
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World- Well, they're both okay.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III- Mmm.  Y;'know what though?  Today?  I wants me some nostalgia.  Mmmm, nostalgia.
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way- See above.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:23:26 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - Quality background noise vs mildly decent soft track that can't work as background music thanks to the...I swear it sounds like windchimes, but the constant dinging sounds that kinda overpower the rest of the song. It's not BAD, I just can't really see myself actively wanting to listen to it again.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel - Normally not a Tocatta fan, but it's holding my attention better then it's opposition today.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental - Meh?
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Hmm, Battle 4 is kinda catchy, sure.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - I love both. ;_;
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Alright on both ends.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - Meh?
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) - Meh?

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - Cheeeeese~

ARRANGED
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - Meh
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental - Upbeat, fun militaryish song vs okay piano.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Shock

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - Shock^2
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Had this as my desktop music in all Vol 3 and never got tired of it.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - I've always liked Pain for some unknown reason (probably because I'm a sap). Opponent is decent though.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) - Omission loops too quickly. The SFX in the intro are forgivable. The song still gets through pretty well. Really like the beginning more than the rest.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - YA-MA-TO! Again, I need to nom the GE999 and Harlock themes next time. Nightmare isn't bad though.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III - The FF medley needs to move quicker between songs.
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way - Should have nommed the regular version of this. Totally slipped my mind. Woo Suikogaiden.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 07:31:30 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - cool stuff.  for all that the style is understandably similar, this ain't that close.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel - Astaroth has grown on me over the years.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - tough.  these both have the same lategame boss kinda style going for them, and in pretty close degrees as well.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - so nice.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - tough.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 12:55:27 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami: I guess? It's kinda hard to tell them apart, really.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel:
Fuck you, Hatbot. This isn't a choice I should have to make first round.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental: More active = stands out more. It's often tough for these slow songs to keep my attention when I'm lacking the context.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion: Iwadare is mehish most of the time and this is no exception.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness: Is awesome and stuff.
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme: I guess.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain: Prettier.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) [the only version of this that exists has the sound effects since it has no OST release]: Boo, sound effects.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe: Finely-aged cheese.
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World: The latter is eminently not my style.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III: It's a nice stretch of ambiance
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way: Uematsu surely deserves at least one vote this round.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 05:04:41 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - Voting for the one that didn't give me a headache.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel - Close match. Going with the style I like better.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental - T3 is pretty, but Star Wolf theme hits it with a bit of a nostalgia bat, even if it's a newer version of the song.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Stands out more and feels 'bigger' to me. Also, I nommed it. In retrospect after playing SA, I wish I'd nommed Yuugi's theme or the Stage 5 theme.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - Can I... please shoot the bot?
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Eh.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - Wizard Castle is nice, but doesn't do much. Pain's pretty+sappy+depressing combo is really nice, and I love Joanne Hogg.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) - SE are forgivable when the music is superior enough.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - Cool match-up of two totally different styles. I love some cheese though.
Noir - Salva NosVS. Death Note - The World - Not a bad match-up, but still clear-cut.

ARRANGED
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
31 hour and 17 minute warning

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:07 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 03:01:24 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Huh.  I like this more than I expected.  It's not often Touhou music makes it sound like you're facing an actually dangerous threat.

ANIME

ARRANGED

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 04:17:17 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion- What Lance said.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness- Yuck.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) [the only version of this that exists has the sound effects since it has no OST release]- I dig both, no complaints about whoever wins.

ANIME
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World- Not. Close.

ARRANGED
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 08:03:25 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Senkou no Ronde DUO - Raven Candle - Fabian Drop 1 VS. Senkou no Ronde - Narukami - I'm glad Candle finally got going. Past that, these two are kinda similar, so I'll go with Narukami here.
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - Tocatta into a blood soaked darkness VS. Shadow Hearts: Covenant - Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel - No contest for me. Tocatta's amazing, but Astaroth is better than that.
Star Fox: Assault - Star Wolf VS. Tears to Tiara - Tears to Tiara - Instrumental - Wolf is odd, in that it sounds impressive, yet doesn't impress at all. That said, Tiara doesn't even sound impressive and fails to do anything for me, so Wolf takes it.
Grandia Xtreme - Battle 4 VS. Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - Solar Sect of Mystic of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - Close match here. Changed the vote a few times before finally settling on Nuclear.

Final Fantasy IX - You’re Not Alone VS. Wild ARMs - To the End of the Wilderness - Wait, this is getting hyped over You're Not Alone? ...hunh. Well, I can see some appeal, but definitely not enough. Nowhere near.
Hanakisou (PC) - Winter VS. .hack//G.U. Vol 3 - Carl’s Theme - Plain match. Sure, this works.
Heroes of Might & Magic II: The Price of Loyalty - Wizard Castle VS. Xenosaga - Pain - Decent track vs. bad vocals. Easy choice.
Parasite Eve - The Omission of the World VS. Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger (PS1 Intro) - Bland and dull vs. good with annoying sound effects. Sure, the sound effects can have this one.

ANIME
Space Battleship Yamato - Space Battleship Yamato VS. Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori - NightmaRe - Easy choice.
Noir - Salva Nos VS. Death Note - The World - My nom, and a favourite of mine. Also doesn't have that horrendous ending that Salva Nos has.

ARRANGED
Phantasy Star Online Episde I & II - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Premium Arrange - Silent palace VS. Final Fantasy - Symphonic Suite Final Fantasy - SCENE III - Smaaaaaash.
Genso Suikoden Vocal Collection ~La passione commuove la storia~ - Due fiumi VS. Final Fantasy VIII - The Black Mages - Force Your Way - Surprisingly good (considering I usually dislike the lyrics in these tourns) vs. below average for a style I like. Really going with the first one today, somehow.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:17 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »
Do you know any other words that start with F?

Fresults!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
6 - 10

9 - 8

8 - 9 (tiebreak: Oblivion Knight)

10 - 7

9 - 9 (tiebreak: Oblivion Knight)

12 - 5

8 - 9

6 - 11

ANIME
7 - 7 (tiebreak: superaielman)

12 - 4

ARRANGED
7 - 7 (tiebreak: superaielman [and Oblivion Knight])

9 - 6

Excellent.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:21:39 PM by Talaysen »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03:08 PM »
Wait, did Wilderness win through tiebreak as well then? ;o 'Cause it's 9-9 in-topic.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
Wait, did Wilderness win through tiebreak as well then? ;o 'Cause it's 9-9 in-topic.

Yes, sorry.  I got a tiebreak vote on that from OK and just put it in as a normal vote for some reason.