Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Thread Frequency~  (Read 1303 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Thread Frequency~
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Okay, I had one person say they would prefer a slower pace, no people saying they liked the current pace, and vote totals are down from last round.

So yeah, just want some general feedback here.  Is this too fast?  Too slow?  Should I just make threads stay open longer but keep them coming at the same rate, or just make them less often?  Should I extend the current deadlines?

Not an official vote or anything, just want to see what people think because I want more people to vote in the topics!

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Thread Frequency~
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:10:51 PM »
I'd definitely be happier seeing some longer deadlines, since I tend to vote on things in bursts and relisten to every track in the pool.

No real preference on the frequency.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »
I think I prefer the faster pace for the sake of getting to the resolution faster, but on the other hand can't be bothered to write those little quips of commentary. So eh, whatevs.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
I say keep 'em coming, but leave them open longer.  this is entirely because I'm gonna be glued in front of my computer for most of next week.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 02:59:47 AM »
The current pace is fine.  Like you mentioned in another topic, we (theoretically) don't have to listen to every track anymore since we still remember some of them from earlier rounds. And just about all the people still voting have been participating since the first round, so it's not like we have new people popping up who need extra time to listen to everything. Moving a bit faster makes sense.

As for the vote count lowering, that's happened with every music tournament we've had so far. Lots of votes in the first round, and then some people start to drift away after that. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:09:39 AM »
Alright, I'll just leave the threads open longer, but keep them coming at the same pace.  This shouldn't make the tourney last too much longer anyway.