Author Topic: Season 59, Week 6 - Aw, no DARIO write-in for Super in Heavy  (Read 4817 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Season 59, Week 6 - Aw, no DARIO write-in for Super in Heavy
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
Heat Riser is only a 29(.3)% reduction to damage, by the way.  Doubt it matters anyway.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
Pyro: Not the first boss who sucked in game to translate to the DL well. I have plenty of relative respect for his DL offense, he isn't facing full MT healing here.

Snow: How many ID immune healers in Middle have competent magical offense/and or are status immune? That type beats him, but it's also not a common one. Fast mages with offense tend to be heavy as well. He's far more likely to just be slugged down by the Nelis/Killeys of Middle than to run into a healer like that.

but P4 is a game with a functional speed stat that determines who goes first in battles and plot P4 bosses always go last in spite of that. I've no problems holding him against that).

P4 boss battles are phased based. Unlesss you're suddenly saying that every phase based boss in the DL has last strike, I'm just going to roll my eyes here.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »
Violetta wins because the 50% MEvade makes the opening smash survivable. Since SH3 combos get stronger as the number of hits increases, it makes Lady actually do less than half damage.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
No I mean I just don't remember Adachi having that much offense period, much like how Jin/Takaya from P3 didn't come close to how good they were in the stat topic for P3. Well, not THAT bad, just kinda a nagging 'that doesn't seem right...' rather than a 'ha ha no'. I was probably a bit higher on level. (I know I didn't even bother keeping Adachi under debilitation, as a side comment. That should speak volumes)

Regardless, Arche goes first (average speed > goes last phase based), so Meteor Storm -> Adachi Heat Risers -> Meteor Storm -> Adachi attacks -> Meteor Storm. I don't think Adachi takes 3 Meteor Storms, even if two of them are while he is Heat Riser'd. His magic durability isn't good. HIs physical durability is, but not his magical.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
Pyro: Not the first boss who sucked in game to translate to the DL well. I have plenty of relative respect for his DL offense, he isn't facing full MT healing here.

Snow: How many ID immune healers in Middle have competent magical offense/and or are status immune? That type beats him, but it's also not a common one. Fast mages with offense tend to be heavy as well. He's far more likely to just be slugged down by the Nelis/Killeys of Middle than to run into a healer like that.

but P4 is a game with a functional speed stat that determines who goes first in battles and plot P4 bosses always go last in spite of that. I've no problems holding him against that).

P4 boss battles are phased based. Unlesss you're suddenly saying that every phase based boss in the DL has last strike, I'm just going to roll my eyes here.

If the -entire rest of the battles in the game they're in aren't phase-based-, then hell yes they have - and you know I also punish bosses who can't move in phase-based games with last strike as well. If P4 bosses get their stats spat upon and punished in-game with a situation that the vast majority of everything else ever doesn't have to suffer in-game, then they get punished by it in the DL too. 

I'll also have to note that, when you're facing 0.7x PC HP, you don't need to have awesomely competent offense eithe - heck, if you're an ID immune healer, 4HKOing Adachi works as long as you get the first turn. If you have magical 3HKO damage, odds are you're beating Adachi. I still find somewhat hard to believe his mdur would be respectable when he has half the HP - unscaled - of the last boss you fought at a point where your party gets its last group-wide damage curve jump (all relevant PCs get Amps, Chie gets God Hand+Power Charge and Kanji gets Primal Force, Yoshitsune becomes available and, while Hassou Tobi is reasonable for Izanami and Izanami only, Primal Force/Brave Blade are -fine- at bringing the curve up, not to mention Souji L4s+Amps on other Personas as well, and then there's Auto-Mataru). 
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »
Violetta wins because the 50% MEvade makes the opening smash survivable. Since SH3 combos get stronger as the number of hits increases, it makes Lady actually do less than half damage.

I'm almost certain that with SH combos, once the first attack lands, then the rest of the hits in a combo have perfect accuracy against the same target.

At least, I've never seen a combo dropped if the height modifiers were correct when the targets were selected.  It's kind of like VP, I'd bet.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »
The problem is if you make every attack from SH auto-hit once the first hit lands, then all SH multi-hit attacks end up ridiculously accurate for overall damage. You can do that, I guess, but I don't agree... if I took them that way I'd have to greatly lower the accuracy of SH attacks against average to compensate, to the point where they probably just wouldn't hit someone with 50 evade ever. Personally I just subject SH attacks against other games' evade stats as making only a single check (which does, to be fair, mean that a SH combo that begins against someone's bad evade stat can continue and get a free lunch against their good evade stat if comboed into the other damage type... just like in-game!).

Of course I don't see Violetta as being able to dodge Lady's stuff here. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Crimson Raid is ITE given how many times I've seen it (none of which ended in a dodge) so yeah.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39:39 AM »
I would have hyped Violetta's evade if I thought it mattered. Pretty sure Lady is either ITE or has superb accuracy.

Although did Violetta have a Runner spell or whatever that boosted evade to basically perfect? If so I might have to reconsider...

(ah, only used when the Scythe is dead. Well, since they die together in one big glorious combo it doesn't matter!)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 03:46:43 AM »
Crimson Raid ITE? I don't remember, but could techs miss in SH 3?
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 03:47:35 AM »
Nope.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 03:58:41 AM »
Yeah, that's what I thought. I could see FE evade getting past Lady's attack, but not G3 evade where anything remotely high-end in game ignores it.
...into the nightfall.