Author Topic: Super polls the group- 2010 edition  (Read 4287 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: Super polls the group- 2010 edition
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »
1. What is your current favorite outfit?

Pink shirt + jeans

2. What are the five websites you spend the most time at, besides the DL? (Just a board/site name if you want to keep the URL private)

Facebook, TSN/ESPN, no others really

3. What are you doing this summer? Is it any different then what you usually do?

Workin' on my project.

4. Would you favor a change to your national election system? (IE getting rid of the US electorial college for the US, changing the brit system, etc)

Does "kick all the current politicians in the balls and replace them with people who aren't hopelessly corrupt" count?

5. How important a factor is climate/the weather in where you live?

I don't want anywhere ass cold.

6. What is the last book you read? What is the current book you're reading, if anything?

meh.

7. Do you own a computer? If so, what brand/model is it? Do you like your computer?

Toshiba lappy. I like it well enough.

8. What is your favorite fighting game? Your favorite FPS game?

Soul Calibur and don't like FPS.

9. Do you gamble at all? If so, how much do you gamble?

No.

10. What is the best entertainment purchase you've made in the last year?

I dunno. I haven't bought much.

11. Do you play PC games much at all?

no

12. Do you consider yourself addicted to the internet? Could you go without the 'net for a couple of weeks and not miss it?

i would miss it but not that much

13. Did you play board games growing up? Which ones did you play if you did?

Scrabble and Life and stuff like that.

14. Do you have a good relationship with your siblings? If you're a single child, would you want siblings?

My brother and I are way too much alike. We get along really well, although I don't approve of some of his lifestyle choices.

15. How many of your friends/family smoke? Do you smoke?

My parents smoke and most of my aunts and uncles. I think it's really gross and I would never date anyone who does.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

Jeans, pink rimmed sneakers, and heart socks on the bottom.  Lace V-neck camisole under a blue square-necked shirt that I think is supposed to show cleavage on normal height people.

2. What are the five websites you spend the most time at, besides the DL? (Just a board/site name if you want to keep the URL private)

Gmail
GameFAQs (Board 8)
Daily mtg
Future Set Speculation (during spoiler season) and the spoiler list from mtgsalvation
Uhh......The Daily Show

3. What are you doing this summer? Is it any different then what you usually do?

Recovering and moving to Atlanta.  Yes, very different I can't say I've ever done this before.

4. Would you favor a change to your national election system? (IE getting rid of the US electorial college for the US, changing the brit system, etc)

Canada's pretty solid, I feel.  I want to get rid of the Bloc Quebequois, but that's not a structural change.

Fairly important; I didn't enjoy living in Montreal at all, and San Francisco has been mostly pretty awesome.

6. What is the last book you read? What is the current book you're reading, if anything?

Last: Breaking Dawn
Current: Interview with the Vampire

7. Do you own a computer? If so, what brand/model is it? Do you like your computer?

Yes.  Dell.  Crappy--can't run TF2 ;_; (but runs Touhou okay).  I really should upgrade but I've had other things on my mind.

Fighting umm...I'm going to go with B+ (the SSBB mod).  I'm obviously going to name a smash game (I like VF4:E a lot, but even at the height of my obsession with it, I was still very into Melee).  So...a breakdown of smash games....  It's very fun to watch top-level SSBM, but there's too many glitches and exploits that make me feel I could never play like that.  SSBB I don't feel the barrier to entry for playing, but would I watch a tournament match on youtube?  They were interesting early on when people hadn't figured out optimal strategies, but these days, no.  B+ arguably has less of a glitch/exploit barrier to entry than Brawl (since they fixed some exploits like chain grabs) and still has interesting high-level play.  Oh, and a decently balanced cast.  And some added style like Wario's grab beats knocking out coins.  Yeah, feels like the clear winner.

FPS: TF2.  No thought necessary here >_>

No, basically never.  I didn't even use the penny slot machines when I was at Vegas.  The only time I've gambled was with coworkers, and I justified it to myself as "I'm paying 20 dollars for socialization and entertainment".

Uhh......probably one of Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.  Or maybe Half-Minute Hero.

Yes.

12. Do you consider yourself addicted to the internet? Could you go without the 'net for a couple of weeks and not miss it?

Yes.  No.

Yes.  Sorry was our favourite when young.  And well...I liked Dizzy Dizzy Dinosaur but my family was less enthusiastic >_>.  Monopoly was a family activity when older, as was Taboo.  Although these days if we play a board game as a family it's always Clue.  Risk I played with Excal and some of his friends.

14. Do you have a good relationship with your siblings? If you're a single child, would you want siblings?

Yes.  Excellent relationship.

No family.  Some friends (off the top of my head, Jenn, Heidi, Tams, Ruj, Nish...).  Honestly, I'm just going to estimate a percentage, so...15%?  Higher among coworkers and lesbians (i.e. the people I have extra incentive to be around--I really hate cigarette smoke).

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 05:48:27 PM »

My Aya cosplay. So much fun to be had at conventions when running around in it.

Maidens of the Kaleidoscope, Goal Line Blitz, Court Rivals, Yahoo! Sports Fantasy ______ [flavor of the season goes here], ...not sure. Probably one of Pooshlmer, 4chan or YouTube.

Aside from my part-time work, likely nothing. No different from last year.

I'd change things so that more people actually went out and voted, both in major and minor elections. Admittedly not a system change, but.

A fair bit. I'm good with cold but don't like heat very much.

Volume 3 of the Inukami! manga. Currently working through the first Haruhi novel off and on.

Relatively new custom-built HP running XP. I like it very much, it's fast enough and has enough memory for me to use Fraps without experiencing any slowdown or worrying about disk space.

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Perfect Dark. Don't get me started on Perfect Dark. <3

Very rarely. The last time I gambled was on a fantasy baseball league last year. Took second place, so I got a positive return.

Pop'n Music GBA. I say this despite not actually having played it yet. Of things I have played, probably Mega Man 10.

I used to, but not much anymore. I will still crank out Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 on occasion if I'm on a nostalgia trip, though.

Yes, no.

Mostly the standard stuff, Monopoly, Scrabble, etc. Lesser-known personal favorites included Careers, Keys to the Kingdom, The A-Maze-ing Labyrinth and The Omega Virus (though the last one scared me a bit).

Single child, and, at this point in my life, I don't think so.

Several of my family members used to smoke, but as far as I know they've all managed to quit. I do not smoke myself, I can't monetarily afford to sustain a nicotine addiction. (Same reason I don't drink.)

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:47 PM »
Hoodie, sweat pants, t-shirt.  Jeans cut into my body too much to be worth it.

SA, various other places I care about too much to share.

Nothing.  No.

Don't care.

I can survive anywhere.

Don't remember.

No.

Don't care for fighting games.  Probably some form of Halo.

No.

Nothing.

WoW, to much dismay.  TF2.  Starcraft 2 when I get a beta key/ get it for real.

Yes.  No.

Probably played everything.

No.

Too many.  No.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 07:15:54 PM »
What's this "growing up" shit?  I still play board games.

Judging by DLcon, most of us do as well.  (When there's people around to play with, anyhow).  Actually, I'm surprised I haven't seen Carcassonne or Settlers of Catan at DLcon yet.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »
Never heard of Carcassonne.  I think there was some Settlers of Catan at DLC2, but only after most people had left.  I'm not sure any of the other hosts have had Catan to play.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Taishyr

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 07:35:15 PM »
Oh, right. Carcasonne and Settlers of Catan~

Yeah, some of the latter occured as DLC2 wrapped up.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
MOTHERFUCKING SHEEP
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Layers of brown. Arrow brown and gold striped shirt over a dark brown Axist polyester shirt. Tan dockers for pants.

Something Awful, Facebook, Netflix, Anime Season and NBA.com in about that order.

I have NO IDEA. I'm seriously nervous about this. I'm thinking of volunteering somewhere, because I don't want a job, but I do want to get out of the house and perhaps meet people.

I would be in favor of CHANGING the electoral college to more accurately represent population demographics. Instead of a state-by-state basis, just divvy up whole portions of the country. I understand that the probability of something that makes this kind of sense actually happening is about ZERO.

Nil.

Last read: Soon I will be Invincible by Austin Grossman. A very engaging read. I have no current books on my list, but I'm in the market if anyone has any suggestions.

Yes. I built my own computer (with much appreciated help from my Brother-in-Law, who did the parts research for me), so it's a hodgepodge of different companies. I like it very much.

Marvel vs Capcom 1. Team Fortress 2.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.
If I'm into Poker, my swings per day can be +/- about 300 dollars in either direction. If It's the negative direction, I try to pull back and see if I'm doing something wrong, though.

"Simple Things" by Zero 7. This is a music CD.

Yes. More than any system. Although, I don't keep really up to date with cutting edge games. I play a lot of Team Fortress 2 and Dominions 3.

Yes. I am addicted.
I could go for a couple of weeks without missing the Internet, but it would have to be some CRAZY AWESOME circumstances, like touring the country and actually having fun doing it.
Or, you know, being locked in a room with a woman who loves me that looked like Yvonne Strahovski.

I still do play 'em. Growing up I liked games like Trivial Pursuit, Mindtrap, Outburst and the like. Trivia and knowledge and lateral thinking games. I still like those kinds of games, but I also like playing more strategic games now, like Monopoly, Last Night on Earth, and the like.

Yes, I get along well with my sister.

I do not smoke. A couple of my friends smoke. Many members of my family used to smoke and have since quit.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:04:09 PM by Veryslightlymad »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Well, I tend to go smart-casual, so it'd probably just be something like jeans and a nice shirt. That said, my favourite shirts don't suit that - got an awesome red one with an American eagle on it (for some reason) and another one that's blue with wolves, and I love those. <3

1. TTA, online version of Triple Triad, is definitely top. Past that... probably Facebook, devianTart, Twitter and e-mail or something like that.

If I win at VGC, going to Hawaii. If I get money, going to DLCon. Otherwise, nothing special, just meeting with friends randomly, which is what I normally do.

4. Would you favor a change to your national election system? (IE getting rid of the US electorial college for the
US, changing the brit system, etc)

Yeah, although probably nothing -too- major, outside of proportional representation.

Ehh. I'm not good with the cold, but I'm kinda used to that here. Couldn't handle it being -too- low, though. (hi Tonfa!)

Don't read often, honestly. Last thing I read was The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. Want to get back into reading soon, though, on that note.

ahahahaha my computer can go and burn. Goddamn Acer desktops.

Fighting would be Smash Bros. Melee, which is in my top 3 games ever. I've never liked an FPS.

Not now, but I do want to start playing online poker sometime soon.

Probably Persona 4. ;o

Never. Computer's too slow for 'em.

Definitely addicted. I'm almost always online, even if it's only to talk to people. Even the last few weeks, where I've been avoiding 99% of people, I've been talking in some chat channels, on MSN and I've been checking and updating Facebook. I'd probably not cope with more than a day or two offline.

Uhh, probably, but like hell if I can remember which.

Me and my sister get on so well that people tend to assume we're not related ("but siblings never get on that well!") I pretty much never talk to my brothers, although that's not really a problem.

Thankfully, none of my close family and very, very few of my friends smoke. I'm personally completely against it, which is why I say 'thankfully'.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »
   -My awesome red shorts and any loose fitting T-shirt for comfort
   -When I go out it's slacks and a polo.

-facebook.com
   -ikariam.com
   -nba.com
   -starcraft 2 forums these days, various sites
   -youtube.com

-Hopefully working, and not really.  Playing a lot more beach volleyball though now that I have courts nearby.

-The people are what's wrong with the country, the Government system is fine for the most part.

-Huge, there is only 5-6 states I think I'd ever be willing to live in.  (Barring some stupid 10 million dollar job.)

-Some puzzle book

-Yes built it with dad.  It's... I dunno.  Quad Core 28 or 3200... when I say built it with dad I mean he told me what parts to buy and he put it together.  Yes I like it minus not having Windows 7 yet.

-Don't really play them.  MK2 was favorite of all time.  L4D2 is current favorite FPS.

-... yes I gamble a lot.

-Dunno.  Bought my car, phone, tv, computer, and PS3 all between 1-2 years ago.  Nothing else I really need.

-When good ones come out.  Dragon Age, L4D2,  and SC2 been most recent.

-Yeah wouldn't be that bad.

-Still play them all the damn time.  And play/ed way too many to go into.

-Very good.  My brother is my neighbor via odd circumstances and I talk to my sister few times a week and see her once a week or so. 

-Mom smokes a couple cigs a day sadly.  Grandma smokes like 2 packs a day, but she's insane and I see her once a year tops.  None of my friends smoke.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »
Turquoise-coloured jeans, blue belt, and a striped polo, of turquoise/dark cyan colours. Pure, jet black Converse shoes.

1. Triple Triad Advance
2. Tetris Friends
3. last.fm
4. Woot.com
5. The Escapist

I'm graduating from high school. :D
I'm going into CEGEP (Quebec for college, really) for Health Sciences, with hopes of learning about psychology and becoming something along the lines of a therapist.

Whatever gets Stephen Harper out of Canada faster, sure.

Personally? No factor at all. It's May, and, where I live, in Montreal, it snowed a little not too long ago. Just another day.

Last book I read was called The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton. A truly fucked up book.

It's a Dell... not sure what kind, though. I am getting a laptop soon, however, a Dell Studio 15 with 500 gigs of room, and a great video card.

Fighting : Marvel vs. Capcom 2
FPS : TimeSplitters: Future Perfect OR Goldeneye 007

I'm not of a legal gambling age yet. lol

HALF-MINUTE HERO <3<3<3

Was addicted to Diablo II for awhile, and World of Goo is awesome. Haven't touched a PC game in a long time, though.

I wouldn't call myself an addict, but a couple of weeks is pushing it.

Hero Quest. 'cause I was awesome like that.

Love my older sister, hate (in a loving way) my younger brother. ;p

My immediate family is entirely smoke-free. Although I've got some friends that smoke.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:58:05 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »
I go to work, so I wear long pants and a short sleeved business shirt all the time.  So much that it is a habit even when I am on holiday, I replace the pants with shorts when I get home because they are comfy and easy to wear.

Now that I quit WoW?  Webcomics, Exiled Online, some other random stuff for movie reviews.

Working because my work does not stop.  Over your stupid Northern hemisphere time I will be visiting you retards.  Maybe throw some things at elves, laugh at some Ciatos and drown some Meeples.

Remove all of the candidates and ask everyone if they want to get into politics.  We will shoot anyone who says yes.  Then if we still have any business men we will shoot them.  Then we can decide if we want a socialist democracy or a try at having a communist utopia.

Weather is important, but I still live here even though the summers are dreadful.  I would like to try snow one day, but meh.  Cooler is better.

Something Vonnegut and something else by Vonnegut.

Yes of course.  Brand is quite a quaint thing to ask.  Of course I love my computer even when it isn't working.  It might fight with me, but I will always love it.  I7 860 2.8Ghz 8 GB of G-Skill Ripjaws 1333 Asus P55D Pro with an HSI 5870, onboard sound which I plan to replace with X-Fi Titanium I have lying around when I next open my case.

Soul Calibur 1 I guess, it is pretty close between that and 2.  3 was good but lacked the same charm and 4 was zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Deus Ex at the moment tops FPS, but there is so much good in the genre that shines out over the pile of bad.  Serious Sam and Doom both stand out as amazing and Quake 3/Quake Live is still the pinnacle of what it is.  Left 4 Dead and TF2 are just plain fun times.

No.

CD Player by far, the sound quality from it with the stereo I bought last year is awesome.  Definitely not my PC because that fucker cost me a mint to get on its feet.

Yes, I do like to play the big kids games for real adults.

Not addicted, but I get frustrated when I don't have access to information, so absolutely.  I bought a new phone so I could have access while catching the bus just because I HATE not being able to look up who was in that movie or what that song was.

Yes, I played stuff.  Game of Life, Stock Market Game, Careers, Monopoly.  You know, all the games you would expect someone who hates capitalism to have played.

I moved out of home with my little brother at the age of like 25 to move in with my older brother, I go bowling with my sister once a week and usually see her on the weekend.  So yes, we have issues and frustrate the fuck out of each other but we like each other enough to not kill each other.

No, a few in my extended family smoke.  Some friends do, but that isn't a big deal, they are my friends and that doesn't really enter the equation.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 04:53:10 PM »

Hustler black tee and denim jeans with a slight flare to them with sandals.

ESPN, AE, Coming Soon, The Spoony Experiment, RPGamer

Well I don't have a job (just recently fired!) so me thinks I will relax for once during the summer and then go back to school.

I don't think it will matter much regardless of what/how they change the system. It was meant to be rigged and will continue to be so.

It is very hot and it hasn't even begun to peek. Yikes!

Last book I read was the Batman Handbook. I am currently reading Dune at the moment.

I do own a computer, my friend built it for me so I have no idea what model it is.

Super Smash Bros Melee (Brawl sucks.) and  I guess Modern Warfare 2

Poker is fun. I try to play at least once everty two months or so.

My girlfriend. Does that count? She has all the new consoles, plus extra!

I do. League of Legends is my current obsession.

Yeah.

I did! Monopoly, Clue, Battleship, Scattegories to name a few. We just played a game of Twister the other night. Fun!

Yeah, I love my brother and sister despite their flaws, and I;m sure they love me despite me being me.

I don't smoke cigarettes, but most of my friends (me included) smoke the reefer.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 04:57:04 PM by Scar »
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion