Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Semifinals~  (Read 3307 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Semifinals~
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears: LANCE YOU TRAITOROUS DOG

ANIME
Gundam SEED - Akatsuki no Kuruma VS. .hack//SIGN - The World
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life: Latter's still not my style, though it definitely has merits to get this far.
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River: Top four, really, DD?

Mostly top class tracks here!
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears

ANIME
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Fies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 08:44:47 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - DDR FTW
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears - Longer title = instant win

ANIME
Gundam SEED - Akatsuki no Kuruma VS. .hack//SIGN - The World - Mmm....prefer the vocals in this one more
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - Really like both of these, oddly.  Prefer the understandable words in this one.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life - Blah.  The Ninja Gaiden track...I have a hell of a time picking out the original melody, which really hurts it.  The latter though...well, chanting makes everything better, so...
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Fies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - The OCRemix stuff is not doing it for me.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:33:57 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears

ANIME

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Fies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:05:17 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Mrf. Kind of a bland semifinals for Arranged. Main has BHotS and the Sigma Harmonics song(which sadly can't be the finals. ;_;) and Anime has The World and Forest which are both really solid. While arranged has...the Live a Live piece. Which is only okay at best.

EDIT: Looking back at the Pools 1-8 topic, I find myself really wishing I had voted for Allegro Appasionato over Border of Life. That's really grown on me and even made it on a playlist while Border has gotten old. -_-;
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:09:00 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Both are excellent. Whichever one wins here will probably take the whole thing, if I had my druthers.
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears - *plays the world's smallest violin for Tonfa*

ANIME
Gundam SEED - Akatsuki no Kuruma VS. .hack//SIGN - The World - Meh.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - I've tried to like Forest, but it just bores me to tears.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life - Border of Life tries way too hard to be dramatic. It just sounds kind of forced in the end. I would have loved to see Basilisk Run vs. Allegro Apassionato here. That would have been a good match.
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - I'd probably like the Live a Live track if it was longer. It feels like it ends right when it's getting good.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:02:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ARRANGED
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:02:18 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:57 AM »
All Kajiura all the time in Anime?  Fine by me.

Very easy for me.  But Sigma Harmonic genuinely is a top-class soundtrack, probably Hamazu's best, so no complaints about the winner at all.
Ugh.  Not that either of these are bad but they're only good.  Oh, well.

ANIME
Akatsuki is fantastic, but going with the personal favorite here.  Tempted to vote for Akatsuki on grounds of The World being in before, but eh.
Yup.

ARRANGED
Basilisk Run really can't hang at this level, and Border of Life probably loses to the bottom two as well.
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River
Shimomura.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 11:56:48 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Good match, but I'm really hearing the best of the music today, and the best of BfES is just... near enough all of it. It's got a brilliant blend of styles that come together to make an amazing piece. <3
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears - Both are good, but Saruin is just so much better. Definitely deserving of finals.

ANIME
Gundam SEED - Akatsuki no Kuruma VS. .hack//SIGN - The World - Ugh, average vs. bad. I knew there was a reason I stopped caring about the anime section a while back.
.hack//Liminality - Kioku (Liminality Version) VS. El Cazador de la Bruja - Forest - Actually exists. Forest isn't a bad song (probably the best of these four) and is up against something that stops before it can even get started.

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life - Not great, but the Touhou one is kinda annoying at points and just nothing special for the rest, while Basilisk actually has some good moments throughout.
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River - Uhh sure. Not really a fan of either of these, but this one's more lively.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River
When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 06:57:17 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:48 AM »
24 hour warning or so.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone’s Souls VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura: Pretty easy for a seminfinals match.
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Decisive Battle! Saruin - Final Battle with Saruin - VS. Castlevania: Judgment - Bloody Tears: See above.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Ninja Gaiden - OCRemix - Basilisk Run VS. Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - ARCHIV-EAST - Border of Life: It's my nom, so I'm sorta obliged.
Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway VS. Live a Live - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - The Bird Flies in the Sky, the Fish Swims in the River: How is it that the worst of the Drammatica tracks is the only one left, guys? What the hell happened to Manifold Irons? Oh well, 3/4 of the bracket is a worthy winner at least.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 04:11:15 AM »
Doorway's destination!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
9 - 5

9 - 5

ANIME
5 - 9

6 - 8

ARRANGED
9 - 6

4 - 10