Register

Author Topic: Season 61, Week 5: Tentacle rape goes awry, when Songi realizes he has none.  (Read 4991 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Season 61, Week 5: Tentacle rape goes awry, when Songi realizes he has none.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
As if anyone armed with a Disgaea spear has enough damage to beat Arnaud even in a straight slugfest!

:( I wanted to like them.

Well... Etna has an argument for having decent spear damage and... Disgaea counter hype!

...Yeah, I got nothin'.

Actually... there might just be an ITE move in one of the other weapon skillsets, which is probably better than Spear damage anyway... >.>;;

OneWingedAngel12

• Denizen
  • "I will... never be a memory."
    • View Profile
Re: Season 61, Week 5: Tentacle rape goes awry, when Songi realizes he has none.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 01:05:40 PM »
Godlike:

Myria(BoFs) vs Loki(VP) - Not pretty sure though. I just based on their previous match up.
Emelious(G3) vs Sephiroth(FF7) - In my opinion, Emelious' and Sephiroth's speed don't vary significantly. However, in terms of damage input, Sephiroth can bag the win.

Heavy:

Arnaud(WA4) vs Chie(P4) - No comment.

Middle:

Venusaur(Pokemon) vs L'Arachel(FE8) - Just a wild draw of guesses.
White Wizard(FF1) vs Blastoise(Pokemon) - Heal and damage at the same time will own, least at this case.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 06:57:22 PM »
As if anyone armed with a Disgaea spear has enough damage to beat Arnaud even in a straight slugfest!

:( I wanted to like them.

Well... Etna has an argument for having decent spear damage and... Disgaea counter hype!

...Yeah, I got nothin'.

Actually... there might just be an ITE move in one of the other weapon skillsets, which is probably better than Spear damage anyway... >.>;;

I tend to forget this, but technically Disgaea 1 techs are basically all ITE! But...Slow Down means Arnaud probably may still outslug.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
Um, no, they aren't. Level 1 character with an axe and watch a tech miss. Also, ninjas.

They probably have some stupid hit boost, granted, so this might only matter for things that are perfect evade or set hit rate to some fixed value, or really, really psychotic changes to hit rate.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 11:17:54 PM »
Mm, forgot sleep hype worked vs. Lenneth 2.  Zap might be slow but Arnaud's offense vs. Empyrea is also horrid, and if you go for full Illusion hype then Empyrea's turns are Zap + Heal.  Still, if you don't give ANY stat resistance to Empyrea I guess he wins, but I'd definitely see her as at least tanking a few stat downs, which is deadly for Arnaud (that first Illusion really needs to hit).

Was thinking mostly of Raquel as an example of Move + Attack in WA4, for what it's worth, but sure, if you think the fact that this is rare among enemies is relevant, I can see working that in.

I let Waves of Ice or whatever it is hit Illusion anyway so it's a pretty easy win for her to me.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
Godlike:

Myria(BoFs) vs Loki(VP) - Think Loki takes this one.
Emelious(G3) vs Sephiroth(FF7)

Heavy:

Songi(LoL) vs Hrist(VP2)
Arnaud(WA4) vs Chie(P4)

Middle:

Venusaur(Pokemon) vs L'Arachel(FE8)
White Wizard(FF1) vs Blastoise(Pokemon)

Light:

Lucia(L2:EB) vs Yam Koo(S1) - Not being 2HKOed and inf healing seals things here for Lucia. Also Solar Bomb... >_>
Mallow(SMRPG) vs Melody(WA3) - .........!?!

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »
...where am I...and why does this page look familiar. Oh, sorry:

Light:
Lucia vs Yam Koo: Yam wasn't the best of fighters, and unfortunately, Suikoden spellcasting<unlimited MP and healing.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »
Whoa :o

Haven't seen Orson in forever~