Register

Author Topic: Quotes collection topic  (Read 1837 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Quotes collection topic
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
I thought about doing this for a while but I've kept putting it off. I've always thought it would be cool to have a place to store/share quotes, so here we go! Feel free to add onto this list:

"Everything starts with belief..." ~ Maria Traydor

"Noble endeavors do not always reach the end that we desire" ~ Delita Hyral

"I had lived my life the only way I had known. But when the pillars of that life came crashing down, I did not stand to watch them fall. I turned, and walked away." ~ Ramza Beoulve

"The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow" ~ Alexia Lynn Elesius

"I'll be with you. I'll always support you. If your legs lose their strength, I'll carry you. If your eyes lose their light, I'll describe the world to you. I'll always be with you...so when I'm with you, please stop trembling. I want to be with you, to always be with you. That's the purpose I've found for my journey..." ~ Arnaud G. Vasquez

"How did you come to be who you are?"
"I lived each day following my heart" ~ Leanne to Cardinal Giliriano

"I won't live as long as you have, and I'll never be as powerful. Things like saving the world and fighting goddesses are just beyond me. They're out of my reach. That's why I've always chosen to fight for the smaller things in life and the people close to me. If that means I have to fight you to protect them, then so be it." ~ Sothe (FE10)

"Heh. It's funny you should ask that... I'm not deluded enough to think that I can beat you. The goddess herself would hesitate to fight you. But my people are frozen solid, and I have to delude myself enough to think that I can help save them." ~ Naesala (FE10)

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others" ~ Animal Farm

"When you have eliminated all that is not possible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" ~ Sherlock Holmes
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:08:55 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Quotes collection topic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
Fun topic.  I recognize some of this (and will add some of my own later) - do you have sources for them?
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »
I see a... FFT quote, a WA4 one, an FE10 quote (two?), and a animal farm quote. I don't know the rest.

Mine: (Swiped from my FB quotes page)

"Take what you want and then pay for it." - Spanish proverb/Lady Moiraine Damodred, Wheel of Time

"The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it. "-Adolf Hitler

"I've always been very confident in my immaturity."-Kelsier, Mistborn

"Wrong? He's traveled so far beyond right and wrong that he couldn't see them with a telescope on a nice clear night."- Mr. Croup, Neverwhere

"But in the midst of repeated failures, some self delusion about your abilities also comes in handy."-Bill Watterson

"If the President don't want to come watch us in the Super Bowl, guess what? We'll go see him!"-Charles Woodson

"Norman's palms were covered with a faint lacework of semicircular white scars. They had been made by his fingernails, but their real source was deep inside his head, an oven which had been running on broil for most of his life."-Rose Madder

"Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing. "- Cort, Dark Tower series
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:09:00 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »
I actually do! I have now included where they come from, just for you OK

Also, yeah, there are more quotes I have, but I thought I would lead off with the stuff that I personally found cool (they're on my FB page as well).
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
From memory, and it's been at least 5 years so I might screw this up, but...

REPENT NOW, Judgement day is near.  The cacophonous sounds of the seven bugles shall consume the heavens, and all sinners shall burn in the fiery wrath of the lord.  But I, no I shall not die.  Death knows no boundaries; it is an integral part of each and every life.  Death is ultimately an act of grace and love from the lord.  MmmMMMmmm, Daniel Scotius Aragainus: blameless soul.  That man has not a heart to be found in his body! ...Though I do thank him for building this monastery here.

~Roger ****ing Bacon

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." - Walt Whitman.

I am certain Walt Whitman said that.  100% positive.

--

"April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain." -American sports legend, Charles Barkley

--
"So don't change the dizzle, turn it up a little
I got a living room full of fine dime brizzles
Waiting on the Pizzle, the Dizzle and the Shizzle
G's to the bizzack, now ladies here we gizzo

When the pimp's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot..."

-English Romantic poet, John Keats

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 10:45:53 PM »
"Never look back." -Nier, after the second of several accidental genocides.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
Some other quotes, not all necessary quotable for IRL use, but good stuff nonetheless:

"It's just business" ~ Dennis Vicarth (after killing some random goon)

"You push a man for long enough and sooner or later, he's going to start pushing back" ~ Max Payne

"I don't know about angels, but it is fear that gives men wings" ~ Max Payne

"What do you mean he's unstoppable? You are superior to him in every way that counts. You are better trained, better equipped, you outnumber him at least 20 to 1. Do... your... job!" ~ (Pretty sure this was from Max Payne too, don't remember who though)

" Like the moon over
The Day, My genius and brawn
Are lost on these fools" ~ Bowser

"A single grain of rice can tip the scale" ~ Mulan

"I'm not talking about your abilities but about your will and attitude towards reaching your goals" ~ Kishimoto (Hikaru No Go)

PS: Max Payne has awesome quotes in general.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:25:49 PM by Tide »
<@Claude> yahtzee

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 12:25:28 AM »
"Believe whatever you like." -- Lezard Valeth, Valkyrie Profile

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »
"You speak of sleeping better at night? Know then, that what you would do will give you nightmares to last a lifetime. Mark my words."

"You are not doomed to failure, my friend. You are doomed to be human. Just like the rest of us. The Kysins have labeled the two of us as something special. Unique even. So perhaps our failures just sting a bit more. But we are still human."

"If this is a nightmare, I would rather wake up now."

19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:32 AM »
"Is this you talking, or the liquor?"

"I am the liquor."

Bardiche

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
"HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE." - AM (I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream)

"When virtue rises one foot, vice rises ten." - Chinese proverb.