Register

Author Topic: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 1  (Read 2886 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 1
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 04:03:39 PM »
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs): See Tal, I guess. Though wasn't some of Rudy's stuff ITD?

Doesn't matter.  Sentinel damage reduction gets EVERYTHING.  Even gravity and HP->1 stuff.  I think it affected poison too but I'm not sure on that.

Nakil - Is in the wrong division. 90% paralysis off above average speed? Um. Even if that's blocked he still has full healing, above average damage, and can buff to a solid 2HKO. Bad HP doesn't offset all this. For extra insult here, hits weakness on Blastoise so Alert -> OHKO. EDIT: Wait, STi paralysis wasn't uber, right. So he -may- be in the right division after all. But yeah, rest of the comments apply.

Yeah, the paralysis is not very good, and Nakil is FRAIL.  (Has worse HP than everyone in a game with 97 PCs... and the HPs are TIERED).

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 12:32:27 AM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon)
Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Goes first and OHKOs I guess.
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Bubba (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Klein doesn't really have resource issues since he can just make more item midbattle (and use the item on the same turn).  But I think Wren just heal locks with a physical.
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)
Levail (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - Unscaled boss HP.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - Hmm... kind of a kneejerk.
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) - See above post.
Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - I allow defending, so if Meru transforms, Fee defends through.  Afterwards, a Break and then Ein Zecksclaw should KO.
Djinn: By the way, with starting SP, the 3-turn damage average is higher since everyone gets two turns in Dragoon form.  I haven't figured out exactly how much but just sayin'.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - No reason Nakil can't chip anyway...
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) v Viktor (Suikoden Series)
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 01:03:49 AM »
His HP is like 2/3? That is bad, but it's not Nara-level. I admittedly hadn't noticed the Def, which... presumably makes him like 50% pdur, but close to average against magic? Not sure exactly how STi defences work. Eh. May be Light after all, just quite good for it. I mean, he's what Tim dreams of being, and Tim isn't bad for the division. He's not hard to OHKO, but surprisingly difficult to beat without OHKOing.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon)- We never did get detailed analysis, but kneejerk.
Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- No vote.
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- Mm.  Yeah, I think I consider Richter the more durable of the two.
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Bubba (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV)- If Tal sees a heal lock that's good enough for me.
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- Billy... actually wants to set up an AP combo here.  Cool.
Levail (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears)- So since I didn't take the idea of "Bonta-kun disables Xenogears' deathblows", the main gimmick here is that Fei will, on turns 5, 6, and 7, have ~140% accuracy.  Which means Bonta-kun has to either kill before then or save some SP back for Alert (triangle attacks fail to OHKO (I think.  Maybe the armor IS just that bad but) and Bonta-kun still has like 60% evade against them, so it's not relevant before then).  So anyway, it has to go pure Alert whore, but he... CAN kill in 18 turns (even allowing that he runs out of MP Bonta-kun in 3 and Grenade Launcher in 10 after that).  It's shockingly close though.
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)- No vote
Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- No vote.

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon)- Hmm.  Looking at it, Fee is ever so slightly faster assuming both games use literal speed (which matches my experience) and both kill on their third turn.  Fee has the Quick odds helping her secure turn 3 first anyway even if she is a bit slower, so there ya go.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon)
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) v Viktor (Suikoden Series)
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)- No vote.

Will close late-ish this evening.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:00:13 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 12:05:14 AM »
Dorothy

Bonta-Kun

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 07:07:57 AM »
Thinking on it some more, Fee doesn't even need to defend to get through Dragoon Meru.

AI2 characters have the Break command, which lowers CT by 50 initially and halves each time until the target takes another turn.  If CT goes below 0, the character is stunned (all attacks critical against them) and their speed is lowered to 25% of normal.

Since Fee is slower than Meru, she can use Break on turn one to slow her down, then throw in another Break for free damage (+crit), a basic physical (+crit), and then Ein Zecksclaw before Meru can get a second turn.  If Fee gets a Quick activation on any of the first three (50% each time, so 87.5% overall), she can get in an extra physical and use Ein Zeckslash instead of Ein Zecksclaw.  Overall without even counting the critical bonus (I'm not sure how much it is but IIRC it's 50%?) that's 1.49 PCHP damage using the 3 turn average.  Under Dragoon form, Meru has 1.27 physical durability so that's a KO and change.