Author Topic: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 3  (Read 2032 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 3
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
Dorothy- vii v Mewtwo
Rorona v Yuna- iii
Richter- ii v Isolde- i
Ladja- i v Loki- iii

Yurika- iiii v Fou-lu- i
Reicher- i v Zophar- iiii
Taupy- iiii v Myria
Adramelk- iii v Xorn

Roy- ii v Bubba- ii (Declared Our Boy by Hatbot)
Klein- i v Wren- iiii
Marta- iii v Billy- i
Levail- ii v Zeal- iiii

Domon- iiii v Weltall
Puniyo- iii v Zed- iii (Hatbot prefers little girls)
Viese- iii v Cathedral
Ghost- ii v Arnaud- i

Bonta-kun- iii v Xenogears
Lita- ii v Tifa- iii
Snow- v v Rudy
Viola- iii v Lyon

Lilina- vi v Riki- i
Lily- ii v Lilly- iiii
Cornet- iiii v Yosuke- i
Luso- vi v Ramza- ii

Fee- iii v Meru- i
Nakil- v v Blastoise
Filo- iii v Viktor
WM- iiii v Guard Scorpion- i

Cheripha- v v Beautifly- i
Bibarel- viii v Vinsfeld- ii
Lassi- iii v Kahn- i
Saki v Kain- iiii

Godlike

Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
Domon Kasshu (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Puniyo (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Ghost Ship (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City)

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Viola (Eternal Sonata)
Lilina (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III)
Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series)

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis)
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) vs White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2)
Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon)
Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 3
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:52:23 PM »
Wren- Tanky, avoids counters and doubles.
Lilly- Kneejerk
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
Godlike

Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Yep.  Thinking I am in fact actually okay with initiative Alert hype.  Whether or not it's needed here, well *shrug*
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) - LFT Adragimmick is 157.89% speed even taking the Auto-Slow into account.  Taupy is only 131% speed before he buffs.  Night Sword fucks him over but good with its ITEness.  Even without the psychotic speed, though, Taupy can't kill in a turn and Adragimmick still has nearly 3x PCHP ITE overkill (more so if you let him break the damage cap <_<)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Can take a SoS crit, should be enough.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - Well okay then
Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series) - uhm

Light

Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon) - Cheripha sucks.
Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Lassi sucks but can at least handle Kain-level damage.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:55:48 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:18:27 AM »
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) vs White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2)
What exactly is White Mage's plan here?  Filo's stuff comes back on a charge basis and White Mage's healing's selling points is the MTness not the strength.  Combined with the Defense debuff WM is just not keeping up here.  (FFT White Mage might outrace with ranged Holy > Filo, but if FFTA2 WM had ranged magic...  which doesn't seem to be in the stat topic...  probably wouldn't be able to cast it soon enough anyway.)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:11:38 AM »
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - She is faster, right?
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) Adramelk will get his comeuppance from Yurika.

Heavy

Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
Domon Kasshu (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Puniyo (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Ghost Ship (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City)

Middle

Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series)

Light

Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- Yuna's MDef prevents turn 1 Sleep, and all the other turns lag so that they go after Yuna...and therefore after summoning.

And that's it!
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
Thought: as Tifa's limit is effectively multiple attacks chained together, would they not negate much of Alert's evil?  (and of course render evasion ineffective because Limits have maxed accuracy)

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- Yuna's MDef prevents turn 1 Sleep, and all the other turns lag so that they go after Yuna...and therefore after summoning.

Mdef doesn't affect status in either game.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:05:02 PM »
Godlike

Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Strawman is the speed god, not Dorothy. It's going to take more than 2nd out of 4 here. ALSO Yuna has sleepward.

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV): Victim of equal exp? Oh most likely.

Middle

Lilina (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III): It really feels like Lilly should win this, but she doesn't. Lilly isn't too far from OHKOing (and does on her second turn), and isn't too far from FE-doubling, but doesn't pull off either, so Lilina just 2HKOs.

Light

Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon) : Yawn, then 3HKO with Super Fang + 2x Hyper Fang. Only faces two attacks this way. Bibarel's not bad when sleep isn't blocked, honestly, as well as against mages. Solid enough for the division.

EDIT: And although I can't vote on the match in question, I strongly second the idea that Tifa's limit pretty much mocks Alert (her moves are very clearly separate attacks, making separate hit checks and even having the ability to target separate enemies). She actually beats a hell of a lot of SRW that has unimpressive damage but godly defensive tricks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:08:52 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:06:11 PM »
Curse you poor recollection of games I barely care about!

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:46 PM »
Would Overclock allow her to get the requisite speed needed or does her second turn still come out too slow?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
Dorothy, even if you're generous with SDs or take TB speed literally, is very close in speed to Yuna either way, so a double just wouldn't happen. There's also the fact that turn speed order is determined before the actions go, so Overclocking in-game doesn't affect your speed in the turn it's cast.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
Actually I think it DOES affect your speed the turn it is cast? I could be mistaken.

Regardless you are correct. Dorothy's speed does not beat out that of Yuna's initiative turn.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 11:18:15 PM »
Actually I think it DOES affect your speed the turn it is cast? I could be mistaken.

I tested that fairly extensively on my replay. It does not.

EDIT: MIND, it doesn't matter to me, I let TB buffs apply immediately, but your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:20:02 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 01:00:56 AM »
Godlike

Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile) - Richter needs a stat topic entry?
Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - SRT
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) - LFT

Heavy

Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - I don't think any of the spells in Marta's magic combo are ST enough not to trigger a nasty Zeal counter.
Domon Kasshu (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Puniyo (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - SRT
Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Ghost Ship (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) - Just kinda guessing that she stalls enough to smash.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - SRT again
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Viola (Eternal Sonata) - Just outslugs. Viola could ruin Snow's Defender game with her damage buff, though~
Lilina (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III) - What NEB said.
Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series) - Starting Limit meter rule is probably enough to give Cornet a 2HKO at worst. Soldier Luso's Mdef isn't amazing, so he might just get Pancake attacked to death.

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) - Kneejerk that she just OHKOs.
Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon) - not sure.
Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Kain isn't a terrible Light.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:29:36 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 01:15:07 AM »
Godlike

Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Yeah, Yuna goes first, ARGUMENT OVER.
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile): Not really convinced Richter has anything that can really do Loki in well.

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals) vs Wren (Phantasy Star IV): Wren's fast, so he double turns eventually, and 2HKOs, and that's assuming you let Roy heal.
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger): Don't think Marta can realistically do anything after she's hit with MP Buster -> Hallatation, and don't she can manipulate around that quite well.

Middle

Lilina (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) vs Lilly Pendragon (Suikoden III): Lilina 2HKOs and counters, I wanna say; Lily doesn't quite OHKO meanwhile.
Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series): Kneejerk.

Light

Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) vs White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2): Mages are considered Ranged according to FF12RW, and Filo hates that.
Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon): Derp?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 01:32:45 AM »
Godlike

Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Loki (Valkyrie Profile)- I don't recall Richter's magic being much.
Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Not so much initiative alert for me.
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics)- No vote.

Heavy

Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)- The dual nuke makes marta :(:(:( and I don't see a real way around it for her.
Domon Kasshu (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Puniyo (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Puniyo's real money is in rapid-fire assault, which fares poorly against evade of this caliber.  
Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Ghost Ship (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City)- No Vote.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)- I wish I could remember FFVII's evade mechanics better, because they had some oddity to them, but still see above.
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Viola (Eternal Sonata)- No vote.
Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series)-

Light

Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) vs White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2)- No vote.
Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)- No vote.

Will close up in a few hours.  Votes are good.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »
Dunno if this is in in time.

Godlike

Yurika Misamaru (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - Splat.
Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction) vs Adramelk (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) - Adra is all ST and Taupy has 1 SP MT revival and a 1 SP MT offense/defense/speed buff.  Adra takes one out and then revival -> buff -> double -> blitz.

Heavy

Domon Kasshu (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Puniyo (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Domon puts up Focus/Invincible up to survive the blitz.  Eventually wins after.  Puniyo can try and stall but I doubt it'll help any due to speed.
Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Ghost Ship (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) - Viese is slower first turn but faster after to me, and she has Quick.  The Ghost Ship's physical OHKOs but it's low accuracy so it needs to land the leg bind first, but Viese can just heal that off.  Keep doing that until a double and throw in some damage there, repeat.

Middle

Cornet Espoir (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Luso (Final Fantasy Tactics Series) - Cornet doesn't even need pancakes to 2HKO average.  Probably 3HKOs FFT Luso but she goes first and Luso can't 2HKO.

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) vs Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) - Ein Zecksclaw'd.  Probably doesn't OHKO but physical+Zecksclaw should 2HKO just fine.
Cheripha (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Bibarel (Pokémon) - so much fail
Lassi (Magical Starsign) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Healing > Jump.