Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 39 (Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, fly bye)  (Read 1861 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile

"Congratulations! Let us see if you can continue this stampede of yours!"

Dhyer vs. Floor 4
Nitori vs. Floor 2
Miata vs. Floor 1

Team Dhyer's Matches

Floor 5: Turnheal

"Ah, the good healer. How adorable... Unfortunately, I've decided to turn things around. Let's see how this pans out for you!"

Team Nitori's matches

Floor 3b: Multiply

"Welcome... It seems things have been a bit boring as late around here. Let's spice things up by increasing the range on abilities! Be careful, it isn't just your own! Hahahaha!"

Team Miata's Matches

Floor 2a: The Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)

"Welcome to this ruin! Here you find many mysteries... many many mysteries. Perhaps some adventurers, as well!"

Team Dhyer | Ness, Cielo, Nina1, Raja, Seifer (Status Symbol)
[Floor 5b: Turnheal]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team Dhyer vs. Bow and Rand
Team Dhyer vs. Mint, Rena and Tear
Team Dhyer vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg
Team Dhyer vs. Crono and Magus
Team Dhyer vs. LFT Adramelk

Team Nitori | KOSMOS, Arc, Sasarai, White Wizard and Marisa
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Nitori vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Nitori vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Nitori vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge
Team Nitori vs. Alma and Kresnik
*Full Heal
Team Nitori vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Team Miata | Lenneth, Aika, Alicia, Kevin (Firefly) Strago
[Floor 2a: Crumbling Ruin]
Team Miata vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Miata vs. Jack (ACF) and Rudy (ACF)
Team Miata vs. Opera and Ernest
Team Miata  vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team Miata vs. Vyse and Aika

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget attacks will focus on the bearer only. (E.g. MT Attack will hit the bearer (# of allies) times. (A 5 person party would have them be hit 5 times.))
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:16:35 AM by Nephrite »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 39 (Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, fly bye)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:03 AM »
Team vs. Flay and Nikki
They have to set up on Kevin, and Nikki isn't OHKOing him, so a Heal goes off.  Surely their combined offense can kill Nikki by the start of round 2.
Team vs. Jack and Rudy
...WA1 Jack in the Dungeon?  Of the 130% speed 75% MT ID?  Um.  Anyway.  How exactly does neo-Firefly interact with MT?  Old Firefly was useless vs. MT, but the new one says "Multitarget attacks will focus on them for that attack."  Does that mean Kevin eats 5 ID attempts, or only apply to things like Loki's Indiscriminate?  If the first, the team is fine, as kill Jack with everything, and I assume that Lenneth starts with Invoke Feather to bring back Kevin, but I'd say that this is pretty rough for...  any floor of the dungeon, really, as it entirely screws over non-Firefly / non-Status Symbol teams.  Even Aika is useless here as Jack ID is physical.

EDIT: Okay, it's ACF folks.  Everyone starts with 0 FP in WA:ACF, I assume?  Then they die horribly as they can't kill Kevin before one of them dies.
Team vs. Opera and Ernest
Freeroll.
Team vs. Cliff and Mirage
Freeroll again.  At worst Kevin loses his precious precious MP.
Team vs. Vyse and Aika
Hey look it's the mirror match.  Vyse & Aika have 7 SP together so they can theoretically Skull Shield / Delta Shield forever, and if that leads to a draw I'd count that as a loss for the team unable to win.  Skull Shield turns off Lenneth / Alicia's ability to set up Soul Crushes and Kevin's ability to combo, and Delta Shield turns off Strago / Aika's magic...  BUT...  Miata's team actually wins the stallfest because Aika can slowly Alpha Storm them out.  So V&A have to go on the offensive.  If Vyse doesn't Skull Shield, horrible things happen, so he does.  That leaves Evil Aika having to make things happen.  To recap, relevant abilities:

Lenneth & Alicia: Heal duty.
Kevin: Can absorb the first offensive hit with Firefly, worthless otherwise.
Good Aika: Alpha Storm (4 SP), Noxi (3 SP).  Healing and Delta Shield are basically irrelevant here.
Strago: 2 shots of Aqua Rake?  Maybe 3 if you see Floor 2 as lateish.

Problem is that Evil Aika only fears Good Aika of the vaunted current 2 SP for powering specials, and Strago, who lacks a OHKO by Floor 2 with Aqua Rake, and still only has 2 shots of it max.  Evil Aika will focus turn 1.  Let's assume Miata plays offensive before Evil Aika can build up a big store of SP.  So... Aqua Rake + Good Aika focus.  Round 2, Evil SoA has (7-5) + 3 + 7 = 12 SP to play with, or 7 SP after Skull Shield, so...  not enough for Sacrum, but that may not matter.  Evil Aika Sacrulen's herself, then eats incoming Aqua Rake + Alpha Storm.  Early Alpha Storm is actually okay on damage, and Aqua Rake is still really scary even if not OHKO, so...  this probably kills Vyse (although I should add that the MDef average in the stat topic should be notably lower as I for one see the Cupil Ring for Fina as really illegal, and it spikes the average). And that's probably gg.

Of course, if you force things to a turn-based guessing game against Delta Shield a la Silent Lake or how opposing abilities work, it gets trickier, as Evil Aika can Delta Shield a lot and mix in surprise healing every once in awhile, or surprise focusing if they're healed up.  This makes Strago gunshy as he really does not have a lot of Aqua Rakes to work with.  OTOH, Strago is from a system with free wait, and while it is possible to input a command be screwed over by surprise Wall, it's not THAT common.

So yeah.  Gonna lean toward a pass here, though it's actually rather close in the last fight.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:16:37 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:14 AM »
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team Dhyer vs. Bow and Rand- This floor is funny. Nina initiative reverse IDs Bow. Ness and Cielo healing should then take out Rand.
Team Dhyer vs. Mint, Rena and Tear- Nina initiative reverse IDs Mint. Tear's best is 70 (77% w/ Seal stone)% GT, Rena is...45% (50%) MT. They basically need to kill everyone minus Seifer or fall to damage. Things that mess this up: Seifer (or anyone) going in between them, Any of the people who need to be killed standing far apart enough that Tear can't get them all (that alone is really enough here, but looking fully at it), maybe Cielo casting Acc down before they can move (If that does something) or either of them being slower than Ness (Which...given that Tear either needs the 60% or 70% healing is pretty probable. In that case, no one on my team dies). Really, I just need anyone who isn't Seifer alive because...
Team Dhyer vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg- Start the lolz. Ramza can heal, Alma can heal and debuff (Minus the debuffs here though) and arguably Poison (Regen), Zalbag can boost his ally stats (Ruins), heal and...use status (Out), and Dycedarg can destroy not really relevant equips (Floor where weapons are nigh useless and defense isn't logistically hittable!), have 25% revival! (probably beats Cielo's) or use...status. I feel like I'm missing something because this team is bad here. regardless of my seal stone.
Team Dhyer vs.Crono and  Magus- Crono has healing and ID (immuned) and Magus has...healing and revival? Am I missing something mk 2?
Team Dhyer vs. LFT Adramelk- Yeah, this one has status and revival. Third match in a row that essentially has no damage on this floor? This time I know I'm not missing it since Neph basically confirmed it!

Others later, although yes, I second the question on if Firefly just basically wrecks MT used on turn 1.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:46 AM »
Alma uses DEATHSPELL 2 on normal teams.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
Ah, status healing is reversed, but status is normal. Still leaves the final 3 matches where there's only 1 real attacker (That I completely null) unless you want to count WISH.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 06:26:47 AM »
Yes, your sealstone does a good job of dealing with this floor. Alas.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:56 PM »
Team Dhyer, as stated, passes in a laughter.  No vote on the other two teams.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »
It calls for some new and delightfully delicious Nyarlie eval! ^_^

Anyone want to present any arguments for/against Team Nitori?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
If Nitori has a problem, it's that his team is slower then my team (Although...depends on how you take Arc). If Arc is above average, then he and Sas can team up to MT smash things first. Actually, on average Marisa will interrupt someone. Bascially comes down to the same thing my team did (Can we get the right interruptions in time). I would have to look into it in full to be sure, especially since of the fights was beefed up a little (And badly needed it!).

Miata...assuming Lenneth comes with Invoke Feather out of the box? The floor doesn't have much MT/GT, but it's there. Such want to be sure the team has revival.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »
VP2 Lenneth-

Guard Reinforce - Initial
Heal - Initial
Invoke Feather - Initial
Might Reinforce - Initial
Normalize - Initial

(from VP wiki)

Yeah I was 99.9% sure she did start with it but I thought it was worth rechecking too.

Hmmm ... gonna abstain on Team Nitori now I think. I'm not familiar with most of his team and the two I am familiar with (KOSMOS and White Wizard) I don't remember much of KOS (and XS2 only) which leaves ... White Wizard solo =D

Edit: Oh yeah pass to Team Dhyer of course. Lenneth having Invoke Feather and Snowfire's arguments for Miata are good enough for me as well -pass to Team Miata~
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:42:57 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »
Everyone passes.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Snowfire's assessment of Team Miata was a fun read, I must add.

Also, everyone passes. Nina on Reverse floor is awesome. Status symbol against the ARPG healers was really good considering the amount of status healing they have.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
Team Dhyer vs. Bow and Rand - Nina takes care of Bow with Heal, and then Rand explodes to Ness and Raja.  Simple.
Team Dhyer vs. Mint, Rena and Tear - That's a lot of healing.  Unfortunately, that's also a lot of status vulnerabilities.  Nina uses heal, Ness makes a fortune off Diamonds.  Anyone in the team dying is problematic, but as long as it's not Cielo, he should be fine.
Team Dhyer vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg - There is actually danger in this match, in that Alma starts out with a Healing Staff, and therefore gets it legally (to me at least) to beat things over the head with on this floor.  Wish deals 40% the user's HP to a target while healing 20% making Ramza (and Alma) rather hard to kill if they actually wanted to use that.  Speed Ruin on Alma could be devastating, and Dycedarg might actually have a use if Alma goes the path of the Healing Staff?  That all said, I'm pretty sure Dhyer has this in the bag - his team is a literal atomic bomb compared.
Team Dhyer vs. Crono and Magus - Thanks to Status Symbol, these two literally can't win - the only healing spell Crono has is Life, and Dhyer's ID-immune right now.  Magus doesn't even have anything.
Team Dhyer vs. LFT Adramelk - Status Symbol completely neuters this floor.  Adramelk only has Raise, so he goes poof.

Team Nitori | KOSMOS, Arc, Sasarai, White Wizard and Marisa
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Nitori vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Nitori vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Nitori vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge
Team Nitori vs. Alma and Kresnik
*Full Heal
Team Nitori vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - abstain - I know White Wizard, maybe Sasarai.  That's not enough to really be voting on this team.

Team Miata vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Miata vs. Jack (ACF) and Rudy (ACF)
Team Miata vs. Opera and Ernest
Team Miata  vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team Miata vs. Vyse and Aika - It all seems good to me.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:22:07 AM »
Man... nobody seems to know Arc. I'm really glad I never used him in a team now that none of the Nyarlie's voters have played his game... >.>;;

This might be a sign that despite how awesome he is, he might need to be retired...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
I know Arc, it's just that that floor 3 is a painful thing to analyze because it's all about having the right speeds.  The bigger question mark I have is Sasarai, who I have no real idea how his speed plays out at his joining in game (or if I'm to take him as he joins or as he joins+allocating skill points he joined with. Assuming they joined with skill points?)
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 06:56:37 AM »
I'd take him with his starting skills but scale them down... so he doesn't start with an S in Earth Magic.

Bardiche

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 07:37:42 AM »
Yeah, Sasarai is terribly slow on Earth until floor 3 or 4... I'd take him as having an S-Rank by now. Maybe 4 if I am a little less generous. Don't think Suiko skills took that long to gather if you focused solely on one.