Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2011 Season 1, Week 3- Wherein Nobody Can Vote  (Read 1902 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2011 Season 1, Week 3- Wherein Nobody Can Vote
« on: April 18, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
Tibarn v Julius- ii
Lenneth- iii v Dialga- iiii
Lambda- ii v Yuri- v
Pope v Rorona- ii

Delita- iii v Adelle- i
'zam v Carver- iii
Auron- i v Fang- vi
Georg v Rosie- iiii

Garde v Stocke- v
Yullie- ii v Misha- i
Tifa- i v Mavelle- v
Beatrice- iii v Denam- i

Feebas- i v Farmer- ii
Magikarp v Papillon- vi
Mukumuku- i v Rogue- i
Bad Pun- i v Bad Pun 2- iiii

Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Xorn (Grandia III)
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Julius (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War) vs Dialga (Pokémon)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland)

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Carver (Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation)
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Brigette 'Rosie' Stark (Valkyria Chronicles)

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)
Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Ledah (Riviera: The Promised Land)
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Beatrice (Wild ARMs 3)

Light

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3)
Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Papillon (La Pucelle: Tactics)
Mukumuku (Suikoden II) vs Swoobat (Pokémon)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2011 Season 1, Week 3- Wherein Nobody Can Vote
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Godlike

Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Holly is badass, but I doubt she's badass enough to overcome fire being quartered. EDIT: Right, Fou can't do that. In that case, she hits the right defence and is faster. I could see both 3-rounding each other easily enough. I think Fou has a case to survive three hits... but Holly also has a case to 4-3, and the latter case is probably stronger to me.

Heavy

Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Fox Hunt to make a mockery of Raze's offence, then spam Falcon Swoop. The first step probably isn't even necessary.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:22:36 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Xorn (Grandia III)
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): I thought Fou-Lu was neutral to fire. Or I guess he could change the alignment. Oh well. (Edit: Or not! Holly roasts him, which is... pretty amazing really)
Julius (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War) vs Dialga (Pokémon)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland): Faster.

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep): I guess Sleep? I'm still not comfortable with Edge status being that awesome but whatever.
Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Strawman is fairly epic at this.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Carver (Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation): Think he 2HKO's with Double-Up and isn't OHKO'd as a result.
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Brigette 'Rosie' Stark (Valkyria Chronicles): Status? Sure. Status.

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII): Healing is not a way you get around Eruca. Leastwise when your damage sucks.
Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Ledah (Riviera: The Promised Land)
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Again with it not being a good idea to rely on healing against these ones.

Light

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia): Physical damage wins the day? Sure.
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3): Her damage and healing should be good enough for this much.
Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Papillon (La Pucelle: Tactics)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:53:17 PM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
Wait, yeah, Fou can't resist fire. Um. Hmm.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:42:13 PM »
Godlike

Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - I can buy NEB's reasoning.
Julius (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War) vs Dialga (Pokémon) - If FE4 used modern FE doubling mechanics I might be conviced to vote the other way, but as it stands both halve each other's damage, but I doubt Dialga can safely deal with Julius's counters and Wrath.

Heavy

Fails.

Middle

Also fails.

Light

Mukumuku (Suikoden II) vs Swoobat (Pokémon) - *thwaps OK, CK, and Hatbot with a rolled up newspaper*

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 03:00:06 AM »
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Brigette 'Rosie' Stark (Valkyria Chronicles)
I'm actually willing to let Rosie go first here (I'd kneejerk attacks as a bit fast in FF13 and anything else as a bit slow due to the difference in tying up the enemy), but she doesn't quite make the OHKO even given straight stat topic hype, which I"m not sure I agree with.  That said she certainly 2HKOs.  Unfortunately in FF13 something like tossing a grenade I'm pretty sure counts as a physical skill (no "Manadrive Grenade" for the enemies), so I'm going to say that Pain shuts down Rosie entirely except for Ragnaid, so that means 5x Pain gives Fang an 80% chance of winning.  If Rosie's grenades are seen as magic, then Fang needs to do Slow / Slow / Slow / Pain / Pain (can cancel the last Pain if got lucky) -> both Pain and Fog if Pain missed, 5x Fog if Pain hit, and just losing if Slow missed.  That's coinflippy but some quick probabilities suggest Rosie generally takes that one, though not always.

Middle

So, uh.  Eruca is a bit above average speed, so she goes first and switches with Hope.  Hope tosses up Shell and Haste.  Eruca immediately double turns with her best damage.  Does that kill Hope?  Checking, FF13 Shell is 33% damage reduction...  but the stat topic also claims Eruca has a very high 2HKO, and Hope's HP is terrible, so sure, I'll buy it.  Seems at least somewhat close though, infinite healing does mean that if you can't close the deal in your doubleturn, you pretty well lose.
This sounds like the same match as the above except Stocke uses his physical beatdown after the switch.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:01 AM »
Snowfire: If Eruca gives up her first turn to Hope.... can't hope just one-shot her? I mean, I know he's no powerhouse, but isn't Eruca durability worse than like... Yulie?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »
Hope is like half average damage without Commando and average with it (And magic at that, so Eruca durability is merely just bad in this case).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 12:58:15 AM »
I'm just going by the RH stat topic here:

Physical Durability:   0.51 (X_X)
Magic Durability:   0.76

Hope's got
A) the wrong damage type
B) terrible, cast-worst in practice, damage with an "only core roles" interp.  

You don't see .76 PCHP damage for an Eruca Magic OHKO outside of Heavy in general, and plenty of solid slugger Heavies don't even have that.  Moreover this is utterly laughable for me, because I don't let Hope have Commando/Sab/Sen, so he's stuck with bad Ravager magic damage - functionally game worst, since Vanille has Imperil to make Ravager decent in the DL.  See http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,5635.msg126325.html#msg126325  .  Hell, even if Hope went first, he still isn't 2HKOing.  Hope baaaaarely can 2HKO if he opens with Haste / Faith -> 2x turns of damage at least.

That said I doubt the only core roles interp matters, I'd be shocked if even Commando Hope could manage the OHKO here.  (Commando Hope who goes first should win, though.)

Ninja'd by Dhyer.  Dhyer!  Stick the RH and FF13 threads into the archive! ( http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,258.0.html )

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »
As another minor note, I just recalled that Eruca's best damage is ice.  Hope can open Shell / Barfrost instead, which...  huh, no, Hope wants Haste.  But if you allow ultimate weapons so that Hope has 6 ATB slots and he opens Shell / Barwater / Haste, then this forces Eruca to her worse nonelemental damage, which by the stat topic vs. center row, but reduced by 33% due to Shell, deals .776 PCHP damage.  Still enough to off Hope in Eruca's double.  And actually a bit more than that anyway due to the combo bonus.

EDIT: On second thought, will Haste mess up Eruca's switch?  Still don't think it matters, as if Hope doesn't open defensive he just loses to Eruca offense, and if he opened defensive Eruca can keep switching until she gets her double turn eventually.  Okay, close than I thought.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:21:11 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »
Remember that Eruca can block two of Hope's attacks with Divine Light.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 04:22:25 AM »
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- Definitely 3HKOs to me

Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- I'm assuming that the Caffeinated skill is ID immunity (Don't have my notes handy at the moment) and Raze can then block Confusion with an accessory. Even better, Caffeinated can come with Strong Pinch, which the evil evasion skill. Fox Hunt helps a lot, but Raze has the concrete durability and damage advantage, and Strong Pinch evens up the evasion a little.

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- Yulie could make this closer, but I don't respect any source of her damage enough for that.
Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Beatrice (Wild ARMs 3)- Mavelle can cut sleep by 70%, but not quite enough

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia)- Divisional mismatch
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3)- Yukari can avoid the limit zone...just needs to chip within like 1%, assuming the limit zone starts at 35%. I suppose she could equip the worst weapon possible and maybe have damage that bad though...If so...it's Laguna, so it's not like he'll have anything that can stop her sans limit I suppose...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:00:46 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »
Godlike
Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - o_O!
Julius (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of The Holy War) vs Dialga (Pokémon) - I think the durability edge may be enough?

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) - Holy crap, what an awesome match. Okay, so Yuri easily one-turns Rorona. Except of course, that his damage is all multi-hit combos, and Rorona auto-heals between hits thanks to her Elixirs. Luckily, Yuri's combo is REALLY long, and since she uses a full Elixir -every time-, she'll eventually run out of Elixirs. The question then is whether she runs out of Elixirs before Yuri's spent up too many hits of the combo to still OHKO her. Because if he -doesn't- one-turn her, she busts out the ridiculous Tera Bomb damage and that's it for Yuri (even if he has something to block Fire, she has a few other OHKOs here). Since Rorona is under average speed, Yuri should go first by any standard DL view, so I'm interested in seeing how many Elixirs people will allow. I personally have been capping Item-users at 10 of any one item for a while now, but this is the first time it's ever mattered. Since Yuri's combo is somewhere in the area of 150(?) hits, I'd say he takes it. But if other DLers are allowing Rorona max Elixirs (I don't know how many this is), it could be significantly closer.

Heavy

Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Brigette 'Rosie' Stark (Valkyria Chronicles) - Grenades are the pretty much the only non-physical damage type in VC from what I've played of it, that's enough for me.

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) - Whelp, I'm convinced.
Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Ledah (Riviera: The Promised Land) - Oh this is just mean. Ledah's awesome, but Fire-reliant and Madason is just loaded with Fire res... Even with Ledah's decent Regen, I think he has too much trouble making the damage stick and forcing a heal-lock.
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - If a multi-hitting healer-mage couldn't outslug Eruca fast enough, Yulie really doesn't stand a chance (especially since he can knock her out of her defensive hexes! Cute idea, CK)
Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Beatrice (Wild ARMs 3) - I don't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure SO1 has sleep-blockers, and combined with SO1 mage-hype, this is my kneejerk.

Light

Levatte (Eternal Poison) vs Judith (Tales of Vesperia) - simple outslugging, probably doesn't even need the Fatal Strike ID...
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3) - It's Takeba*, and I guess she chips with Pierce attacks and then Garulas passed Laguna's terrible limit range.
Mukumuku (Suikoden II) vs Swoobat (Pokémon) - *chuckles* No clue, but I'm imagining a cloudrace between them.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:33 AM »
Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Beatrice (Wild ARMs 3) - I don't remember for certain, but I'm pretty sure SO1 has sleep-blockers, and combined with SO1 mage-hype, this is my kneejerk.

SO 1o has Sleep? I haven't played it, but every subsequent game that TriAce has made hasn't had it to my knowledge, so I'd be a bit surprised.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
As far as I can recall, it does not.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Takeba (Persona 3) - Yeah, this is her kinda fight. Chip, heal, chip, heal, win.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:18 PM »
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Carver (Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation) - 40% evade should be enough here, since Carver's relying on a 2HKO.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 05:55:35 PM »
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) - Holy crap, what an awesome match. Okay, so Yuri easily one-turns Rorona. Except of course, that his damage is all multi-hit combos, and Rorona auto-heals between hits thanks to her Elixirs. Luckily, Yuri's combo is REALLY long, and since she uses a full Elixir -every time-, she'll eventually run out of Elixirs. The question then is whether she runs out of Elixirs before Yuri's spent up too many hits of the combo to still OHKO her. Because if he -doesn't- one-turn her, she busts out the ridiculous Tera Bomb damage and that's it for Yuri (even if he has something to block Fire, she has a few other OHKOs here). Since Rorona is under average speed, Yuri should go first by any standard DL view, so I'm interested in seeing how many Elixirs people will allow. I personally have been capping Item-users at 10 of any one item for a while now, but this is the first time it's ever mattered. Since Yuri's combo is somewhere in the area of 150(?) hits, I'd say he takes it. But if other DLers are allowing Rorona max Elixirs (I don't know how many this is), it could be significantly closer.

I don't think the Elixirs will heal in the middle of multihit attacks...

Also, Elixirs become storebought, IIRC.  Not really a reason to not allow max.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 06:48:58 PM »
Godlike

Shinobu
Holly

Middle

Light

Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:44:31 PM by Nephrite »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 07:00:44 PM »
Doesn't Yuri just ID her anyways?
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:51 PM »
She can immune ID. Not that it matters since Elixers do NOT trigger between hits (although they do trigger between double-actions and so on) and Yuri OHKOs her.