Author Topic: Futurama 2011 Season 1, Week 4- Wherin everyone stopped caring  (Read 1756 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Dancougar- i v Xorn
Fou-lu v Holly- vi
Julius- i v Dialga- i (Hatbot)
Yuri- ii v Rorona

Edge- i v Aqua
Strawman- ii v Raze- i
Delita- i v Carver- i (Hatbot)
Fang- ii v Rosie- i

Eruca- iiii v Hope
Hero- i v Ledah
Stocke- v v Yulie
Mavelle- ii v Beatrice

Lavette v Judy- iii
Laguna v Yukari- v
Farmer v Papillon (Tallychu)
Muku- i v Swoobat- i (CK)

Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Dialga (Pokémon) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure)

Light

Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3)
Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Mukumuku (Suikoden II)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2011 Season 1, Week 4- Wherin everyone stopped caring
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Not sure who is faster, but Strawman's got the odds on his side... one turn (evade buff) screws over Edge, while Edge may easily miss/fail to finish Strawman off and miss again even if he strikes first.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
Mavelle- ii v Beatrice

I voted for Beatrice! Not like it would have mattered...

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- Sure, evade up, status.
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- Is going to win 4 matches in a row using the same trick out of many she has? Well, that trick was better than I thought (And she is so glad for the ID protection)

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- Didn't get far enough to vote really
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure)- Don't let Stocke get all statuses, and either Arc Crystal or Death Crystal does it.

Light

Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3)- Still not a Light versus a Light.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »
Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - Failing to OHKO is not something you want to end up doing against high-end SRWJ bullshit.  Edit: On the other hand, Holly is fairly well equipped to handle that sort of bullshit.

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - I'll bite.

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) - Edit: Seal Crystal should still work well enough, I think?  Though if SO1o's isn't accurate this could well be a thing.  Also if you only allow one Sky Drop then Death Crystal still works since Marvel can halve fire and thus dodges the 2HKO, so keeping vote on the balance of interps.

Light

Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Mukumuku (Suikoden II) - Not.  A.  Fucking.  Squirrel.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:30:36 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »

Meh.  Turns on interps, I suspect, as Eruca really wants Shine to hit here.  Hero can't OHKO, and I think Eruca can hustle out the first turn anyway.  Problem is that I don't think Eruca can Switch -> 2HKO unless Shine hype is go (which I guess I allowed vs. Hope before I saw how Shine worked myself) despite there only being a 1/3 chance of hitting size-1 randoms this way.  Burst Light won't cut it.  There's G-Frost, but Hero has some fairly impressive cold resist he can stack up, so I'm unsure if even that will 2HKO here.  I think the wives are over-represented in the stat-topic averages (you can only get one for the second half of the game) which makes Hero's speed better but his HP worse.  This makes it easier for maybe G-Frost to sneak out the 2HKO anyway, but also kind of nulls the Divine Light stalling strategy, as Eruca won't be able to set up a triple turn for far too long before she runs out of MP.

Also, no vote in SO1, but go Stocke if status hype is the only chance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:46:12 AM by SnowFire »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
Godlike

Dialga (Pokémon) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Roar of Time

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Fox Hunt, I guess...
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII): Mmm. I think.

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride): Snowfire. You do realize that against one-hit enemies Eruca can just use Divine Light and get as much of a ten-turn chain, right?

Light

Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3): Gungnir was Fire/Wind. Yukari laughs at Wind, but in ToV Fire/Wind explicitly = Thunder. And I'll hold that true for here.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:34:30 PM by Pyro »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure) - I don't let the Sky Drops get ID, since IIRC RH doesn't even have that, so Death Crystal does its work here.

RH does have ID.  It's kind of uncommon, but I think some enemies in the sewers used it.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »
I stand corrected, then (I never saw it, go figure).  I'm not sure this changes much given that IIRC SO1o Stasis Crystal is not technically a status, but good to know that the ID argument is apparently something of a wash, at least assuming Sky Drops did have the decency to get that.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:19 AM »
Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride): Snowfire. You do realize that against one-hit enemies Eruca can just use Divine Light and get as much of a ten-turn chain, right?

Uh...  that's...  okay, sure, vote changed.  There's basically never any reason to switch a turn far in the future in-game which is why I was assuming by default that it's only worth getting a double-turn for (or triple turn off a natural double turn), but Divine Light spam can set that up so long as Eruca is faster.  And I think she still only gets a triple turn off this, not anything crazier (if that was ever needed)?  Look at it this way:

Eruca1: Divine Light
Hero1: Hit
Eruca2: Switch with Hero3 turn
Hero3: Hit
Hero2: Hit (Eruca in massive pain)
Eruca3, Eruca4, Eruca2: Damage -> Win.

(EDIT: mixed up Hero4/Hero3 somehow before)

Seems like it should be that when Eruca uses the Divine Light strategy:
Faster and 2HKOs / Slower and OHKOs: Eruca gets one turn at a time safely.  (Can still win, but not vs. Hero who has Fullheal and great MP reserves.)
F & 3HKO / S & 2HKO: Eruca can set up a triple turn using the above strategy.
F & NHKO  / S & (N-1)HKO: Eruca can set up N+1 turns in a row.

Where faster and slower are strictly init-related and ignoring natural doubleturns.

Re the enemies in the sewers: They did indeed use an attack called "Death shot."  I never saw it connect, though.  But it did terrible damage so I assume there was some status hype behind it, rather than being an attack with naming aspirations larger than its abilities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:00:08 AM by SnowFire »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen the ID hit.

Snowfire: I don't think you're seeing what all Eruca can do with Divine Light and turn shift.

Assuming they swap turns for simplicity.

Eruca: Divine Light
Opponent: Attack (1 left)
Eruca: Switch with next turn. (OEEOEOEOEO)
Opponent: Attack ( 0 left)
Eruca: Switch with next turn. (OEEOEOEOEO)
Eruca: Switch with next turn. (OEEEOEOEOE)
Opponent: Attack (0 left)
Eruca: Switch with next turn. (OEEEOEOEOE)
Eruca: Switch with next turn. (OEEEEOEOEO)
Opponent: Attack (0 left)

And repeat the loop as much as needed.  She can get to 10 turns in a row, but each loop requires 10 MP to get one more turn, so if she needs to be using MP intensive stuff on all of them that may not work (but physical spam for a bunch of them followed by magic does some serious damage).

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Dialga (Pokémon) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

Heavy

Edge Eblan (Final Fantasy IV) vs Strawman (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Middle

Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure)

Light

Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Mukumuku (Suikoden II)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
Heavy

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- "I like this shiny auto win button, I like this shiny auto win button, I like this shiny auto win button"~ Fang

Light

Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yukari Tekaba (Persona 3) - Deja vu Deja vu~

"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Godlike

Shinobu Fujiwara (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - Failing to OHKO is not something you want to end up doing against high-end SRWJ bullshit.

Fun fact: unless you see SRW spirits as initiative a la Elfboy, Holly just gets two turns first and spams Dream Land to victory (ignoring madness about sleeping a robot, sleeping pilots can't make a robot work either >_>). Since Shinobu has zero OHKOing power as well, even if you do, alternate Magic Thunder spam with Dream Land until it hits, profit. She gets at the very least two or three shots of Dream Land in before Shinobu even deals above 50% her health in damage, and landing a single one ends the fight. Multiacting is Alert's worst enemy, and match-winning status is SRW's second-worst enemy for a reason!
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 04:34:05 PM »
I think most of the forms of Dancougar have both Alert and Focus, though I've personally never really decided how I see Focus interacting with percentage based... anything...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
Focus shouldn't affect Magic Thunder (which is dispel), since it -does- own magical evade in its own game. Also, Dancougar's base evade is so low that it shouldn't go above negatives even -after- casting it. Focus affecting Dream Land accuracy is fine, but that's why Holly spams Magic Thunder to begin with, and it being a field effect also makes me likely to say it dispels even Alert and so forth.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
Dream Land/Magic Thunder, right!  She had those.  That's probably enough here, yeah.

shut up it's not my fault that i forgot about moves that she barely-if-ever used
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:32:01 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »
Man, you were a lucky bastard.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
Godlike

Dialga (Pokémon) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- Pretty sure Yuri's faster, at which point ID.

Heavy

Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- No vote.

Middle

Eruca (Radiant Historia) vs Hero (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- Precisely the sort of opponent Eruca eats alive.
Stocke (Radiant Historia) vs Mavelle Foresson (Star Ocean: First Departure)- *skim* I don't see any anti-fire options for Mavelle (at least for the version I played), Stocke should win even allowing that Death Orb is fast.

Light

Farmer (Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City) vs Mukumuku (Suikoden II)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
Closing tonight, etc.