Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 45  (Read 1310 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 45
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:07:55 PM »

"Let us begin again. I see some old faces... I wonder what you can do this time around."

Team Andy and Djinn vs. Dungeon Floor 4
Team Super vs. Dungeon Floor 2

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team Super | Edgar(Speed?), Maxim, Zemeckis and Hydra, Hawk, Kyra
[Floor 2a: Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)]
Team vs. Flay and Nikki
Team vs. Jack and Rudy
Team vs. Opera and Ernest
Team vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team vs. Vyse and Aika

Team MOUSTACHE | Athos, Adray, Moulder, Bartz with a Moustache, Alakazam (MOUSTACHE Sealstone)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning)]
[Bartz: Monk]
Team Moustache vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe and Gorudo
Team Moustache vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Moustache vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Moustache vs. Milon Z, Kainazzo and Garland (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Moustache vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics QueklainLaggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowswer (Speed?), FFT Priest
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning)]
Team dude vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe and Gorudo
Team dude vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team dude vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team dude vs. Milon Z, Kainazzo and Garland (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team dude vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics QueklainLaggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.

MOUSTACHE - Allows the team to have 12 points because of the power of 'stache.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:10:06 PM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 45
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
Blanket pass to all three teams.

Super's team is solid enough, for all thaI don't know Zemeckis and Hydra. Even so, Maxim, Edgar, Hawk and Kyra can deal with it by themselves.

Athos on floor one. >_>

Deis2 on floor one. >_>

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:21:34 PM »
BUT BUT BLISSEY AND AXEM GREEN

Bardiche

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
... Athos is scaled with his endgame stats, right? I dunno, that's pretty much "OP LOL" so he oneshots them. >_>

Otherwise they eat Emily damage boosted by Bowser, with some Deis and Jerin on the side. I dunno, they're pretty much toast. :( Do you want to argue otherwise?

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Athos is also stuck with Eclipse for Floor 1, so there's not much oneshotting going on there on his part.  That said 'zam starts off as a 'zam so even Confusion would sting pretty badly at this point.

Willing to kneejerk that all teams pass at any rate.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
Everyone passes. Emily might not be quite the damage monster she is at endgame, but she's still pretty solid and Deis has all the important parts of her skill set already (solid MT, ID, and Attack Up).

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 03:42:02 AM »
Sure, pass to Team Moustache and Team Dude.  They both seem like they have enough offense even if Nightmare hits 3 people to chew through Quek considering some of those Nightmares will be Death Sentences not Sleeps.  Don't know enough of Team Super to vote.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:13 AM »
Pass on my team, abstain on Yoshi, pass to Dude.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
For my team: Floor 1, as far as Gen 4 goes... Well, if we're talking HGSS (the more likely option), then Floor 1 is anywhere from Lv 5-Lv 12. That means that pretty much nothing has evolved except for bugs, and that means Alakazam's Speed/Sp. Attack are GODLY. So yes, Confusion will more than slightly sting.
Not to mention that I've got a decent bit of healing and some fast damage output through Zam/Galuf, with Adray to help.

No clue on Team Super past Edgar, unfortunately.
For my team, I'm going to tentatively say I pass, seeing as I have Alakazam and I don't see Chicken Race/Bio doing well against high SpD. Quek needs to get lucky to avoid being utterly blitzed anyways, and if he's not hitting at least two of Galuf/'Zam/Adray, he's not surviving, methinks.
The rest of the floor is :|. Galuf/Zam deal with pretty much everything with relative ease. >.>
Dude... has that awkward version of Speed?. Right. Well, either way, Deis + Emily. That kinda smashes those fights based on stall, since they're specific types of stall, and it's enough to blitz out the ones that aren't about stalling. >.> So yeah, a pass to Dude too.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
Just mentioning that as far as  Speed? affects my team, Deis and Emily are so stupidly fast that losing 5% of their speed doesn't hurt them that much. Jerin loses some, but she's still a good bit above average. Priest might dip below average because of it, but she's mainly there for healing and not part of the stupid fast blitz.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
I don't think Emily is quite that fast at the very start due to her skills being so much lower. Not that that really affects things, of course, just saying.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 06:20:16 PM »
Team Super passes due to Noiseblaster hype, but failing that, his team might be able to pack enough punch to get through.  Honestly, the first fight is probably the scariest, as Nikki and Flay immune Noiseblaster, and...  I don't think super's team has any revival if Nikki's Bear Homerun works.  Honestly, though?  I'll lean in favor of super.

The other two pass due to F1 facing Athos and Alakazam or a Speed?ed Bowser Terrorize, depending on the team.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:48:22 PM by Magic Fanatic »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »
Looks like a pretty easy pass for the F1 teams, though it's a close shave for Team Moustache against Axem Green's razor~

Super's team is a bit closer. Honestly, I can see Flay/Nikki taking out Edgar, and that could really ruin his team. Zemeckis and Hydra could possibly take the whole floor just on pure durability, though? I'd be more convinced of this is Rudy/Ernest/Opera/Aika didn't all deftly avoid counters. I think Kyra's defense-buffs + Zemedra's general durability is probably the key to this, though Kyra needs to keep herself alive for the final fight against Vyse/Aika so that they can mix up the damage and eventually take out that pair.

It's... really close. Leaning fail, though I'll wait for super's argument.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:03:20 AM »
Matters...not much, but Kyra only has attack down and not defense up yet (Guess...matters for hitting generalized SO 2 status resistance if they don't need to block Confuse). However, Kyra likely has the speed to intercept between Nikki and Flay (Turn 1 MK speed is potent, so Flay is notably slower there) and can just heal off Nikki's damage. I have little bearing on how good Zemeckis/Hydra are early, but I have problem imaging that 5 people can't pick off Nikki.
...into the nightfall.