Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 55  (Read 1917 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 55
« on: September 24, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »

"Ah, you have achieved victory. Congratulations. Let us see if that continues, shall we?"

Everyone vs. Dungeon

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
[Floor 6a: Underachievers]
Team REPENT vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta
Team REPENT vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper
Team REPENT vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal
*Full Heal*
Team REPENT vs. Zio and Zera Valmar
Team REPENT vs. Emelious and Melfice

Team Nama | Rika (Life), Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim (M), Fenrir (M), Phoenix]  Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta
Team Nama vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper
Team Nama vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal
*Full Heal*
Team Nama vs. Zio and Zera Valmar
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren] [Feena: Fire Egg, Water Egg]
Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest
Team Snowfire vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Snowfire vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Snowfire vs. Mispolm, Nimufu and Deneb
Team Snowfire vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team Snowfire vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Floor 3a: A Singlet]
Floor 3a: A Singlet
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Magic vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team Magic vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team Magic vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Magic vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Dario and Miguel

Synergy (Shadow Hearts): Blanca, Ricardo and Lucia start with 1 Stellar Crest. 1 Extra Crest is gained per floor and may be granted to one of the three.
Blanca: Crocell (Cure, Aqua Edge, Raise Up), Sallos (Gale, Gale Spin)
Lucia: Phenex (Raise Up), Aim (Rage, Shield, Gale, Heat Edge), Amy (Heat Edge, Entrance)
Ricardo: *Raise Up, Arc Cure, Heat Edge, Gale, Arc Mirage, Red Bounce, Gale Blast

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:05:15 AM by Nephrite »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 55
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Neph, I got a Water Egg this floor.

[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren] [Feena: Fire / Water]
Team Snowfire vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Once more, this team outspeeds the vast majority of these losers.  5 actions to kill / status the other team doesn't leave much, and there are 3 healers in case some damage still gets through.  Only tricky fight, as per usual, is the third fight, where Nimufu probably gets a turn with her 50% MT Sleep...  except that the rest of the team outspeeds Mispolm / Deneb, allowing them to get back on their feet even in the case of a lucky sleep with either wake-up taps or else blitzing.  Deneb is also frail and gets slaughtered before getting a turn easily enough, and Nimufu is also pretty frail; Feena's Randohurl is still actually decent at applying an MT physical beatdown at this point, and Feena might be faster than Nimufu anyway (don't forget, no Charisma Helms in the averages until Floor 6 or so, so early-Dungeon Feena is even faster than DL Feena).  If Sleep hits 4-5 of my team, it's rough, but that's also unlikely, and if it hits 3, I think I'm still fine barring other bad luck.  0-2 slept is a clean win.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:43:27 PM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »
Team REPENT vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta - I can handle this fight at least.
Team REPENT vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper - Question mark number one, can I kill Decus before he gets a turn?  Because if I can't I'm pretty sure I'm dead right here because I can't cope with the MT assault.  If I can though then I can manage the rest.
Team REPENT vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal - Drop Miguel quickly as possible, Zeal isn't much of a threat by herself.
*Full Heal*
Team REPENT vs. Zio and Zera Valmar - Not worried about this fight.
Team REPENT vs. Emelious and Melfice - Question mark number two since both these guys are anti-physical and I'm relying on Tia and Geno to even hurt Melfice and Emo's Spirit Wail hurts.  On the other hand Melfice has silence which makes me :/. *shakes head* I knew this team was going to have trouble with either of the choices here and decided that this was the lesser of two evils.  I don't have much respect for Melfice's HP at all but I'm not sure if I can take him out fast enough.

[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim (M), Fenrir (M), Phoenix]  Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper
Team Nama vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal - team can handle the first three fights well enough, I think.
*Full Heal*
Team Nama vs. Zio and Zera Valmar - This one as well.
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice - I'll look at this one later

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:11:16 AM »

Team REPENT vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta
Team REPENT vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper- Yeah, the bad is that I am seeing difficulty in the team off Decus or Cyril before both go. Is this definitely fatal though? Hmm, Zalmo should still be okay. Geno can halve the damage for someone, and so Tia is okay. Lyn is likely only being hit by 1 of 2 attacks. Knight is extremely durable and cuts Decus' damage by 70%. I think they should actually be okay here.
Team REPENT vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal- Miguel is always a bit of a headache, but they should be find here.
*Full Heal*
Team REPENT vs. Zio and Zera Valmar
Team REPENT vs. Emelious and Melfice-
I gut Emelious as around 1.5 PC HP, Orb as 0.75, Blade as 1ish, Melfice as 1ish, and Melfice's parts as 0.5. Emelious and Blade can do about 1.3 PC HP together (Probably...just enough to kill Tia), Orb has MT to finish her off. Tia does get to go first (her speed is crazy), but I have no clue if there are any really definitive IP s that can help. Tia and Geno can do some okay MT damage, but I think that unless there is an IP to tip this, this could be trouble. I don't have great overall respect for either bosses' continuous ability to evade multiple people, so...definitely leeway on that front too.

Team Nama vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper- Celes at least is so unscathed but the team should be okay. Celes can open with Ice magic and that plus boosted Lucian+a Rika attack should at least get Decus out of the way.
Team Nama vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal
*Full Heal*
Team Nama vs. Zio and Zera Valmar
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice- I think the other team has a better shot at this. They can kill Celes before she goes, and the others struggle to make damage truly stick. Rika may get the first turn, but Haste won't do enough and they can  plenty of ITE.

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Magic vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Mel- Man, I hope Shania has the SP restore by this point. Entrance helps a lot here.
Team Magic vs. Kiryl and Angelo- At least 2 revivers, maybe 4? ID blocking too, so this doesn't feel worrisome unless that ID blocking is later
Team Magic vs. Flora (WoZ)- Revivers!
Team Magic vs. Atma Weapon- Just assuming by this point they are okay
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Dario and Miguel

...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
Team Magic vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Mel- Man, I hope Shania has the SP restore by this point. Entrance helps a lot here.

Howling is one of the two skills Tatan'ka joins with.  It's normally MT, but.  Yuri's L2 Earth fusion also picks it up, if you allow it there, and one of Ricardo's starting melodies has it.

Team Magic vs. Kiryl and Angelo- At least 2 revivers, maybe 4? ID blocking too, so this doesn't feel worrisome unless that ID blocking is later

Leonardo's Bears are available in the Port Town of Southampton (or however it's spelled), so...  Yeah.  Mid-Floor 2.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice- I think the other team has a better shot at this. They can kill Celes before she goes, and the others struggle to make damage truly stick. Rika may get the first turn, but Haste won't do enough and they can  plenty of ITE.

The quantity of ITE physicals being thrown around in this fight like nothing and Saner's delayed speedboost mean that Rika's first move here is likely not Saner, but Deban (and while this isn't the endgame-level party, the PDUR boost should still be rather significant if it's proportional to the stat topic in any manner).  If nothing else, this may slow the bosses down a bit offensively--whether or not this is enough may be another matter.

Also, at this point everyone not named Lucian can revive and heal (Rika to a lesser extent thanks to the sealstone at this rate), for what it matters.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:09:54 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:00:59 PM »
Floor 6 teams fail, abstain on Magic. Snowfire Passes.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 06:19:25 AM »

Okay, looking at Deban for the final match (Which cuts physicals approx 40%)

Rika: Cast Deban
Emo: 40% Physical
Sword: 90% Physical
Melfice: 60% Physical
This is 190%. Celes post Deban should live, but my gut is that any other part that manages to go before her will probably ruin that. Either Melfice's Sword or the Orb probably will on average. Shiho can revive her, but unless Rika wants to recast next turn, this isn't going to be overly helpful. Lucian is a great damage source...to one person, and kind of iffy here. Deban at least makes this a fighting match, but this is a fight where having 1 single person who doesn't rely on evadable physicals is dangerous. A win isn't impossible, just it seems quite unlikely that Celes gets a turn
...into the nightfall.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 06:57:25 AM »
I'm not certain you could say it's just one person--while the pEVA is a noticeable problem, especially against Lucian (possibly cutting his damage in half), I'd note a few things:

1: Doubleslash and Disrupt (both on Rika) are ITE.  This is verifiable in-game, even.  Even if you don't see it as such, Rika has well above-average accuracy (~120% by endgame.)

2: If you see PS4 bosses as statdown-immune as opposed to PS4 statdowns not working on bosses, Illusion has a very good shot at shutting down their evade.

3: Given that the separate parts get their individual turns and you listing their HP, I presume you also take them as being able to be destroyed.  As noted by your previous post and cross-referencing the stat-topic, while the blade may be 1x PCHP or so (and subject to Emovasion), it's also got bad enough DEF to take 25% more from physical attacks.

In such a case, it may be possible (aided by Might Reinforce) to break one or both swords by Rika's second turn (assuming evasion doesn't break Lucian's attempted attack chain).  Such would, needless to say, slow down the opposing team's offense significantly...
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
Rika being ITE helps. Definitely don't see PS 4 stat downs in play here as they are pretty effectively status. Lucian may lose all his damage (or lose none!), but it's certainly not capped on a low side. There's also potential MT to worry about, and if Rika is focused on attacking, Shiho isn't reliably getting later turns, and Rand is trying to keep Celes alive, this could wear down the team too.

Killing the Swords isn't a bad idea, but...does allow access to Runner and full MT in Evil Horn Attack, so...it's not without it's offsetting dangers.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
For whatever it's worth, Crystal Wands should be available by F6 and that has a 3x holy elemental IP.  Not sure if that helps me any though.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »
Hm.  Killing Emo's sword is definitely sound to prevent the OHKO-level damage, then.  Offing the Regenerator is questionable as to what it disables and enables, but Emo's Sword Must Go.  Orb might need to as well.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
Sure I'll buy "lots of revivers" hype for Team Magic, + Dario AI hype plot makes my head hurt and they should be able to gang up on Miguel easily enough.  So pass.

As for Floor 6.  Abstain on Namagomi, seems to require PS4 buff knowledge.  REPENT...  uh, still don't know.  I'd kneejerk the Orb of Darkness as below average speed, and Orb has Shadow Wave, so Lyn and Knight definitely get to apply a beatdown...  but I'm not sure they can take down Emelious, even with Geno Boost / Geno damage and some Tia spell helping out.  There's also the problem that Melfice Silence on Zalmo after Tia death + Melfice evade hype means they have to blitz out Melfice, too, even if they can kill Emelious.  Yeah, don't know, but it does seem a close match.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 01:26:51 AM »
Shiho can revive her, but unless Rika wants to recast next turn

PS4 buffs generally persist through death. (Not following the analysis closely enough to say if this ultimately matters, but yeah.) Speed buffs are the exception, those would need to be recast.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 08:51:10 AM »
Yeah, changing my Nama vote to pass then. At worst, Rika's even more awesome thought defense buff+Lucius chips away at something+Rika can probably start attacking next turn lets them get through attrition.
...into the nightfall.

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
Team REPENT vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta -Smash two, heal up and finish off the last
Team REPENT vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper - As was said, Knight should have stupid enough gear to make the worst of it survivable.
Team REPENT vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal - Kill Miguel, mock Zeal.
*Full Heal*
Team REPENT vs. Zio and Zera Valmar - Not that hard of a fight.  Splatter Zera, slug Zio out.
Team REPENT vs. Emelious and Melfice - This....okay, I'm not sure what to say of this, I don't know this team as well as mine.

Team Nama vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta - Saner can be hyped here in the worst case.  With these three, though, it shouldn't be too hard to get out in good shape...
Team Nama vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper - ...for this.  Deban in the case that there's way too much physical, but in general Celes is not going to be remotely touched by these guys.  Decus should go down fast enough, and Vesper follows.  Phoenix or healing as necessary for this following match...
Team Nama vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal - Kill Miguel.  Team's best damage is ST so he should go down fairly easily without provoking Zeal's rather unpleasant counters.  Zeal herself explodes.
*Full Heal*
Team Nama vs. Zio and Zera Valmar - This is a joke.  Explode Zera, slug Zio, come out in full for...
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice - THIS bitch of a fight.  Assuming separate parts everywhere, there's still a shitload of evasion to worry about, on top of Celes being targeted before she can start throwing out Fire3 or Life3 or Cure3 or whatnot.  Rika's using Deban ASAP, though, which should cut into the damage by a sizable portion.  Furthermore, as was noted, Emo's sword and orb (as well as Melfice's Regenerator) can be broken, Rika's got ITE which gets from okay to notably good off of Might Reinforce, Lucian's still getting hits here and there despite the evade, and Deban is...stupid.  I'm pretty confident that overall the team should be able to pull a win, though the battle may be long and brutal.  Furthermore, once one or more parts are down, the enemy team's damage becomes FAR more manageable.  Which means that my team can play defensively through and start taking apart Melfice and Emolicious.

[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren] [Feena: Fire Egg, Water Egg]
Team Snowfire vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3) - Not sure what to say on this team either.  Not quite sure what it has aside from Celes, who can start Imping things now.

Team Magic vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team Magic vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team Magic vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Magic vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Dario and Miguel - Shitload of revivers on ST floor.  Also Dario is stupidly easy to lock down.  This is probably MF's easiest floor so far.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
Team REPENT vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta- Buff up, smash. Knight+Lyn+Geno makes quick work of Sync, and it's pretty easy to heal past the other two.
Team REPENT vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper- Decus doesn't get a turn; Tia+Geno almost certainly make sure of that. Vesper is an annoyance, but shouldn't kill the team. Zalmo heals the team up.
Team REPENT vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal- Blitz Miguel (He doesn't live to see a second turn), Zeal is managable.
*Full Heal*
Team REPENT vs. Zio and Zera Valmar- Geno Boost+Holy energy should OHKO Zio. Zera sucks.
Team REPENT vs. Emelious and Melfice- And we have a problem here. Tia is the only one who can really damage the enemy team, and Demon Horde Slash+Spirit Wail is fatal. Zalmo can revive, but the team's making no headway otherwise. Creative Geno boosting may get him past the fight, but I'm thinking that Knight/Lyn being largely useless here is fatal.

Team Nama vs. Largo, Sync and Legretta- Saner/Deban owns this fight bad.
Team Nama vs. Cyril, Decus and Vesper- I'm pretty sure Celes can solo this fight. There's more to it than that, but... yeah, soloed. That's sad.
Team Nama vs. Miguel and Queen Zeal- I'll take 'Lucian smashes Miguel and Zeal sucks' for 1000, Alex!
*Full Heal*
Team Nama vs. Zio and Zera Valmar-  Blitz Zera. Zio is ST and doesn't scare a revival heavy team. Heal up., prepare for boss.
Team Nama vs. Emelious and Melfice- Straight up kneejerk- think they can outlast the bosses.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 06:45:16 AM »
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think I am totally dead as opposed to merely very likely dead.  Oh well, not gonna complain since the team was basically made for giggles anyways.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:14 AM »
In fairness, you're not completely far off. A mage instead of Lyn may have made it borderline (And can remember if Lyn was really specifically useful earlier). Body Charge is nasty now, and Tia is a nasty good choice for it.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
So wait ... even having Body Charge on Tia w/th the Crystal Wand/Crystal Wand IP doesn't help Random any?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
Tia's base durability is appallingly bad. Body charge only helps so much there. It's why Tia's so inexpensive.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »
Well, I don't see Lyn & Knight as dead weight like some do, but the problem for Random is that he really really needs to KO Emelious turn 1.  Tia blasts with something, Lyn hits (once), Knight attacks (possibly Boosted)...  but Emelious is still no slouch on HP.  Once Orb gets a turn to activate super-evasion, Tia will be dead on turn 2, so the team's ability to damage Emelious rests on Zalmo reviving Tia and her getting a turn or something.  It's still fairly close, but Lyn needs a crit or the like to actually knock Emo out turn 1 to me.