Register

Author Topic: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 5  (Read 1020 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 5
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
And now, eliminations.

Clarissa Arwin and Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)

Thomas and Cecile (Suikoden III)
Estella and Rody (Suikoden III)
Genis Sage and Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia)
Noel Chandler and Chisato Madision (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Mallow and Croc (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

But the future refused to change...

New opponents, one complicated, one not.

The Heavyweights face a very specific form of Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI).  She is equipped as followed:
Maneater, Genji Armor, Genji Shield, Genji Helm, Mythril Glove, Marvel Shoes.  She additionally has lost access to all her spells except Drain.

Those Proving Themselves face Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword).  He has no particular disclaimers.

Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Crazysauce Team Tournament: Week 5
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »
Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - I think they win this the same (hilarious) way they won against Cloud.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Hmm... That's a lot of evasion to chew through. Can they do it?
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Same here.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Spellbinding Eye.
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - I think they can do it...?
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - No idea here.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Debuff and smash.

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Combo attacks are ITE, right?
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Healing? Healing.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
Terra feels like yet another "do you have healing" test (which at this point EVERYONE DOES since Deus among others just tested that EDIT: except Jowy/Tengaar) although I might be underselling her outlasting powers with that durability. Still trying to get a feel for that match but it feels like yet another one where the Heavies are just going to sweep. Give them better challenges!

Anyway:

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): To save myself headaches I'll assume unites are that class of attack that can neither double nor be countered. Anyway, if Oswin can 2HKO Sydonia, he only has to survive two unites, followed by Varkas beating on him like... two more times. He might well do that, I'm not really sure. But... the issue is that Sydonia may evade. He's got 25% raw, and Oswin has 7% below average hit so we'll call that 32%. There's a decent chance that misses once. Oswin can improve his odds by using more accurate weapons, though... a Silver Lance + Slim Lance does 84% to average, which still kills Sydonia easily enough (0.77 pdur). So never mind that. Ugh. Can Oswin deal with ~3 PCHP physical damage? Eh... sure, I think so. If you scale him against Limstella-level attack he's 3.22, which seems reasonable enough to me. Good fight!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:11:14 PM »
Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Glass Shield and healing can stall Terra out of Mp at worst.  White Rose isn't human so no Maneater bonus dmg either!
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - RH team prolly wins with turn manipulation and Aht not getting hit by Maneater bonus.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Jowy might just Ohko thru Shell/Morph, not sure.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Spellbinding Eye.
Yosuke Hanamura and Teddie (Persona 4) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Teddy's not getting hit by Maneater bonus and Drain is gimped for Damage until terra is low health, so the team just heal-stalls until Tentarafoo hits !
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- S5 team prolly loses. Don't have the dmg or control the other teams do, and Maneater is getting bonus dmg.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - debuffs are useless against marvel shoes, and I think they have trouble overwhelming Drain. Medic healing might not keep up with Maneater hitting weakness either.

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Combo attacks are ITE, right?
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Healing? Healing.
[/quote]

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
I'm not sure why people are asking about combo attacks being ITE! (They are.) Oswin is a general, he does not have evade except against people who really suck at hitting.

I had forgotten about Morph powering up the Man Eater, though I forget how the two effects stack. It's not going to scare healers (so Vanille/Lightning certainly win) but it may help run them out of resources. Maybe.

Heavyweights Division

Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): DeadEnd or Mystic weapons settle this one.
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): They're vulnerable to Maneater just fine, but it doesn't matter. Their healing is pretty cheap, Morph is finite, and the traps hit reasonably hard, so I imagine they outlast. Not 100% sure on this one, though... the only team that even has a chance to lose!
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Instant death. Vengeful Child also walls Terra's healing.

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Spellbinding Eye.
Lyon and Miakis (Suikoden V) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Setting Sun.
Vanille de Oerba and Claire 'Lightning' Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Infinite healing vs. finite. Also Fog.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:45:50 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
The Heavies sweep.  That setup for Terra isn't so much MBLock as is straight up Defense / Mdefense I believe (you want Force Shield rather than Genji Shield for Mblock?), so she's really tanky, but hates losing her elemental resistance.  Anyway, with just Drain, Terra's offense fails forever vs. high HP teams, so if nothing else Stocke & Aht hand her Maneater turns and then get a 4x turn combo off.  Everybody else also has cheap healing and/or status.

The OB fight vs. Oswin seems to hinge on whether Oswin crits first, since my Saradin respect is non-existent, although he's got the right damage type.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
Asellus and White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - simple enough
Stocke and Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - The amount of stuff that smacks into Maneater's effectiveness bonus is pretty dang broad in FF6, so it'd work on Aht just fine.  Edit: I had some stuff that basically amounted to RH sleep hype on turn 1 here but as it turns out it doesn't matter.  The stat topic already factors in Morph's boost to damage (as well it should) and Terra doesn't even OHKO Aht, so they can just merrily do whatever here.
Jowy Atreides and Tengaar (Suikoden II) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - boom

Ryudo and Millenia (Grandia II) LOSS vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - dat sbe

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Will I bite?  I think I'll bite.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:16:10 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
Heavyweights Division

Sure, Heavies' sweep. Sad that Terra falls to 30% ID at one point, but if she's not twinked for Mevade, not a lot she can do!

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- Lolololol to ITE damage mattering against Oswin. This match could make my head hurt in other ways, but eh. Massive defense v pure physicals. Does strike me as unites would be  hard thing to double (In fact, the few in FE's probably don't, so hey, easy).
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »
Heavies sweep Terra.

Prove Yourself Division

Varkas and Sydonia (Suikoden) LOSS vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- Whoof. Pure physicals against Oswin. No.
Saradin and Norn (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Oswin (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)[/b]- Saradin is doubling and Norn is healing away any damage done. Slaughter.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Did we get a winner here yet?

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
Well, we certainly can.

Terra loses >.>

Varkas/Sydonia- ii vs Oswin- iiii

Norn/Saradin sweep, and by extension are the last team standing, with a perfect win record.

In light of this, we'll have just one more update, which is really more of a... bonus.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.