Register

Author Topic: Parties & Rivals Team Tourney 2 - Nominations  (Read 2592 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Parties & Rivals Team Tourney 2 - Nominations
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind, just swap Reiji with EF KOS-MOS instead in the EF team.

EDIT: Also, nevermind about Lete River Ultros being a Heavy. Middle it is, probably (at least he has MT that OHKOs the frail).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:22:49 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:29 PM »
Magic Fanatic: Yeah, Light/Light/Middle most likely (I'll take Jo'ou's word on Team EB).  As for Mother 3, as best I can tell you're the only one to have played the game, so sorry.  For the bosses...  eh, we've already got an SMRPG boss.  Zalera can make his way directly to Light since he cannot take a hit in-game and is way too easy to blitz.  Kuwadora is more a boring High Light, that lack of MT or status means he's utterly walled by a healer who isn't OHKOd + 1 other PC.  Zeromus...  my understanding is that the DS Zeromus is a huge disappointment in-game and Meeple's stat topic makes him look better than he really is, but even given that, a 2-turn charge time on something that isn't a OHKO vs. the actual HP average isn't real impressive.  He does have Limit good spammable damage, and his limit range is pretty huge unscaled though, which makes him a great counter-boss slugger and tricky to blitz.  Also I assume that Meteor sucks a lot more vs. PC teams and Meeple listed the focused damage average, but maybe you can clear me up.  Dunno, Middle?  Seems to kill bosses but be destroyed by any kind of MT healing.

Jo'ou: After some further chat in #rpgdl, Edna definitely his Light for lack of crowd control, and Exor got knocked to Middle for just not having the broken stuff Heavy bosses need.  (Also Jr. has *Lock* hype against Edna so that fight isn't as cut & dried as you might think.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:25:51 PM by SnowFire »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:32 AM »
Team Alchemy: (Atelier Totori). Totori, Rorona, Mimi
Godlike. It's basically "OHKO Totori and Rorona before they get a turn or else" Other teams won't have a problem with that though, and some bosses will MT-wipe em. Mimi's just there to look pretty.

A single MT OHKO isn't even enough, since one of them can defend Totori.  You'd need two MT OHKOs before Totori gets a turn or an MT OHKO plus a ST OHKO before Totori gets a turn and a ST 2HKO before Rorona gets a turn.  That's a pretty high bar.

It's that or you tank out a bunch of turns and have dispel.  Which also isn't easy.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
Yeah.  The Alchemy team is amusing, but it also has low votership issues, so I think it gets to go chill in bonus match land with stuff like the full FFX team.

Anyway, a few more thoughts from me, feel free to comment:

Final Fantasy V - White Mage / Summoner / Ninja / Samurai - Heavy?  Summoner is kind of cheese if she gets a turn, and WM / Summoner both have revival.  Samurai / Ninja can quickly kill a key opposing member of a PC team.  They can be nerfed down to Middle if Heavy ends up too crowded as well (WM / Mystic Knight / Ranger / Dragoon?)

Marcello (DQ8) - Light, but a fun one.  Decent pressure + Waves of Ice.

Apocrypha (RH) - Middle?  Decent staying power and status but subpar offense.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
Right, I'm going to start this later tonight, short of objections.  We are still missing 2 Heavy bosses, and could possibly use another Godlike boss, as Zophar was in last time & Melc Crystal lacks a stat topic.

Fill out the list ideas with hopefully high votability:
Kornell + Violetta, locked to their team fight form?  Probably Heavy.  (So no hyping Violetta's final on this.)
Myria (Breath of Fire 3) -> Somewhat uncertain here, but she does have MT status and is a passable slugfester, for all that she's probably more High Middle. 

Feel free to make additional noms for any division of course, and suggest if any of the current set is misranked.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
Thanks SnowFire, thanks again Snow =)

Going ahead w/th the SO3 nom for Light then if there's still space though if there isn't Peppita/Maria/Adray or Peppita/Nel/Adray might work for Middle. SnowFire can decide :) 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:53:52 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
Godlike: Jenna Angel (DDS), full formchain. Kindergarten Brahman for first form and what the flying fuck for the last. >_>

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
Sure, both sound good.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »
I'm pretty much stumped for ideas for Heavy bosses. I considered Tetri, but pathsplit just sucks for votership. I considered one of the FF7 Weapons as well, but I think those are closer to Godlike even considering the division's general WTFery.