Register

Author Topic: Diversionary Twink League: Week 2: Blue's Reigns of Terror continue  (Read 2040 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Bluelike

Gawn Brawdia (Wild ARMs 4) vs X-Death  (Final Fantasy V)- Tree of Mua Form
Revya (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Blue (SaGa Frontier)

Vayne Caridus Solidor (Final Fantasy XII) vs Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- Phoenix+Final Attack, E.Skills.  Mystile, Ribbon.
Brahman (Digital Devil Saga 2) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- First Strike weapon.  May not summon Magus Sisters.

Godlikes

Kusuha Mizuha (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation)- SP Regen, SP Up +9, Prevail L9, Solar Panel  vs  Lute (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Excalibur.  Maxed Con, Luck, and Speed.
Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)- All Magicks/Techniks/Augments.  May equip any storebought equipment. vs Cait Sith (Final Fantasy VII)- Sneak Attack+Shield, Master Magic+Counter, MP Up.  Mystile, Ribbon.
Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- All mediums.  May not alter mediums mid-battle. vs Seymour Guado (Final Fantasy X)
Great Question (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- Spikes/Blood Jewel/Extreme.  Valefor Crest (Cure All, Heal), Aim Crest (Rage, Shield, Gale, Heat Edge), Melt Crest.  Free Ring Item selection. vs Adult Mags (Wild ARMs 4)

Blue (SaGa Frontier)- Raised as a Gunner (see Emelia for rough stats).  May not set Tower, Overdrive, or Stasis Rune.  vs Luc (Suikoden II)- Cyclone, Mother Earth, Gale
Isolde Schelling (MK) vs Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Super Suit/Quartz Gem.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Yu Narukami (P4)
Dr. Psyche (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Hildagard Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Slim Question Mask form, Magic Mind's Eye, Crucifix, Small Jug.  Begins with one stock.

Short Voting Form

Bluelike

Gawn (WA4) vs X-Death (FFV)
Revya (SN) vs Blue (SaGa)
Vayne (FFXII) vs Cloud (FFVII)
Brahman (DDS2) vs Yuna (FFX)

Godlike

Kusuha (SRT OG1) vs Lute (FE8)
Vaan (FFXII) vs Cait Sith (FFVII)
Ginny (WA3) vs Seymour (FFX)
Great Question (SH2) vs Adult Mags (WA4)

Blue (SaGa) vs Luc (SuikoII)
Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG)
Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4)
Dr. Psyche (MMXCM) vs Hilda (SH3)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: Diversionary Twink League: Week 2: Blue's Reigns of Terror continue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »
Blue (SaGa) vs Luc (SuikoII) - Initiative BoundShot probably OHKOs, saving me from thinking further on this.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:08 AM »
Belated reply to Djinn re Reyva vs. Celes: Well, it's good that you addressed the fact that Celes had nutty MBlock!  Still think it looks like a rob, though.  Went over it in chat, and while it turns out that Celes actually barely misses perfect 128 MBlock - so there is like a 6% chance to hit her or so - the SN field commands you hyped CAN miss, so they likely get eaten, and Celes's defense is pretty nutty in that setup if anything somehow does break through.  Word of Pain sounds like it might from CK's description, but it sounds like that isn't enough.

Going off chat.
Has healing.  (Vayne is a strict spoiler of weird uberstats-but-no-healing like Gawn & X-Death.)

Godlike

Cait casts Shield.  Vaan *must* open with Reflect lest he eat cheesy FF7 status since his status isn't as reliable (and the Reverse trick from last round just gets him OHKOed by healing).  After that...  um...  Cait Reflects himself, too, so that Vaan can't play his own status game.  And now we have a failly physical-off between two characters with all magic from their respective games.  Except that one of these characters is taking half damage.  Okay Vaan can gamble on Bone Crusher or something if Cait isn't blocking ID, and he can go for some kind of fatal status on turn 1 before Cait casts Reflect at okay odds, so Vaan will collect a win sometimes, but yeah.  (EDIT: Also FF12 has various status-on-hit weapons he can equip, presumably not ID which will be blocked, so if he takes even more of a damage hit he might get some nasty status in?  Not inclined to respect that too much though, think the really dangerous statuses had bad hit rates as added effects.)
SECOND EDIT: Okay Cait has a Ribbon anyway.  He might want to throw Reflected magic at Vaan regardless depending on FF12 Dispel hype.  Think it's an uphill fight for Vaan even Dispel works.
Apparently Virginia can be status-immune for the middle Seymour forms and be elementally cheesy for Omnis.
Will await arguments.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:37:48 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:03:08 AM »
Bluelike

Gawn (WA4) vs X-Death (FFV): Gawn goes first, blasts away. Exdeath triplecounters, but all three get preempted. Exdeath gets his own turn, another preempt. Gawn blasts again, and Exdeath is dead, since 65k HP isn't really that impressive even midgame (around 4PCHP probably).
Brahman (DDS2) vs Yuna (FFX): Oh wow, this is really good. Yuna can buff and actually stand against the first two forms by hand, but the rest she'll need to aeon-shield well to beat. Anima can OHKO any form but the last, and she can have an aeon summon ready for the last. OHKOing the third form is also pretty helpful, though, and she has no easy way to do that. Of course, if Brahman plays his cards right, he can probably leave an aeon near death and then kill it, Eternal Zero Yuna, AND finish her off all on the same action? Checking it, no, he can't do that, unless he pulls off the strategy twice (shelled Yuna can survive three Eternal Zero'd spells, or three Eternal Zero'd Lights). He doesn't have much breathing room. (Second week in a row there's a match which Yuna has a bit easier if anything normally, since Magus Sisters are more important than First Strike!)

Also, I need to see how I feel about overkill damage bleeding through damage buffers, since Oblivion is pretty darn good at doing that. As such I expect I'll end up voting Yuna, but we'll see.

Godlike

Kusuha (SRT OG1) vs Lute (FE8): Strike and Guard.
Ginny (WA3) vs Seymour (FFX): Ginny's healing sucks so Seymour might wear her down with Ultima? Then again she can probably do horrific things with Zephyr, and her HP can be pretty badass + fire immunity of course. Probably Ginny, but not certain. (I allow Ultima spam, to be clear.)
Great Question (SH2) vs Adult Mags (WA4): If Spikes don't guard against gravity, Joachim's beyond fucked. If they do... they might kill him before he gets a turn anyway, assuming my memory serves that Spikes reduce damage by 75% (Magic claimed 90% last week, though)... they can do about 4.7PCHP and Joachim's mdur is probably pretty bad due to his accessory choice. If Joachim gets a turn, it depends how good Melt Crest is off Great Question, but Adult Mags are like half PCHP so I imagine there's a good chance a MT OHKO occurs. Overall average of assumptions certainly seems to favour the magazines but I'll await some clarifications.

Blue (SaGa) vs Luc (SuikoII): Both are equally fast as far as I'm concerned (Gale Rune Luc is indistinguishable from "initiative" which a significant fraction of the Saga cast has anyway), so it depends who wins a higher percentage of the time. Blue wins 66% (getting a pierce off of BoundShot), Luc wants to... I'm not sure what, actually. Yeah, never mind, he lacks any decisive way to win this if Blue carries earth immunity since Shining Wind only 2HKOs at best. So Blue has the advantage regardless... weird that Luc has no answer to ITE physicals.
Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG): Toadstool needs something like 5-6 turns to win which gives Isolde a lot of time. I could see giving Toadstool Break immunity which she'll badly need, but even without it Isolde just gets some completely on crack damage. Grand Gaze should eventually achieve a heal-lock once there are enough of them on the field, even with Quartz Charm and Super Suit, I think.
Dr. Psyche (MMXCM) vs Hilda (SH3): Not sure.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:09 AM »
Bluelike

Godlike

Kusuha (SRT OG1) vs Lute (FE8) - outcheeses
Ginny (WA3) vs Seymour (FFX) - can probably cheese her way out

Blue (SaGa) vs Luc (SuikoII) - BoundShot.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 08:31:05 AM »
Gawn (WA4) vs X-Death (FFV) - Went over this in chat. X-Death's multi-acting likely gets absorbed by counters. So he takes a full brunt of damage and dies. Depends entirely on how you view that.

Ginny (WA3) vs Seymour (FFX) - Very strong kneejerk without actual math. Omnis gets walled by Fiery Rage alone, and Ginny probably wants to stack Brave Seal/Flash Hit or Aqua Wisp/Lust Jaw is my guess. Even with Ultima, Seymour's in trouble with the above, because the former means Valiant's ITD nature can just absolutely rip him apart with Gatling in play, and the latter means that Ginny can hit weakness and deal even more damage than usual. Dark Lucied may also be an option here though I'm not sure. Oh also, Aqua Wisp/Hope Shard is viable for magical ITD...just doesn't feel like Seymour's match.
Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG) - See NEB. Isolde's damage if you let her going just piles up way too quick. It doesn't help that I don't know whether I see Super Suit giving Toadstool Break immunity, which is just pure lol if you don't btw.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
Belated reply to Djinn re Reyva vs. Celes: Well, it's good that you addressed the fact that Celes had nutty MBlock!  Still think it looks like a rob, though.  Went over it in chat, and while it turns out that Celes actually barely misses perfect 128 MBlock - so there is like a 6% chance to hit her or so - the SN field commands you hyped CAN miss, so they likely get eaten, and Celes's defense is pretty nutty in that setup if anything somehow does break through.  Word of Pain sounds like it might from CK's description, but it sounds like that isn't enough.

Irrelevant now, but there are plenty of squads that can at least get decent hit chances (Ranged attackers) since their stat niche is getting through evade. Soul Nomad statuses often do not check evade either (and are the only things in game that pretty much don't, so it's a bit number). I also believe the Schemestress' Encumber is 100% regardless (Although could be remembering wrong), and upon use of that twice, enemy stats basically halve and Revya himself can outslug.
...into the nightfall.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
Brahman (DDS2) vs Yuna (FFX) - Hmm. NEB analysis makes sense, except I count Aeon damage as Yuna's damage in the average and factor in Overdrives, so her damage is.. slightly less overkill to me, and I also don't let damage flow over forms, so that swings this in Brahman's favour, as a kneejerk. Could be missing something here, though, and it's a weird match.

Vaan (FFXII) vs Cait Sith (FFVII) - Shield and Ribbon mean Cait Sith has all the time in the world here. Both are probably relying on Reflecting magic from themselves to the opponent, but Cait Sith can land status where Vaan can't.

Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG) - Too much damage.
Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4) - I think Fou-Lu defence and some NE damage is enough to spoil Yu, and I'm not really going to think any further on that.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
Bluelike

Gawn (WA4) vs X-Death (FFV) - Sure.
Revya (SN) vs Blue (SaGa) - Both have initiative. Revya's base speed is higher, she doesn't even need her squads to OHKO Blue (not that it'd -help- if Blue got a turn. <_<) EDIT: Also, sorta glad Revya ultimately won, looking up on Dhyer and Djinn's stuff. Not that it matters much or any.
Brahman (DDS2) vs Yuna (FFX) - Probably. Brahman's first two forms are so underwhelming to me that I think Yuna can stall for an Overdrive for aeon-chaining, and I -do- allow some sort of damage spillover through the buffering. Also, regarding no Magus Sisters, I threw them out because otherwise Yuna would be almost  literally unbeatable, which wouldn't make for very happy CKs.

Kusuha (SRT OG1) vs Lute (FE8) - Lute won? Heh. Not that it matters, Kusuha at worst easily survives a Lute turn and ITE For The OHKOs back (Lute's even frailer than Lulu). Suspect Bart would suffer the same fate because of Prevail L9 if nothing else, which gets absolutely nuts at 50% HP and lower (going off Sage's notes, it gives a defense+evade boost even at full HP, and it just keeps going crazier). She can play the silly durability game too if she -wants-, but it doesn't really make a difference. Hilariously, DL-legal Kusuha would have it about as easy, but that happened last week too.
Ginny (WA3) vs Seymour (FFX) - Seymour Ultima spamming at least gives him a shot, but I suspect a twinked Phantasmic Heart and the proper elemental resistance twinking would do utterly horrifying things to Seymour. Not to mention she could try hitting -weakness- on him with Lucied's skills for insanity. EDIT: Holy crap I forgot Valiant. Seymour could even try to play the Dispel game, but with Ginny speed, that's a losing proposition, and she has a lot of control over her durability. Once again, just feels like she has many ways to pull a victory out of her ass.
Great Question (SH2) vs Adult Mags (WA4) - For now, will go under the assumption that Graviton ignores defending.

Blue (SaGa) vs Luc (SuikoII) - Yeah, Luc lacking ways to handle ITE physicals pretty much seals this.
Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG) - Aroma Materials don't grant immunity to break from my memory (and I think there are equips in-game that -do-, but Tally-chu can correct me on that). Feels like as good a tiebreaker as any. As such, Pile Bunker bullshit best bullshit gets to play.
Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4) - Fou-Lu's best damage -does- ignore Yu's cheese... but -nothing else- does and Yu can stall for a very long time along with having the right element to bypass Fou's resistances. The small speed difference past the first turn could say Fou runs him out even so and I suspect the first Dark Wave will still OHKO Yu's first Enduring Soul, though - and it's quite possible Yu doesn't get enough room to play with his skills (he needs the Enduring skills, Refresh and elemental resistances in order to avoid weakness-hitting, -along- with fire magic+amps and boosts+healing -and- physical immunity. That may be a bit much to ask). Yoshitsune is endless failure here, Hassou Tobi just fails against that pdur. EDIT: Sure, going for the one where spoiling happens the other way~
Dr. Psyche (MMXCM) vs Hilda (SH3) - If Clarissa with her boosted Sacrifice insanity, speed hax and healing couldn't handle this fight, I have my doubts Hilda can fare any better. She's at least better at handling the Needles, but has no healing (this is specifically Slim Hilda!) at all, and Psyche's durability and speed combo enters the realm of vaguely nuts.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:19:40 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »
Bluelike

Vayne (FFXII) vs Cloud (FFVII)-No vote.

Godlike

Vaan (FFXII) vs Cait Sith (FFVII)- No vote.
Great Question (SH2) vs Adult Mags (WA4)-  Hm.  SH2 has status-type gravity as I recall, so not fully comparable, but eh, sounds legit spoiled.

Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4)-  *check* Oh wow Yu's magical options blow and eat SP fast to boot.  He'd probably do more damage sticking with Hassou Tobi.  Yeah Fou's got time here, despite revive shenanigans.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »

Bluelike

Godlike

Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »

Short Voting Form

Bluelike

Revya (SN) vs Blue (SaGa): Are we sure Revya has True Initiative? And doesn't Blue's Initiative demonstratably beat out other Initiatives? Well, she's in Bluelike so I guess so.
Vayne (FFXII) vs Cloud (FFVII): Has lots of healing and so on. Should manage.
Brahman (DDS2) vs Yuna (FFX): Nails her when he's multi-acting, right through her Aeon Shielding. Only see the Magus Sisters (maybe) being good enough for this and I think that is explicitly banned here...

Godlike

Kusuha (SRT OG1) vs Lute (FE8): Strike/OHKO.
Vaan (FFXII) vs Cait Sith (FFVII): More versatility.

Isolde (MK1) vs Toadstool (SMRPG): Break.
Fou-Lu (BoFIV) vs Yu (P4): I guess?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »
Blue's initiative has to make speed tiebreaks in-game if it faces other initiatives. Considering Blue's base speed...
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »
I'm not actually convinced that Saga tiebreaks initiatives using speed (I've seen some wild variance there, more than I've seen from Saga speed normally), but it's pretty irrelevant. No Saga initiative deserves that much respect though, because (a) it's fairly common [OverDrive, QuickDraw gun attacks, SharpPain, Shield, LightSword, etc.], and (b) there's at least one boss with first strike that outpaces any PC initiative [King Sei] and I want to say I'm forgetting another. Plus usual comments about TB initiative being completely indistinguishable from high TB speed.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 06:31:55 AM »
Bluelike

Gawn (WA4)- iiiiiiii vs X-Death (FFV)
Revya (SN)- iii vs Blue (SaGa)- i
Vayne (FFXII) vs Cloud (FFVII)- ii
Brahman (DDS2)- iiii vs Yuna (FFX)- i

Godlike

Kusuha (SRT OG1)- iiiii vs Lute (FE8)
Vaan (FFXII) vs Cait Sith (FFVII)- iii
Ginny (WA3)- iiiiiii vs Seymour (FFX)- i
Great Question (SH2) vs Adult Mags (WA4)- iiii

Blue (SaGa)- iiiiiii vs Luc (SuikoII)
Isolde (MK1)- iiiiii vs Toadstool (SMRPG)- i
Fou-Lu (BoFIV)- iiii vs Yu (P4)
Dr. Psyche (MMXCM)- iii vs Hilda (SH3)

Well that was straightforward.  Update shortly.