Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 95  (Read 1372 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 95
« on: November 22, 2012, 06:03:21 AM »

"Hmm... So we're coming to a close on another chapter. I suppose it's time I make some changes... Well then, let's see what you can do these days!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer(Life), Marco
[Ivan: Granite, Gust, Zephyr, Breeze, Smog, Kite | Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
[Floor 5a: Ceaseheal]
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used by the player team.
Team Djinn vs. Ryu1, Guv (No Call Team) and Yuri2 and Crono
Team Djinn vs. Yulie, Nina1, Yuna and Yukiko
Team Djinn vs. Mua, Golem, Steelix and Cecil
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Albedo (XS2) and Berle
Team Djinn vs. Queen Zeal

Team Piggyman | Songstress (NeoSpeed), Eileen, Garnet, Marcus, FFT Priest, Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Piggyman vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly
Team Piggyman vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF)
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Yukari, FFT Chemist and Artea
Team Piggyman vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst
Team Piggyman vs. Fuse, Cecil (FF4 DS), Crono and Guv (No Call Team)

Team MICHAEL | T260G, Mesarthim, Yulie (Body Charge), Raynie, Marco
[T260G: Type-3 Body [ZEKE]]
[Floor 2a: Adventuring (Earlygame)]
Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF), Cecilia (ACF) Rudy(WAo1)
Team MICHAEL vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene
Team MICHAEL vs. Colm, Locke, Zidane and Karn
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)

Team Pyro | Bartz, Hilda, Eiko, Jean, Marco (Body Charge)
[Bartz: Monk]
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Pyro vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP)
Team Pyro vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Pyro vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Pyro vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX)
Team Pyro vs. Lich and Kraken

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, however the healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 10% and increases 20% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 2x base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Body Charge - Increases damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:57:44 AM by Nephrite »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 95
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:56:04 AM »
Comments on other stuff later. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Piggyman vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - Now at first glance, this looks rough. Most of the Team is Sleep-vulnerable, and Elly's just fast/durable enough not to fall in the opening attack salvo. However! Eileen has Copper Flesh, which means that even if the XG opponents manage to status the Team out, they have no way of actually defeating them until it wears off. I don't recall how long it takes, but I recall it lasted a long while, meanwhile Nall is still floating around, able to recover their ills (and once he heals one person, it's MT'd thanks to the Floor effect)~ Yes, I am calling a swing vote on NALL! ^_^
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:53:32 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »
Team Piggyman vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - GodDAMN. I'm willing to buy Garnet getting Ramuh -and- being average damage at floor 3. So, Eileen VoEs, Songstress uses Haste dance and both Garnet and Marcus act before Bart and Elly this way, closing the blitz (the XG fellows need to use two equip slots to cover for ALL the crippling statuses Songstress has handy now, so they take a defense hit no matter what, and XG defense is quite potent, guaranteeing Marcus damage contributes enough). Very close fight, though. If Elly ever gets a turn on the sleep-vulnerable, she does NOT lose period. Sleep is reapplicable and perfect accuracy, and Copper Flesh runs out. This fight is borderline unwinnable for teams who let Elly and Billy get a turn - good thing they're below average speed and not durable!
Team Piggyman vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF) - Not so close, on the other hand. Copper Flesh hilariously spoils this fight.
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Yukari, FFT Chemist and Artea - Yukari and Artea get handled  by Songstress, pretty much. Healing and offense take care of the rest.
Team Piggyman vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst - Copper Flesh also spoils Galura.
Team Piggyman vs. Fuse, Cecil (FF4 DS), Crono and Guv (No Call Team) - Crono can't KO Songstress and she outspeeds the rest of the opposition, who cannot handle all the I win status she carries. Hark, it is an omen.

Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki - Hi I'm T260G and I tank the fuck out of you guys.
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF), Cecilia (ACF) Rudy(WAo1) - Mes thanks the heavens her damage's still solid at floor 2. T2 and Raynie can off Ceci and Rudy before they act this way.
Team MICHAEL vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene - rofl
Team MICHAEL vs. Colm, Locke, Zidane and Karn - Hmmmm. Mesarthim can spoil Zidane status, but I think it's ST. On the other hand, Yulie gets FP Advance by now and I think Code O is MT status healing off the bat. Sooooooooooo. Of course, T2 also mocks the fuck out of it...
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5) - Mesarthim, Yulie and T2 together vs. pure mages. Lore even hits Mes' shoddy elec mdur, but Killey gently grazes her with fire.

Team Pyro vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP) - I said it before and I'll say it again: I've yet to see a team who'd ever lose to this fight.
Team Pyro vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - Hilda can hit weakness on Bronzong regardless of anything. Jean can't yet, but she doesn't need it.
Team Pyro vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - Earlygame Monk hitting weakness on Blissey. Holy hell.
Team Pyro vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX) - Um.
Team Pyro vs. Lich and Kraken - Oh please. Hilda near-OHKOs Lich with Red Crest at worst.

* Jo'ou Ranbu also eyes team Djinn.

Oh jesus christ I can't believe I'm seeing a Jane team actually unfold. Follow Me! completely breaks every single fight before the full heal and the remainders aren't much better. Turn Shifting just emphasizes this further (and heck, I'm beginning to think this run and Pyro's could bring Marco to hike up in price...).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 06:39:43 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
Comments on other stuff later. THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Team Piggyman vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly - Now at first glance, this looks rough. Most of the Team is Sleep-vulnerable, and Elly's just fast/durable enough not to fall in the opening attack salvo. However! Eileen has StoneSkin, which means that even if the XG opponents manage to status the Team out, they have no way of actually defeating them until it wears off. I don't recall how long it takes, but I recall it lasted a long while, meanwhile Nall is still floating around, able to recover their ills (and once he heals one person, it's MT'd thanks to the Floor effect)~ Yes, I am calling a swing vote on NALL! ^_^

It lasts 3 rounds.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »
Neph and Pyro pass.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »
Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: Granite, Gust, Zephyr, Breeze, Smog | Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used by the player team.
Team Djinn vs. Ryu1, Guv (No Call Team) and Yuri2 and Crono: Not sure if Ryu1's initiative dragon transformation goes first. Anyways, Yuri2 has to die first, and two Lenneth physicals paste him. A third Lenneth physical hurts Crono and Ivan either pastes Crono or statuses Guv/Ryu1. No recovering from that.
Team Djinn vs. Yulie, Nina1, Yuna and Yukiko: Ivan statuses out Yuna and the rest die to Lenneth physicals? I'll note that Yukiko's evasion could make this problematic, since she can dodge Lenneth and Full-restore the entire enemy team. Ivan will have to status her, too. This could get problematic but I assume that Follow Me! helps to mitigate this.
Team Djinn vs. Mua, Golem, Steelix and Cecil: The team has enough healing to let Ivan's magic damage carry the day. Unless Steelix can Bind Ivan and that isn't status curable? Well, Lenneth's damage is nutty awesome anyway.
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Albedo (XS2) and Berle: Lennethx3 Offense kills Berle along with a tap from Ivan? Team's ability to kill Albedo should... be enough with Lenneth, and Ivan probably has fire.
Team Djinn vs. Queen Zeal: Lennethx3 smites. Easy.

Team Piggyman vs. Billy, Bart, Rico and Elly: Bart halves the magic damage that Garnet can do, or nerfs the accuracy of Marcus... Priest is delivering a Holy Nuke at some point so magic halving is probably better. Billy and Elly probably don't see turns, which is very good for this team.
Team Piggyman vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and RAGNAR BLITZ LEBRETT (WAXF): Status
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Yukari, FFT Chemist and Artea: More Status, this time while feeding Nina4 a length of steel for her supper.
Team Piggyman vs. Spherimorph, Dalton, Galura (FF5) and Augst: Copper Flesh.
Team Piggyman vs. Fuse, Cecil (FF4 DS), Crono and Guv (No Call Team): Copper Flesh.

Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF), Cecilia (ACF) Rudy(WAo1)
Team MICHAEL vs. Opera, Ernest and Celene
Team MICHAEL vs. Colm, Locke, Zidane and Karn
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)

Team Pyro vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4), Gorudo and Boss Catiua (TOPSP): Rar smash.
Team Pyro vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1): Hilda and Eiko do a number on them.
Team Pyro vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius: Monk makes them explode.
Team Pyro vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU (FFX): Lots of healing and enough damage to level them all.
Team Pyro vs. Lich and Kraken: No problem hitting them with enough offense to blow them up.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:57:42 PM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »
Djinn, unless I'm crazy, Nall only does revival, not status healing....   of course it doesn't matter as I see Garnet's damage as solidly above-average most of FF9 (a fair amount of the cast are late bloomers to me if I recall FF9 correctly, certainly not giving credit to the various Choco Hot & Cold or Quina grinding in an average playthrough which can get stuff like Steiner's Shock! super early), so replace Jo'ou's write-up with "and Garnet is getting even more damage in."  So pass for Piggyman since that's by far the most dangerous fight.

Team Pyro passes, Floor 1.

Team Djinn smites the last 2 fights easily enough, see Pyro's logic.  One thing I'm uncertain about is how to interpret Follow Me + Sacred Slayer.  If SS Turn Shifts, is SS's next turn calculated via where it'd normally be after a Turn 1 Turn Shift?  Or as if Sacred Slayer had an Alexia-esque initiative turn, which would mean SS could be churning out more Turn Shifts all through Turn 1?  Not really sure myself, the first feels more true to Jane (she doesn't boost turn 2 initiative with a turn 1 Follow Me in-game) while the second interp feels more true to Sacred Slayer (TS + Encourage is a combo).  Alas, a pretty notable power difference between 'em.

Team Djinn | Lenneth, Ivan, Jane, Sacred Slayer, Marco (Life)
[Ivan: Granite, Gust, Zephyr, Breeze, Smog | Wind Seer] Ivan's Djinni
This on the other hand is a bit trickier, since if this team can eke out even one kill it'll stick.  I'm not 100% sure 2x Lenneth combos smites Yuri2 (he's ~120% PCHP), but let's say it does.  Both Crono & Guv have revival (which CAN be used by the enemy team), and Crono is mostly status-immune.  So Lenneth beats down Crono.  I guess Ivan tries to status Guv to turn off Zing? But eh, if he misses, I guess Sacred Slayer can still go nuts with more turn shifts for a try again, and Zing can miss.  It might buy a bit of time for the Ryu1 beatdown but that's pretty delayed against Jane initiative nonsense.  Okay.
It's Yuna again!  Who spoils Lenneth and can at least get 50% resistance against Ivan's status game.  Yukiko's evasion extends to magic/status too, right?  So she's also a bit tricky here and there's no source of ice damage I believe.  Everyone here sports powerful revival & status healing, too.  So Plan A of 3x Lenneth killing Yulie & Nina1 -> Ivan status seems chancy, if Ivan status misses then the team eats a Lenneth death from Holy + everyone eats fire damage....  although I guess under Sacred Slayer interp A above, their 2nd turn thanks to the Follow Me beats out Yukiko at least to give Ivan another bite at the apple.

Plan B is to have Jane use Sucker and go for a slower "blitz" where Jane might bite it to Yuna's Holy, but said Holy has a long cooldown, and Sacred Slayer kicks into gear on the end of turn 1 / start of turn 2 territory to go on a killing / statusing spree.  Lenneth being alive means infinite heals while a single opponent is statused for the next fight.

Team Djinn vs. Mua, Golem, Steelix and Cecil
That said, so long as Djinn can keep Lenneth & Ivan alive, I think this fight is in hand.  Plan B might be safer just since giving up Jane means that Ivan can still status the Pokemon and Lenneth can worry about Mua's high damage + status immunity.   Seems tricky though, if Djinn was forced to enter this fight wounded it'd likely be over.

So pass.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
Djinn, unless I'm crazy, Nall only does revival, not status healing....   of course it doesn't matter as I see Garnet's damage as solidly above-average most of FF9 (a fair amount of the cast are late bloomers to me if I recall FF9 correctly, certainly not giving credit to the various Choco Hot & Cold or Quina grinding in an average playthrough which can get stuff like Steiner's Shock! super early), so replace Jo'ou's write-up with "and Garnet is getting even more damage in."  So pass for Piggyman since that's by far the most dangerous fight.

I should've clarified with "at least average damage" as for Ramuh. My memory of it was that it was rather solid damage, but I don't remember FF9 damage progression flow all that well.

Team Djinn smites the last 2 fights easily enough, see Pyro's logic.  One thing I'm uncertain about is how to interpret Follow Me + Sacred Slayer.  If SS Turn Shifts, is SS's next turn calculated via where it'd normally be after a Turn 1 Turn Shift?  Or as if Sacred Slayer had an Alexia-esque initiative turn, which would mean SS could be churning out more Turn Shifts all through Turn 1?  Not really sure myself, the first feels more true to Jane (she doesn't boost turn 2 initiative with a turn 1 Follow Me in-game) while the second interp feels more true to Sacred Slayer (TS + Encourage is a combo).  Alas, a pretty notable power difference between 'em.

I'd personally say the CT gauge of a character from a Follow Me! turn would be at 0 ticks, which means Sacred Slayer would only get the speed boost inherent to casting TS - i.e. something akin to the first interp. I think the second interp would give more leeway for allowing things like Jane giving everybody a double turn with Follow Me!, which certainly doesn't jive at all with how the move functions in-game.

This on the other hand is a bit trickier, since if this team can eke out even one kill it'll stick.  I'm not 100% sure 2x Lenneth combos smites Yuri2 (he's ~120% PCHP), but let's say it does.

SH2 PCs can't immune Sleep! Ivan has Sleep! Feels like it isn't necessary to focus that much fire on Yuri2 at all. FOR WHATEVER IT'S WORTH, Lenneth should be equipped with a Holy Sword by now, which inflates her damage a bit against Yuri2, but 1.25x weakness isn't worth that much.

It's Yuna again!  Who spoils Lenneth and can at least get 50% resistance against Ivan's status game.  Yukiko's evasion extends to magic/status too, right?

Yuna can't resist both Silence and Sleep at the same time and both do a number on her, remember. Meanwhile, Yukiko's evade applies to magical damage, but not magical status. Rule of thumb for P4 is: it doesn't deal damage, it can't be evaded.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:12:33 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
I'd say my team and Pyro's team pass.

Have to abstain on the other two; don't know enough of their teams.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:06:39 PM »
All pass.