imageRegister

Author Topic: Tourney of Random CKs Week 1  (Read 1581 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Random CKs Week 1
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:57:08 AM »
Our first week.  Polls will remain open for a little over a week, give or take.

Contest #1- Best Hair

A simple slice of beauty pageantry, each contestant will be judged by out, our dear voters, on the overall attractiveness of their hair style.

First up is Lina Inverse, the Pink Sorceress.  Though better suited to adventuring and slaying demon lords, Ms. Inverse takes no small amount of pride in her appearance, and presumably knows a few basics for hair care.

Her opponent is the amorphous platonic ideal of fanfic, the manifestation of Mary Sue.  While, being the tropeologic personification of Suedom, it's hard to say what exactly Mary Sue's hair looks like, one assumes it would be flawless.

Contest #2- Karaoke Night

The favorite of drunks everywhere, Karaoke is a modernized take on the second oldest of drinking traditions, the sing-along.  Contestants will be judged both on their song selection and their performance, as judged by you.

In his youth, the 16th President of the United States was secretly at the heart of an effort to rid the world of the undead, an act of revenge for his fallen mother.  Though older and wearier than once he was, Abraham Lincoln is a master statesman and highly experienced in the realm of public performance.  No records show him to be a singer per se, but stage presence and playing to the audience are worth a lot in this event.

His opponent cannot, strictly speaking, actually sing.  Still, astromech droid R2-D2 can probably perform some sort of musical feats.  Whether that's enough in this case, who can say.

Contest #3- Farming

Among the most ancient of human endeavors, the advent of agriculture is at the heart of all human civilization and is the reason language, art, culture, technology, and the pizza bagel exist.  Contestants will be placed in charge of an existing farm with crops or livestock of their choosing, and judged by the yield of their labors at the end of eight months, from early spring to fall harvest.

Leia Organa, Senator of Alderaan and adopted heir of the Organa royal line, was likely not as involved in matters of the soil due to her upbringing preparing her for governance, representation, budgeting, sedition, information gathering, shooting people in the face, etc.  Still, a well read individual groomed for rule may know a few basics that she might better understand the needs of her people.

Maya Fey, medium in training and hamburger enthusiast, comes from a rural Japanese California village, so it's entirely possible her friends and neighbors, and even herself, dabbled in the agricultural arts growing up.  Maybe.

Contest #4- Drag Queen Runway

Contestants are called upon for the greatest of challenges, dressing successfully as the opposite gender.  In addition to being attractive in their new dress, contestants will be judged on their poise and ability to show off their new look in a variety of interesting poses and forms.

David Xanatos is no stranger to planning ahead, and is well versed in many things arcane, technological, political, business, pretty much everything.  It could even be he has a dress picked out for just such an occasion.  Or perhaps this is the one thing even Xanatos could never have predicted.

The Todd... is The Todd.  It may be that dressing up as a woman is something he's had to do before, but somehow I doubt it.

Contest #5- Drinking Contest

No frills.  Two sit.  Each is poured a shot of rotgut whiskey.  Each drinks at the same time.  Repeat until one passes out.

Skye is an eagle or something.  Look, I don't know birds okay.  Anyway, Skye is a smartass who can lift large monsters, but on the other hand he weights about maybe 12 pounds.

Eric Cartman definitely has a body mass advantage here, but on the other hand he's also 10 years old.  Still, he certainly has a competitive drive, even if he's also a complete wuss at everything.

Contest #6- Soothsaying

The ancient art of foretelling the future.  Successful soothsaying is a combination of factors, including showmanship, accuracy, ensuring that the telling of the prophecy leads to its being fulfilled, and most importantly being amazingly creepy.

Ms. Lily has just one vision for the future, but the art of alchemy has much in common with traditional fortune telling, and indeed she should have access to all the traditional tools of the trade.

Julius, the last and greatest of the Belmonts, is no stranger to the art.  Afterall, he fought a battle on a destined day in the ever-so-significant year of 1999, sealing a demon castle within a solar eclipse.  Whether he knows enough to successfully imitate the process I don't know, but he should have something to work with.

Contest #7- Royal Rumble

A mainstay of the WWE, the Royal Rumble is a grand event rewarding stamina, seizing opportunities, and dumb luck of the draw.  The rules are somewhat complex.  Two fighters will start in the ring.  Every minute thereafter, another fighter will enter, and the Rumble will continue until only one is left standing.  To eliminate an opponent, they must be tossed over the top rope and land either bodily or with both feet on the floor below.  It is entirely possible for contestants to hold the ropes and try to reenter the ring, so long as they do so without fully contacting the floor.

The listed order in the short form is the order each enters, with the first two having a full minute before the third enters and so on.  Simply list characters in the order you think they will finish (So #1 for winner, #20 for first eliminated, assuming you can vote on everyone obviously)  The top 10 finishers move on.

Short Form

1. Best Hair: Lina Inverse (Slayers) vs Mary Sue (Omnipresent Fanfiction Trope)
2. Karaoke Night: Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) vs R2-D2 (Star Wars)
3. Farming: Leia Organa (Star Wars) vs Maya Fey (Ace Attorney Series)
4. Drag Queen Runway: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs The Todd (Scrubs)
5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II) vs Eric Cartman (Sout Park)
6. Soothsaying: Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
7. Royal Rumble:

Moiraine Damodred (Wheel of Time)
Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii)
Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Largo (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
Alexia Lynne Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
Dia Vanille d'Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Erim (Lufia Series)
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)
Gregory House (House)
Goddess Palutena (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. Franchise)
Liz (Wild ARMs 2)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Random CKs Week 1
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »
Lina has pretty awesome hair, so there's something to be said for that, but I'm pretty sure that gushing on and on about beautiful amazing hair is almost as common as deep piercing eyes and the like.  Definitely one of Mary Sue's strong points.

2. Karaoke Night: Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) vs R2-D2 (Star Wars)
Blips & bleeps mean this is pretty much a win by default.  You'd think that they'd have fitted R2 with an .mp3 player all those ages ago, but they clearly didn't.

Uhh.  They are both clueless at this.  However, if we extend into asking for help, Leia's brother knows the moisture farming trade, while Maya's sister only knows law, and Phoenix apparently refuses to water the plant in his office, so she's not getting much help.  Leia's probably more overall competent anyway.

Skye chilling with Ryudo probably gives him an edge here, in cheating if nothing else.  Cartman is not much competition.

6. Soothsaying: Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)
Neither have much talent for this, but at least Julius can yammer about Dracula prophecy & return nonsense, when he isn't busy having amnesia.

7. Royal Rumble:

Uh.  Moiraine is a terrible wrestler, but she's in extremely early, so presumably going to blanket the entire arena in a thick mist, which will make the refs verifying who's in the ring and who isn't nearly impossible (good for Moiraine, who can escape to the crowd then try and sneak back in at a later point).  This of course means that policing underhanded tactics will be harder, although anyone who starts pulling weapons that can draw blood are just going to get the whole event cancelled and draw the cops.  It probably swings the general flavor of the match a bunch.

20. Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) - DQ'd pre-tournament for likeliness to end the world.   From my dim knowledge of SN, I can't see him obeying the rules at all, and instead would start some kind of DL fanfic existensial incident with response teams coming to deal with it, so if he does join the event they probably have to actually DQ him after he kills everyone, then reset time afterward and try again without him.
19. Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii) - Nooooooot her event.
18. Alexia Lynne Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) - She knows swords, not wrestling.  She's okay but this is a rough crowd and she's in early.
17. Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Human in excellent shape, but she still joins the rumble earlyish, and the mist doesn't help her style.
16. Dia Vanille d'Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII) - See Chris, but less good shape but joins later.
15. Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2) - Umbrella is awesome and totally the kind of dirty hit the event would allow, but that may not help much against the likes of Armstrong or Tibarn who should toss a young 'un like her out easily.
14. Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Refuses to take his opposition seriously, they're just data (really, in this case!).  Not sure he even bothers to show up (which would stick him at slot 19 if so) due to sheer distaste for the DL.
13. Erim (Lufia Series) - The Sinistral of Death?  ...assuming that the Royal Rumble actually happens in good order, Erim would kill everyone, so I assume she picks Lufia or Seena or whatever, and is effortlessly defeated.
12. Gregory House (House) - Defeated on the spot.
11. Liz (Wild ARMs 2) - Yeah.
10. Largo (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance) - FE Berserker seems like he'd be pretty good at the dirty fighting enabled by the mist, but he's still in too early.
9. Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) - Again, decent, but the opposition is rough here.
8. Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Seems pretty good at this event, only problem is that he's in early and is going to get wailed on, and isn't really the type to back down.  I am still listing him as going out way late for his entrance time!
7. Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Defeated on the spot.
Last fighter enters around here / Mist probably gets called off around this point.
6. Rose (Legend of Dragoon) - not afraid to play dirty, which means either use the Mist to escape, or to transform and fly around to stall.  (Tibarn will eventually put an end to this, of course, so sticking her around here.)
5. Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics) - See Chris, Yuri L. etc.
4. Moiraine Damodred (Wheel of Time) - she can't actually win against anyone (well uh short of killing them, which is an instant DQ), but see above for mist hype until the pack has been thinned a bunch.  She just concedes on the spot once she's snuck back inside the ring.
3. Goddess Palutena (Kid Icarus Uprising) - No idea, but I get the impression from Meeple that she cheats and is a troll but is lazy, so I will stick her with Moiraine chillin' in the stands until it's time to sneak back in.  Possible she deserves higher.
2. Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. Franchise) - Shockingly good at this thanks to Smash Bros. experience, AND enters late, AND has a bevy of technically-illegal-yet-show-up-in-wrestling items in her handbag to smack people with (oh!  the tennis racket!  what a blow!).  We all know it'll take awhile to knock her up to 100%.  Her own umbrella means she miiight even get aerial Tibarn if he's been sufficiently weakened, but I doubt it.
1. Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series) - Can troll the event forever by hovering over it until only one person is left...  but probably too honorable to do so.  Wing-grabs are going to be PAINFUL but he can probably take it since Laguz royals are hax.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:48:17 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »
1. Best Hair: Lina Inverse (Slayers) vs Mary Sue (Omnipresent Fanfiction Trope) - Mary Sue gets captured by Romulans and doesn't make it to the contest in time or something.
2. Karaoke Night: Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) vs R2-D2 (Star Wars) - uh huh
5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II) vs Eric Cartman (South Park) - Not caring.
7. Royal Rumble: aaaaah get it off me

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
1. Best Hair: Lina Inverse (Slayers) vs Mary Sue (Omnipresent Fanfiction Trope) - Since having fantastic hair is actually a requirement for Mary Sues, I guess I have to give this one to her.
2. Karaoke Night: Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) vs R2-D2 (Star Wars) - Abe seems like he'd know a good drinking song or two!
3. Farming: Leia Organa (Star Wars) vs Maya Fey (Ace Attorney Series) - I thought it was specifically stated somewhere that Maya was good with plants and animals?
4. Drag Queen Runway: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs The Todd (Scrubs) - While Xanatos is probably the prettier of the two, I suspect he doesn't lower himself to this, while the Todd is bisexual and has no dignity, so he wins by showing up.
5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II) vs Eric Cartman (Sout Park) - Pretty sure Cartman has more experience with this.
6. Soothsaying: Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series) - Scruffy guy already -looks- like a wise old soothsayer, and he's competent enough to act the part, I guess. Lily prolly likes fortune-telling, too... but I suspect she's less convincing.
7. Royal Rumble: Uhh... based on how good I think they'd be at it, rather than 'how late they got in the ring'.

Devourlord (assuming he doesn't kill everyone)
Palutena
Erim - Gods can follow the rules and kinda win this sort of thing by default...

Tibarn
Rose
Luther
Peach - people who have an aerial game just win at this.

Alex Louis Armstrong
Largo - Actual wrestler-types

Chris Lightfellow
Yuri Lowell
Alexia Lynne Elesius
Xander Harris - Competant fighters in general

Delita Hyral
Lilka Eleniak
Vanille - decently spry humans?

Liz (Wild ARMs 2)
Gregory House (House)
Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii) - the failure, cripple, and baby bracket.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
You people are forgetting something very important about Baby Ciatos Daisy: SHE RIDES A KART. This obviously doesn't -save- her, but gives her something above the Houses and Lizes or the world. <_< i mean, have you -tried- wrestling a vehicle?

EDIT: Also, Alexia totes crossclasses to Grappler here. >_> <_<
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:16:24 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
Djinn: Far be it from me to criticize TOURNEY OF RANDOMNESS voting, but to comment...
* Did you just use "Xander" and "competent" nearby each other?
* CK's explanation of the Royal Rumble explicitly notes "dumb luck of the draw" so it's not all 20 people dogpiling in at once.  With characters like Tibarn & Rose who very easily can pick up combatants, fly them away, and drop them out of the ring meaning this match won't really stall, it's better to be an outright bad character who joins late than an okay character who joins early (but still gets slammed by the nastier competition).

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 06:50:33 PM »
Need to vote, but Xander is quite competent...he's just really the only one in the Buffyverse without some type of special power/ability/skill (outside of being good at construction jobs).  He still managed to save the world several times, and has been proven to be easily underestimated, so he'd probably be able to do decently.  Not win, likely, but he's far from incompetent.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »

4. Drag Queen Runway: David Xanatos (Gargoyles) vs The Todd (Scrubs)- Xanatos likely has plans for even this. He also has the abilities of Owen to help him out with whatever magical assistence he needs.
5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II) vs Eric Cartman (Sout Park)- Way higher tolerance.
7. Royal Rumble:

In order of elimination:

Baby Daisy- In early, is a baby.
Alexia- Moiraine can't use the One Power as a weapon against Largo and Alexia. She can however hide- she knows the weave for invisbility. Largo is more than capable of tossing Alexia on his own.
Vanille- Vanille has enough magical support skills to be decent in a royal rumble but: Silent Lake. Chris is going to slam that into place the moment a couple of dangerous casters come in.
Lilka- See Vanille.
Largo- Likely to be tired at this point. Luther can easily toss him out.
Rose- Lacks the physical stamina or strength for this event- her magic isn't very helpful either.
Chris-Tossed as soon as SL is down. She is too useful to kill until then.
Erim- Balefired. Moiraine is going to act once SL is down to kill the two villains.
Devourlord- Is a Dark One level threat. Moiraine is going to balefire him out of existance; he is too dangerous to be left alive.
Erim- Goddess, but she leans more towards magical than physical.
House- Gets tossed as soon as he appears.
Peach- See House. Her talents don't really translate here. 
Moiraine- Balefire and the invisbility weave take a lot of the Power; she is going to get tired sooner or later.
Luther- Excellent offense and speed, bad staying power. Tibarn and Yuri are more than capable of working together to eliminate him.
Xander- Can hide in a corner as needed, but... yeah, just a human. Won't last long.
Delita- Normally he would thrive in a RR environment, but the only people left are definite good guys who don't put up with his tricks (Tibarn, Yuri). Tough break.
Tibarn- Can fly and is very tough, but has been in the rumble a long time.
Yuri- Late entry+powerful and ruthless enough to win.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Wasn't Moiraine able to pick up people using air?  I seem to remember her doing that to Lan in New Spring at the least.  That's all you really need to do here, pick someone up and toss them to the side, or even gently put them down if a toss would violate the Three Oaths.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 11:52:45 PM »
"Her hair shone like the shiny sun that shines off a lake. It was bouncy and smooth and not at all poofy or curly or yucky. It was the type of hair that Adonis, her handsome supermodel hunk of a boyfriend, loved to stroke and brush for hours on end. It was perfect hair that was perfect in every way."

Has vocal cords.

She lives in a world where droids do all the work. Farming is easy when you never have to lift a finger to do it yourself.

Executes a carefully laid plan of bribery, trickery, and making sure unfavorable judges "got sick" before the competition to ensure victory.

5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II) vs Eric Cartman (South Park)
I'm sure he and Ryudo have knocked back a couple rounds in their day. He can handle this.

*shrug* Seems like something that a Castlevania character would be good at.

7. Royal Rumble:

And away we go...

Entrant #1: Moiraine Damodred (Wheel of Time)
Entrant #2: Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii)

Baby Daisy is a baby and is therefore tossed out almost immediately.

Baby Daisy is eliminated by Moiraine

Entrant #3: Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Using the secret "Hang Onto The Ropes For Dear Life" technique that has been passed down along the Armstrong family line for generations~, Armstrong enters the ring as fearless as ever and takes the fight to Moiraine.

Entrant #4: Largo (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)

Armstrong and Largo immediately have a staredown and a manly pose-off while Moiraine catches her breath in the corner.

Entrant #5: Alexia Lynne Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)

The pose-off foolishness ends as the competition gets more serious.

Entrant #6: Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Entrant #7: Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
Entrant #8: Dia Vanille d'Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII)

This type of contest isn't Vanille's cup of tea, and she gets tossed out without too much trouble.

Vanille is eliminated by Chris Lightfellow

Entrant #9: Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Entrant #10: Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Entrant #11: Erim (Lufia Series)

The ring is starting to fill up. Fueled by their mutual love of manliness, Largo and Armstrong start working together to eliminate the competition.

Alexia Lynne Elesius is eliminated by Largo and Armstrong
Lilka Eleniak is eliminated by Largo and Armstrong

Entrant #12: Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
Entrant #13: Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)

With Devourlord's entry, shit just got real.

Luther Lansfeld is eliminated by Devourlord

Entrant #14: Gregory House (House)

Gregory House is eliminated by Devourlord
Moiraine Damodred is eliminated by Devourlord

Entrant #15: Goddess Palutena (Kid Icarus Uprising)

Palutena rallies the troops and gets everyone to work together long enough to eliminate the biggest threat...

Devourlord is eliminated by everybody

...and immediately stabs them in the back.

Chris Lightfellow is eliminated by Palutena
Erim is eliminated by Palutena

Entrant #16: Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. Franchise)
Entrant #17: Liz (Wild ARMs 2)

Liz is Liz.

Liz is eliminated by Rose

Entrant #18: Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

Armstrong and Largo attempt to gang up on Tibarn to throw him out, but one well-thrown turnip from Peach sends all of them tumbling over the top!

Tibarn is eliminate by Peach
Major Armstrong is eliminated by Peach
Largo is eliminated by Peach

Erim attempts to pull a Mick Foley and re-enter the match as Seena, but security tackles her before she can reach the ring and hauls her away.

Entrant #19: Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Entrant #20: Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Everybody is in the ring! And Xander makes a hasty exit.

Xander is eliminated by Yuri
Yuri is eliminated by Rose

Peach tries to sweet-talk Palutena into working together, but she is having none of that.

Princess Peach is eliminated by Palutena

Delita, ever the opportunist, sneaks up behind Palutena and dumps her over the top rope.

Palutena is eliminated by Delita

That just leaves Rose and Delita. Even though she's been in there for a while, Rose is still much tougher and more battle-savvy than Delita. After a series of close calls and reversals, Rose finally sends the conniving king over the top rope.

Delita is eliminated by Rose

Winner: Rose

Final Results:
20 - Baby Daisy
19 - Vanille
18 - Alexia Lynne Elesius
17 - Lilka Eleniak
16 - Luther Lansfeld
15 - Gregory House
14 - Moiraine Damodred
13 - Devourlord
12 - Chris Lightfellow
11 - Erim
10 - Liz
9 - Tibarn
8 - Major Armstrong
7 - Largo
6 - Xander
5 - Yuri Lowell
4 - Princess Peach
3 - Palutena
2 - Delita
1 - Rose
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:55:28 PM by Lance »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 12:49:58 AM »
I love you.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »
will try and update this later today (like, 12 hours or so).

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »
Time minimal for provision of comments.

Short Form

7. Royal Rumble: (from last man standing to first man out, descending order...)

Erim (Lufia Series)
Goddess Palutena (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Gregory House (House)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)
Dia Vanille d'Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII)
Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. Franchise)
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Largo (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii)
Liz (Wild ARMs 2)

[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »
7. Royal Rumble: I'm assuming the ones I can't vote on do not exist here, since I can't vote on them!

#16: Baby Daisy - Tossed out instantly, but gently, by Largo.
#15: Chris Lightfellow - Tibarn and Largo know eachother, and will team up to drop Chris out quickly.
#14: Dia Vanille d'Oerba - Not her kind of fight, she's dumped as soon as she enters.
#13: Lilka Eleniak - Again, dumped as soon as she enters. Largo and Tibarn are not playing fair.
#12: Gregory House - Luther, Erim and Rose enter before House, but they can hold their own enough to not get dumped instantly. House, not so much.
#11: Largo - Around the time Paultena gets in, Largo gets dumped by a concerted effort from Luther, Erim and Rose. They're not putting up with Team Fire Emblem picking folks off one by one.
#10: Erim - Tibarn and Luther are duking it out in high profile now, Erim faces off against a fellow goddess, Rose stabs her in the back like the ice cold professional she is.
#9: Princess Peach - Rose goes Dragoon at this point, Paultena is hard pressed to keep her away. The goddess resorts to an old tactic: throw a minion at the problem, and Peach is the closest thing she's got. Peach does not last long against Dragoon Rose.
#8: Rose - She'll run out of Dragoon before taking Palutena out, and the goddess will waste no time eliminating her as soon as she gets the chance. Meanwhile, Tibarn and Luther *still* going at it. Paultena content to let them and catch her breath.
#7: Liz - Dumping Liz out of the ring as soon as he enters doesn't actually take any effort on her part.
#6: Xander Harris - Yuri gets involved, and tilts the battle between Tibarn and Luther in the Hawk King's favor. Meanwhile, Xander enters the ring and promptly exits the ring quite under his own power.
#5: Luther Lansfeld - Paultena takes Yuri's involvement in the big fight as her own signal to jump in and quickly dispose of Luther.
#4: Delita Hyral - Delita enters and sizes up his opponents. Yuri's fairly fresh, and he thinks he can finish off the fatigued Hawk King and Paultena. So he Stasis Sword's Yuri to set Tibarn up to eliminate him! Tibarn takes this opportunity to knock Delita clear out of the ring instead, as he'd rather not deal with the swordskills that never miss.
#3: Yuri Lowell - Paultena, on the other hand, will cheerfully take advantage of the opening Delita made and send Yuri out of the ring.
#2: Tibarn - The long fight with Luther did too much damage. While he would probably win this one on one if they were both fresh, Palutena's been fighting smart while Tibarn's been fighting straightforwardly.
#1: Goddess Palutena - Takes the win in a close fight. Hades congratulates her on her positively devious fighting strategy, and she seriously considers dying of shame for a moment. But hey, couldn't let Pit watch her lose, right?

Can't Vote

I kinda know Moiraine and Alexia, and DEVOURLORD sounds badass, so this lot being in could really have been a game changer. But can only vote on what I know, you know?

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »
1. Best Hair: Lina Inverse (Slayers)- i vs Mary Sue (Omnipresent Fanfiction Trope)- iiiiii
2. Karaoke Night: Abraham Lincoln (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)- iiiiii vs R2-D2 (Star Wars)
3. Farming: Leia Organa (Star Wars)- iii vs Maya Fey (Ace Attorney Series)- ii
4. Drag Queen Runway: David Xanatos (Gargoyles)- iii vs The Todd (Scrubs)- i
5. Drinking Contest: Skye (Grandia II)- ii vs Eric Cartman (Sout Park)- iii
6. Soothsaying: Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i vs Julius Belmont (Castlevania Series)- iiii
7. Royal Rumble:
Eliminated
Baby Daisy (Mario Kart Wii)- 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0,  (.3)
Alexia Lynne Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- 2, 7, 1, 2, 6, (3.6)
Dia Vanille d'Oerba (Final Fantasy XIII)- 4, 3, 2, 1, 9, 2, (3.5)
Lilka Eleniak (Wild ARMs 2)- 5, 4, 3, 3, 10, 3, (4.6)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- 3, 9, 6, 8, 5, 1, (5.3)
Liz (Wild ARMs 2)- 9, 2, 10, 0, 9,  (6)
Gregory House (House)- 8, 1, 10, 5, 11, 4, (6.5)
Largo (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)- 10, 10, 4, 13, 4, 5, (7.6)
Alex Louis Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)- 12, 11, 12, 2,  (9.2)
Luther Lansfeld (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- 6, 13, 13, 4, 12, 11, (9.8)

Advancing
Devourlord (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- 0, 18, 8, 7, 19,  (10.4)
Erim (Lufia Series)- 7, 16, 7, 9, 18, 6,  (10.5)
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)- 14, 14, 5, 19, 7, 8, (11.1)
Delita Hyral (Final Fantasy Tactics)- 15, 5, 15, 18, 3, 12,  (11.3)
Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)- 13, 6, 14, 14, 13, 10,  (11.6)
Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros. Franchise)- 18, 12, 11, 16, 8, 7,  (12)
Moiraine Damodred (Wheel of Time)- 16, 12, 6, 16, (12.5)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- 11, 8, 17, 15, 14, 13,  (13)
Tibarn (Fire Emblem Series)- 19, 15, 16, 11, 15, 14, (15)
Goddess Palutena (Kid Icarus Uprising)- 17, 17, 17, 17, 15,  (16.6)