Register

Author Topic: S03 status in the DL  (Read 1338 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
S03 status in the DL
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
"I shall not clog up S03 stat topic with posts"

<_<

Anyway this has been bugging me for a while now and I wonder what other people think/their experiences are. As far as my experience goes it has been that the rate of status affliction in S03 is based off enemy status resistances. For example the strategy guide lists the bull frogs in sphere having around 50% resistance to statuses. This explains why my statuses constantly make a mockery of them. On the other hand most enemies seem to have extremely high ID resistance (over 90% according to the guide) This explains why Instanto Blast and Kaboom's ID rates apparently suck. However it might just be me but ID seems to strike more often in the Maze of Tribulations. Of course this could just be a case of Peppita is just doing way too much damage and goes straight through enemy MP/HP >_>

So my question is given that if it is so that status hit rates are based of enemy status resistance would the same apply in the DL? Like I dunno if the opponent had 40% resist to Nel's Freeze then Nel would now only have 60% chance of hitting? <_<
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:01:30 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
Re: S03 status in the DL
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »
I can't say I used status ever in SO3, but I will say that if the "hit rate" programmed in is say, 80%, but no target has a resistance lower than 40%, I'm inclined to read the move's hit rate in the DL as 40%. Barring those games that list explicit (and ACCURATE) hit rates, we usually have to run by the status tests we do.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: S03 status in the DL
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »
Indeed.

Well irrc OK was running a series of stat tests in S03 and in general I'm inclined to go by his findings (no arguing with the ref and whatnot) Just wanted to see other people's experiences that's all :) Thanks for replying.

Since enemies have different rates of resistances though I wonder if OK was taking the hit rate from overall effect amongst various enemy groups hmmm. That makes sense.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"