Author Topic: Redoing an old season: S2 W5- Alena for Godlike.  (Read 1245 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Redoing an old season: S2 W5- Alena for Godlike.
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Myria>Claude
Ghaleon>Royce

Alena>Liete
Ultros>Cecilia

Milda>Tifa
Nash 4 Vormav 3

Jean>Aeris
Rafa>Amy

Godlike:

Myria (BoFs) vs Ghaleon (Lunars)

Heavy:

Alena (DQ4) vs Ultros (FF6)

Middle:

Milda (G1) vs Vormav (FFT)

Light

Jean (BoF2) vs Rafa (FFT)

For fun, the pools.

Godlike/Heavy

Menardi, Kuja, Albert Simon, Asgard, Ultros, Alena

Heavy/Middle

Precis,  Adel, Dario, Billy, Milda, Vormav

Middle/Light

Ernest, Mia, Shana, Mystina, Rafa, Jean

Next season up will either be season 7 or Season 24.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:18:31 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Redoing an old season: S2 W5- Alena for Godlike.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
Menardi, Kuja, Asgard, Simon, Alena, Ultros

Oh god. Why. Alena beats everyone but Simon. The Cloak of Evasion stops Asgard's ID and that should be enough. Menardi sucks and gets outslugged. Kuja has less HP, speed, and offense (before counters) than Alena. He's not winning. Simon sneaks by with !!!.  Kuja outslugs Menardi. Reflect means that she has to use her physical, and that is pathetic enough that flare star counters will quickly shred her if she goes that route. Kuja vs Ultros is a factory of sadness and I refuse to touch it.

Asgard's  HP advantage trumps Kuja's counters offhand.  Asgard outslugs Ultros pretty easily, he has no evade to punish Asgard for lack of accuracy. Simon handles Asgard, Asgard's low evasion means that he'll hit the higher end of the physical damage scale. For that matter, Simon beats Menardi (doesn't everyone?), and beats Kuja. First strike is enough of an offense boost to carry the day there. Simon sweeps. Ultros vs Menardi is fucking pathetic. Menardi is faster and more durable, Ultros is better on damage, even with back row and Menardi hitting a 2x weakness. That said, the fight may go on long enough for Ultros counters to matter. That is enough to tip it for me.

Simon: 5-0
Alena: 4-1
Asgard: 3-2
Kuja: 1-3
Ultros: 1-3
Menardi: 0-5

Vormav beating Nash makes this pool simpler. Billy beats everyone but Milda, who OHKOs him with Milda hit. Adel gets horribly outslugged by Billy and beats the rest. Precis has an argument to outslug Adel, but she needs to go first and 2HKO her. I still have enough Adel HP respect to kneejerk that Precis doesn't pull that off. Precis outslugs the rest- she elementally walls Dario's best offense, and that's ignoring counter stuff locking him down. She manages to 3HKO Milda and a 3-2/not getting OHKOed both happen to me. Dario outslugs Milda and Vormav easily enough.  Vormav gets swept. His best chance at a win is against Precis, and I don't think his basic physical is going to outrace Barrier.

IIRC tiebreaks correctly, Dario would stay up and Milda would stay down under this.

Billy: 4-1 (Loss: Milda)
Adel: 4-1 (Loss: Billy)
Precis: 3-2 (Loss: Billy, Adel.)
Dario: 2-3 (Loss: Precis, Billy, Adel)
Milda: 2-3 (Loss: Adel, Dario, Precis.)
Vormav: 0-5

EDIT: Adel>Nash>Billy>Precis>Dario>Milda. Nash beats all but Adel, Adel beats all but Billy.  Nash up,  Dario down, Milda stays down.

Mystina, Shana, Ernest, Mia, Jean, Rafa

Rafa: 5-0 (God is dead)
Ernest: 3-2
Jean: 3-2
Mia: 2-3
Shana: 2-3
Mystina: 0-5

Rafa sweeps. She elementally walls Shana and outslugs the rest. Ernest spoils Shana bad (Dark physicals/light resist), tanks bad to Ice Shield against Mia, and outslugs Jean thanks to Jean's really bad speed.  Jean IDs Mystina and Mia, and outslugs Shana thanks to resisting Holy.  Shana beats Mia at least! Everyone beats Mystina.

IIRC tiebreaks correctly,  Rafa goes up and Mia goes down. What a goddamn bad set of pools.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:20:18 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
Nash had 4 votes last week (myself, Random, Snow, Meeple) so should have won.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:44:03 PM »
Godlike:

Myria (BoFs) vs Ghaleon (Lunars): Nearly twice as much durability, over twice as much speed. Chaos Shields aren't making up for that.

Heavy:

Alena (DQ4) vs Ultros (FF6): There are various views of each that can swing this, but for myself, I vote on Ultros 2, and he only has something like 65% average durability, which Alena can one-shot.

Middle:

Milda (G1) vs Nash (Lunar): Well Milda one-shots Vormav easily enough, we move on. Milda vs. Nash is... weird. Milda can block every status Nash has except Stone, which is only turn 2. And she can one-shot him. But according to Dhyer she's slow as molasses, such that Nash instant doubles her. Wow. I don't remember Milda being -that- slow (62% even before any equipment monkeying... sub-50% by my views if she blocks status) but I guess that would cost her the match. Oh well, tiebreak for the fact that even if Milda isn't instant doubled she may easily lose anyway to 65% stone.

Light

Jean (BoF2) vs Rafa (FFT): Rafa gives up some damage in order to block death. I imagine it's probably still enough to win, though.

Kuja, Asgard, Simon, Alena, Ultros

Sure, I'm on board with the "Alena beats down everyone" hype, minus some respect for Simon, whom she 2HKOs well enough. Hell, she might even 3-2 him. Not so sure about Alena vs. Asgard, as Alena should need 3 shots for that and may not 3-2, and I don't see anything about Cloak of Evasion resisting ID in the stat topic? edit: sure, ID kicks in.

Kuja gets his third turn before Simon's third and has a 3HKO. He also outslugs Asgard who has about twice as much HP but his damage fails so damn much once he's beaten up... by the time he gets his second turn he can't even finish Kuja off. Kuja vs. Ultros... I see Kuja as just able to survive one Tentacle, so he wins.

Simon beats the rest. Simon beats Ultros because even he has a 2HKO against the frail Ultros, and first strike lets him 2HKO before he is 2HKOed. He also beats Asgard because yeesh, Asgard is pretty bad. Barrier Storm goes... 43% + 34% + 26% + 17% + 8%... which doesn't kill here despite Simon 6-7HKOing Asgard. Barrier Fist will win only if it can manage at least one hit out of two, but that's more than I respect it.

Ultros is a touch faster than Asgard, 3HKOs, and doesn't fear Barrier Storm because the first shot is weakened significantly and the second weakened a lot.

Alena 3-1
Kuja 3-1
Simon 2-2
Ultros 1-3
Asgard 1-3

Presumably this translates to Asgard and Menardi down.

Precis,  Adel, Dario, Billy, Milda, Nash

Nash beats everyone except Adel, who is actually quite similar to him! Fast but not very damaging... I just kneejerk her a little better, though. Her 3HKO is stronger. Everyone else gets statused except Nash who gets lightning-locked.

Billy sweeps everyone else, except Milda who OHKOs him.

Adel is fast with elemental magic, so beats Dario. Against Precis... can she survive two Barriers? Eh sure. Loses to Milda though.

Milda as mentioned beats Adel and Billy. Thinking she loses to Nash on average, although not certain. Loses to Dario. Beats Precis.

Precis walls dark? Okay, that beats Dario.

Nash 4-1
Milda 3-2
Billy 3-2
Adel 3-2
Precis 1-4
Dario 1-4

Precis and Dario gone, fairly obviously.

Mystina, Shana, Ernest, Mia, Jean, Rafa

I think I agree with Super about everything here, and I can't be bothered to analyse the pool further. Rafa > Ernest >= Jean > Shana >= Mia > Mystina, yes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:56:33 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Milda (G1) vs Vormav (FFT)/Nash (Lunar): Well Milda one-shots Vormav easily enough, we move on. Milda vs. Nash is... weird. Milda can block every status Nash has except Stone, which is only turn 2. And she can one-shot him. But according to Dhyer she's slow as molasses, such that Nash instant doubles her. Wow. I don't remember Milda being -that- slow (62% even before any equipment monkeying... sub-50% by my views if she blocks status) but I guess that would cost her the match.

There's other aspects to speed that I wouldn't have been factoring in then (like the charge time part, the recharge part). This is probably especially true turn 1 (unless all Grandia 1 bars started at 0 turn 1), which suspect would be what would kill insta doubles here.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:18 PM »
Ghaleon, Alena, Nash, Rafa for votes, fixed Nash/Vormav.
-------------------

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:48:22 PM »
Heavy:

Alena (DQ4) vs Ultros (FF6) - I suspect it balances out like this at any rate.

Middle:

Milda (G1) vs Nash (Lunar) - Probably.

Light

Jean (BoF2) vs Rafa (FFT) - sigh

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 02:26:12 AM »
Ghaleon
Alena
Nash
God is dead.

Pools: later when I'm not on a cell phone.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:14 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle
Milda (G1) vs Nash (Lunar)

Light

Kuja > Asgard > Albert Simon > Ultros > Alena

Billy > Adel > Dario > Nash > Precis > Milda

Mia > Jean > Rafa > Ernest > Mystina

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »
Myria (BoFs) vs Ghaleon (Lunars) - I even think both Myrias handle Ghaleon because that's a near-3-1 turnsplit and Sanctuary manhandles Chaos Shield. She has nearly as much durability as him -in her frailer form- and actually averages more offense with the turnsplit. Myria1 is an unspeakable slaughter.

Alena (DQ4) vs Ultros (FF6) - Lete River 2HKOs, but gets 3-2'd and 3HKOed back.

Milda (G1) vs Nash Rumack - Insta-doubling? Um yeah that manhandles Milda.

Jean (BoF2) vs Rafa Galthanna (FFT) - Christ.

Pools

Kuja, Albert Simon, Asgard, Ultros, Alena

Okay! Alena solos the entire pool but possibly Asgard. If she didn't need a 3-2 against him, maybe. Otherwise, she beats Ultros this week, goes first and 2HKOs Kuja while not being 2HKOed herself and 2HKOs Simon flat while not even being 3HKOed (!!! initiative hype is lulz lulz the lulz lulziest as usual). Ultros brutalizes the rest of the pool for reasons of Lete River. Albert outslugs Asgard and Kuja because initiative Holy Chest is actually useful in slugfests and Kuja is horrendously easy to 2HKO in -Heavy-, let alone in Godlike while Asgard offense is trash once he gets beaten up. Asgard loses to Kuja for the aforementioned reasons of crap slugfesting once he's beaten up.

Alena: 3-1
Ultros: 3-1
Albert Simon: 2-2
Asgard: 1-3
Kuja: 1-3

Alena = Ultros > Albert > Kuja = Asgard. Alena up, dear god deciding who goes down besides Menardi.

Precis F. Neumann, Adel, Dario, Billy Lee Black, Milda, Nash Rumack

If Adel and Nash are similar, then my kneejerk goes to him being faster -at worst-. The pile of lololol known as FF8 scaling shenanigans never leaves me favoring them, and I generally kneejerk Adel as having 0.7x PC HP. Thus, he sweeps the universe. Billy owns everybody else but Milda, who OHKOs his ass. Hilariously, Billy elem-locks Dario with SQUARE PHYSICALS gomz. Milda, on the other hand, also OHKOs Adel and handles Precis, but loses to Dario in a straight slugfest. Precis 2HKOs Adel and walls Dario, Adel elem-locks Dario. The end.

Nash: 5-0
Billy: 3-2
Milda: 3-2
Precis: 2-3
Adel: 1-4
Dario: 1-4

Nash and Milda up, Adel and Dario down. Christ.

Ernest Raviede, Mia Ausa, Shana, Mystina, Rafa Galthanna, Jean

Rafa solo puny field (...). Ernest beats everybody else but Mia (...), Jean beats the remainders, Shana beats Mia by bypassing her elemental resists (and Mia without elemental resists is actually kinda magically frail) and everybody beats Mystina because :vpmage:. Holy crap why was she -ever- in Middle.

Rafa: 5-0
Jean: 3-2
Ernest: 3-2
Shana: 2-3
Mia: 2-3
Mystina: 0-5

Rafa and Jean up, Mystina and have fun figuring who else down.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:54:57 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »
Two-way ties are broken by whoever won the match between the two, for the record. The difficult case to deal with is a three-way tie in which a rock/paper/scissors situation occurs within the matches between the three.

So for your pools, for instance, Asgard and Mia would go down.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »
That is good to know! Thanks.

(I feel like an idiot for not having figured out how this goes until now.)
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 08:35:12 AM »
Godlike:

Heavy:

Middle:

Milda (G1) vs Nash- No insta double to me I think

Light

For fun, the pools.

Godlike/Heavy- Oh god this thing. I mean...actually this is an excellent point because look at how bad it is. No one is truly wrongly going here

Menardi, Kuja, Albert Simon, Asgard, Ultros, Alena
Menardi- 2 PC HP area I think, fast, can buff twice to get about 40% physical damage
Kuja- .75 PC HP, don't respect his speed, 45% area damage...that can miss 20% of the time against base
Albert- 1.6 PC HP, initiative for first turn then average, borderline 2HKO physical (may not be fully spammable with full string though), 35% magic, kills PCs dead
Asgard
Ultros
Alena

Menardi beats Kuja (durability split, she buffs to get around his counters and then 2HKOs. Oh, he needs 6 attacks to kill and is slower. Counters can give him 5), loses to Albert Simon (not enough durability split, he at least does more to start off. Against Menardi, double the durability>countering I think), ASGARD GRAH THIS MATCH, loses to Ultros, loses to Alena. 1-3
Kuja loses to all except maybe Asgard. 0-4
At this point I give up with the pool. Probably Asgard and Kuja down though, the other two up.

Middle/Light

Ernest, Mia, Shana, Mystina, Rafa, Jean

Rafa Sweeps. 5-0 (And I think her sweeping here actually indicates that shockingly, she is actually good for the division. If someone beat Ernest, Mia, Shana and Jean in succession to win a championship in Light, that would be about as difficult a path in the division as you would see). Agree with other posts about the pool, but yeah.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »
Myria>Ghaleon
Alena>Ultros
Nash>Milda
Rafa>Jean

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. I will be running a brief proving grounds before advancing to the next season.
-------------------