Register

Author Topic: RPGDL 2013 Season 1, Week 4: Mostly Suikoden, some SAGAFEDLGO.  (Read 1715 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss)

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Odessa (Suikoden)
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Isabel (Suikoden V)

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Zegai (Suikoden V)
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Ranking Time

Please suggest 2 games for next week's data gathering.

Additionally, please check the ranking topic ( http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,6015.0.html ) and let me know if you've played any listed games since last rankings.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:15:40 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2013 Season 1, Week 4: Mostly Suikoden, some SAGAFEDLGO.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
Katrina has no true MT damage.  However my Belial respect is not huge (well, stat-wise Belial respect, Distortion is obviously badass) and it's actually a lot easier to keep her stuck in WA4 Slow Down than it is to keep Katrina in XF Slow Down.  Anyway, stat topic Belial is 272% average speed, Katrina is 107% speed BUT her speed triples by the time she's at 1 HP which would make Katrina faster.  And once Katraina is faster than Belial, she wins thanks to Fright Knight spam -> do damage on the very occasional double as Belial is forced to KO the Fright Knights if she ever wants to do damage again rather than use Distortion.  So Belial wants to chip Katrina down to just-slower-than-her territory, then KO her all at once.  Using the stat topic values, that happens at around (EDIT: Not 15%, 37%) of Katrina's HP.  I see Katrina as around 3 PCHP, maybe a tad more, so ~1.10 PCHP, which lolno to Belial.  (Belial is also falling back to Agony Effect due to Protect spam to chip past it, which doesn't help her case either.)

I'm also not really inclined to respect Belial's speed quite that much as the stat topic does, which makes this even worse.  (Katrina can also theoretically get some evasion, but that isn't reliable vs. Belial's high HIT.)

Heavy

Light

Zegai wins this even if he doesn't resist Fire - Wrath after Estella's first Final Flame for some healing, collect win.  But he does resist Fire so it's academic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:36:30 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier): A more interesting fight than most involving Lady! ZEKE is really fast and can tank a Lady turn! And a death counter as well! Unfortunately he isn't fast enough to 2HKO (does 72% a turn, so he's close to me, but not there) so he gives Lady two turns. And that's that.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Don't think Katrina actually has anything that pierces the barrier, and Belial's faster almost to the end... at which point she has nothing that pierces Fright Knight tanking. Hm, the breakeven point is when Katrina has lost 77% of her HP... which she certainly will before Belial can kill, the latter has a 9HKO at best.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Um well. Auron has trouble hitting due to weapon triangle and Eph evade. Landing a Power Break early would help, but every attempt invited counters. Auron can counter Eph back but I don't think it's enough, Eph is doubling and is generally a bit too monstrous.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss): Harrowing Gale is wind, so it's out, and everyone can dodge Akashic Torment. Sync still has a shot if he 3-2's (unsure on Sync speed), since he can do 238% damage with one full-HP and two injured combos. I see Sa-Lews above that, though.

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Odessa (Suikoden): White Rose nulls sleep. As such I think she can take this, although certain scalings of Odessa (the types that give her great damage) would swing this the other way easily.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Isabel (Suikoden V): Isabel definitely 2HKOs Gardevoir, but Garde may 2HKO back. Two shots of Psychic do 117%, Isabel has 120% HP... but both her Magic and MDef are noticeably below average, I have to believe a 2HKO happens. Also, Isabel has to lower her speed to block sleep, so Garde may even manage a 4-3 (Growl to avoid 2HKO, three Psychics) and win even without the 2HKO.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Zegai (Suikoden V): PONCHO lets Zegai null fire. It makes his def complete garbage but Estella can't exploit this.
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): I think? I remember that we saw Cinnamon vs. Soren before (who is awfully similar), and I remember thinking Cinnamon needed her elemental resistance to win that. I wouldn't see Cinnamon resisting light, so...

Games

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:23:20 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Not Auron's sort of fight.

Middle

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »
Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier) - Mmmmyeah, Lady getting two turns pretty much seals this in her favor. A PC surviving a single Ladysmash is quite amusing, though.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Welp.

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - I said it before and I'll say it again: Eph is a Godlike when he's doubling. Don't think even Power Break early helps much, doubled Siegmund smacks are just -monstrous-.
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss) - Um.

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Odessa (Suikoden) - Main issue is Odessa running out of resources really fast here. She even should scrape a 2HKO to White Rose of the sketchy durability figures across the board (though possibly not post-LightSword), but with only four shots of that, far less shots of healing than WR and the everlooming threat of coup du graces from Mystic Boot To The Head, this is a problematic fight for her.
Gardevoir (Pokémon) vs Isabel (Suikoden V) - I'm pretty well certain Isabel is noticeably below average mdur, that MDef is junky and so is her Mag, and I remember reaching that conclusion upon calcing her effective magical durability before. As such...

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Zegai (Suikoden V) - Suikoden V equipment nonsense.
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Yeah, no equipment resistance hype for Cinny here. Maybe if she 2HKOed Lucius.

EDIT:

#fedlswarm Games for ranking

Fire Emblem: Robin Powers International Self-Insert Of Mystery Awakening: Irrational fangirlism and FEDL reasons. Plus, the game's collecting playership at a rapid pace for reasons of: #fedl.

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals The One With Roy Lilina Clarine: Probably the only other remotely viable ranking option. Snowfire hates me for this, but eh whatever.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:19:28 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »

Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X)
vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Light

Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »
Bah, forgot, ranking next week.  Please suggest 2 games for data gathering and make sure your played list in the ranking topic is up to date.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 02:40:19 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): I don't think Katrina is that awesome. I hold her against a fair degree of optimal classes/combinations, which hurts her durability and speed enough to tank her for this.

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Auron has a 25% hit-rate here. Even if he lands power break Ephraim is outputting 70% PCHP a turn and counters Auron. Eph has more damage and dodges Auron 75% of the time. Hard to argue with that. Auron would need an Overdrive and no way does he get that against Ephraim offense.

And most impprtantly! Auron is a Zombie. Siegmund hits weakness.

Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss): PS4 boss slugging.

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier) vs Odessa (Suikoden): Has awesome damage.

Light

Estella (Suikoden III) vs Zegai (Suikoden V): Fire res.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:06:40 AM by Pyro »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 02:56:48 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- Katrina gets...a little support credit from me, but not a lot. Say 3 PC HP. So Fright Knight comes at 1.2 PC HP, but...lot of arguments I can see go either way re: Katrina's speed and when the break point of her getting past Belial kicks in; main one being that there may be some classes that you would not run at endgame with lower speed. This normally doesn't matter a lot, but since this would come out so closely, it probably does here.

Middle

Light

For games...just seems like we'll be picking stuff that's on the Backburner I guess. So of those...
MK 2
Wild Arms ACF (okay, this one isn't backburner, but I don't really like anything else on the backburner and at least in terms of consistency this has more validation as a rank than some items with 1 or 2 extra voters).

...into the nightfall.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 03:38:58 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Ranking Ideas
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Dragon Quest VI

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 06:46:51 AM »
Godlike

For games...just seems like we'll be picking stuff that's on the Backburner I guess. So of those...
MK 2
Wild Arms ACF (okay, this one isn't backburner, but I don't really like anything else on the backburner and at least in terms of consistency this has more validation as a rank than some items with 1 or 2 extra voters).

Nah, the idea is to get new games on the list.  Stuff goes from backburner to up for ranking when it gets new players.  ACF doesn't meet the minimum ranking threshold (10/19), although one new player from the existing pool would put it up for ranking.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Auron's accuracy against WTA Ephraim evasion. Ouch.

Light

Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Hilariously spoiled. Cinnamon's damage is garbage, but still it's a five-hit combo and both games have subtraction defense. Five hits that precisely tink average Defense would be enough to do Lucius in.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:23 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 04:50:06 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey

Update later tonight.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiiii vs ZEKE (SaGa Frontier)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiii vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- i

Heavy

Auron (Final Fantasy X)- i vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- iiiiiiiiiii
Sa-Lews (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- iiiii vs Sync (Tales of the Abyss)- i

Middle

White Rose (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiii vs Odessa (Suikoden)- ii
Gardevoir (Pokémon)- iiiii vs Isabel (Suikoden V)

Light

Estella (Suikoden III)- i vs Zegai (Suikoden V)- iiiiiiii
Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- i vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- iiiiii