Register

Author Topic: Proving Grounds Light 2: The Nergal has landed.  (Read 910 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Proving Grounds Light 2: The Nergal has landed.
« on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:31 PM »
1. Miriel: 27-28
2. Enrique: 14-31
3. Paula: 3-39

Last week's results. Congratulations to Paula, who managed to score a whopping 7%! That would make for a new PG low.

Priest (FFT)- Very nice array of defensive tricks, but the offense is limited.
Chloe (MK2)- Dhyer request.
Lucca (CT)- Suffers from a bad case of not translating.

Priest (FFT) vs Nergal
Priest vs Arche
Priest vs Blanca
Priest vs Virginia
Priest vs Blaziken
Priest vs Tifa
Priest vs Onix
Priest vs Black Wizard (FF1)
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1)
Priest vs Enrique
Priest vs Paula
Priest vs Miriel

Lucca vs Nergal
Lucca vs Arche
Lucca vs Blanca
Lucca vs Virginia
Lucca vs Blaziken
Lucca vs Tifa
Lucca vs Onix
Lucca vs Black Wizard (FF1)
Lucca vs White Wizard (FF1)
Lucca vs Enrique
Lucca vs Paula
Lucca vs Miriel

Chloe vs Nergal
Chloe vs Arche
Chloe vs Blanca
Chloe vs Virginia
Chloe vs Blaziken
Chloe vs Tifa
Chloe vs Onix
Chloe vs Black Wizard (FF1)
Chloe vs White Wizard (FF1)
Chloe vs Enrique
Chloe vs Paula
Chloe vs Miriel
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds Light 2: The Nergal has landed.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal - lol
Priest vs Arche - Arche can null holy?  Arche can null holy.  Gooooo figure.  Go away
Priest vs Blanca - Kneejerk for Blanca being kind of not great.
Priest vs Virginia - Sure.
Priest vs Blaziken
Priest vs Tifa
Priest vs Onix - Priest can handle this much, I'm sure.
Priest vs Black Wizard (FF1) - BW status hype NO.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1) - what can I say, there are no words
Priest vs Paula - lol
Priest vs Miriel - 2HKOs, is only 4HKO'd with Rexcalibur, isn't doubled.

Lucca vs Nergal - Has a MT 2HKO to average.
Lucca vs Arche - ugh, Lucca has to take this with her physical and outrace the ID i dun wanna think about how fast extinction goes off
Lucca vs Blanca - Yep.
Lucca vs Virginia - Yep.
Lucca vs Blaziken- don't mess with kickboxing chickens
Lucca vs Tifa
Lucca vs Onix - :onix:
Lucca vs Black Wizard (FF1) - Nope.
Lucca vs White Wizard (FF1) - oh god no why
Lucca vs Paula - wondershot probably enough
Lucca vs Miriel - Lucca MDef sort of monstrous when she equips for it.

Chloe vs Nergal - Halves dark.
Chloe vs Arche - Assuming Grudgeful Miss Grudge is as good as advertised, Arche's damage isn't special and ID is not an option.  World of Book -> Devil Doll x2 should suffice.  Edit: wait no, right, gives up the GCR for that, that kind of sinks the strat badly, and no GCR strat lets her outrace the ID.
Chloe vs Blanca - Chloe does *not* have the resource depth required here.
Chloe vs Virginia - Pretty much nothing saves Ginny from getting splattered here.
Chloe vs Blaziken - This is just *ugly* however, Blaziken halves dark and I'm pretty sure no amount of Miss Grudge hype saves Chloe.
Chloe vs Tifa - Okay, Tifa goes first, Chloe triggers an L1 with basically anything that is remotely an option for her here, but she can survive the initial thwack and an L1, which is all she needs to do.
Chloe vs Onix - how the fuck did I miss this
Chloe vs Black Wizard (FF1) - Yep.
Chloe vs White Wizard (FF1) - Again, Chloe does not have the resource depth for this.
Chloe vs Paula - Goes first, Poizn Demon Lord.
Chloe vs Miriel - Chloe 2HKOs but she provokes counters.  But she goes first.  She also has about 0.846 mdur, and Miriel does... 0.843 with two Thorons if we assume Sage (and we might as well, Dark Knight kind of sucks at damage and could miss a 3HKO).  But Chloe only kills on turn 2.1 through DLS -> PDL, which means turn order is Chloe -> Miriel -> Miriel -> Chloe, and Miriel 3HKOs with anything.  However, Grudgeful Miss Grudge exists.  So as long as it doesn't actually kill, any damage done by Miriel is effectively reduced to 30% *and* it's fast relative to other moves, so turn order is now a more normal Chloe -> Miriel -> Chloe -> Miriel -> Chloe.  Any non-fatal damage with Thoron becomes... ~0.126 assuming it's as good as advertised.  Well then.

7-4, what an oddball.  Granted she's not exactly facing titans here, but half the losses here are against people who just spoil her game and the other half are against people who just stall her out.  Miss Grudge and 2HKO is probably not quite Light but at the same time it's not really standout (she loathes average damage that outspeeds her from the getgo).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:49:31 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal: Probably has this even if Holy doesn't hit an Aureola-style weakness. If it does, welp.
Priest vs Blanca: I -think- her MP reserves are deep enough for this. Constant regen lets Cure 1 take care of Blanca's damage, which she can cast 24 times (Blanca has 19 SP). Close though, could be argued.
Priest vs Virginia: Priest with Thief Hat should still 2HKO Virginia's suspect HP, and is fast enough (116% to her 131%) to not be hit while charging on turn 3.
Priest vs Blaziken: Blaziken is faster and has a 2HKO unless Priest equips for HP... Priest can try to Protect/tank through it though. Doesn't seem too likely though, Protect just gets met with Bulk Up and one wears off while the other doesn't. Priest equipping for HP can't 2HKO Blaz back.
Priest vs Tifa: Minerva means I don't even have to think about this.
Priest vs Onix: OHKO.
Priest vs Black Wizard (FF1): Blocks stone, still 2HKOs because Wizard is fragile, nothing else Wizard has is turn 2 and he doesn't 2HKO himself.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1): White Wizard uses Invis 2 to max evade, but can't kill through Regenerator. So which happens first? Regenerator failing to kick in some ridiculous number of times in a row, or Priest eventually killing through 1% hit rates connecting? I have no idea. I do know this match will likely take thousands of turns.
Priest vs Miriel: Shell, then 2HKO with Holy.

Lucca vs Nergal: Lucca has 322% durability with Taban Helm. Nergal doesn't like that.
Lucca vs Blanca: Blanca is faster, so gets in shot which takes off nearly half of Lucca's HP. Lucca heal-locks Blanca... but he wins on doubleturns. Sleep will buy her one CT reset but at 70% it won't work more than once, and she needs more than one. Plus MP limits.
Lucca vs Virginia: Sleep/Protect to avoid any nonsense involving doubleturns or Gatlings, Flare is a 2HKO.
Lucca vs Blaziken: Blaziken is faster with a 2HKO, halves fire, and can ward off one shot of sleep as far as I'm concerned.
Lucca vs Tifa: Immunes fire AND sleep.
Lucca vs Onix: Onix halves fire! Onix is faster! Onix... like 4HKOs here at best.
Lucca vs Black Wizard (FF1): Lucca tanks everything BW does and easily 2HKOs.
Lucca vs White Wizard (FF1): WW opens with Wall to own status, then starts buffing her evade. With 70% fire resistance and 4 shots of full healing, she more than enough time.
Lucca vs Miriel: Lucca magic durability.

Priest 6-2
Lucca 5-4

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal - Nergal doesn't move, so Priest gets a free turn to use Shell before moving in.
Priest vs Arche - DOn't remember what all options Arche has and don't feel like looking her up.
Priest vs Blanca- More shots of full healing then Priest has of damage, by miles. And I don't think Priest can manage to stall him out of SP in time. Could be wrong though, perfecting willing to change vote if someone does the math. EDIT: Sure, I'll buy the Priest stalling hype.
Priest vs Virginia - Fragile to Gatling does it, I think. I give her Fiery Rage or whatever the fire medium was called.
Priest vs Blaziken - I think the pressure with Sky Uppercut is enough here?
Priest vs Tifa - Goes first and keeps priest on the defensive, I think?
Priest vs Onix - Shouldn't Holy just 2HKO here? Onix damage kinda terrible, HP is not great and don't recall Sp.Def being that hot either.
Priest vs Black Wizard (FF1) - Holy, and like hell BW has turn 1 status to stop that.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1) - Regenerator literally wins this over millions of turns. Since according to elf, maxed out FF1 evade still gets hit 1% of the time. This is awesome.
Priest vs Enrique - Gutcheck says she just outraces his damage with Holy.
Priest vs Paula - Yeah, no.
Priest vs Miriel - MDU carries here

Lucca vs Nergal - :nergal:
Lucca vs Arche
Lucca vs Blanca - Blanca will get in enough doubles in time, Lucca has no healing.
Lucca vs Virginia - Sleep, buff, smash? Sure. I don't think anything Ginny gets from Fiery Rage lets her turn this around.
Lucca vs Blaziken - Faster tilts this, sure.
Lucca vs Tifa - Immunities, punchthings.
Lucca vs Onix - Can Onix REALLY not carry this? Oi. Well, sleep -> protect -> start laying in the Flares probably does it. Man.
Lucca vs Black Wizard (FF1) - No status, splat.
Lucca vs White Wizard (FF1) - ...huh, WW resists fire, eh? Forgot that! Well, that helps.
Lucca vs Enrique - Protect makes Enrique sad. Also, just splatters with Flare.
Lucca vs Paula - I have high Wondershot respect anyway.
Luccavs Miriel - M.Def.

Well, Priest took awhile to think about, but Lucca's matches blissfully simple.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:13:06 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:48:39 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal- Shell.
Priest vs Blanca -Abstain.
Priest vs Virginia- Holy.
Priest vs Blaziken- NE physical.
Priest vs Tifa- I don't allow the Minvera.
Priest vs Onix- It's Onix.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1)- FOG tips this fight, which could go for thousands of turns. Priest just can't break FOG/RUSE stacking.
Priest vs Enrique- Enrique.

Lucca vs Nergal- Magic tanking.
Lucca vs Blanca- Lucca defense.
Lucca vs Virginia- I'll buy Elfboy's argument.
Lucca vs Blaziken- That fellow went boom boom.
Lucca vs Tifa- Lucca has no way to avoid a limit.
Lucca vs Onix- >_<
Lucca vs Enrique- OHKOs on turn two. Barely.

Priest: 6-2
Lucca: 4-5
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 01:51:10 AM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal- You know you can reroll these Super...
Priest vs Arche
Priest vs Blanca
Priest vs Virginia
Priest vs Blaziken
Priest vs Tifa
Priest vs Onix
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1)- No....
Priest vs Enrique- Maybe if Protect didn't exist...
Priest vs Paula- Paula is so pathetic

Lucca vs Nergal
Lucca vs Arche
Lucca vs Blanca
Lucca vs Virginia
Lucca vs Blaziken
 Lucca vs Tifa
Lucca vs Onix
Lucca vs Enrique
Lucca vs Paula- How foul

Chloe vs Nergal
Chloe vs Arche
Chloe vs Blanca- Gut reaction. Block ID, healing, faster
Chloe vs Virginia
Chloe vs Blaziken
Chloe vs Tifa- I guess Chloe can probably chip well enough for this. Only Tifa match that is close and they need some differentiation.
Chloe vs Onix
Chloe vs Black Wizard (FF1)
Chloe vs White Wizard (FF1) - White Wizard blocks ID and tanks magic and can string healing out long enough
Chloe vs Enrique- Chloe. 2HKO versus Enrique
Chloe vs Paula- Chloe. ID weapon and ID inflicting armor. Paula has to waste a turn to cast Reflect (or Chloe may just be faster and OHKO)

Priest 7-3
Chloe 7-4
Lucca 5-6

Pools probably too similar for this grouping (you have someone like Arche thrash all 3 on principal and Nergal lose to all 3 on Nergal)
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal - 2HKOs, isn't OHKOed. The end.
Priest vs Arche Klein - Immunes ID and likely scrapes a win by alternating healing and staff thwacks. MDef UP helps.
Priest vs Blanca - Kneejerk of Blanca vs. healers.
Priest vs Virginia Maxwell - Protect staves away Gatling nonsense and should let Priest still land two Holy castings.
Priest vs Blaziken - Project burping Elfboy.
Priest vs Tifa Lockheart - :minerva:
Priest vs Onix - Onix, Onix, Onix.
Priest vs Black Wizard (FF1) - Block Stone, 2HKO.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1) - wtf is this no
Priest vs Paula - Alternate staff thwacks and healing until Paula stops breathing. She might not even have to heal more than once.
Priest vs Miriel - Yeah, Shell -> 2HKO (White Robe is a no-go, Rexcalibur exists) works.

8-2 (I refuse to touch the White Mage extravaganza). This isn't exactly a great pool, all things told, but Priest is very solidly Middle. Choice of a slow 2HKO or a nice little attrition game off FFT equips? Yeah, pretty decent, probably a 3.35 in the boiling of eggs.

Lucca Ashtear vs Nergal - Lucca 2HKOs with MT damage and gets 5HKOed back. Having no physicals against Lucca is asking for it.
Lucca Ashtear vs Arche Klein - I -suspect-, Lucca's effective MDef is gross and I'm giving no respect to Arche ID against it.
Lucca Ashtear vs Blanca - Sleep not lasting forever kinda puts Lucca in a bad place here.
Lucca Ashtear vs Virginia Maxwell - Similar case to Priest, only with different tricks.
Lucca Ashtear vs Blaziken - See, this is why having offense variety matters.
Lucca Ashtear vs Tifa Lockheart - :minerva:
Lucca Ashtear vs Onix - Good lord, Onix.
Lucca Ashtear vs Black Wizard (FF1) - Talk about an uphill fight, BW.
Lucca Ashtear vs White Wizard (FF1) - She can badly wall Lucca, this is funny.
Lucca Ashtear vs Paula - Paula can essentially immune fire for little to no tradeback and still gets hilariously outslugged.
Lucca Ashtear vs Miriel - Lucca has a counter-avoiding 2HKO on Miriel, who uh 9HKOs back. Not working out.

7-4. The good results from this pool so far seem to stem more from the low-end power in this than much else. Lucca's pretty oddball anyway: decent damage, status immunity and incredible magical durability go great together and she has some odd tricks with surprising synergy (Sleep+Protect, mainly), but eeeeew to the speed/pdur combo

Chloe Hertzog vs Nergal - Forget about Dark halving, Chloe immunes it. She puts her basic physical on auto and goes to sleep while Nergal ingloriously faces his fate. This is embarrassing.
Chloe Hertzog vs Arche Klein - Arche has a non-elemental 2HKO to Chloe's sketchy mdur and immunes her actual offense. Doll can bypass the immunity issues, but gets Chloe outslugged anyway, and since she also has to immune ID to not die (i.e. sacrifice a lot of speed and possibly some durability for it), Chloe can't even afford to Miss Drudge for a stalling measure (since it's not effective when the blow would kill before the regeneration applies). 
Chloe Hertzog vs Blanca - Resource issues. Blanca can heal longer than Chloe can keep Demon Lord Summoning heal-locking.
Chloe Hertzog vs Virginia Maxwell - Grugdeful Miss Drudge is good at handling Gatling unless it OHKOs, and I doubt Virginia will have that much time to build that FP. Once that's up, Chloe proceeds to 2HKO. Maaaaybe Virginia could try twinking for a stronger turn-one Gatling and maybe aim for a 2HKO, but she'd have to OPEN with Gatling due to Miss Drudge concerns and hanging around with 0 FP kinda wrecks her already suspect durability (and Virginia barehanded physicals holy shit so much fail). Not inclined to respect that, don't think Ginny can ever muster turn-one 74% PC HP damage.
Chloe Hertzog vs Blaziken - Faster in practice, 2HKOs.
Chloe Hertzog vs Tifa Lockheart - Don't believe there's a Dark element in FF7, and Demon Lord Summoning+Poizn Demon Lord should bypass even a L1 (which risks killing Chloe of the 0.74 pdur as is... or would, but Grudgeful Miss Drudge jams a wrench into that! NEEEEEEEVERMIND).
Chloe Hertzog vs Onix - Dear lord, 2HKOs.
Chloe Hertzog vs Black Wizard (FF1) - MDef, 2HKOs with World of Booc+Poizn Demon Lord so no lapping issues abound.
Chloe Hertzog vs White Wizard (FF1) - Spams Demon Lord Summoning until a Quick and finishes it off. Yeah, Works, WW offense is -awful-.
Chloe Hertzog vs Paula - OHKOs with Poizn Demon Lord and goes first . Good lord, Paula, when you don't give 2HKOs to people, you hand them OHKOs.
Chloe Hertzog vs Miriel - Miriel doesn't double and doesn't 2HKO, I guess. The recharge gets mitigated by Miss Drudge along with softening the damage as well (and yes, it's as good as advertised. I used it in-game for lulz and was surprised at how effective it was - EDIT: it only applies after a full string, though. I'm pretty sure my mind was playing tricks on me beforehand).

8-3. Man, Chloe is pretty strange for someone who's mostly about trying to 2HKO before dying. Her recharge issues makes her slugging pretty damned odd (2HKOs off above average speed! Oh wait average laps her after a single Poison Demon Lord oh god. And let's not get started on her survivability: for some reason, she thought it was a good idea to crib Strawman's durability spread verbatim). Starting off above average for speed and having MK2 equipment spoiling options (which do come with their shortcomings, of course) pads her issues a fair bit in the lower end, though resources are still a problem long-term (at least she can heal-lock for more than one turn with Demon Lord+threat of Poizn Demon Lord, probably matters for some Quick => lap strategies on low-end healers). Grudgeful Miss Drudge is oddly cool and made more useful when she actually ends up on the right side of average, too! Definitely doesn't feel Light (the oddball 2HKOing and damage mitigating tricks brutally exploit the division's failings), though she's bound to run into walls often in Middle. Mana Khemia 2 feels like pretty much a cast of gimmicky slugfesters - strangely cool, that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:19:57 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:30 PM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal
Priest vs Arche
Priest vs Blanca
Priest vs Virginia
Priest vs Blaziken
Priest vs Tifa
Priest vs Onix
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1)
Priest vs Enrique
Priest vs Paula
Priest vs Miriel

Lucca vs Nergal
Lucca vs Arche
Lucca vs Blanca
Lucca vs Virginia
Lucca vs Blaziken
Lucca vs Tifa
Lucca vs Onix
Lucca vs Enrique
Lucca vs Paula
Lucca vs Miriel
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 02:48:49 AM »
Priest (FFT) vs Nergal- Shell.
Priest vs Blanca -Abstain.
Priest vs Virginia- Holy.
Priest vs Blaziken- NE physical.
Priest vs Tifa- I don't allow the Minvera.
Priest vs Onix- It's Onix.
Priest vs White Wizard (FF1)- FOG tips this fight, which could go for thousands of turns. Priest just can't break FOG/RUSE stacking.
Priest vs Enrique- Enrique.

Lucca vs Nergal- Magic tanking.
Lucca vs Blanca- Lucca defense.
Lucca vs Virginia- I'll buy Elfboy's argument.
Lucca vs Blaziken- That fellow went boom boom.
Lucca vs Tifa- Lucca has no way to avoid a limit.
Lucca vs Onix- >_<
Lucca vs Enrique- OHKOs on turn two. Barely.

Priest: 6-2
Lucca: 4-5